PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Nights Game - 8/14/10

ThunderDan
08-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Just wondering who else was going to the game on Saturday. I want to know if there is any interest in meeting up for a drink or two.

packers11
08-11-2010, 10:51 AM
by any chance... is there going to be any streaming link for those not in the WIS area?

channtheman
08-11-2010, 12:43 PM
I'm sure there is some sort of streaming of the game somewhere, but if you have NFL network they will reair the game the following Monday at 1 pacific time.

HowardRoark
08-11-2010, 02:36 PM
PGA all day, and then Packer game.....where you going to be?

ThunderDan
08-11-2010, 02:50 PM

Most likely at Stadium View.

Last year I played at Whistling Straights before the Packer/Browns preseason game. It was warm-up week for the PGA. The course was in the exact condition that it will be this week and Saturday pin positions.

ThunderDan
08-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Well .... I'll be the 6'4", 240 guy with a Packers hat and a HardRock Cafe - Phoenix shirt. Hope someone stops by to say hello.

mission
08-14-2010, 11:54 AM
I'll be at TJs for the Atlanta area guys... anyone going?

denverYooper
08-14-2010, 12:05 PM

Isn't that where Waldo hangs out?

falco
08-14-2010, 12:09 PM

speaking of Waldo...

http://www.consoleclassix.com/info_img/Wheres_Waldo_NES_ScreenShot1.jpg

mission
08-14-2010, 12:25 PM

Yup, sat next to him and his wife once last season (nice, quiet folks). ATLpackfan goes there on occasion too.

It's a great place if you're from Wisconsin. They do all the crazy german beer drinking / packers / wisconsin songs in between scores and during commercial breaks. Really fun atmosphere ... and of course there's a 50 year old strung-out-looking blond chick that always walks around in a packers bikini. Gotta love it! :lol:

green_bowl_packer
08-14-2010, 12:25 PM

speaking of Waldo...

http://www.consoleclassix.com/info_img/Wheres_Waldo_NES_ScreenShot1.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/n2mvkx.jpg

falco
08-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Yup, sat next to him and his wife

If you see them again, tell him to come back!

mission
08-14-2010, 12:28 PM
Yup, sat next to him and his wife

If you see them again, tell him to come back!

I'll try to bribe him with a cold one or two. :D

Brandon494
08-14-2010, 12:42 PM
I notice he posts on another packer board that I also visit.

get louder at lambeau
08-14-2010, 01:14 PM
I notice he posts on another packer board that I also visit.

He's been posting at www.packersnews.net quite a bit this last week or two.

HowardRoark
08-16-2010, 01:07 PM

Most likely at Stadium View.

Last year I played at Whistling Straights before the Packer/Browns preseason game. It was warm-up week for the PGA. The course was in the exact condition that it will be this week and Saturday pin positions.

I had to go to Cranky Pat’s and eat a large pizza with quadruple meat and drink 3 or 4 beers just to maintain my body weight after walking around Whistling Straights all day in that heat.

I bet both places made a lot of money selling water Saturday.

retailguy
08-16-2010, 03:34 PM
Well .... I'll be the 6'4", 240 guy with a Packers hat and a HardRock Cafe - Phoenix shirt. Hope someone stops by to say hello.

Pure curiosity, did anyone take you up on your offer?

HarveyWallbangers
08-16-2010, 03:43 PM
On the positive side, I just watched the first 20 minutes of the Vikings 28-7 victory over the Rams. I thought I'd watch and be worried. However, the Vikings looked lousy--until a Rams returner scored a TD and fumbled the ball inside his own 20 on back-to-back punt returns. The Vikings couldn't run, had several OL penalties, TJack bounced one to an open receiver on 3rd down. Of course, they were injured and it's preseason, so no big deal either way. I'm assuming their backups looked much better than the Rams. The Rams are terrible. AJ Feeley started at QB for them. The one thing that stood out to me is that Toby Gerhart looked pedestrian. He looked slow running against an NFL defense. Right now, he doesn't look too worrisome.