PDA

View Full Version : TO joins Ochocinco with the Bengals

Badgerinmaine
07-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Terrell Owens has agreed to terms on a one-year contract with the Cincinnati Bengals, putting him in the same receiving corps as Chad Ochocinco:
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100727/SPT02/307270108/Source-T-O-is-a-Bengal
Ochocinco sounds happy as a clam. Let's see how long that lasts...This could get very interesting.

Tony Oday
07-27-2010, 07:19 PM
That could be a damn good WR corp with those two...little long in the tooth but can still move the coverage.

gbgary
07-27-2010, 08:56 PM
that's quite a collection of miscreants the bengals are puting together.

Fritz
07-27-2010, 09:26 PM
Is Albert Haynesworth next?

Badgerinmaine
07-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Nobody knows how to assemble miscreants quite like the Bengals. :-)

pbmax
07-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Nobody knows how to assemble miscreants quite like the Bengals. :-)
The Jets still have time.

Guiness
07-28-2010, 06:16 PM
I guess he's officially lost the 'elite' tag now. It could've been argued last year, but he's now not even the #1 WR on his team.

I guess the only team he could've went to and still got been the #1 would've been the Jaguars. Maybe Oakland? I don't know what they've got outside of DHB.

MJZiggy
07-28-2010, 06:41 PM
That may be more ego than one football field can handle on a daily basis. This could get interesting... :)

Joemailman
07-28-2010, 07:17 PM
The Bengals also signed Antonio Bryant to a big contract this offseason. Bryant didn't do much in 2009, but had a big season in 2008. This will be interesting to watch.

Brando19
07-28-2010, 07:38 PM
I guess he's officially lost the 'elite' tag now. It could've been argued last year, but he's now not even the #1 WR on his team.

I guess the only team he could've went to and still got been the #1 would've been the Jaguars. Maybe Oakland? I don't know what they've got outside of DHB.

DHB? Didn't he have one catch last year? That dude's a joke. They screwed up by not taking Crabtree. Owens and Ochocinco makes sense. I think they'll be a very fun team to watch this year.

DonHutson
07-28-2010, 08:15 PM
Well, that couldn't possibly go wrong...

:roll:

I'd feel bad for Carson Palmer, except I think he actually asked for it.

Joemailman
07-28-2010, 08:42 PM
http://thesportsreportgirl.com/Blog%20Pics%20after%2010-14/chad-ocho-cinco%20Sombrero.jpg

Maybe Chad will buy sombreros for Bryant and T.O> and you'll have:

http://www.fancast.com/blogs/wp-content/post_images/032408-threeamigos.jpg

NewsBruin
07-28-2010, 10:39 PM
It would have happened sooner, but the club was concerned with Owens' lack of a felony record.

Gunakor
07-29-2010, 03:51 AM

Damola Adeniji
Shaun Bodiford
Yamon Figurs
Jacoby Ford
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Johnnie Lee Higgins
Jonathan Holland
Paul Hubbard
Nick Miller
Louis Murphy
Chaz Schilens
Todd Watkins

It's not a pretty picture in Oakland.

Fritz
07-29-2010, 08:59 AM
I actually get a kick out of ol' Ocho Cinco. He's kind of funny and doesn't seem to take himself too too seriously. Not saying he's my hero, but he seems kinda good humored.

ThunderDan
07-29-2010, 10:51 AM
This just in:

TO misses his flight to Cincinnatti (well I guess its really Kentucky anyway) and won't report until later today or tomorrow morning. Either way he will report to camp late.

packerbacker1234
07-29-2010, 03:21 PM
He could, arguably, been elite. Did you see the team he was on last year? Did you see the QB situation with two different starters who BOTH sucked it up? I mean, the fact he almost got 1,000 yards on a team that bad with that poor of QB play is amazing.

retailguy
07-29-2010, 03:24 PM
He could, arguably, been elite. Did you see the team he was on last year? Did you see the QB situation with two different starters who BOTH sucked it up? I mean, the fact he almost got 1,000 yards on a team that bad with that poor of QB play is amazing.

He probably could have had 2,000 yards receiving if he had been in Minnesota last season. :wink:

Brandon494
07-29-2010, 05:02 PM

Not to mention their coach fired the OC right before the season started.

packerbacker1234
07-30-2010, 06:50 PM

Not to mention their coach fired the OC right before the season started.

yeah. I am not saying at his age he hasn't lost a step, but you can watch his highlights last year - looked like the same T.O. on the field as I have always seen, a great WR. He just had to deal with some HORRIBLE QB play, along with a franchise that is sort of stagnant and not getting better. Through all that, T.O. also shut his mouth, which was a big shocker.

THe guy can play, just like Driver can still play. The question is if he is elite or not - we'll see this season. Carson Palmer is arguably the best QB he has had since McNabb (yes, I am not a believer in Tony Romo).