PDA

View Full Version : Always looking for more revenue at Lambeau

CaliforniaCheez
07-28-2010, 12:41 AM
A week before Family Night Lambeau will be in use.

http://www.wkowtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12861765

The Green Bay Packers today announced details for the first annual Packers Movie Night, at 7:30 p.m., July 31, in Lambeau Field.

The event, free to the public, begins with music and giveaways at 4:30 p.m. in the Tundra Tailgate Zone and then moves into Lambeau Field with gates opening at 6:45. The north end zone will be used for seating and can be accessed through the Miller Lite Gate, Verizon Wireless Gate and Oneida Nation Gate. Concessions will be open with a selection of movie-theatre fare.

A fireworks show will conclude the evening. Attendees coming to the movie will receive a free giveaway item as well.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is the future. Lambeau being used for many things.

Do you think it is good thing, is it the begining of a "slippery slope", or is it something for the railbirds who come into town for training camp?

I think it is a gimmick to suck more money out of those showing up for training camp. For out of town people it is a big deal to get inside Lambeau.

Lurker64
07-28-2010, 01:56 AM
I can't say I approve of their choice of film.

pbmax
07-28-2010, 09:34 AM
That will help the visiting fans come up with fun signs to hold in Lambeau.

Fritz
07-28-2010, 11:10 AM
This would be a good idea if every movie was a classic Packers' game. Show the best of the best over the years.

DonHutson
07-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Eight real games, two preseason games, and a scrimmage. The place is sitting there empty the other 354 days a year (hopefully a couple less with some playoff games), so why not? They built a place that people like to visit.