PDA

View Full Version : Family Night Scrimmage

Brando19
08-07-2010, 09:49 AM
When is it and what time? Does anyone have a link to a site showing the game? I love watching this every year.

SkinBasket
08-07-2010, 10:35 AM
I know it's listed at 6:30 Central and set to be broadcast on the local nbc (4) in milwaukee.

Brando19
08-07-2010, 11:16 AM
I know it's listed at 6:30 Central and set to be broadcast on the local nbc (4) in milwaukee.

THANKS! Perhaps Milwaukee's nbc channel has a site their broadcasting it on. I'll check soon.

mraynrand
08-07-2010, 11:22 AM
I see that NFLN has it Mon night at 8 Eastern. Perhaps Cleft Crusty will report following the rebroadcast. I have it on good authority that he is in the hospital and won't make the live event.

rbaloha1
08-07-2010, 11:45 AM
It would be nice if someone could provide an internet link.

get louder at lambeau
08-07-2010, 11:58 AM
I might have a link. I gotta check with the guy first to see if it's happening for sure.

get louder at lambeau
08-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Looks like fox11online should carry it-
http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/good_day_wi/web_watch/follow-2010-packers-family-night-presented-by-bellin-health-benefiting-wendys-wonderful-kids-online

rbaloha1
08-07-2010, 01:13 PM
http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/good_day_wi/web_watch/follow-2010-packers-family-night-presented-by-bellin-health-benefiting-wendys-wonderful-kids-online

You da man!

Brando19
08-07-2010, 02:56 PM

Thanks! I wasn't having any luck finding it.

Lurker64
08-07-2010, 03:31 PM
I wonder how hard it will be to find a stream of it, for those of us living outside of Wisconsin.

Joemailman
08-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Things I'll be looking for tonight:

Is Chillar really a threat to take the OLB position from Jones?
Can Desmond Bishop cover as well as he talks?
Who has the upper hand at nickel - Underwood or Lee?
Can Pickett and Raji provide any pressure on passing downs? What about Harrell?
Does Burnett know where he's supposed to be?
Who's winning the punting battle?
Can Porter or Shields show something in the kick return game?
How does Bulaga look?
Is the Jordy talk real or hype?

rbaloha1
08-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Video stream is currently working magnificently. Pre game stuff is interesting.

Tony Oday
08-07-2010, 07:59 PM
nice TD AR to JF!!!

gbgary
08-07-2010, 08:00 PM
rodgers is very sharp! finley, nelson, and jones with great catches.

TravisWilliams23
08-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Great link get louder, thanks.

Where's the running game?

Joemailman
08-07-2010, 08:06 PM
That actually wasn't bad coverage by Martin on the Finley TD. Just shows how tough a matchup Finley is.

gbgary
08-07-2010, 08:07 PM
chuck interview.

gbgary
08-07-2010, 08:17 PM
announcer..."there's jordy nelson going over plays with brett...er aaron rodgers."

:roll:

Tony Oday
08-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Crosby...miss 44 yards

gbgary
08-07-2010, 08:35 PM
dammit...injury

Brando19
08-07-2010, 08:37 PM
announcer..."there's jordy nelson going over plays with brett...er aaron rodgers."

:roll:

I noticed that, too.
Brett Swain shook up there a bit. He was out all year last season w/a knee injury.

Brando19
08-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Sam Shields with a Matt Flynn INT and a 98 yard return for a TD!!!!!

I'm really rooting for this kid to make the team. Nice play!

Tony Oday
08-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Hits both over 50!!! boom go Crosby!!!

Joemailman
Crosby right down the middle from 51. And 53. :shock:

gbgary
51 and 53 yarders....good

CaliforniaCheez
08-07-2010, 09:01 PM
I watched on WLUK online but there was way too much lag. I missed every other play.

I liked all the celebration but the scrimmage itself was disappointing due to the poor camera work and the lag. Scrimmage was very short and Johnnie Gray was tripping over his words.

Joemailman
08-07-2010, 09:32 PM
McCarthy said he was concerned about the health of the team, and it made for a mediocre scrimmage. Seemed like half the scrimmage was special teams.

The Leaper
08-07-2010, 10:16 PM

GET RID OF THE GUY...HE SUCKS ASS!!!

Lurker64
08-08-2010, 01:29 AM
Anybody else notice how Hawk looked aggressive and very good, while Bishop just got debacled in coverage, and didn't actually make any of his signature August plays?

I wonder if that will get the JSO to admit that maybe Hawk isn't garbage and maybe Bishop isn't Mr. Universe.

bobblehead
08-08-2010, 05:06 AM
Bedard made a comment over at the trash site: Where is AJ Hawk and what have you done with him.

I thought it was funny, but he was very impressed with AJ, and he is generally not.

Joemailman
08-08-2010, 07:58 AM
Anybody else notice how Hawk looked aggressive and very good, while Bishop just got debacled in coverage, and didn't actually make any of his signature August plays?

I wonder if that will get the JSO to admit that maybe Hawk isn't garbage and maybe Bishop isn't Mr. Universe.

Hawk played well which was great to see. However, I don't know that Hawk would have fared any better covering Finley than Bishop did. I actually thought Bishop's coverage on the 16 yard reception was pretty good. Finley against an ILB is a matchup the Packers will take anytime they can get it.

pbmax
08-08-2010, 09:09 AM
My area of concern: Tauscher. According to JSO (I only saw pieces of the game) he got driven back in Rodgers by Jones on a pass rush and Neal beat him on a 3rd and 1 run. Mark is not the player he used to be. After a rough start mid-season last year, he seemed to improve. But there is no injury excuse like there was last year.

I hope Lang or Giacomini are ready at RT this year. Because I am concerned Tausch is slowing down to the point of being a problem.

rbaloha1
08-08-2010, 12:12 PM

Hawk played well -- maybe less thinking and just playing. Very fluid to the ball.

Bishop was in good position but Finley is that good -- probably the majority of Packer opponents will be unable to cover Finley 1 on 1 regardless of position.

There are legitimate reasons Coach Capers elevated Bishop and demoted Hawk. Maybe the light finally goes on for Hawk.

Tony Oday
08-08-2010, 12:58 PM

he missed from 41...

Brando19
08-08-2010, 01:15 PM

he missed from 41...

And most of his kicks looked like they were going to be wide left. He's still got some correcting to do that's for sure. I'm always going to be very nervous when he goes to kick until he proves otherwise.

On another note, B-Jack looked AWESOME on kick returns. Hope he keeps that up.

mission
08-08-2010, 01:43 PM

he missed from 41...

And most of his kicks looked like they were going to be wide left. He's still got some correcting to do that's for sure. I'm always going to be very nervous when he goes to kick until he proves otherwise.

i thought i read somewhere that special teams was "no tackling"... how does that factor in (if at all)?

Patler
08-08-2010, 02:17 PM

he missed from 41...

Bedard called the hold from Bryan on the miss "questionable".
He noted both holders caused some difficulties, and that neither has experience.
He mentioned Bryan as having the most difficulty.
He quoted Crosby saying it was a little off, but they corrected it on the next one.

Article here:
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/100204339.html

Lurker64
08-08-2010, 02:21 PM

he missed from 41...

He noted both holders caused some difficulties, and that neither has experience.
He quoted Crosby saying it was a little off, but they corrected it on the next one.

Article here:

If both the prospective punters are having trouble with the hold, wouldn't it be reasonable to see if the backup quarterback can do the job better? I mean, what else is Matt Flynn going to do?

swede
08-08-2010, 02:35 PM

he missed from 41...

Article here:

If both the prospective punters are having trouble with the hold, wouldn't it be reasonable to see if the backup quarterback can do the job better? I mean, what else is Matt Flynn going to do?

Thank you.

My assumption has to be that McCarthy and Slocum like to keep the fake field goal quick punt trick play option available for the right situation.

Brando19
08-08-2010, 03:00 PM

he missed from 41...

i thought i read somewhere that special teams was "no tackling"... how does that factor in (if at all)?

On all kick off returns that I saw...you had to touch the runner for him to be down. BJack hit a hole and noone was near him, but they were running after him. So that is a big factor.

Patler
08-08-2010, 03:32 PM

Flynn has held in the past, but MM is adamant about wanting the punter to do it. He has said that the backup QB is off doing other things throughout practice and in games. The snapper, punter and kicker can hang out together, work together and develop a better routine, etc. Then, he gets mad when they miss.

I think MM & Slocum do everything except give the ST's their best chance to succeed. It's almost like a afterthought for them.

pbmax
08-08-2010, 05:08 PM

Flynn has held in the past, but MM is adamant about wanting the punter to do it. He has said that the backup QB is off doing other things throughout practice and in games. The snapper, punter and kicker can hang out together, work together and develop a better routine, etc. Then, he gets mad when they miss.

I think MM & Slocum do everything except give the ST's their best chance to succeed. It's almost like a afterthought for them.
They seem to stop short by one step each time. If you are committed to having a punter do it, then you should insist the GM provide someone with experience, even if its only college. If that cannot be done, time to change your approach.

Brandon494
08-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Or just sign a veteran QB to hold the snap. Also if Rodgers were to go down with an injury I don't like my chances with Fylnn.

MJZiggy
08-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Or just sign a veteran QB to hold the snap. Also if Rodgers were to go down with an injury I don't like my chances with Fylnn.

Is Flynn still hanging on to the #2 spot?

Brandon494
08-08-2010, 05:58 PM

I guess so, whos going to challenge him?

Brando19
08-08-2010, 07:46 PM

I guess so, whos going to challenge him?

I wish they'd bring in Jeff Garcia.

Brandon494
08-08-2010, 07:49 PM
I wish they'd bring in Jeff Garcia.

+1

pbmax
08-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Free Doug Pederson

red
08-08-2010, 09:00 PM
anyone watch this or go to it?

have we come out of it injury free?

Brando19
08-08-2010, 09:18 PM
anyone watch this or go to it?

have we come out of it injury free?

Not really...Jordy Nelson bruised his ribs or side or something catching a ball in traffic...he should be ok. Brett Swain tweaked his knee that he had surgery on and the severity isn't known. Clay Matthews pulled his hamstring so he'll be out of practice for a bit.

mission
08-08-2010, 09:31 PM
is there any way to watch this after the fact? any videos/torrents/sum'n?

was in a poker tournament and missed out... ive already declined playing this saturday's game!!

Brando19
08-08-2010, 09:40 PM

was in a poker tournament and missed out... ive already declined playing this saturday's game!!

I believe someone mentioned that NFL Network is replaying it tomorrow night.

mission
08-08-2010, 09:42 PM

thanks -- is it worth a trip to the inlaws (or sports bar maybe)??

Brando19
08-08-2010, 09:51 PM

Eh...I don't think so. The highlights were Finley, BJack's return, and AJ Hawk. I wouldn't make a special trip to watch it.

mission
08-08-2010, 09:56 PM
eh i should specify that the inlaws are about 5 mins away but it's still not my couch and i can barely figure out the basement remote. lol

plus i want to watch mike minor's mlb debut tomorrow night for the braves!

Lurker64
08-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Clay Matthews pulled his hamstring so he'll be out of practice for a bit.

The word is he "tweaked" it, not that he pulled it. My understanding is that's less severe. He'll probably miss a practice or two though.

red
08-08-2010, 10:08 PM

Eh...I don't think so. The highlights were Finley, BJack's return, and AJ Hawk. I wouldn't make a special trip to watch it.

what did hawk do?

Brandon494
08-08-2010, 10:11 PM

what did hawk do?

What he should have been doing since day one.

HarveyWallbangers
08-08-2010, 11:42 PM
what did hawk do?

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/100204344.html

Bishop has taken over Hawk's nickel linebacker spot - although they played together Saturday because Nick Barnett was held out - but what the coaches saw had to scare them a little. Granted it was Finley, a tight end few linebackers in the NFL can cover, beating Bishop, but it was a good test on how he'll play coverage.

Hawk, meanwhile, got off to a strong start playing in the nickel, sacking quarterback Matt Flynn for a 7-yard loss, dropping running back Quinn Porter for a 1-yard loss and playing solid coverage in four three-and-out series between the No. 1 defense and No. 2 offense.

Later in the 2-minute drill that pitted the No. 1 offense against the No. 1 defense, Hawk stopped a long drive in its tracks when on third and 1 at the 5-yard line, he shot through a gap without hesitation, took on fullback John Kuhn and dropped running back Ryan Grant for a 4-yard loss.

Tarlam!
08-09-2010, 04:59 AM
what did hawk do?

What he should have been doing since day one.

I think that's a little one-sided, Brandon494, or too simple.

Hawk has been a professional from day one, IMHO. He played in Vanilla Bob's scheme, then was switched to a 3-4 'backer role.

According to all press I read, he did what he was told to do in the first scheme. I vividly recall 'ol Bob stating Hawk's job was very unspectacular in the scheme, but he was fulfilling his expectations perfectly.

Capers expected far more and Hawk was demoted as a result.

Of course, expectations from fans and media are huge for a #5, but VB was very quick to point out Hawk had completely different assignments in the then Packer scheme compared to his college scheme.

That fact alone was destined to frustrate both player and other 3rd parties, even M3. It didn't frustrate Bob, who was his boss BTW.

Pugger
08-09-2010, 11:38 AM

Hawk played well -- maybe less thinking and just playing. Very fluid to the ball.

Bishop was in good position but Finley is that good -- probably the majority of Packer opponents will be unable to cover Finley 1 on 1 regardless of position.

There are legitimate reasons Coach Capers elevated Bishop and demoted Hawk. Maybe the light finally goes on for Hawk.

Someone on another forum who attended the scrimmage said Hawk looks lighter and faster. Did anyone else notice that?

Brandon494
08-09-2010, 02:02 PM

Someone on another forum who attended the scrimmage said Hawk looks lighter and faster. Did anyone else notice that?

A repeat of the game will be on the NFL network tonight at 8. I havent seen it yet so I'm excited to see the team play for the first time this year.

RashanGary
08-09-2010, 02:15 PM
My impression is that Hawk looks a little leaner too. He probably is on performance enhancers so he can get a big contract, then stop taking them after he gets his contract the way he did after he got drafted, haha ;)

red
08-09-2010, 05:25 PM
someone correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this the first time hawk has and the same d-cord and scheme for 2 straight years since college?

maybe he's finally comfortable in his role

Brandon494
08-09-2010, 05:26 PM
someone correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this the first time hawk has and the same d-cord and scheme for 2 straight years since college?

maybe he's finally comfortable in his role

Lets hope so but I wouldnt bet on it.