PDA

View Full Version : McCarthy News Conference Notes

rbaloha1
07-30-2010, 04:22 PM
Coach Mike McCarthy will be facing the media in a few minutes. We'll bring you any news that comes out of it:

* Aleric Mullins has decided to move on from football.
* Three players did not pass physicals. Al Harris, Atari Bigby and James Starks.
* Harris is still ahead of schedule. Starks has same hamstring from the off-season.
* It's now a possibility Harris could play Week 1.
* McCarthy said with Bigby, it was just them seeing him for the first time. Turns out the ankle problem from two years ago is still a problem and McCarthy's "concerned."
* I hope Johnny (Jolly) definitely plays again. But he has a personal issue he's dealing with.
* LB John Russell was waived to get the team to 80. Active PUP counts against the roster.
* McCarthy said tackling will be a point of emphasis.
* Excited to see Ryan Pickett out in pads and learning DE. Is in the best shape in McCarthy's time with the Packers.
* Justin Harrell is full-go. No restrictions. "It's an important camp for Justin. He knows that. We know that."
* "On paper this may be the best team we've assembled in my time here."
* Spencer Havner (scapula) took a while to heal but he'll be full go.
* T.J. Lang will have a brace on his wrist but he's a full participant.

rbaloha1
07-30-2010, 04:25 PM
AB is a PUP candidate.

Brandon494
07-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Good to hear about Harris, I didn't think it was any chance he would be ready for the start of the season. Hopefully Starks hamstring will heal soon, I think he was a steal for us in the 6th round. true 3rd down back which is something really need to take our offense to the next level.

Joemailman
07-30-2010, 05:06 PM
Bigby has had an interesting offseason. He doesn't sign his tender until the last minute, and then shows up with a bad ankle. The Packers can't be very happy with him right now. It now appears Burnett will open training camp as the #1 SS, and Bigby is going to have to take it away from him. Not sure if he can.

retailguy
07-30-2010, 06:06 PM
Bigby has had an interesting offseason. He doesn't sign his tender until the last minute, and then shows up with a bad ankle. The Packers can't be very happy with him right now. It now appears Burnett will open training camp as the #1 SS, and Bigby is going to have to take it away from him. Not sure if he can.f

I hope not. Wouldn't it be great if he got waived in the final cutdown?

CaliforniaCheez
07-30-2010, 06:23 PM
No video of the press conference is yet posted at Packers.com.

1) It sounds like Bigby will never get back to his old self. He has had an ankle problem for 2 years and 2 years of treatment haven't done anything.

2) Al Harris needs to be protected from himself so no relapses happen.

3) I sure hope coach McCarthy is sincere when he says tackling will be emphasized.

RashanGary
07-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Bigby probably should have gotten that ankle cleaned up. What a retard.

Iron Mike
07-30-2010, 08:02 PM

http://www.replikultes.net/medias/uploads/films/rasta_rockett/rasta_rockett_18_freins.jpg

'Sup, foo'?

Joemailman
07-30-2010, 08:48 PM
Transcript of MM's PC today.
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Mike-McCarthy-Press-Conference-Transcript---July-30/cedec46b-6602-43fc-b2e1-d67d5816cc7a

get louder at lambeau
07-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Bigby has had an interesting offseason. He doesn't sign his tender until the last minute, and then shows up with a bad ankle. The Packers can't be very happy with him right now. It now appears Burnett will open training camp as the #1 SS, and Bigby is going to have to take it away from him. Not sure if he can.f

I hope not. Wouldn't it be great if he got waived in the final cutdown?

That would be like, SO great! Like OMG! I loved it when we had no depth at safety last year. That was the bestest. :hug:

PlantPage55
07-30-2010, 11:59 PM
* "On paper this may be the best team we've assembled in my time here."

I believe it.

And in my opinion, our team has just looked better and better every year, on paper, from the day TT was hired.

Scott Campbell
07-31-2010, 12:23 AM
* Excited to see Ryan Pickett out in pads and learning DE. Is in the best shape in McCarthy's time with the Packers.

He's only 35 lbs. overweight this year.

Scott Campbell
07-31-2010, 12:24 AM
* It's now a possibility Harris could play Week 1.

C'mon Al! Prove me wrong!

Brandon494
07-31-2010, 12:30 PM

http://www.replikultes.net/medias/uploads/films/rasta_rockett/rasta_rockett_18_freins.jpg

'Sup, foo'?

:lol: