PDA

View Full Version : Mark Chmura Calls Jermichael Finley 'a Moron'

Brandon494
08-12-2010, 04:33 PM
“I got one word for y’all. Dallas-Texas-Super-Bowl-Baby!” Jermichael Finley 8-7-10 post game comments after Family Night. :lol:

Finley might not be the smartest player but Chmura has no room to talk after the hot tub incident.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/08/09/packers-tight-end-drama-mark-chmura-calls-jermichael-finley-a/?synd=1

Tony Oday
08-12-2010, 05:11 PM
So what does he say about Woodson when he says that its super bowl or bust? he is just trying to stay relevent.

falco
08-12-2010, 05:22 PM
So what does he say about Woodson when he says that its super bowl or bust? he is just trying to stay relevent.

He probably identified it as being more than one word, at least.

MJZiggy
08-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Funny, I don't recall Finley putting himself in a position where his tidy whities are held aloft in a court of law...Finley's a Rhodes Scholar compared to Chmura...

falco
08-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Funny, I don't recall Finley putting himself in a position where his tidy whities are held aloft in a court of law...Finley's a Rhodes Scholar compared to Chmura...

Even Underwood made sure the women were of age.... :lol:

mission
08-12-2010, 06:08 PM

Exactly! Unless Finley winds up in a comparable situation to Chmura's then he'll never be as much of a moron as "Chewy". What a dipshit.

88 is just a kid. For the Packers' (and his) sake, I hope he doesn't turn into a TO and prevent himself from realizing his full potential. I think he'll be OK (headcase wise) but who knows what happens if he busts out this season for 80-1000-10... hopefully he can keep things in check.

pbmax
08-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Pot, meet the kettle.

falco
08-12-2010, 06:13 PM
but who knows what happens if he busts out this season for 80-1000-10... hopefully he can keep things in check.

Hopefully Quarles will be good insurance in the event Finley gets 'too big for his britches.'

mission
08-12-2010, 06:16 PM
but who knows what happens if he busts out this season for 80-1000-10... hopefully he can keep things in check.

Hopefully Quarles will be good insurance in the event Finley gets 'too big for his britches.'

i have a hard time believing quarless isn't just a poor-man's finley. would love to be wrong, but maybe even a 60-800-7 guy could be "good enough" for this offense. i'd rather have my cake and eat it too tho :D

packerbacker1234
08-12-2010, 06:20 PM
T.O. has amazing career numbers - he never really got int he way of his own potential. Outside of with the bills who have no real QB, he has been a probowl type WR with his numbers and play almost every single season he has been in the NFL.

T.O. lived up to his potential and then some - he is, skill wise and number wise, one of the best WR's to ever play the game.

His ego is what made him be a team hopper, but he performs on the field, even if he is a dick and an idiot off.

Lurker64
08-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Well, if it really does take one to know one I would trust Chmura's estimation of who is a moron much more than my own.

mraynrand
08-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Sez you, Mark!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_bLYWcKr_iJI/TDTNUQMuEZI/AAAAAAAAB28/LTOZJFDpjQw/s1600/Bronx+Cheer.jpg

Joemailman
08-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Moron :arrow: http://www.johnmonty.com/cotw/chmura.jpg

falco
08-13-2010, 12:11 PM
http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2001/02/03/image269381g.jpg

red
08-13-2010, 07:16 PM
chewy needs to go away, what he did was and is a major embarrassment to the packer organization

The Leaper
08-13-2010, 08:45 PM
nah...it isn't such a blight on the Packers...just him.

get louder at lambeau
08-14-2010, 02:02 AM
Finley decided to prove Chmura's dumb ass right by responding-

Jermichael Finley would love to meet Mark Chmura
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 13, 2010 5:45 PM ET

The other day, we wondered aloud about the problems inherent in radio host Mark Chmura calling Packers tight end Jermichael Finley a "moron."

Chmura's words wound up reaching Finley's ears -- apparently through our post -- and the third-year player wasn't thrilled, as we'd expect.

"That's just one of those jealousy things, I guess," Finley said Thursday via Jason Wilde of ESPNMilwaukee.com. "I'm not trying to call him out or nothing. But that's how I see it."

Finley is aware of Chmura's history with the team, but hasn't met him.

"Never seen him. If he walked in this locker room, I wouldn't know who he was," Finley said. "I think he thought they stopped inventing the Super Bowl when they won it in '96, so he doesn't want to see that from my standpoint. . . . I would love to meet him. I would love that, to be in his face right now."
Chmura hits the airwaves again Sunday morning. We'll guess that Chmura backtracks and says his comments were taken out of context.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/13/jermichael-finley-would-love-to-meet-mark-chmura/

Tarlam!
08-14-2010, 07:55 AM
My biggest concern about Finley is him turning into an ego monster.

But his reported reply is anything but that of a moron. Well played young Finley!

sharpe1027
08-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Finley decided to prove Chmura's dumb ass right by responding-

Jermichael Finley would love to meet Mark Chmura
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 13, 2010 5:45 PM ET

The other day, we wondered aloud about the problems inherent in radio host Mark Chmura calling Packers tight end Jermichael Finley a "moron."

Chmura's words wound up reaching Finley's ears -- apparently through our post -- and the third-year player wasn't thrilled, as we'd expect.

"That's just one of those jealousy things, I guess," Finley said Thursday via Jason Wilde of ESPNMilwaukee.com. "I'm not trying to call him out or nothing. But that's how I see it."

Finley is aware of Chmura's history with the team, but hasn't met him.

"Never seen him. If he walked in this locker room, I wouldn't know who he was," Finley said. "I think he thought they stopped inventing the Super Bowl when they won it in '96, so he doesn't want to see that from my standpoint. . . . I would love to meet him. I would love that, to be in his face right now."
Chmura hits the airwaves again Sunday morning. We'll guess that Chmura backtracks and says his comments were taken out of context.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/13/jermichael-finley-would-love-to-meet-mark-chmura/

I'm not so sure Finley is doing himself any favors talking smack in the media. I am relatively confident that they only invented the superbowl once.

falco
08-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Ehh, I have no problem with Finley sounding off. Chmura came off as a major d-bag.

I think Finley is endearing himself to the fans. The coaching staff has indicated that he has matured greatly. I agree the only problem is if he becomes a diva.

What does he have, 2 years left on his contract? Maybe would be wise to give him an extension midway through this year....

mission
08-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Maybe would be wise to give him an extension midway through this year....

This.

drayge
08-14-2010, 01:13 PM
I agree with Chmura's point - which is that these guys have NOT won anything and should not be talking about Superbowls. And I think it was his co-host that said the "one word" comment - not Chmura. Chmura also laid on the compliments for Finley too.

mission
08-14-2010, 03:51 PM
I will add that I'm not a big fan of some of the shit Finley has been saying lately. Maybe it *is* extreme or sophomoric, or maybe it's just because I'm not really used to many Packers really acting like that ? Probably a bit of both.

It's a slight cause for concern when thinking about the big picture and that's even more reason to give him money sooner than later. That sounds a bit backwards with a potential "diva", but I don't want him ending up not giving us 100% because he's outperforming a rookie contract. That Finley could be a very bad Finley.

Joemailman
08-14-2010, 06:38 PM
I agree with Chmura's point - which is that these guys have NOT won anything and should not be talking about Superbowls. And I think it was his co-host that said the "one word" comment - not Chmura. Chmura also laid on the compliments for Finley too.

I'm ok with guys "talking SuperBowl" because that's a team goal. It's when guys seem more interested in personal stats than team goals that I get concerned.

Iron Mike
05-25-2013, 10:10 PM
http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/get-a-brain-morans-android.jpg

George Cumby
05-26-2013, 01:50 AM
http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/get-a-brain-morans-android.jpg

Is this moran related to Erin Moran?

Jimx29
05-26-2013, 07:44 PM
Was Chmura ever convicted of anything illegal?

swede
05-26-2013, 09:40 PM
Was Chmura ever convicted of anything illegal?

No. But the court case made clear that he and another older man were drinking and hot-tubbing with teen girls. He went into the bathroom and a teen girl followed him in. She came out a few minutes later. His version said that they had an awkward conversation. Hers, later, was that he had assaulted her. Her story was punched full of holes convincingly in court. Teen girls can really go off the rails as they look for attention, but then, so can ex football players.

He was clearly innocent of sexual assault.

He was clearly guilty of being criminally stupid and having feloniously bad judgment.

Guiness
05-26-2013, 09:58 PM
No. But the court case made clear that he and another older man were drinking and hot-tubbing with teen girls. He went into the bathroom and a teen girl followed him in. She came out a few minutes later. His version said that they had an awkward conversation. Hers, later, was that he had assaulted her. Her story was punched full of holes convincingly.

He was clearly innocent of sexual assault.

He was clearly guilty of being criminally stupid and having feloniously bad judgment.

Good summation.

It also came to light that he was pretty damn hypocritical - he a pretty clean reputation, came out in favour of the Packers releasing a few guys charged with minor crimes.

Here's an article about the whole thing
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,93309-1,00.html

Love the 'tough new head coach Mike Sherman' comment!