PDA

View Full Version : Dez Bryant

Tony Oday
07-26-2010, 11:44 PM
Moron...look out Dallas sounds like Diva for sure.

HarveyWallbangers
07-27-2010, 01:48 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/13966/aaron-rodgers-to-dez-bryant-fall-in-line

Over on our fast-paced Twitter feed, we've had a nice little back-and-forth on the refusal of Dallas Cowboys rookie Dez Bryant to carry the helmet of veteran receiver (and former Detroit Lion) Roy Williams in training camp.

Rodgers
My own feeling is that Bryant needs to lighten up and understand that carrying a helmet is less about hazing and more about showing respect for established teammates who are welcoming you to their circle. Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (@AaronRodgers12), responding to a follower's question about Bryant, was more blunt: "I'd tell him he needs to pay his dues n fall in line."

Rodgers also tweeted: "Every rookie gets hazed. There should be a rite of passage" and added:

AaronRodgers12 Picking up some dinner bills, having a few pranks pulled on u n, doing some odd jobs for the vets is a small price to pay to gain respect 26 Jul 2010 from Twitterrific

AaronRodgers12 No ones gonna get taped to a goalpost in gb or beat up but young guys should show some respect to the older guys and being a good rookie... 26 Jul 2010 from Twitterrific

AaronRodgers12 Means keeping quiet n being in the right place at the right time n showing respect to the vets as long as it's appropriate 26 Jul 2010 from Twitterrific

HarveyWallbangers
07-27-2010, 01:48 AM
And in case you're wondering, at least two Packers rookies were listening. Here's what defensive lineman Micheal Neal (@mneal96), Green Bay's No. 2 draft choice, tweeted: "yes sir!"

Offensive lineman Bryan Bulaga (@Bbulaga), the Packers' first-round pick, added: "agreed... words of wisdom right there."

packerbacker1234
07-27-2010, 06:57 AM
It's true. Yes you have a job to do, and that job can't be done alone. It's a team, and if you want the respect of your fellow veteran teammates, there are just things you are going to have to do to earn that respect - to make sure they have your back out on that football field.

Fritz
07-27-2010, 07:54 AM
As a member of an earlier generation, I say Bryant is a bag of douche.

Tony Oday
07-27-2010, 08:27 AM
I think it shows the lack of leadership on the Cowgirls.

SkinBasket
07-27-2010, 09:08 AM
As a member of an earlier generation, I say Bryant is a bag of douche.

Bag of douche title seconded and ratified. Previously named player now to be known as Dez "bag o' douche" Bryant. Adjourned.

Fritz
07-27-2010, 10:37 AM
I like it. Gives him a little bit of an Irish lilt.

#80, Dez "Bag O' Douche" Bryant.

He's full of blarney.

Pugger
07-27-2010, 11:11 AM
I have no love for Dez Bryant but this rookie hazing is ridiculous. This kind of kid stuff is okay when you're in college I suppose but not for professionals, no matter if they are rookies or not.

HarveyWallbangers
07-27-2010, 12:03 PM
I have no love for Dez Bryant but this rookie hazing is ridiculous. This kind of kid stuff is okay when you're in college I suppose but not for professionals, no matter if they are rookies or not.

I don't think so. Nothing wrong with keeping the ego of a 22-year-old college star WR from getting too inflated. It's just what guys do. Most industries that have mostly men have some form of "rookie" hazing that goes on.

At our work, we call the new guy "new guy" and we make him do bug fixes until he's earned his keep.

Now, some of the hazing goes overboard, but bitching about having to carry a veteran's pads is ridiculous. That tells me the guy has an over-inflated ego.

Tony Oday
07-27-2010, 01:35 PM

I don't think so. Nothing wrong with keeping the ego of a 22-year-old college star WR from getting too inflated. It's just what guys do. Most industries that have mostly men have some form of "rookie" hazing that goes on.

At our work, we call the new guy "new guy" and we make him do bug fixes until he's earned his keep.

Now, some of the hazing goes overboard, but bitching about having to carry a veteran's pads is ridiculous. That tells me the guy has an over-inflated ego.

It tells me he doesnt think the rules apply to him. If the Ofensive Linemen are on the side of Williams I think Dez will end up being taped to a goalpost.

BobDobbs
07-27-2010, 03:01 PM
Let's not forget that Roy Williams is an ego in cleats too. He is after all an NFL receiver.

Besides it being a preseason story that is getting more play than it should, I think this is about two guys, one job. Miles Austin is going to start. So, is the third string going to be Bryant or Williams? That's what's going on Bryant is coming for Roy's job and he's not trying to bow to him in any way.

That and he's a prima donna. Perfect Cowboy.

SkinBasket
07-27-2010, 05:08 PM

I think this helmet stuff falls more under team tradition than hazing. It's not like they're shaving the guy's balls and shoving lit candles in his anus.

I see it akin to a GB rookie coming in and calling riding the kids' bikes to practice gay and instead insisting on a rented limo to the field.

Iron Mike
07-27-2010, 05:48 PM
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2010/07/hey-this-team-didnt-just-waste-one-pick-on-me-i-deserve-respect.html

Brandon494
07-27-2010, 06:12 PM
Hes not a douche for not carrying Roy Williams pads....shit I wouldnt even carry Roy Williams pad. Roy should be carrying his pads the way he has played since being traded to the Cowboys. I guarntee we'll be looking back at this draft 3 years from now wishing we had drafted Dez Byrant.

Tony Oday
07-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Hes not a douche for not carrying Roy Williams pads....shit I wouldnt even carry Roy Williams pad. Roy should be carrying his pads the way he has played since being traded to the Cowboys. I guarntee we'll be looking back at this draft 3 years from now wishing we had drafted Dez Byrant.

In three years we will have two SB trophies and the Cowgirls will have a cracked out former number one pick they are trying to trade.

Brandon494
07-27-2010, 06:17 PM

In three years we will have two SB trophies and the Cowgirls will have a cracked out former number one pick they are trying to trade.
cracked out huh? What exactly has Dez Byrant done that is so bad?

And Im as thrilled about this team as anyone and we have a damn good team but lets get out of the 1st round before we start talking about 2 SBs in 3 years....Cowboys have a pretty damn good team as well.

swede
07-27-2010, 06:19 PM
I think this helmet stuff falls more under team tradition than hazing. It's not like they're shaving the guy's balls and shoving lit candles in his anus.

My high school coach wouldn't let the seniors light the candles. Fire hazard.

SkinBasket
07-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Hes not a douche for not carrying Roy Williams pads.

Yes. He is. His career stats are 0/0/0.0/0.

Until he fills those holes with some numbers, he's just another draft pick who thinks he's the next Big Thang. See Roy Williams as a PRIME example of why Dez Bag o' Douche Bryant should be carrying Roy Williams' pads.

Brandon494
07-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Hes not a douche for not carrying Roy Williams pads.

Yes. He is. His career stats are 0/0/0.0/0.

Until he fills those holes with some numbers, he's just another draft pick who thinks he's the next Big Thang. See Roy Williams as a PRIME example of why Dez Bag o' Douche Bryant should be carrying Roy Williams' pads.

I know it doesnt count but Byrant has been catching everything in site so far in practice while Roy Williams has continued to drop easy passes. Some of you are just hating for no reason really. Who gives a shit if he doesnt carry Roy Williams pads, its the fucking Cowboys. I don't label the guy a douche something as small as that. Dez Byrant is the next big thing at reciever and will end up taking Roy Williams job by the end of the season.

Lurker64
07-27-2010, 11:07 PM
The thing about carrying pads is that it's not about hazing rookies, it's about showing respect to the guys who are veterans. If you want to ingratiate yourself with a group, say a team, it's important to be appropriately respectful to the people that were there before you.

I don't care if you're the #1 overall draft pick and the longsnapper asks you to tote his helmet. He's been there longer than you and has put in more work than you have for the team, and if you want to earn the respect of the locker room you're going to have to acknowledge that fact.

Things like having the rookies sing their college fight songs, now that's about hazing.

PlantPage55
07-28-2010, 12:33 AM
Why does everyone who ends up in Dallas end up doing something that makes me hate them?

Fucking Cowboys.

RashanGary
07-28-2010, 07:35 AM
Dez Bryant is a phenominal talent. Who to compare him to? ? ? He's a little Anquon Boldin, a little Chris Carter. . . .

Great hands, great burst, tough. . .

The question with him is all in his head. Sliding down the draft was a great wakeup call for him. Being in Dallas where he'll be scrutinized to high hell for everything might be enough of a constant reminder to keep his head straight.

I did not want to draft him, but I know there's a chance he becomes a HOF player. He's just an amazing talent.

SkinBasket
07-28-2010, 08:32 AM
He's just an amazing talent.

And we say that dozens of times every year only to wonder where that guy ever went 2-3 years later. I guess for some people, their rookie boners just won't go down.

Brandon494
07-28-2010, 10:52 AM
He's just an amazing talent.

And we say that dozens of times every year only to wonder where that guy ever went 2-3 years later. I guess for some people, their rookie boners just won't go down.

Yea we migt say it a dozen times but for every Charles Rogers you have a Calvin Johnson. Byrant caught 19 TDs as a true sophmore and he got suspended for lying about going to Deion Sanders house.... big fucking deal. You don't have to like the kid but you can't deny his talent.

Fritz
07-28-2010, 10:58 AM
Brandon has a rookie boner. If it doesn't go down in 4 hours, see a doctor. Or Brandon Underwood. He'll set you up.

Brandon494
07-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Brandon has a rookie boner. If it doesn't go down in 4 hours, see a doctor. Or Brandon Underwood. He'll set you up.

I have a rookie "boner" for Burnett, I just don't understand all he hate towards Dez.

Pugger
07-28-2010, 12:16 PM
The thing about carrying pads is that it's not about hazing rookies, it's about showing respect to the guys who are veterans. If you want to ingratiate yourself with a group, say a team, it's important to be appropriately respectful to the people that were there before you.

I don't care if you're the #1 overall draft pick and the longsnapper asks you to tote his helmet. He's been there longer than you and has put in more work than you have for the team, and if you want to earn the respect of the locker room you're going to have to acknowledge that fact.

Things like having the rookies sing their college fight songs, now that's about hazing.

You're right, this isn't hazing. Maybe I didn't get the jist of it seeing I have never been a member of a team's lockerroom...

SkinBasket
07-28-2010, 12:18 PM
I just don't understand all he hate towards Dez.

I think it's been made quite clear. An unproven rookie, no matter how boner-inducing he is, showing no respect to a vet - no matter who that vet is - does not make one popular because it demonstrates a lack of respect for those who came before him and have helped build the game he's going to become rich off of no matter how terribly he ends up bombing as the next great thang.

retailguy
07-28-2010, 12:23 PM

I have a rookie "boner" for Burnett, I just don't understand all he hate towards Dez.

It is simple really. He's a jackass. I see it today, you'll see it in a couple of years along with the rest of the world. No problem.

Brandon494
07-28-2010, 01:09 PM

It is simple really. He's a jackass. I see it today, you'll see it in a couple of years along with the rest of the world. No problem.

so he is a jackass for not carrying pads? What else has he done that earns him the title of a jackass or douche? He is a 21 year old kid who came from a troubled background who did not realize rookie hazing and took it as a shot to his man hood from a guy he is competing with for a starting job.

Freak Out
07-28-2010, 01:47 PM
I hope that Dez and Roy fight like spoiled little bitches in camp and the Cowboys suck donkey balls this season.

sharpe1027
07-28-2010, 01:49 PM
so he is a jackass for not carrying pads? What else has he done that earns him the title of a jackass or douche? He is a 21 year old kid who came from a troubled background who did not realize rookie hazing and took it as a shot to his man hood from a guy he is competing with for a starting job.

This whole thing is very overblown. But, IMHO, he is still a jackass for thinking he is above doing what every other rookie was asked to do.

Every jackass has a personal justification for why they act like a jackass. That doesn't make them any less of a jackass. A jackass is not less of a jackass because of his age, although younger jackasses are arguably more common.

LP
07-28-2010, 01:54 PM

Seeing as how he is a first round draft pick and has been hanging with Deion Sanders, one would assume he knows just a wee bit about what would happen when he got to camp.

Of course if you want to believe the ultra slim possibility that he didn't realize, then all the more reason for him to shut his mouth, open his ears and do as he is told.

Zool
07-28-2010, 03:47 PM
I hope that Dez and Roy fight like spoiled little bitches in camp and the Cowboys suck donkey balls this season.

Its been quite a day for donkey genitals.

mission
07-28-2010, 04:02 PM

Its been quite a day for donkey genitals.

Great Bubbles avatar... my wife and I love that show. :lol:

NewsBruin
07-28-2010, 10:50 PM
Unfortunately, the story's blown over. Roy Williams says everything's cool; Bryant's said he didn't know it was a tradition and he'd be happy to carry all of Williams' gear "down to the tights." Show's over; nothing to see folks...

If you believe that it was just a misunderstanding, then you probably believe every time a football player says he's in the best shape of his career and feels better than ever this offseason.

When I read about it, my initial thoughts echoed SI's Ross Tucker: this was the beginning of mind games between Williams and Bryant. They both know what each other has done in their respective 2009 seasons and they know they're each other's competition. I doubt it's pure ignorant jackassery on Bryant's part (although it's always fun to believe that), but targeted chippiness and obstinance.

I'm sure even the Cowboys' coaches and players are smirking about it once the reporters drive off.

I'll drink to that hope.

twoseven
07-29-2010, 04:05 AM
Bryant is being an idiot for not going through the minor hazing like most will have done, he looks bad for not toeing the line and just doing it. But, I wonder how he would have reacted to say Miles Austin telling him to carry his pads versus the guy he is most likely going to beat out one day doing it. Bryant really fucked up. He could have outplayed Williams on and off the field but he failed this test becuase he couldn't sidestep his own and Roy's ego.

I do not agree that just anyone should be able to get in Bryant's business concerning how he handles himself. Should the punter or kicker have the right to toss their shit at another player's feet that actually takes a hit for a living? Austin, Witten, Barber, or Romo are the perfect guys to try and learn Dez and give his some serious shit. But I think Williams looks stupid taking it upon himself to be that guy. It is par for the course for Williams as he continues to drop shit that he should be hanging onto. Williams should do something to live up to his own draft pick status before he attempts to teach someone else how things should be done in the NFL. Both players looked silly in this instance and I love it, more DAL drama.

retailguy
07-29-2010, 08:21 AM

His "troubled" background isn't his fault, but he's gotta pick himself up and move on from it. I don't think he can. I see a pattern. Here it is:

The front office likes Bryant personally and values his talent, but it is concerned that he doesn't have a foundation. He grew up with a mother who was in and out of jail and a father who barely wanted him.

Not a reflection on him, but a little insight into how he grew up and the role models he had or didn't have in his life. This affects how he makes decisions.

Bryant was outstanding on the field at Oklahoma State, but he was often late to games and meetings.

Me first? If it isn't important to me, it isn't important.. Not good.

He was suspended just three games into his junior season for lying to the NCAA about his relationship with Deion Sanders.

He keeps saying that "nothing" about his relationship with Deion was improper. Then why lie?

While he was visiting St. Louis, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that he acted like a diva. Bryant's people disputed that account, saying that he was tired after a five-hour flight from San Francisco and declined a dinner invite because he had eaten before arriving.

This is relatively recent. Aren't all of us expected to be on our best behavior during a job interview? Isn't this common sense for most of us? Even if this is "blown out of proportion" to a degree, shouldn't Dez have put himself in the place where it was a non issue? Hell, have the brains to just go with the flow, show up at dinner and order soup... Be humble. I don't think he has those skills.

This article then concludes with this "gem":

"The things that happened in the past, they happened in the past," Bryant said. "We're trying to fix what's going on now. My family and I have been doing great, we're doing fine, and people don't talk about that. They don't look at that. They just look at my background. They didn't look at what's going on now."

What's going on now is that Dez wouldn't carry Williams pads, because HE decided he didn't have to do that. HE decided that he was there to play football, AND NOTHING ELSE.

Which one of us gets to make those decisions? Hell, if my employer wants me to clean the bathroom, and they keep sending the same paycheck they always have, then I clean the bathroom.

Today, Dez is making the same decisions he has made in the past. Not much has changed, except Jerry Jones dropped a wad of cash in his bank account. This makes it even harder to change.

Dez ain't changing. What you see is what you get. And what you get is an immature jackass, who might be a good football player. And might not. Jackass is almost guaranteed. The jury is still out on the football player.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/columns/story?columnist=watkins_calvin&id=5128506

Fritz
07-29-2010, 08:48 AM
I think the Cowboys should bring in a donkey especially for Dez Bryant.

RashanGary
07-29-2010, 08:52 AM
I had a pretty rough up bringing (dad in and out of jail). Mom did her best, but at some point just sort of gave up on being a parent.

I was a bit of a jackass for a while. I was incredibly immature. Nobody talked to me about life, about considering other people. It sounds so common sense, many things do, but when you life in a disfunctional home and have very little support, things everyone takes for granted, you don't have. People hate you because they think you're a prick. The real feeling towards these people should be empathy and maybe sympathy. They're idiots, unfit for society.

I found some good people and found some support that helped me move on from the immaturity. It's not all that common. Not too many of my old friends have any level of success.

I hope the best for him though. I didn't want him on our team because I know he has long odds, but I do wish the best for him. It's on him to clean it up, but I don't hate him or not understand him if he doesn't. He's just another product of a bad environment that was too dumb and too lost to ever really become a functional member of society.

retailguy
07-29-2010, 11:48 AM
I had a pretty rough up bringing (dad in and out of jail). Mom did her best, but at some point just sort of gave up on being a parent.

I was a bit of a jackass for a while. I was incredibly immature. Nobody talked to me about life, about considering other people. It sounds so common sense, many things do, but when you life in a disfunctional home and have very little support, things everyone takes for granted, you don't have. People hate you because they think you're a prick. The real feeling towards these people should be empathy and maybe sympathy. They're idiots, unfit for society.

I found some good people and found some support that helped me move on from the immaturity. It's not all that common. Not too many of my old friends have any level of success.

I hope the best for him though. I didn't want him on our team because I know he has long odds, but I do wish the best for him. It's on him to clean it up, but I don't hate him or not understand him if he doesn't. He's just another product of a bad environment that was too dumb and too lost to ever really become a functional member of society.

Did Jerry Jones stick $8m in your bank account when you were 21? Serious question - if someone had done that, would it have retarded or helped your growth?

True change is relatively rare. You should be proud of your accomplishments, they didn't come without significant work.

Case in point? - Chris Henry. All of the things they have said about Dez were said about Henry. He's a good kid, he's misunderstood, he's immature, he means well.... Even partially straightened out the guy couldn't make it.

All this stuff is very sad. Not outside human nature, but still very sad.

Guys like you have to get into positions to help guys like them, both rich and poor. They won't listen to guys like me, no matter how hard I try. I did not come from the same background. I do not process information and make decisions from the same perspective. They cannot relate to me, and therefore, cannot accept any suggestions from me, or anyone else that didn't come from their background.

In any event, I don't think Deion Sanders is a good role model for the kid. You may as well assign Pacman Jones as his mentor.

get louder at lambeau
07-29-2010, 12:01 PM

Did Jerry Jones stick $8m in your bank account when you were 21? Serious question - if someone had done that, would it have retarded or helped your growth?

True change is relatively rare. You should be proud of your accomplishments, they didn't come without significant work.

Case in point? - Chris Henry. All of the things they have said about Dez were said about Henry. He's a good kid, he's misunderstood, he's immature, he means well.... Even partially straightened out the guy couldn't make it.

All this stuff is very sad. Not outside human nature, but still very sad.

Guys like you have to get into positions to help guys like them, both rich and poor. They won't listen to guys like me, no matter how hard I try. I did not come from the same background. I do not process information and make decisions from the same perspective. They cannot relate to me, and therefore, cannot accept any suggestions from me, or anyone else that didn't come from their background.

In any event, I don't think Deion Sanders is a good role model for the kid. You may as well assign Pacman Jones as his mentor.

My nephew grew up in a dysfunctional situation and then got $80,000 from an accident right when he turned 18. Worst thing that ever happened to him.

Brandon494
07-29-2010, 05:15 PM

They are nothing alike, Dez has never been in trouble with the law like Henry. Also Henry had a chronic brain injury that influenced his mental state and behavior.

I look at Dez Byrant like Randy Moss, I don't see him being as good as Moss but both players were top 10 talents who slid to the 20s in the draft because of off field issues. Dez Byrant will be a stud in this league and you can quote me on that.

He is getting a bad rap which he doesnt deserve. Ok so he didnt carry some pads, who really cares? He was the first 1st round draft pick to sign because he wanted to get to training camp on time and get extra work in with Romo. He didnt hold out for half the season like the diva WR Crabtree. Some of you may want to go back to when you were 21 and think of all the stupid shit you did because Im only 23 and I shake my head at some of the shit I pulled 2 years ago. Only difference is we don't have the media putting our personal lifes all over the internet.

retailguy
07-29-2010, 07:45 PM
They are nothing alike,

I disagree

Dez has never been in trouble with the law like Henry.

Yet.

Also Henry had a chronic brain injury that influenced his mental state and behavior.

That is a THEORY. No one knows how it affected him. Further, no one knows that Dez doesn't have the same brain injury. Or you. Or me either for that matter.

I look at Dez Byrant like Randy Moss, I don't see him being as good as Moss but both players were top 10 talents who slid to the 20s in the draft because of off field issues. Dez Byrant will be a stud in this league and you can quote me on that.

Consider yourself quoted. I believe he won't be worth a shit if he doesn't grow up quick.

He is getting a bad rap which he doesnt deserve.

Complete bullshit. Every single thing I posted, he has admitted he did. Nothing is made up, nothing is inaccurate. We're discussing how people "interpret" what he did.

He earned that "bad rap", and is failing badly at "repairing" his image. He is coming off as the complete douche people say he is.

Ok so he didnt carry some pads, who really cares?

I do. And so do a bunch of other people.

He was the first 1st round draft pick to sign because he wanted to get to training camp on time and get extra work in with Romo.

Says who? He got a good offer. The Cowboys paid him and he showed up.

He didnt hold out for half the season like the diva WR Crabtree.

Neither did Chris Henry, or 99.999% of the rest of the NFL over the past 10 years.

Some of you may want to go back to when you were 21 and think of all the stupid shit you did because Im only 23 and I shake my head at some of the shit I pulled 2 years ago.

I shake my head at the shit you said last week. :wink:

Seriously, I do, you do, we all do. BUT, we weren't getting paid $8m to do our jobs either. We aren't on the news crying about how "misunderstood" we are either.

Only difference is we don't have the media putting our personal lifes all over the internet.

If you got paid $8m at age 21, you'd be on TV, or in jail.

That's the breaks. Life ain't fair.

So, hear me Brandon. I hope the guy shapes up. I hope he's part of the less than 5% that change. I just don't see it. I see a pattern. You see a pattern. You excuse it, I don't. I made mistakes at 21. I made mistakes at 31. I made mistakes at 41. But you know what? I was responsible for every damn one of those mistakes. And so is Dez.

Brandon494
07-29-2010, 08:05 PM
Dez knows he is responsible for his actions and has taken the blame for everything that has happen to him.

To say he has not been in trouble "yet" is pretty lame. I guess Finley has yet to get in trouble with the law as well since he came to the Packers as a immature rookie out of Texas.

He said he wanted to get the deal signed quick to get into camp, if it was about the damn money he would have held out longer like these other rookies but he didnt.

Comparing him to Chris Henry just shows how much you don't know about the guy. Its clear you don't like him so of course you are going to overblow the whole carrying the pads incident which lasted a whole day.

Seriously from where he has come from I think he has done pretty damn good for himself, exactly what has he done to society to make him out as this evil person you are portraying him as? Dude grew up without a father and a cracked out whore as a mom, you think that shit was easy growing up?

Chris Henry was involved in a string of legal troubles including several arrests for driving under the influence, marijuana possession, assault, and criminal damage. All Dez Byrant has done is have dinner with Deion Sanders and refuse to carry Roy Williams pads but I guess all you see is a young black male so you think fuck it he'll be just like the rest of them, and you know what he just might be but don't label him until he actually does something that is against the law.

retailguy
07-29-2010, 09:33 PM
but I guess all you see is a young black male

Really? All you got is to inject racism and call me a racist? You're that empty?

Brandon, any respect I had for you or your POV just went out the window. I'll leave it to the 25 folks I met in GB including Justin to vouch for my character.
Yours has spoken for itself.

I'm done.

Brandon494
07-29-2010, 09:42 PM
but I guess all you see is a young black male

Really? All you got is to inject racism and call me a racist? You're that empty?

Brandon, any respect I had for you or your POV just went out the window. I'll leave it to the 25 folks I met in GB including Justin to vouch for my character.
Yours has spoken for itself.

I'm done.

hahaha never called you a racist but ok. Your comments on comparing Dez Byrant to Chris Henry were weak is all I was saying but you can get mad about nothing.

Fritz
07-29-2010, 10:23 PM
He is a Cowboy; therefore, he is an ass.

Race has nothing to do with it. It's the color of his jersey.

You are both pretty respectable people. Good posters. So knock it off, and get back to hating the damn Cowboys!

Dez Bryant sucks donkey thingeys because he's a Cowboy!

PlantPage55
07-30-2010, 01:35 AM

You are both pretty respectable people. Good posters. So knock it off, and get back to hating the damn Cowboys!

Exactly. Judge men not by the color of the skin, but by the color of their jersey.

It's the same reason that I would love AP if he were in Green and Gold, but since he wears purple, he's an overrated peabrain with a fumbling problem.

SkinBasket
07-30-2010, 08:13 AM
hahaha never called you a racist but ok.

I guess all you see is a young black male so you think fuck it he'll be just like the rest of them

Seriously? That's like saying, "you're a orange vegetable commonly used in soups and eaten by cartoon rabbits."

"So, I'm a carrot?"

"I never called you a carrot."

gabe
07-30-2010, 08:43 AM
Does anyone think Jerry Jones sat him down and had a talk after the pad incident?

ThunderDan
07-30-2010, 09:04 AM

I guess all you see is a young black male so you think fuck it he'll be just like the rest of them

Seriously? That's like saying, "you're a orange vegetable commonly used in soups and eaten by cartoon rabbits."

"So, I'm a carrot?"

I didn't read Brandon's comments that way at all. He was saying you see a black male, a black male that you compared to Chris Henry who is a black male, and lumped the two together and becaus Chris failed Dez will be a failure. Totally different circumstances but RG comes to the same conclusion on both.

I can see how it could be inferred that Brandon was saying all black males that exist but I think that is a huge jump since the two had been arguing about Chris Henry and Dez Bryant.

The use of the phrase - rest of them - causes the jump to be made.

Freak Out
07-30-2010, 09:24 AM
Dez is a racist that sucks donkey balls.

SkinBasket
07-30-2010, 02:16 PM

"So, I'm a carrot?"

I didn't read Brandon's comments that way at all. He was saying you see a black male, a black male that you compared to Chris Henry who is a black male, and lumped the two together and becaus Chris failed Dez will be a failure. Totally different circumstances but RG comes to the same conclusion on both.

I can see how it could be inferred that Brandon was saying all black males that exist but I think that is a huge jump since the two had been arguing about Chris Henry and Dez Bryant.

The use of the phrase - rest of them - causes the jump to be made.

It doesn't cause a "jump." If you read the sentence, and accept it's logic at face value, that is the comparison being made. I guess you can divine what he may or may not have meant, but it sure isn't what the words say.

pbmax
07-30-2010, 02:53 PM

His "troubled" background isn't his fault, but he's gotta pick himself up and move on from it. I don't think he can. I see a pattern. Here it is:

The front office likes Bryant personally and values his talent, but it is concerned that he doesn't have a foundation. He grew up with a mother who was in and out of jail and a father who barely wanted him.

Not a reflection on him, but a little insight into how he grew up and the role models he had or didn't have in his life. This affects how he makes decisions.

Bryant was outstanding on the field at Oklahoma State, but he was often late to games and meetings.

Me first? If it isn't important to me, it isn't important.. Not good.

He was suspended just three games into his junior season for lying to the NCAA about his relationship with Deion Sanders.

He keeps saying that "nothing" about his relationship with Deion was improper. Then why lie?

While he was visiting St. Louis, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that he acted like a diva. Bryant's people disputed that account, saying that he was tired after a five-hour flight from San Francisco and declined a dinner invite because he had eaten before arriving.

This is relatively recent. Aren't all of us expected to be on our best behavior during a job interview? Isn't this common sense for most of us? Even if this is "blown out of proportion" to a degree, shouldn't Dez have put himself in the place where it was a non issue? Hell, have the brains to just go with the flow, show up at dinner and order soup... Be humble. I don't think he has those skills.

This article then concludes with this "gem":

"The things that happened in the past, they happened in the past," Bryant said. "We're trying to fix what's going on now. My family and I have been doing great, we're doing fine, and people don't talk about that. They don't look at that. They just look at my background. They didn't look at what's going on now."

What's going on now is that Dez wouldn't carry Williams pads, because HE decided he didn't have to do that. HE decided that he was there to play football, AND NOTHING ELSE.

Which one of us gets to make those decisions? Hell, if my employer wants me to clean the bathroom, and they keep sending the same paycheck they always have, then I clean the bathroom.

Today, Dez is making the same decisions he has made in the past. Not much has changed, except Jerry Jones dropped a wad of cash in his bank account. This makes it even harder to change.

Dez ain't changing. What you see is what you get. And what you get is an immature jackass, who might be a good football player. And might not. Jackass is almost guaranteed. The jury is still out on the football player.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/columns/story?columnist=watkins_calvin&id=5128506
This list of offenses is pretty thin. He may fail, but I doubt it has anything to do with the examples listed here (save the upbringing). You also take no time to list the work he has done to prepare himself for his career. Did he fall off a truck being able to play Division 1 wide receiver? The majority of people on this board could list more heinous crimes than this. What is different is the amount of attention these errors receive, and the bankroll.

In the end, those two hurdles will be more difficult to overcome than anything in that article.

The comparison to Henry is weak. Henry was suspended while in school at West Virginia for conduct on the field. He also had multiple run ins with the authorities that were rumored, but supposedly covered by the coaching staff. No one but the notoriously scouting frugal Bengals had that high a grade on Henry. While in the Pros, Henry regularly put himself in legal and league jeopardy. The caveat of "Yet" hardly covers the gulf by which this comparison misses.

As for lying, Bryant was clearly being recruited by Sanders for Eugene Parker. Same type of behavior with agent "runners" that is causing such trouble in the SEC at the moment. Except Sanders is an NFL Hall of Famer who is quite smart and adept at his job. So while Sanders knew it was against the spirit of the rules but not provable violation, his protege was far more naive.

He may be an idiot, but that alone has yet to stop and NFL wide receiver.

Brandon494
07-30-2010, 03:19 PM

"So, I'm a carrot?"

Of course you see it that way, just trying to start some shit thats not even there.

Brandon494
07-30-2010, 03:20 PM

Sounds good to me

retailguy
07-30-2010, 03:38 PM

"So, I'm a carrot?"

Of course you see it that way, just trying to start some shit thats not even there.

Bullshit. It's there. I see it, he sees it, even Dan saw it. Man up and THEN move on. It's a Dez thing - TAKE RESPONSIBILITY, then choose your words better next time. (What a wonderful opportunity to grow!)

I honestly believe it was a cheap purposeful slam. You ought to be ashamed of yourself instead of trying to pass it off as nothing.

retailguy
07-30-2010, 03:50 PM
This list of offenses is pretty thin. He may fail, but I doubt it has anything to do with the examples listed here (save the upbringing). You also take no time to list the work he has done to prepare himself for his career. Did he fall off a truck being able to play Division 1 wide receiver? The majority of people on this board could list more heinous crimes than this. What is different is the amount of attention these errors receive, and the bankroll.

In the end, those two hurdles will be more difficult to overcome than anything in that article.

The comparison to Henry is weak. Henry was suspended while in school at West Virginia for conduct on the field. He also had multiple run ins with the authorities that were rumored, but supposedly covered by the coaching staff. No one but the notoriously scouting frugal Bengals had that high a grade on Henry. While in the Pros, Henry regularly put himself in legal and league jeopardy. The caveat of "Yet" hardly covers the gulf by which this comparison misses.

As for lying, Bryant was clearly being recruited by Sanders for Eugene Parker. Same type of behavior with agent "runners" that is causing such trouble in the SEC at the moment. Except Sanders is an NFL Hall of Famer who is quite smart and adept at his job. So while Sanders knew it was against the spirit of the rules but not provable violation, his protege was far more naive.

He may be an idiot, but that alone has yet to stop and NFL wide receiver.

I'm talking about "behavior" not a list of offenses. They all point in my mind to someone that has difficulty doing things someone elses way, and worse taking direction from others.

My comparison to Henry was specifically directed to what "OTHERS" said about them. Those things are similar. Everyone that talked about Henry talked about "what a great guy he was". They also talked about him being "immature", and not understanding the importance of being on time, etc. If I wasn't specific enough to say I wasn't "forecasting" criminal behavior, then fine. He doesn't have to break the law for the comparison to be similar, and if that is the only way you can see it as "similar" then we can agree to disagree. I'm not even thinking about criminal behavior.

You want to make comparisons to Matt Jones? Fine with me. Again, same things said about him by others. Jones just got into drugs instead of being a general miscreant like Henry. But Jones hasn't changed either.

It for me, is a behavioral thing. I see no evidence that his behavior is changing. The pads thing reinforces that. His words defending himself, "I'm here to play football", reinforce that. It happened LAST WEEK. Dez was complaining two months ago that this "behavior" is in his past and no one will let him move past it. Then he does it again. That's change? I don't think so.

Nothing says - I'll do whatever it takes to be a great wide receiver. Nothing. But plenty of those "minor concerns" say, "I am an asshole, and you'll do it my way". That's a consistent message.

Again, I hope the guy straightens himself out and becomes the next Jerry Rice. I just don't see it. Plenty of guys got that kind of talent and Dez is one of those guys, but rarely does one fully develop that talent. Even fewer develop it and remain an idiot.

Brandon494
07-30-2010, 04:21 PM

"So, I'm a carrot?"

Bullshit. It's there. I see it, he sees it, even Dan saw it. Man up and THEN move on. It's a Dez thing - TAKE RESPONSIBILITY, then choose your words better next time. (What a wonderful opportunity to grow!)

I honestly believe it was a cheap purposeful slam. You ought to be ashamed of yourself instead of trying to pass it off as nothing.

I have no clue what your ethnicity is so how in the hell am I going to call you a racist? If I thought you were a racist I would have said so just like now I think your acting like a little punk bitch. You have no clue what you are talking about comparing him to Chris Henry. Besides them both being young, black, and playing the same position they have nothing to common. You clearly think just because Im black Im accusing you of being a racist yet if you didn't know I was black I guarntee you wouldn't have taken my comments that way. Your arguments were weak and your a cry baby when your wrong. BTW there is a huge difference in being judgmental and being racist. You sound almost as dumb as Glen Beck calling Obama a racist.

swede
07-30-2010, 04:33 PM
Let's search for common ground.

retailguy
07-30-2010, 04:38 PM

when he thinks you have to "know" someones ethnicity to know if they're racist, exactly what common ground can one seek? :huh:

gabe
07-30-2010, 05:39 PM
http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/09000d5d819675a3/article/cowboys-rookie-bryant-sprains-right-ankle-is-helped-off-field?module=HP_headlines

Looking like a sprained ankle....did we jinx him here guys?

Brando19
07-30-2010, 07:42 PM

"So, I'm a carrot?"

I have no clue what your ethnicity is so how in the hell am I going to call you a racist? If I thought you were a racist I would have said so just like now I think your acting like a little punk bitch. You have no clue what you are talking about comparing him to Chris Henry. Besides them both being young, black, and playing the same position they have nothing to common. You clearly think just because Im black Im accusing you of being a racist yet if you didn't know I was black I guarntee you wouldn't have taken my comments that way. Your arguments were weak and your a cry baby when your wrong. BTW there is a huge difference in being judgmental and being racist. You sound almost as dumb as Glen Beck calling Obama a racist.

How about the so called Rev. Jesse Jackson calling the Cavs owner a slave owner and a racist? It works both ways.

ThunderDan
07-30-2010, 08:04 PM

"So, I'm a carrot?"

Don't lump me there. I said I saw how it could be seen that way. I didn't see it that way and didn't find anything wrong with you trying to lump together 2 black, WR who have had off-field issues and Brandon calling you out on it.

ThunderDan
07-30-2010, 08:09 PM

"So, I'm a carrot?"

How about the so called Rev. Jesse Jackson calling the Cavs owner a slave owner and a racist? It works both ways.

Yes, Rev Jackson sounded dumb when he said that. That doesn't make him a racist and Glen Beck calling Obama a racist doesn't make him a racist either. The both looked like uninformed idiots plan and simple.

MJZiggy
07-30-2010, 08:33 PM

"So, I'm a carrot?"

Hahahahahahaha! What a moron.

twoseven
07-30-2010, 08:52 PM
i am more interested in what would happen if justin harrel asked a rookie to carry his helmet, or maybe his back brace.

Brando19
07-30-2010, 08:57 PM

"So, I'm a carrot?"

Yes, Rev Jackson sounded dumb when he said that. That doesn't make him a racist and Glen Beck calling Obama a racist doesn't make him a racist either. The both looked like uninformed idiots plan and simple.

Agreed!

HowardRoark
07-30-2010, 09:02 PM

http://www.audiomicro.com/free-kfan-sports-talk-radio-sound-clips-how-bout-a-beer-download-712505

get louder at lambeau
07-30-2010, 10:38 PM
So Dez sprained his ankle. Possible high ankle sprain, out for 4-6 weeks.

I guess karma must be even more racist than retailguy. :rs:

swede
07-30-2010, 11:00 PM
So Dez sprained his ankle. Possible high ankle sprain, out for 4-6 weeks.

I guess karma must be even more racist than retailguy. :rs:

Karma?

Nahh, man. Karma's a bitch.

Brandon494
07-31-2010, 12:35 PM

Yea that was just as dumb, that had nothing to do with race.