PDA

View Full Version : Favre NOT coming back?

imscott72
08-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Brett Favre began telling Vikings officials last night he will NOT return for a 20th season. I'm told Favre has said his ankle has simply not responded and that is why he won't be back.

http://www.rotoinfo.com/comments-latestfromTwitter-36489.html

:shock: :shock:

packers04
08-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Interesting...

packers11
08-03-2010, 09:55 AM
hes convincing everyone hes not coming back then late August he will be back... ESPN didn't have him on the new for 2 days - he got lonely , he had to make some news somehow...

imscott72
08-03-2010, 09:59 AM
all over Twitter and Sportscenter now. I think this is for real. I don't want to jinx us, but man, doesn't this totally gift wrap the division for us?

pbmax
08-03-2010, 10:01 AM
all over Twitter and Sportscenter now. I think this is for real. I don't want to jinx us, but man, doesn't this totally gift wrap the division for us?
Way to jinx us. Nothing could make Martz/Cutler successful, but you may have just done it. Either that, or he is just teasing everyone.

imscott72
08-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Twitter stuff

Favre has told teammates he will NOT play, citing wear and tear on his body. Team is hoping he'll change his mind

I'm told Favre has said his ankle has simply not responded and that is why he won't be back

imscott72
08-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Way to jinx us. Nothing could make Martz/Cutler successful, but you may have just done it. Either that, or he is just teasing everyone.

Well I did my "anti-jinx" chant before I posted that so we're good.. :)

pbmax
08-03-2010, 10:02 AM

Well I did my "anti-jinx" chant before I posted that so we're good.. :)
Just remember to throw salt before you next sit down to eat.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-03-2010, 10:05 AM

No it wouldn't. Nothing is a given and the Viking are still a very good team. But they would be a lot eaier to game plan for though. The bears could surprise people to, thats why we play the games.

That being said I still think he will say he is coming back in three weeks from now. The guy just doesn't know what he wants.

Fritz
08-03-2010, 10:12 AM
There is no such thing as a gift wrap, for anyone in sports.

As for Favre, well, we'll see.

packers11
08-03-2010, 10:13 AM
unreal... now my sportscenter is ruined all day... guess I gotta watch something else on T.V. on my day off...

MOBB DEEP
08-03-2010, 10:14 AM
ITS OVER!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

pro sports are pretty much over as a matter of fact

MOBB DEEP
08-03-2010, 10:17 AM

i mean TOTALLY

should def get 1st round bye too imo

hoosier
08-03-2010, 10:21 AM
I predict that, by the time the third pre-season game rolls around, Favre will begin talking about re-un-retiring. His ankle not responding is just as likely as anything a way of getting out of preseason games.

bobblehead
08-03-2010, 10:28 AM
I predict that, by the time the third pre-season game rolls around, Favre will begin talking about re-un-retiring. His ankle not responding is just as likely as anything a way of getting out of preseason games.

Hoosier and I finding common ground :shock: Even last year he said he was not coming back at the beginning of camp, then 2 a days were over and he found a second wind.

On the other side of the coin, he may realize that its unlikely to beat us twice again. Seriously, can he hope to have any better of a season than last year?

MOBB DEEP
08-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Chilly has to be SO sick right about now

I saw Shiancoe at the golds i go to about 3 weeks ago and didnt even ask his opinion b/c i jus KNEW the hick was coming back! Him, Harvin, Rice, Berrian ALL vomiting rt now lol

MadScientist
08-03-2010, 10:30 AM
About this time last year his shoulder wasn't healed well enough so he was going to stay retired. The ankle will have a remarkable improvement in a month. :roll:

MOBB DEEP
08-03-2010, 10:30 AM

Hoosier and I finding common ground :shock: Even last year he said he was not coming back at the beginning of camp, then 2 a days were over and he found a second wind.

On the other side of the coin, he may realize that its unlikely to beat us twice again. Seriously, can he hope to have any better of a season than last year?

hmmmm.....

Zool
08-03-2010, 10:39 AM
http://www.nataliedee.com/062308/look-at-me-im-ruining-the-joke-guys.jpg

denverYooper
08-03-2010, 10:40 AM

I won't believe it until the season starts and that salty old dog isn't there.

imscott72
08-03-2010, 10:40 AM
I wonder if they approach him about missing the first half of the season then returning for the 2nd half?

KYPack
08-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Like most, I'll believe it when I believe it.

Is this the future?

TJack?

Jackson is 10-10 in his career as a starter and 10-9 in the regular season. Last year he saw action in eight games in relief of Favre and completed 14 of 21 passes for 201 yards with one touchdown.

(I kin dig it.)

Cheesehead Craig
08-03-2010, 10:58 AM
I'll never forget where I was when Favre retired for the 3rd time.

pbmax
08-03-2010, 11:00 AM
I wonder if they approach him about missing the first half of the season then returning for the 2nd half?
The Roger Clemens approach?

packerbacker1234
08-03-2010, 11:02 AM
I think this is one of those "that is what he is thinking right now" situations, but he can still change his mind. Presumably, the vikings brass are talking (according to reports) about freeing up more money to offer favre a bigger deal this year, upwards of possibly 18 million, trying to entice him with the money (as if favre needs it, but it's worth a try for the vikings).

He also has made no official announcement, and some teammates are apparently optimistic that there is still enough time left for him to change his mind again. Thing is, if he was deadset on this is it, he would of went public with it himself (been on camera), sounds like he hasn't done that because he may change his mind.

And like I said, this is a "believe it when you see it" moment. There is still what, 2 months for #4 to lace it up for week 1? He has plenty of time to change his mind.

Zool
08-03-2010, 11:07 AM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/11/17/633625182452685302-Indecision.jpg

Tony Oday
08-03-2010, 11:17 AM
If he comes back for the money he will destroy what is left of his legacy.

swede
08-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Bobble and Hoosier are right. I say Favre comes back in week 4 after the Vikings start 1-3. He still wants to be sweet-talked.

The consecutive starts steak is over, though.

HarveyWallbangers
08-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Vikings are rumored to be offering a huge salary increase. He'll be back. He can't help himself.

pbmax
08-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Chilldress at his PC said he was not aware the Favre had made a decision. Assuming Brad isn't dissembling, Favre has pulled another one over them. You would think that a reporter would begin to take this personally at some point. Even the Wisconsin guys got tired of being snubbed.

imscott72
08-03-2010, 11:41 AM

Yea..Couldn't he realistically be placed on the PUP and return for week 7?

KYPack
08-03-2010, 11:47 AM
BF made virtually the same announcement last year on July 29, citing the surgery he had then as the reason for his "retirement".

Hold your ponies, everybody.

mngolf19
08-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Even if Favre believes it true right now, I won't believe he's gone until the season is over and he hasn't played. Honestly, the Vikes would take him back with 2 weeks left in the season.

mission
This announcement actually makes me think *more* that he's coming back to play this season.

No way would he come back just ho hum without any excitement. Gives him a chance to make more money, get begged back, be the savior on the white horse... you guys know the drill.

Plus, as always, it gives him an out if he doesn't play well when he does come back. That dang ankle, it just didn't hold up -- has nothing to do with him not preparing at all for football in league known as a game of inches.

All of this fits his M.O. perfectly... I'm surprised at the media running with this retirement so hard. Atlanta radio is already talking about how this is going to make it so much easier to make the playoffs. They're also saying we're probably the favorites in all the NFC.

swede

Yea..Couldn't he realistically be placed on the PUP and return for week 7?

Yes, but then Bus Cook couldn't answer the purple Bradphone in the Favre's study when it rings after the Viking's third loss--to the Lions at home--in week three and tell Brett to get dressed; Zyg is sending a plane, a bag of money, and a hologram message informing Brett that he is their only hope.

Freak Out
What wolf?

hoosier
08-03-2010, 11:52 AM

Since when did reality or even probability begin to play a role in Favre's decision making process?

hoosier
08-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Bobble and Hoosier are right. I say Favre comes back in week 4 after the Vikings start 1-3. He still wants to be sweet-talked.

I was predicting a comeback after preseason game #3. I don't think Favre would allow his consecutive game streak to lapse if he were still planning on coming back.

Cheesehead Craig
08-03-2010, 11:56 AM

I was predicting a comeback after preseason game #3. I don't think Favre would allow his consecutive game streak to lapse if he were still planning on coming back.
Don't call it a comeback, he's been here for years!

swede
08-03-2010, 12:02 PM
From Twitter: Sources close to the swallows have tweeted that Capistrano still expects them to return before the season begins, despite Collin Cowbird reports to the contrary.

red
08-03-2010, 12:02 PM
whoa

deja vu

twoseven
08-03-2010, 12:07 PM
BF made virtually the same announcemant last year on July 29, citing the surgery he had then as the reason for his "retirement".

Hold your ponies, everybody.+1, Dianna re-upped her membership at their Lifetime Fitness, that's my story and i'm sticking to it.

meanwhile merry xmas to PFT.com, ESPN, and NFL Network for another couple weeks.

Freak Out
08-03-2010, 12:08 PM
He'll be back.....I just got a tweet from a trusted goat herder that Favre is now undergoing a intense Kefir colonic and his ankle should be fine in a week or three.

red
08-03-2010, 12:10 PM
maybe he's just trying to get the vikings to release him so he can go to chicago?

packers11
08-03-2010, 12:11 PM
maybe he's just trying to get the vikings to release him so he can go to chicago?

:lol:

retailguy
08-03-2010, 12:13 PM
BF made virtually the same announcemant last year on July 29, citing the surgery he had then as the reason for his "retirement".

Hold your ponies, everybody.+1, Dianna re-upped her membership at their Lifetime Fitness, that's my story and i'm sticking to it.

meanwhile merry xmas to PFT.com, ESPN, and NFL Network for another couple weeks.

All of this is just to set up a second season of Sears commercials.

C'mon people! Don't fall for this. He'll be in New Orleans on Sept 9th, with a purple uni on and a football in his hands.

AND - We'll watch brand new commercials from Hundyai and Sears.

OS PA
08-03-2010, 12:13 PM
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/trd/1878518032.html

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bossman641
08-03-2010, 12:21 PM
ITS OVER!

I agree. I will never watch another sporting event ever again.

Fritz
08-03-2010, 12:21 PM
He wants Brad to want him.

He needs Zygi to need him.

He'd love Rice to love him.

He'd beg AP to beg him.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Late August he will be back. He feels bad everyone just assumes he is coming back and are not asking him over and over. So he is like ok I'll show you guys, "I'm retiring." He craves the attention.

Weeks one: Favre vs Brees

get louder at lambeau
08-03-2010, 12:26 PM
whoa

deja vu

...all over again.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-03-2010, 12:26 PM
I want him to come back anyways. I would rather Rodgers beat Favre and win the division with him on the Vikes. Plus I have tickets to the vikings/packers game lol.

imscott72
08-03-2010, 12:28 PM
LOL

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2009/4thandfour.htm

Zool
08-03-2010, 12:34 PM

He'd beg AP to beg him.

Shine up the football cleats, put on a brand new 4
I'll get off the tractor and throw a ball around if you say that you love me

DannoMac21
08-03-2010, 12:38 PM
MOBB DEEP on suicide watch.

This is beautiful. Enjoy the ride, Vikings fans!

Fritz
08-03-2010, 12:46 PM

He'd beg AP to beg him.

Shine up the football cleats, put on a brand new 4
I'll get off the tractor and throw a ball around if you say that you love me

By golly we need to get this filmed and onto Youtube, pronto!

Tony Oday
08-03-2010, 12:47 PM
This is what you get when you sign a Diva.

vince
08-03-2010, 01:02 PM
The Vikings are preparing to get on their knees and slurp away.

Vikings I'm now hearing are prepared to do whatever they need, including giving more $$ and more time, to get Favre to reconsider
I'm not sure it's possible to be any more pathetic of an organization. Little wonder the megalomaniac chose them to make a mockery of.

imscott72
08-03-2010, 01:18 PM

Vikings I'm now hearing are prepared to do whatever they need, including giving more $$ and more time, to get Favre to reconsider
I'm not sure it's possible to be any more pathetic of an organization. Little wonder the megalomaniac chose them to make a mockery of.

Yea, gotta love watching the Vikings go into full desperation mode.

mission
08-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Actually my money is on him coming back right after the NO game. They knew how to get after him last year and he won't want to be banged up for the whole season ... it'd be a mockery if he somehow came back midway through the season just to sell some tickets and fall short again -- almost WWF-storyline-like.

bobblehead
08-03-2010, 01:30 PM

Baby, Please come back. You can keep a girlfriend on the side. I'll still be home doing your laundry and cooking your meals. PLEASE don't leave me, I NEED YOU!!!!

Nothing like battered wife syndrome circa NFL.

bobblehead
08-03-2010, 01:33 PM

Is it if he is retired?

red
08-03-2010, 01:39 PM
guess the queens aren't as comfortable with their backup qb's as some of the talking heads on espn are

cheesner
08-03-2010, 01:41 PM
BF made the decision and he didn't tell Chilly or Viking brass already? This can't be true. Can't imagine BF being insensitive and so self adsorbed that he wouldn't closely work with management, communicating the situation clearly so that his team can prepare adequately for the season.

I still think there is a 90% chance that he plays this season. As others have said, he said the same thing last year.

I can't believe someone beat me to the 'he wants to go to Chicago' bit. Nice job Red!

vince
08-03-2010, 01:44 PM
BF made the decision and he didn't tell Chilly or Viking brass already? This can't be true. Can't imagine BF being insensitive and so self adsorbed that he wouldn't closely work with management, communicating the situation clearly so that his team can prepare adequately for the season.!
:lol: I'm not saying he won't "change his mind" again, but that's a good one. :lol:

packers11
08-03-2010, 02:07 PM
pft.com

Let's see what the rest of the NFL had to say about the sport's longest running and highest-rated soap opera.

1. Most Vikings teammates said they hadn't heard from Favre. Jared Allen revealing pleaded the fifth, but did say, "I still hope we see him in a couple of weeks. But the sun is going to rise tomorrow and we're going to have football whether Brett Favre shows up or not."

2. Vikings tight end Visanthe Shiancoe on SportsCenter: "I'd be lying if I didn't tell you it wasn't a blow to hear something like that. I feel like it may give us a little setback to our team. But it's not nothing that we can't overcome."

3. Unnamed Jets player: "That's , stringing them along this far."

4. Rex Ryan: "If he's not playing in Week 5, I'll be happy as heck."

[b]5. Best pal, Packers G.M. Ted Thompson: :lol:"I haven't thought of it. To tell you the truth somebody mentioned it to me out on the practice field, and I don't know anything about it."

6. Packers safety Nick Collins: "You know Brett is Brett. We'll see. Time will tell."

7. Packers linebacker Nick Barnett: "We're going to have the same goal whether it's Tarvaris [Jackson], Jeffrey Dahmer or Norman Bates quarterbacking. We're still trying to do the same thing."

8. Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher when told Favre wasn't coming back: "Not coming back to training camp?" :lol:

9. Former teammate Dorsey Levens: "I'll be very surprised if he walks away."

10. Mike Shanahan, Keyshawn Johnson, and just about everyone else: "I'll believe it when I see it."

Packers4Ever
08-03-2010, 02:26 PM

I very much doubt it, he'd lose his 'consecutive starts' for the 2010 season

and I don't think he wants to give that one up.

But then again...........

Packers4Ever
08-03-2010, 02:29 PM

And.........??? :wink:

mission
08-03-2010, 02:32 PM

And.........??? :wink:

it's been just as ridiculous every time.

imscott72
08-03-2010, 02:49 PM

I don't think the streak matters anymore. If he could pull the Roger Clemens trick and play half a year, and take half the beating, on a potential Superbowl team, I think he'd do it.

gbgary
08-03-2010, 03:00 PM
ding dong the witch is dead.

is it official?

gbgary
08-03-2010, 03:02 PM
10. Mike Shanahan, Keyshawn Johnson, and just about everyone else: "I'll believe it when I see it."

you can't believe it then either.

Packers4Ever
08-03-2010, 03:11 PM

I don't think the streak matters anymore. If he could pull the Roger Clemens trick and play half a year, and take half the beating, on a potential Superbowl team, I think he'd do it.

I don't know, IMS, I've always learned the 'streak' was about the most important stat Brett has ~ and I don't think Peyton or Brady are close behind him....? ? On the other hand, Brett's pushing 41, maybe it doesn't mean as much as it did..

MOBB DEEP
08-03-2010, 03:35 PM
his boy longwell said he spoke to favre TODAY and "got no indication" that he is retiring

BANANAS

MOBB DEEP
08-03-2010, 03:38 PM

Don't call it a comeback, he's been here for years!

hahahahahaha

MOBB DEEP
08-03-2010, 03:42 PM
ITS OVER!

I agree. I will never watch another sporting event ever again.

:wink:

woodbuck27
08-03-2010, 03:43 PM

Do you really believe he'll come back just for the $13 Million$. I don't think it will be about money. That man has to be filthy rich. He doesn't have any vices. Doesn't even drink beer.

Now will he stay retired? He'll watch the vikings first two pre-season games and really determine his position based on factors he'll have already determined. It's just a wait and see situation again.

GO Pack GO !

mission
08-03-2010, 03:49 PM

Do you really believe he'll come back just for the $13 Million$. I don't think it will be about money. That man has to be filthy rich. He doesn't have any vices. Doesn't even drink beer.

Now will he stay retired? He'll watch the vikings first two pre-season games and really determine his position based on factors he'll have already determined. It's just a wait and see situation again.

GO Pack GO !

Glad you could join us for the Packer discussion, 'Buck!

twoseven
08-03-2010, 03:51 PM
his boy longwell said he spoke to favre TODAY and "got no indication" that he is retiring

BANANASi have yet to see even a single teammate identified and confirmed as having received the 'i am done' texts. those seemed to have vanished as Ron Wolf once said like a fart in the wind. i think #4 is sitting back and loving the mess he may or may not have created again, and again, and again. or the fucker is in Sears still looking at TVs.

packers11
08-03-2010, 04:03 PM
A "family source" tells the Biloxi (MS) Sun Herald that Brett Favre has not decided whether to play football in 2010.

The report comes from the Herald's Al Jones, who often breaks the most crucial Favre news. "Brett has not made a commitment to play or a decision to return at this point," said the source, presumably a close family member. Meanwhile, rumors continue to circulate that Favre is making a power play for more money. Favre's former Packers teammate LeRoy Butler told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that he recently heard Favre wanted a new three-year contract from the Vikings worth $13 million annually. If Butler's story is true, Favre not only wants to play in 2010. He wants to play in 2012 and 2013, too.

Source: Biloxi Sun Herald

Suppose the world does come to an end in 2012... What will Favre do?!?!?

SkinBasket
08-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Fool me once shame on you. Foll me twice, or five, or twelve times... well, shame on me.

Zool
08-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Hey Skin, wheres that pic of Favre holding his junk

KYPack
08-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Fool me once shame on you. Foll me twice, or five, or twelve times... well, shame on me.

Yeah, Skin.

Shame on you, but not for this Favre thing, just shame in general.

When you look at it, he's rewinding the whole saga from last year. He's slinging the ball all over the place to high school kids. His arm looks OK and he can move pretty good. No way he's quitting when he can still play at the high level.

Then, he says he's hanging it up. The whole planet jumps on this and the media sharks feed. Now, when he comes back, everybody welcomes him with open arms and the boys are glad to see him back. He's avoided camp and gets what he wants. No camp and a bunch of glory.

He's a Huck Finn forever and always gets what he wants. I don't hate him, but man, am I sick of his goofy, hillbilly act.

Brandon494
08-03-2010, 04:34 PM
I can't believe some of you actually believe this, you know damn well #4 will be playing next season.

red
08-03-2010, 04:35 PM
at least all the drama is happening to someone else these days

MadScientist
08-03-2010, 04:37 PM
The end is supposed to be in December, so we'll know way before then if he is playing. Perhaps these legends were just MOBB time traveling and saying that the world ends in 2012 because Favre retires.

MOBB DEEP
08-03-2010, 05:06 PM
The end is supposed to be in December, so we'll know way before then if he is playing. Perhaps these legends were just MOBB time traveling and saying that the world ends in 2012 because Favre retires.

hilarious

LP
08-03-2010, 05:08 PM
A "family source" tells the Biloxi (MS) Sun Herald that Brett Favre has not decided whether to play football in 2010.

The report comes from the Herald's Al Jones, who often breaks the most crucial Favre news. "Brett has not made a commitment to play or a decision to return at this point," said the source, presumably a close family member. Meanwhile, rumors continue to circulate that Favre is making a power play for more money. Favre's former Packers teammate LeRoy Butler told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that he recently heard Favre wanted a new three-year contract from the Vikings worth $13 million annually. If Butler's story is true, Favre not only wants to play in 2010. He wants to play in 2012 and 2013, too.

Depends on how badly the world wants him to play that game and how much it will beg him.

MOBB DEEP
08-03-2010, 05:14 PM

BANANASi have yet to see even a single teammate identified and confirmed as having received the 'i am done' texts. those seemed to have vanished as Ron Wolf once said like a fart in the wind. i think #4 is sitting back and loving the mess he may or may not have created again, and again, and again. or the fucker is in Sears still looking at TVs.

hill (billy) arious II

i just heard collinsworth say that he "came off the best season Ive ever seen him play, he beat the GB Packers and TT twice playn for the hated rival minny vikes. so he accomplished alot...and maybe that was enough!"

is he THAT petty?

He frickn REPESENTED against Dallas (truly phenomenal to say the least!)..lets not forget that..and he was BALLN against N.O. despite turnovers

pbmax
08-03-2010, 05:14 PM

Baby, Please come back. You can keep a girlfriend on the side. I'll still be home doing your laundry and cooking your meals. PLEASE don't leave me, I NEED YOU!!!!

Nothing like battered WILF syndrome circa NFL.

Fixed.

pbmax
08-03-2010, 05:17 PM
This thread is like Packer Rats posters greatest hits. If Ziggy, Bretsky and Patler show up, we can call quorum and elect a Hall of Fame.

I'm voting Tank/Anti Polar Bear first ballot. Then tex.

MOBB DEEP
08-03-2010, 05:18 PM

Yeah, Skin.

Shame on you, but not for this Favre thing, just shame in general.

When you look at it, he's rewinding the whole saga from last year. He's slinging the ball all over the place to high school kids. His arm looks OK and he can move pretty good. No way he's quitting when he can still play at the high level.

Then, he says he's hanging it up. The whole planet jumps on this and the media sharks feed. Now, when he comes back, everybody welcomes him with open arms and the boys are glad to see him back. He's avoided camp and gets what he wants. No camp and a bunch of glory.

He's a Huck Finn forever and always gets what he wants. I don't hate him, but man, am I sick of his goofy, hillbilly act.

QFT

redic how he yo-yo's the world

where they do that at? (ebonics for "who does that in good conscience?") lol

MOBB DEEP
08-03-2010, 05:21 PM
This thread is like Packer Rats posters greatest hits. If Ziggy, Bretsky and Patler show up, we can call quorum and elect a Hall of Fame.

I'm voting Tank/Anti Polar Bear first ballot. Then tex.

hehehehe...good observation...i goptta do some work for the job so i will see how things pan out this eve

God Bless ppl

Joemailman
08-03-2010, 05:47 PM

Favre will show up on ESPN dressed as a Mayan Chieftain and say, "You thought it was over? Well it ain't over 'till I say it's over."

digitaldean
08-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Favre over the last several years has played this back and forth crap, so I will believe it when I see it.

I honestly think the BS meter is blowing up right now and ol' Bert is milking this again like he usually does.

I'd say it's 80/20 he'll be back. I'd LOVE to be wrong, because that gives the Packers a better shot at winning the division and going deeper in the playoffs. Yes, I detest Favre's divaness, but he makes the Queens light years better.

Lurker64
08-03-2010, 06:00 PM
I think I'll only believe it once he unretires, and then retires again without playing a regular season game.

Get on it Brett!

gbgary
08-03-2010, 06:44 PM
ya know...old brett waiting this long to retire (if true) makes it tough for the vikes to find another qb. it'll be rosenfells (sp), jackson, or some guy who gets cut.

hey...old brett isn't so bad after all...he f'ked the vikes in the end so all is right with the world.

falco
08-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Let the games begin! :lol:

DonHutson
08-03-2010, 08:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7NHCy13ZLk

RashanGary
08-03-2010, 08:45 PM
blah

pbmax
08-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Did you ever wish partial was around for just one thread?

In a way, Brett's name in the news just demonstrates how enticing it is for a media organization to pump any story about an athlete who has crossed over the entire country like he has. Look at Google's trends or Yahoo! searches and see the kind of traffic he is driving. For a story that stands a good chance of being a true non-story, he is on the front page of Google News and si.com.

In a way, it explains the entire focus on certain stars even in game broadcasts. Its the semi-unfortunate side effect of a sport's, then an individual's, success.

falco
08-03-2010, 09:26 PM

how long has he been gone now? as I much as he annoyed me, I miss that kid.

ND72
08-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Bert pretty much gets what he wants though, or at least his management crew does. FSPN is at it again, giving an entire station just to Bert Farce...FavreSPN LOVES this stuff. Just stupid....I still say he plays, but who knows. I hope every game the team they play gives up just 1, 15 yard unnecessary roughness penalty and dive-bomb his ankle.

Brando19
08-03-2010, 10:04 PM

how long has he been gone now? as I much as he annoyed me, I miss that kid.

Me too...maybe would should start a bring Partial back thread?

MJZiggy
08-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Or not. Put me down for I'll believe it in October. With the caveat that should whoevertheygettoreplacehisfavreness go down with an injury, Chilly's on his knees all the way down to Kiln and back.

Brando19
08-03-2010, 10:09 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Trenches/entry/view/73371/mariucci_brett_favre_hasnt_made_decision_yet

Apparantly Favre told Mariucci he has no idea where this breaking news came from and he's still deciding. Ahhhhh, Brett....you will be a soap opera star in your next life...hell...maybe even this one.

pbmax
08-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Look at how adult we are all being. Two Brett threads on the front page and no one is freaking out. Nice. Come back Bretsky!

In other Brett news:

Florio names Shiancoe as one player who has admitted getting the "ankle tells me I'm done" text while Jared Allen pleads the fifth.

Brett has not talked to Chilldress. I never would have pictured him in this position when I was yelling at him as OC of the Badgers offense.

Mooch, as you read above and someone in Biloxi named Jones is walking the story back.

Glazer says the Vikes are willing to up the contract.

Florio points out that Favre not only holds most of the cards in the Vikings playoff success sweepstakes, but he holds some serious leverage in the "will the Vikings get a new stadium" question. Our Viking friends Rastak and mngolf and I am forgetting someone else may have to flesh out the details, but essentially, if the Vikes hope to use short term popularity to seal a deal rather than sell to Los Angeles, they need Brett.

This is fun, now that its happening to someone else. Sorry Ras, mngolf, et al.

packerbacker1234
08-04-2010, 12:58 AM
The texts, however, weren't even conclusive. IT appears, as more gets revealed, it was just him talking to a few teammates letting them know that tha nkle isn't well, but not that he has actually "given up". As reports have come in, Brett is very much still working on his rehab to come back.

HarveyWallbangers
08-04-2010, 01:30 AM
Of course, he is.

twoseven
08-04-2010, 04:13 AM
Look at how adult we are all being. Two Brett threads on the front page and no one is freaking out. Nice. Come back Bretsky!

In other Brett news:

Florio names Shiancoe as one player who has admitted getting the "ankle tells me I'm done" text while Jared Allen pleads the fifth.

Brett has not talked to Chilldress. I never would have pictured him in this position when I was yelling at him as OC of the Badgers offense.

Mooch, as you read above and someone in Biloxi named Jones is walking the story back.

Florio points out that Favre not only holds most of the cards in the Vikings playoff success sweepstakes, but he holds some serious leverage in the "will the Vikings get a new stadium" question. Our Viking friends Rastak and mngolf and I am forgetting someone else may have to flesh out the details, but essentially, if the Vikes hope to use short term popularity to seal a deal rather than sell to Los Angeles, they need Brett.

This is fun, now that its happening to someone else. Sorry Ras, mngolf, et al.you can add adrian peterson to the short list of players who at least received a text in the last few days, AP comfirmed they exchanged at least texts and possibley a phone convo. during local media coverage on the news, AP refused to say exactly when asked at camp what was exchanged between the two. but as he was commenting about the fact that they did exchange words looked and sounded like something was bothering him, and he barely made any f-ing sense as he was rambling on to reporters about how he personally tries to handle other teammates' business. it was my opinion just watching and listening to AP that the news he received from favre did not make him very happy.

now the vikings have upped their ante to 16 mil plus incentives. he could have asked for more time and more money and gotten it without this drama, if it turns out that these are the things he may be after in this latest turn of events.

MJZiggy
08-04-2010, 06:49 AM
If he's after more money, put me down as the one who called that Favre would not be able to deal with a lowly rookie making as much as he did. Just check whatshisname's thread.

$13 million's not enough. I knew this would be entertaining when we got down to the meat of it...

Fritz
08-04-2010, 09:54 AM
This comment made me like Nick Barnett as a person:

"We're going to have the same goal whether it's Tarvaris (Jackson), Jeffrey Dahmer or Norman Bates quarterbacking."

He went the serial killer route. Hilarious.

As for Brent, my therapist said something I loved last night. She said, "You know, there is a certain elegance and class to knowing when it's time to give something up."

MOBB DEEP
08-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Now he tells Ed Werder, who's down in Miss. at the highschoolers practice this morn, that he never sent text and that he will play if healthy

bananas!

MOBB DEEP
08-04-2010, 11:13 AM

"We're going to have the same goal whether it's Tarvaris (Jackson), Jeffrey Dahmer or Norman Bates quarterbacking."
"

sorry Fritz,

Being from Milwaukee and knowing family members of a Dahmer victim solidified my thoughts that NB is pretty much a weirdo!

:x :x

pbmax
08-04-2010, 11:14 AM

He went the serial killer route. Hilarious.
Unfortunately that's because a police forensics squad was need to bag the pieces of the Packers after he dismantled them last season.

As to Zig's comment about his salary, he has a case for being underpaid. But he is making it like a Grandmother withholding your XMas presents until you write her back.

Pugger
08-04-2010, 11:16 AM

In other Brett news:

This is fun, now that its happening to someone else. Sorry Ras, mngolf, et al.you can add adrian peterson to the short list of players who at least received a text in the last few days, AP comfirmed they exchanged at least texts and possibley a phone convo. during local media coverage on the news, AP refused to say exactly when asked at camp what was exchanged between the two. but as he was commenting about the fact that they did exchange words looked and sounded like something was bothering him, and he barely made any f-ing sense as he was rambling on to reporters about how he personally tries to handle other teammates' business. it was my opinion just watching and listening to AP that the news he received from favre did not make him very happy.

now the vikings have upped their ante to 16 mil plus incentives. he could have asked for more time and more money and gotten it without this drama, if it turns out that these are the things he may be after in this latest turn of events.

Grandpa has MN by the cajones so he sends texts to teammates hinting at retirement knowing full well it will be all over the news like wildfire, with BSPN leading the way. Now there is news MN is sweetening the deal. Coincidence? Not likely. That screwd piece of work has played the retirement card like a violin for years to get what he wants. Thank GOD he is the Heidi Hairs' problem now and NOT ours!! 8-)

RashanGary
08-04-2010, 11:16 AM
I didn't mind having Bert on the field. Shit, he was a good player, although too inconsistent and erratic for my taste.

The thing about him that got under my skin while he was here is what a manipulative, lying dirt ball he was and how oblivious people were to it.

No matter what happens, the best thing to come of this situation is that 70% of Packer fans will remember Bert the way he deserves to be remembered. He's a selfish, dishonest fraud of a teammate and person in general that was really good at football for a really long time. That's his legacy.

Good thing we still have Bart Starr to admire.

Pugger
08-04-2010, 11:28 AM
I didn't mind having Bert on the field. Shit, he was a good player, although too inconsistent and erratic for my taste.

The thing about him that got under my skin while he was here is what a manipulative, lying dirt ball he was and how oblivious people were to it.

No matter what happens, the best thing to come of this situation is that 70% of Packer fans will remember Bert the way he deserves to be remembered. He's a selfish, dishonest fraud of a teammate and person in general that was really good at football for a really long time. That's his legacy.

Good thing we still have Bart Starr to admire.

And Aaron Rodgers. :)

Zool
08-04-2010, 11:31 AM
http://deadspin.com/5603701/brett-favre-once-sent-me-cock-shots-not-a-love-story

RashanGary
08-04-2010, 11:39 AM
http://deadspin.com/5603701/brett-favre-once-sent-me-cock-shots-not-a-love-story

hahahahaha. . . I really hope this is true.

mngolf19
08-04-2010, 12:42 PM

Yea, gotta love watching the Vikings go into full desperation mode.

I don't think I'd call it desperate or pathetic. You have any idea how much money he made the Vikes org last year?

mngolf19
08-04-2010, 12:45 PM
pft.com

Let's see what the rest of the NFL had to say about the sport's longest running and highest-rated soap opera.

1. Most Vikings teammates said they hadn't heard from Favre. Jared Allen revealing pleaded the fifth, but did say, "I still hope we see him in a couple of weeks. But the sun is going to rise tomorrow and we're going to have football whether Brett Favre shows up or not."

2. Vikings tight end Visanthe Shiancoe on SportsCenter: "I'd be lying if I didn't tell you it wasn't a blow to hear something like that. I feel like it may give us a little setback to our team. But it's not nothing that we can't overcome."

3. Unnamed Jets player: "That's , stringing them along this far."

4. Rex Ryan: "If he's not playing in Week 5, I'll be happy as heck."

[b]5. Best pal, Packers G.M. Ted Thompson: :lol:"I haven't thought of it. To tell you the truth somebody mentioned it to me out on the practice field, and I don't know anything about it."

6. Packers safety Nick Collins: "You know Brett is Brett. We'll see. Time will tell."

7. Packers linebacker Nick Barnett: "We're going to have the same goal whether it's Tarvaris [Jackson], Jeffrey Dahmer or Norman Bates quarterbacking. We're still trying to do the same thing."

8. Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher when told Favre wasn't coming back: "Not coming back to training camp?" :lol:

9. Former teammate Dorsey Levens: "I'll be very surprised if he walks away."

Actually Dahmer and Bates would create great side stories to the game and lots more to watch for if your a Packers player on defense.

mngolf19
08-04-2010, 12:50 PM

In other Brett news:

I don't think they'll be selling or moving to LA but the rest is true. He generates a ton of positive pub for the org which can only help get a new stadium. And he made them tons of money last year.

LP
08-04-2010, 01:21 PM

In other Brett news:

I don't think they'll be selling or moving to LA but the rest is true. He generates a ton of positive pub for the org which can only help get a new stadium. And he made them tons of money last year.

Really? I can't see how an organization that allows itself to be manipulated this way by one person could be seen as a positive candidate for public largess.

SMACKTALKIE
08-04-2010, 01:32 PM

In other Brett news:

Really? I can't see how an organization that allows itself to be manipulated this way by one person could be seen as a positive candidate for public largess.

The money they bring to the state in both taxes and local business makes them positive candidates for public largess.

How they go about getting a first ballot HOFer under center for the season is not.

And how do you know they are being manipulated? Maybe this is all part of the plan. It was last year.

Cheesehead Craig
08-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Favre brings excitement to the Vikings and Ziggy and Co. can use that emotion to convince the legislature to give them a new stadium. The Vikes absolutely need him to get a new stadium. They have made zero headway prior to him going to MN. Now they can at least talk about it. They need a pro-stadium governor however to have a real chance.

SMACKTALKIE
08-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Favre brings excitement to the Vikings and Ziggy and Co. can use that emotion to convince the legislature to give them a new stadium. The Vikes absolutely need him to get a new stadium. They have made zero headway prior to him going to MN. Now they can at least talk about it. They need a pro-stadium governor however to have a real chance.

You are correct on some accounts and not on others.

Favre will help, but is not absolutely needed. They are talking in terms of a 40 year lease and Favre could only play ten of those tops :wink:

Wilf has actually made alot of headway since he bought the team. Especially considering the mess he had to clean up from McCombs. The momentum was really building........... then the 35W bridge collapsed and all talk was put on the backburner. The Legislature has finally expressed an interest in getting this done, and for the first time recently said it will do so despite any budget short falls.

This will come down to the Governors race.

ThunderDan
08-04-2010, 01:45 PM

In other Brett news:

The money they bring to the state in both taxes and local business makes them positive candidates for public largess.

How they go about getting a first ballot HOFer under center for the season is not.

And how do you know they are being manipulated? Maybe this is all part of the plan. It was last year.

You know what the best part of this thread is. It had to be an ex-Packer that brought MINN to the forefront.

Couldn't do it on their own. Not with Chris Carter, AP, Jared Allen. Couldn't sell out games. Almost couldn't sell out a playoff game in 2008. Couldn't bring back Fran the Man, the Purple People Eaters to get a stadium from the legislature. It is all because of BF. :lol: :cry: :oops:

Scott Campbell
08-04-2010, 01:45 PM

Favre will help, but is not absolutely needed. They are talking in terms of a 40 year lease and Favre could only play ten of those tops :wink:

Wilf has actually made alot of headway since he bought the team. Especially considering the mess he had to clean up from McCombs. The momentum was really building........... then the 35W bridge collapsed and all talk was put on the backburner. The Legislature has finally expressed an interest in getting this done, and for the first time recently said it will do so despite any budget short falls.

How do you know Zygi isn't already neck deep in negotiations with LA?

SMACKTALKIE
08-04-2010, 01:50 PM

In other Brett news:

You know what the best part of this thread is. It had to be an ex-Packer that brought MINN to the forefront.

Couldn't do it on their own. Not with Chris Carter, AP, Jared Allen. Couldn't sell out games. Almost couldn't sell out a playoff game in 2008. Couldn't bring back Fran the Man, the Purple People Eaters to get a stadium from the legislature. It is all because of BF. :lol: :cry: :oops:

299 consecutive sellouts?! :? That Favre is quite the fella. Whoever let him go must be an idiot if he can do that much.

pbmax
08-04-2010, 01:51 PM

In other Brett news:

That doesn't require very much imagination. While he was here, the fan base was far more forgiving of his "quirks". And a 14-2 season will engender a lot of good will.

Very few people on this board openly complained about his faults when he was 12-4, 12-4, 10-6 and 10-6 earlier this decade. And in three of those (if not four) we had retirement talk. And Sherman had to call to check up on him and make treks down to see him in Miss.

SMACKTALKIE
08-04-2010, 01:52 PM

They (Rorski) have approached, but Wilf said he has turned down any communication with them.

cheesner
08-04-2010, 01:56 PM

The plot thickens.

Here is my theory: Brett retired. He found out the story above was coming out. Brett decided he would rather return to the NFL and get pummelled by 320lb DLs rather than face Deanna.

pbmax
08-04-2010, 01:58 PM
299 consecutive sellouts?! :? That Favre is quite the fella. Whoever let him go must be an idiot if he can do that much.
Well, sellouts are not a very good measure of intensity of interest. The team and TV stations have a vested interest in making sure those tickets get sold no matter how many deals they have to cut, what price they need to slash them to or whether they need to pick up the tab themselves.

I think its more telling that prior to the recent run, there are plenty of tickets available and a visible percentage of empty seats at the less attractive games. That's not to say they are floundering like the Jaguars, but I would guess 299 sellouts is mediocre compared to other franchises.

It would be more telling to know what number of fans actually attended the game. but teams rarely release the turnstile count.

ThunderDan
08-04-2010, 02:00 PM

In other Brett news:

I am sorry but when the FOX affiliate has to buy out the last tickets to avoid a blackout it can hardly be called a sell out. When the Vikings make people purchase a preseason game ticket if they want a GB-Minn ticket in the dome during the regular season it just shows how weak the team is. Those are facts. Try to manipulated however you want.

My son who is 3 is like 75,000 on the wait list for season Packer tickets. He should be up when he is in his mid-40s to get them. Hmmm.....

packers11
08-04-2010, 02:01 PM

Holy shit... Imagine if this is true... Time will tell

Little Whiskey
08-04-2010, 02:11 PM
looks like some espn reporter went paperazzi on favre, now he is saying he'll play if healthy and never sent those text messages to Vishanco (however you spell his name)

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/99842424.html

Little Whiskey
08-04-2010, 02:13 PM
there is a video of the run in with reporter and favre on 620WTMJ.com

kinda funny.

at the end the guy asks favre to "call me tonight"

on a side note, when i first tried to click on the video, i got a story about a donkey parasaling.

Scott Campbell
08-04-2010, 02:26 PM

Holy shit... Imagine if this is true... Time will tell

Hopefully Woody can look at the pictures and tell us if it really is his wiener. Why are Viking QB's compelled to do that?

This might help explain why his ankle isn't healing properly. Sure Bert.

Fritz
08-04-2010, 03:01 PM
Holy smokes. If there is anything to that Deadspin story, Bert better keep playing and sleep in the locker room, too. Cuz if he ever goes home Deanna's going to make sure any pictures of his dong will show that it is no longer attached to the rest of his body.

Lurker64
08-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Holy smokes. If there is anything to that Deadspin story, Bert better keep playing and sleep in the locker room, too. Cuz if he ever goes home Deanna's going to make sure any pictures of his dong will show that it is no longer attached to the rest of his body.

Deanna reupped her membership to Lifetime fitness so she could kick Brett's ass.

hoosier
08-04-2010, 03:15 PM
looks like some espn reporter went paperazzi on favre, now he is saying he'll play if healthy and never sent those text messages to Vishanco (however you spell his name)

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/99842424.html

Yes, but did he send Visanthe Shiancoe any of those "croc" shots?

Fritz
08-04-2010, 03:30 PM
I heard Favre has a big croc. And I've heard he has TWO crocs.

LP
08-04-2010, 03:39 PM

In other Brett news:

That doesn't require very much imagination. While he was here, the fan base was far more forgiving of his "quirks". And a 14-2 season will engender a lot of good will.

Very few people on this board openly complained about his faults when he was 12-4, 12-4, 10-6 and 10-6 earlier this decade. And in three of those (if not four) we had retirement talk. And Sherman had to call to check up on him and make treks down to see him in Miss.

It's nothing to do with his quirks. I just don't see how , as an organization, the Vikings can whine that they need the public to build them a new stadium while allowing one player to shake them down for several million dollars. One player who won't be around to play in it. Doesn't make sense to me.

Of course, when the political types see how easy it is to get money from the team, they will be lined up with support in one hand and the other hand out. But, I digress.

Cheesehead Craig
08-04-2010, 04:00 PM

In other Brett news:

It's nothing to do with his quirks. I just don't see how , as an organization, the Vikings can whine that they need the public to build them a new stadium while allowing one player to shake them down for several million dollars. One player who won't be around to play in it. Doesn't make sense to me.

Of course, when the political types see how easy it is to get money from the team, they will be lined up with support in one hand and the other hand out. But, I digress.

The Metrodome is dump, an absolute dump. Anything that can help the Vikes get out of it they will use.

SMACKTALKIE
08-04-2010, 04:00 PM

In other Brett news:

The need a stadium that generates better revenue. They need a stadium to play 10 games a year in. The other 355 days it can be used by the state........ just like the Metrodome. Thus the need for public support. And despite this 10:355 ratio, Wilf is willing to pony up 30 to 40 percent of the cost in personal, liquid wealth. All of this on top of the massive amounts of money he has thrown at the players and coaches on the Vikings.

Pretty sweet deal for Minnesota.

MadScientist
08-04-2010, 04:01 PM

Deanna reupped her membership to Lifetime fitness so she could kick Brett's ass.
Great, now he's going to hightail it to MN, otherwise the pictures will be the only thing he has to remember his dong.

When I first heard this on PFT, I thought it might just be some ho looking for attention/$$, but the story, with some confirmation on the voice mails, makes it sound like Bert has gone back to his horn-dog ways.

Cheesehead Craig
08-04-2010, 04:09 PM
The need a stadium that generates better revenue. They need a stadium to play 10 games a year in. The other 355 days it can be used by the state........ just like the Metrodome. Thus the need for public support. And despite this 10:355 ratio, Wilf is willing to pony up 30 to 40 percent of the cost in personal, liquid wealth. All of this on top of the massive amounts of money he has thrown at the players and coaches on the Vikings.

I hadn't heard that part, I always thought that part of his contribution was going to come from PSLs and naming right. Where did you get that from? Just curious.

SMACKTALKIE
08-04-2010, 04:16 PM

I hadn't heard that part, I always thought that part of his contribution was going to come from PSLs and naming right. Where did you get that from? Just curious.

Honestly too many sources to name. A combination of Startrib, WCCO television and radio I guess. It's a situation I follow closely so it a combination of many sources.

Scott Campbell
08-04-2010, 05:27 PM

They (Rorski) have approached, but Wilf said he has turned down any communication with them.

Which of course is what he has to say publicly. And it's what he will say, right up to the point where they're ready to announce a deal.

Scott Campbell
08-04-2010, 05:31 PM

Pants on the ground, pants on the ground........taking pictures with your cell, with your pants on the ground.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/TNMzWKn3OCE/0.jpg

Scott Campbell
08-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Nice legacy Bert:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31751_162-20012685-10391697.html

SMACKTALKIE
08-04-2010, 05:46 PM

Which of course is what he has to say publicly. And it's what he will say, right up to the point where they're ready to announce a deal.

If you say so. I guess you are a public relations consultant? When was the last time you had a conversation with Wilf?

Scott Campbell
08-04-2010, 05:52 PM

If you say so. I guess you are a public relations consultant? When was the last time you had a conversation with Wilf?

The same time you did.

You have no evidence that he's working harder on a deal to stay in MN. For all you know the deal to leave could be done already, and they're waiting for the right time to announce it.

They might stay. They might not.

MJZiggy
08-04-2010, 05:56 PM

The same time you did.

You have no evidence that he's working harder on a deal to stay in MN. For all you know the deal to leave could be done already, and they're waiting for the right time to announce it.

Never forget the Colts. Never forget the Browns. It can happen. And suddenly.

SMACKTALKIE
08-04-2010, 06:00 PM

The same time you did.

For all you know he may build his own open-air stadium. And there is evidence of him working on a deal in Minnesota, many meetings with politicians and speaches/meetings at the Minneapolis Dunkers Club, a personal appearance in front of the Legislature, none in LA. Therefore you could argue he is working harder on a deal for Minnesota.

Scott Campbell
08-04-2010, 06:01 PM

The same time you did.

Never forget the Colts. Never forget the Browns. It can happen. And suddenly.

And it certainly won't come with any pre announcements. If it happens.

There is no doubt that they are very vulnerable. And that feeling should not go away until there's a new lease and stadium signed sealed and delivered.

MJZiggy
08-04-2010, 06:06 PM

The plot thickens.

Here is my theory: Brett retired. He found out the story above was coming out. Brett decided he would rather return to the NFL and get pummelled by 320lb DLs rather than face Deanna.

In all the stadium talk I forgot I wanted to respond to this.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!

falco
08-04-2010, 07:00 PM
I am on my knees praying to the flying spaghetti monster that this is true.

RashanGary
08-04-2010, 07:02 PM
If this cock picture thing is true, I'm going to laugh my friggin ass off. Hopefully the same people who ripped the shit out of tigger give the same respect to Bert.

Scott Campbell
08-04-2010, 07:07 PM
I heard Favre has a big croc. And I've heard he has TWO crocs.

He is taking the whole Vikings’ purple helmets thing way too far.

Scott Campbell
08-04-2010, 07:09 PM

And you thought the bruising was bad after the Saints game.

Scott Campbell
08-04-2010, 07:11 PM
For all you know he may build his own open-air stadium. And there is evidence of him working on a deal in Minnesota, many meetings with politicians and speaches/meetings at the Minneapolis Dunkers Club, a personal appearance in front of the Legislature, none in LA. Therefore you could argue he is working harder on a deal for Minnesota.

Not at all. He's not going to publicly posture for a LA stadium while trying to sell tickets in MN. Any work on a LA deal would be done behind the scenes.

falco
08-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Any work on a LA deal

Speaking of LA deals, I think Favre is posturing to do some more work "behind the camera." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, just trying to mimic that SC humor. That was pitiful. :oops:

KYPack
08-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Yes, this is truly an "Old Home Week" thread.

Are the Rats swimming back to the ship?

Great to see all these fantastic posters rallying around the water cooler again.

Let's all get together and root the Green and Gold back to a championship!

All we need now is Skin to post a filthy pic of a man and a goat to recapture the PR magic.

Scott Campbell
08-04-2010, 07:15 PM
The jokes practically write themselves. :lol:

Scott Campbell
08-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Any work on a LA deal

Speaking of LA deals, I think Favre is posturing to do some more work "behind the camera." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tiger's advice - "better hide the 7 iron"

http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Tiger-Woods-beat-up-by-wife.JPG

falco
08-04-2010, 07:18 PM

Great to see all these fantastic posters rallying around the water cooler again.

All we need now is Skin to post a filthy pic of a man and a goat to recapture the PR magic.

My favorite pretentious rat is back! Just kidding KY. :D

gbgary
08-04-2010, 07:31 PM
being an egomaniac and attention whore isn't enough for him...now, after flirting with a jet's operative and being rejected, he decides to go all-in and send photos of himself masterbretting. he's a f'kn joke!

DannoMac21
08-04-2010, 07:43 PM
MOBB DEEP has been on his knees praying for the last 3 hours that these photos become public.

Scott Campbell
08-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Imagine what the conversation must be like tonight in the Favre household.

Scott Campbell
08-04-2010, 07:44 PM
MOBB DEEP has been on his knees praying for the last 3 hours that these photos become public.

So he can positively ID Bert?

Little Whiskey
08-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Any work on a LA deal

Tiger's advice - "better hide the 7 iron"

http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Tiger-Woods-beat-up-by-wife.JPG

it appears to be a 9 iron.

DannoMac21
08-04-2010, 08:08 PM

So he can positively ID Bert?

LMAO

KYPack
08-04-2010, 08:08 PM

My favorite pretentious rat is back! Just kidding KY. :D

Back at ya, Falco.

It is ironic in all the "word wars" at PR, that is the only comment that did truly piss me off.

I may be wrong, a goof, politcally incorrect, etc., but pretentious?

Nah.

Well, I must stay by my one credo... "If you can't hack it, get your jacket".

So I gotta give you credit for being the only poster that ever got under my skin.

Football is starting so let's all get back under the tent and fight for the Pack!

MOBB DEEP
08-04-2010, 08:13 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doesnt that babe have a lil younger deanna look to her?

They all look alike to me though

swede
08-04-2010, 08:13 PM
That Deadspin story has all the makings of a pubic relations nightmare.

Little Whiskey
08-04-2010, 08:14 PM

my first thought before reading the article was damn deanna's looking pretty good in the jets shirt. maybe he got confused and thought it was deanna.

falco
08-04-2010, 08:14 PM
So I gotta give you credit for being the only poster that ever got under my skin.

FWIW, I did apologize. I can't even remember what you said that provoked my comment. So I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

swede
08-04-2010, 08:24 PM

my first thought before reading the article was damn deanna's looking pretty good in the jets shirt. maybe he got confused and thought it was deanna.

Back when Brett got married and I saw my first pics of Deanna I was annoyed with Brett for hooking up with a NY fashion model. I thought he seemed more like the "marry your high school sweetheart" kind of guy.

Then I found out that the raven-haired beauty with the fashion model figure was actually his junior high sweetheart from back in Kiln. For fishing in the home pond she was quite a catch.

And yes, the alleged recipient of the photos DID look like a XXX cartoon version of Deanna.

DannoMac21
08-04-2010, 08:33 PM

Can't help but just give you e-knucks MOBB. Glad we're all laughing :D

But yeah, Favre definitely doesn't have bad taste with women...

MJZiggy
08-04-2010, 08:41 PM

Murphy's back?

KYPack
08-04-2010, 08:46 PM

FWIW, I did apologize. I can't even remember what you said that provoked my comment. So I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

Oh yeah, we are square, Falco.

This is PR, it's good when you can really piss somebody off.

That's hard to do with this sick and twisted bunch.

Scott Campbell
08-04-2010, 08:48 PM
The news isn't all bad for Favre fans. Say hello to the new pitch man for T-mobile!

http://www.vikingsgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/favre-drafed.jpg

Little Whiskey
08-04-2010, 08:51 PM

Murphy's back?

and nutz

Joemailman
08-04-2010, 08:51 PM

Great, now he's going to hightail it to MN, otherwise the pictures will be the only thing he has to remember his dong.

When I first heard this on PFT, I thought it might just be some ho looking for attention/$$, but the story, with some confirmation on the voice mails, makes it sound like Bert has gone back to his horn-dog ways.

What are the chances this story gets picked up by ESPN, NFL Network, or Sportingnews.com?

Scott Campbell
08-04-2010, 08:54 PM
What are the chances this story gets picked up by ESPN, NFL Network, or Sportingnews.com?

Not to mention Leno, Letterman, Fergeson and SNL.

Joemailman
08-04-2010, 08:57 PM
It's likely late night fodder, but I wonder if the mainstream sports media outlets will try to avoid it.

MJZiggy
08-04-2010, 09:09 PM
It's likely late night fodder, but I wonder if the mainstream sports media outlets will try to avoid it.

Nope. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31751_162-20012685-10391697.html

Fritz
08-04-2010, 09:15 PM
I wonder if any real evidence of this will come out. That would be ungood for Favre.

The conspiracy-theory part of me wonders if Favre's recent I'm-retiring-and-texting-people-no-I-didn't-text-anyone-I-might-come-back routine is a panicked attempt to overshadow the potential Jenn Sterger story.

But if any "hard" evidence comes out, Brett better not fall asleep without a cup securely fastened over all his private parts.

RashanGary
08-04-2010, 09:29 PM

I think the sports media will be respectful. If he didn't do this, it's horrible to have his name drug through the mud.

Once that girl gets in front of a camera, if she stands by that story, he's going to be in a lot of trouble. I would not be surprised if Bus Cook is on the phone with her right now offering her money to stay quiet on this.

Fritz
08-04-2010, 10:02 PM
If you were her, would you take it, if the accusations are indeed true?

hell, would you take it if they were not?

DannoMac21
08-04-2010, 10:47 PM
ESPN will be 3 weeks late on this...same as the Roethlisberger shit.

gbgary
08-04-2010, 11:22 PM

you got that right...

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/01/01/gal_sterger-4.jpg

Freak Out
08-05-2010, 01:33 AM
I can see Favre wanting to show her his Favre but not in a text message. The guy has done some stupid shit in his days but that would top them all.

Lurker64
08-05-2010, 02:35 AM

I think the sports media will be respectful. If he didn't do this, it's horrible to have his name drug through the mud.

Once that girl gets in front of a camera, if she stands by that story, he's going to be in a lot of trouble. I would not be surprised if Bus Cook is on the phone with her right now offering her money to stay quiet on this.

The sports media will likely ignore it, sure. Since they don't want to lose what little access to Favre they already have (and what will Ed Werder do at ESPN if not stalk Brett?), but I don't think the regular media has any incentive to leave him alone. If this gets big enough that mainstream non-sports media is reporting it, jimmy bar the door.

MJZiggy
08-05-2010, 06:28 AM

The sports media will likely ignore it, sure. Since they don't want to lose what little access to Favre they already have (and what will Ed Werder do at ESPN if not stalk Brett?), but I don't think the regular media has any incentive to leave him alone. If this gets big enough that mainstream non-sports media is reporting it, jimmy bar the door.

Little access??? Really???

RashanGary
08-05-2010, 07:27 AM
I can see Favre wanting to show her his Favre but not in a text message. The guy has done some stupid shit in his days but that would top them all.

That's kind of what I think. I could see him sending the weird voicemails. I can't picture him sending those types of pictures though. I'm not buying it, although a part of me would be glad because I don't think his fans know what he's about really. Some do and don't care, but there are a percentage that he's done a masterful job of pretending to be what they wanted him to be.

Fritz
08-05-2010, 07:33 AM
As for retiring, his most recent statements - he'll come back if he's healthy - suggest that he will find himself healthy in a few more weeks.

Scott Campbell
08-05-2010, 08:16 AM
It'll be interesting to see if this story develops. Now all we need is for some pornstars to start stepping forward with some Bert cockshots.

Cheesehead Craig
08-05-2010, 10:09 AM

Honestly too many sources to name. A combination of Startrib, WCCO television and radio I guess. It's a situation I follow closely so it a combination of many sources.

Zygi's been vague about where his funds are coming from and the last minute proposals don't mention PSLs or naming rights as far as where those dollars were going to go. I live in the Twin Cities and I haven't seen anything about Zygi's promise of personal, liquid funds being used.

vince
08-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Once a gunslinger, always a gunslinger.

HowardRoark
08-05-2010, 12:55 PM

Zygi's been vague about where his funds are coming from and the last minute proposals don't mention PSLs or naming rights as far as where those dollars were going to go. I live in the Twin Cities and I haven't seen anything about Zygi's promise of personal, liquid funds being used.

Zygi is all about the real estate development game. That is how he made his money. I think he was willing to throw a bunch of his own money at the project when it included the development around the stadium too……that one they were talking about up in Blaine/Anoka for instance.

woodbuck27
08-05-2010, 12:57 PM

Murphy's back?

and nutz

Good Ole Boy Packer Fans (Like Maritimers in Canada) most likely come back. :D

Welcome back Murph and Nutz. :D This is going to be some kinda season. The reality of that ' heated up ' today on the sports news up here. Brett Favre will be back. I've got that feeling.

Good advice:Don't bet any $ he won't. :idea:

GO PACK GO!

Freak Out
08-05-2010, 01:03 PM

Murphy's back?

and nutz

Welcome back Murph and Nutz. :D This is going to be some kinda season. The reality of that ' heated up ' today on the sports news up here. Brett Favre will be back. I've got that feeling.

GO PACK GO!

Now if we can just get Partial, Sheep, Harlan and Bigguns back.

LP
08-05-2010, 01:04 PM

If it is such a sweet deal, the state would have already gone for it. Polititions can always find the money if they want it bad enough.

On the other hand, if it's such a great deal, Ziggy shouldn't have any trouble getting private financing. Right?

Little Whiskey
08-05-2010, 01:21 PM

Murphy's back?

and nutz

GO PACK GO!

is harlan still on his self-imposed ban? or did he really get the boot.....or should i say croc. :D

Tony Oday
08-05-2010, 01:28 PM

If it is such a sweet deal, the state would have already gone for it. Polititions can always find the money if they want it bad enough.

On the other hand, if it's such a great deal, Ziggy shouldn't have any trouble getting private financing. Right?

They will get a new stadium after this season it will be announced in November.

woodbuck27
08-05-2010, 01:36 PM

Murphy's back?

and nutz

GO PACK GO!

Do we need Bigguns? I'm into small game or something easy to chew on. :D

woodbuck27
08-05-2010, 01:45 PM

Murphy's back?

and nutz

GO PACK GO!

is harlan still on his self-imposed ban? or did he really get the boot.....or should i say croc. :D

**Harlan is shacked up on some south seas island ..stranded without his BVD's with too many hungry women. Fried if not...cannabilized.

** Partial is away concentrating on the latest software puter course and being introduced to tequela.

**Sheep is psyched and looking for Jesus. He's back to the Bible.

**Bigguns has entered an Academy for learning self control somewhere in the Orient. Hde needs planefare back to the States to apply back to PackerRats and demonstrate his new founf life skills. He has the gold stars.

GO PACKERS!!

PlantPage55
08-05-2010, 01:51 PM

I think "losing their intimate access" would be better terminology.

woodbuck27
08-05-2010, 01:51 PM
FAVRE IS NOT COMING BACK.....

Uhhhhhh. Does a bear........ That's right! A little fairy told me today "that Favre will start the season for the Vikings behind their center in the rematch Vs the Saints. mmmmm I'm an Irish Canadian and I believe that fairy.

GO PACK GO !

green_bowl_packer
08-05-2010, 02:37 PM
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2010/08/photo-story-brett-favre-decision/

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/brett-favre-decision.jpg

Pugger
08-05-2010, 03:07 PM

How many of you saw Werder try to talk to #4 after "practice" with the high school kids yesterday? Usually Favre is all smiles and joking around but not that time! It was evident that Favre had no interest in talking to EW at all. His reluctant answers to Ed's questions were barely audible.

Little Whiskey
08-05-2010, 03:20 PM
and very short. brett usually talks on and on, never getting any closer to an answer. just keeps talking.

GBP, that was pretty good.

mission
08-05-2010, 04:33 PM
GBP, that was pretty good. Haha I got a kick out of all the facial expressions! They fit perfect.

Reminds me of this tweet:

Favre will be announcing his decision in a month long special on ESPN called "ESPN". (@sethmeyers21)

MJZiggy
08-05-2010, 05:47 PM

Spelling, people!!!

Scott Campbell
08-05-2010, 05:50 PM

Spelling, people!!!

Mind if I borrow a couple hundred million Zygi?

bobblehead
08-05-2010, 06:09 PM
GBP, that was pretty good. Haha I got a kick out of all the facial expressions! They fit perfect.

Reminds me of this tweet:

Favre will be announcing his decision in a month long special on ESPN called "ESPN". (@sethmeyers21)

Yep, I squirted milk up my nose on that one. The one without a caption with Lebron should read "what you talkin' about willis".

Fritz
08-05-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm a little surprised we're not hearing more about the Jen Sterger story. I suppose people are waiting for some physical evidence.

IF it is so that Favre sent pics of his man root to her, does that count as infidelity?

I would say yes.

Fosco33
08-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Many husbands/wives have that little rule of 'the list'. In googling Ms. Sterger, she'd make my cut - and I guess Favre makes my wife's cut.

She does have a striking resemblance to a younger, hotter Diana. Wonder how he explains this one to his daughters?

And let's not kid ourselves, while he was technically single for many years in GB, he was definitely out showing his root to any young tail from Madison to GB... with a long-time girlfriend and mother of his children at home.

Price to pay of marrying an egomaniac super-superstar?

Scott Campbell
08-05-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm a little surprised we're not hearing more about the Jen Sterger story. I suppose people are waiting for some physical evidence.

Like this?

http://edge.shop.com/ccimg.shop.com/230000/238200/238241/products/176831045__150x150__.jpg

MJZiggy
08-05-2010, 09:19 PM

I think "losing their intimate access" would be better terminology.

Sounds more to me like we're all gaining intimate access--some more than others.

mission
08-05-2010, 10:14 PM

Like this?

http://edge.shop.com/ccimg.shop.com/230000/238200/238241/products/176831045__150x150__.jpg

:lol: :lol:

get louder at lambeau
08-05-2010, 11:46 PM

Like this?

Those make me want to puke even without the rest of the creepy mental imagery.

Fritz
08-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Many husbands/wives have that little rule of 'the list'. In googling Ms. Sterger, she'd make my cut - and I guess Favre makes my wife's cut.

She does have a striking resemblance to a younger, hotter Diana. Wonder how he explains this one to his daughters?

And let's not kid ourselves, while he was technically single for many years in GB, he was definitely out showing his root to any young tail from Madison to GB... with a long-time girlfriend and mother of his children at home.

When Deanna was younger she was just as hot. Hell, she still is.

Nonetheless, Favre really seems to be more concerned with his image than he pretends, and if any evidence came out that the story is true, it would be a huge blow for a guy whose narrative has been that of the bildungsroman - the young buck who undergoes trials and tribulations (meaning that he's a young horn dog) but learns his lesson and discovers the meaning of true love and selflessness and all that.

He'd have to change the narrative to the old "I'm just human and I'm humbled and now I'll be better than ever." This was Tiger Woods's attempted narrative, but in order for it to succeed his wife would have to stay with him and he'd have to play better golf. A comeback's not a comeback unless you are victorious on the home front and the competetive front. A tall order.

HowardRoark
08-06-2010, 08:49 AM

When Deanna was younger she was just as hot. Hell, she still is.

Nonetheless, Favre really seems to be more concerned with his image than he pretends, and if any evidence came out that the story is true, it would be a huge blow for a guy whose narrative has been that of the bildungsroman - the young buck who undergoes trials and tribulations (meaning that he's a young horn dog) but learns his lesson and discovers the meaning of true love and selflessness and all that.

He'd have to change the narrative to the old "I'm just human and I'm humbled and now I'll be better than ever." This was Tiger Woods's attempted narrative, but in order for it to succeed his wife would have to stay with him and he'd have to play better golf. A comeback's not a comeback unless you are victorious on the home front and the competetive front. A tall order.

Maybe he could have a commercial with Irv talking in in stern tones in the background as he looks into the camera with an idiot look on his face.

Nice idea Nike.

Fritz
08-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Howard, I'm glad you're posting!

I like that we could come up with Favre's next career move if in fact the Sterger accusations turn out to be true.

Favre could make fun of himself in a commercial (as he did with the "indecision" Sears commercial) by having him walking down the street with Deanna. Favre sees a little hottie, starts staring, but he's got a shock dog collar thing on. Deanna hits a button on her remote, Favre gets shocked, and he looks away, ashamed.

Cut to Childress at practice watching Favre. Favre starts to wind up to make a stupid throw. Childress fumbles, trying to hit the shock button. Deanna reaches over to Chilly, and says "no, like this" and she pushes the button, long and hard.

But the play is over, long over, and Favre gets shocked while he's just standing there. He looks over, spreads his arms with that "hey what the f__" look he gives when he wants to blame his teammates for something. Deanna just smiles and Chilly says "Let me try now," and grabs for the remote.

End of commercial.

Little Whiskey
08-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Fritz, what is he selling?

dog obedience devices?

swede
08-06-2010, 09:23 AM

I like that we could come up with Favre's next career move if in fact the Sterger accusations turn out to be true.

Favre could make fun of himself in a commercial (as he did with the "indecision" Sears commercial) by having him walking down the street with Deanna. Favre sees a little hottie, starts staring, but he's got a shock dog collar thing on. Deanna hits a button on her remote, Favre gets shocked, and he looks away, ashamed.

Cut to Childress at practice watching Favre. Favre starts to wind up to make a stupid throw. Childress fumbles, trying to hit the shock button. Deanna reaches over to Chilly, and says "no, like this" and she pushes the button, long and hard.

But the play is over, long over, and Favre gets shocked while he's just standing there. He looks over, spreads his arms with that "hey what the f__" look he gives when he wants to blame his teammates for something. Deanna just smiles and Chilly says "Let me try now," and grabs for the remote.

End of commercial. :wave:

Fritz
08-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Fritz, what is he selling?

dog obedience devices?

The product is irrelevant in advertising.

Patler
08-06-2010, 11:54 AM

End of commercial.

...with Ted Thompson walking into the shot saying, "Can I try, too?"

Scott Campbell
08-06-2010, 12:46 PM

End of commercial. :wave:

I'll pay $20,000 to anyone who can find out what frequency he's on.

mission
08-06-2010, 12:53 PM

End of commercial.

Haha that's classic! Well done.

But yeah, you left me on edge -- what's the company and what are they marketing? I think the suspense is the best part here! :P

PetSmart?

AshleyMadison.com?

mraynrand
08-06-2010, 02:12 PM
Favre could be the next "Trojan Man." Or he could advertise for the $5 foot long at Subway (or the 6 incher, depending).

KYPack
08-07-2010, 08:02 AM
This is a little "off the thread", but I saw a funny one yesterday.

The sportswriter for the Atlanta paper came up with this...

"While pacing back and forth contemplating his retirement, Brett Favre accidentally passed the Washington Redskin fitness test."

Yuk, yuk, eh?

Fritz
08-07-2010, 11:16 AM

End of commercial.

Haha that's classic! Well done.

But yeah, you left me on edge -- what's the company and what are they marketing? I think the suspense is the best part here! :P

PetSmart?

AshleyMadison.com?

As I said, it doesn't matter. In advertising, the product is secondary to the emotion the ad produces. You then just link the emotion to the product.

But in this case, the most appropriate "product" might be a BDSM service. And if you could throw in Chilly crossdressing (we've seen that picture on this site!) you'd have it all there.

mraynrand
08-07-2010, 11:26 AM
As I said, it doesn't matter. In advertising, the product is secondary to the emotion the ad produces. You then just link the emotion to the product.

But in this case, the most appropriate "product" might be a BDSM service. And if you could throw in Chilly crossdressing (we've seen that picture on this site!) you'd have it all there.

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/Chillylegs.jpg

come back to us, Brent!

mraynrand
08-07-2010, 11:41 AM
I don't know what al the fuss is about. A good suggestive picture can win you elections after all...

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/FavreBrown.jpg

MJZiggy
08-07-2010, 05:18 PM
I don't know what al the fuss is about. A good suggestive picture can win you elections after all...

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/FavreBrown.jpg

Oh let's not do this to such a nice image...

woodbuck27
08-08-2010, 10:17 PM

End of commercial.

Great ad copy writing Fritz. Have you missed your calling. :D

woodbuck27
08-08-2010, 10:24 PM
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2010/08/photo-story-brett-favre-decision/

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/brett-favre-decision.jpg

Wow! Now there's some talent. :idea: You've got a big future awaiting you at Fox sports green_bowl_packer !

GO PACK GO !!