PDA

View Full Version : Porter trade (ESPN Insider) today...

packers11
08-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Sorry for another post.... BUTTTT..... If you don't have espn inside I read something interesting that you guys might want to hear:
ESPN INSIDER:
Porter on the move?
<Aug. 2> The Raiders are willing to deal Porter, provided he pays back the $4 million bonus he received for this season, and his agent, Joel Segal, is able to find a team willing to give the Raiders suitable compensation, be it in the form of draft picks or established players, the Contra Costa Times reports.
"If someone offers us the [draft] choice we want or a representative player and the $4 million bonus he took from us this year, we'll respond," Owner Al Davis said. "They got to get it done. [Porter's] agent has known this since the draft [in April]. Before the draft, he knew what he had to do. He couldn't get it done."

According to the Green Bay Press-Gazette, the Packers wouldn't mind adding Porter, but a deal appears unlikely unless the Raiders drop their asking price significantly. They reportedly are looking for at least a first-round draft pick.

"I don't know what's really on [the Raiders'] minds, but I know they want a big-time pick," said Reggie McKenzie, the Packers' director of pro personnel.

Very interesting to see how this will play out :smile:

woodbuck27
08-03-2006, 02:23 PM
" According to the Green Bay Press-Gazette, the Packers wouldn't mind adding Porter, but a deal appears unlikely unless the Raiders drop their asking price significantly. They reportedly are looking for at least a first-round draft pick.

"I don't know what's really on [the Raiders'] minds, but I know they want a big-time pick," said Reggie McKenzie, the Packers' director of pro personnel.

Very interesting to see how this will play out " packers11

Their demands will drop.Time !!

I just glad that we are active daily in improving OUR team.That's all I want T2 and his scouting staff to do.

TRY.

HOLD THE FAITH - PACKERS !!

the_idle_threat
08-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Sorry for another post....

Another post? No problem! You only have to post about 1 or 2 thousand more times to catch up to some of our all-stars around here ... :smile:

red
08-03-2006, 05:23 PM
thanks for the story

very interesting info that we are interested if the price is right

CyclonePackFan
08-03-2006, 06:11 PM
Never, EVER feel bad about posting an article from an "exclusive" source like ESPN insider. For poor college students such as myself who can't afford such things with out-of-state tuition without reciprocity and with $700 due for books next week (I'm not joking), this is a Godsend

In summary, thanks :wink:

No Mo Moss
08-03-2006, 06:42 PM
YOu know usually there is no comment at all from the packers in regards to these type of stories. That fact that they commented makes me think they are seriously considering this.

woodbuck27
08-03-2006, 11:08 PM
I got alot from reading this. It's long but interesting:

The Porter Paradigm

by Chris Haynie, Staff Writer for raiderfans.net

08/02/06

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76221

I really dig the WILD Graphics on the Raider Fan Forum site.

Throughout this Jerry Porter story I have been in and out of that Forum.

GO PACKERS !!

Packers4Ever
08-04-2006, 12:16 AM
[quote="packers11"]Sorry for another post.... BUTTTT..... If you don't have espn inside I read something interesting that you guys might want to hear:
ESPN INSIDER:

Sorry for another post! hey don't feel that way! You aren't limited to any number of posts in this Forum, packers11, so fire away whenever you please. You had something interesting to add here - not everyone can do that, lol !! So join in, whenever, and glad to have you here! :smile:

woodbuck27
08-12-2006, 10:45 PM
Porter expected to play against Vikings

NFL.com wire reports

NAPA, Calif. (Aug. 12, 2006) -- Oakland Raiders coach Art Shell expects disgruntled wide receiver Jerry Porter to play against the Minnesota Vikings.

Porter, who led the Raiders with a career-high 76 receptions last year, didn't play against Philadelphia in the Hall of Fame game last week because of a calf injury. Shell said trainer Rod Martin expects Porter to be able to go.

"If he's ready to play, he'll play," Shell said.

The 6-foot-2-inch, 220-pound Porter has had the calf injury for much of training camp and only recently returned to practice full time.

But since returning, Porter -- who hasn't spoken with Shell since an offseason disagreement over conditioning -- hasn't spent any time with the first-team offense. Instead, he's practiced with the backups while Randy Moss, Doug Gabriel and Alvis Whitted take reps with the starters.

Earlier this week, Porter made a nice catch during a scrimmage drill, prompting teammate Jarrod Cooper to joke from the sideline, "Hey Porter, why can't you do that with the (starters)?"

Porter chuckled out loud and responded, "I'm not with the (starters)."

Shell was noncommittal about whether Porter would play with Oakland's starting offense at any time against the Vikings.

"He'll play," Shell said. "He'll play. If he's ready to play, he'll play."

Packers4Ever
08-13-2006, 01:34 PM
I got alot from reading this. It's long but interesting:

The Porter Paradigm

by Chris Haynie, Staff Writer for raiderfans.net

08/02/06

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76221

I really dig the WILD Graphics on the Raider Fan Forum site.

Throughout this Jerry Porter story I have been in and out of that Forum.

GO PACKERS !!

Interesting read! The graphics were cool but overdone, I'd rather be on this Forum reading other members' thoughts and ideas though. The Raiders' thread content had little of that, mostly gory stuff.

Anyone know when the Raiders/Vikings play?
Do we really want/need another whiny baby on our team? JP sounds like he's gearing up..... :roll:

TPF
08-13-2006, 01:35 PM
I'd take him in a second. He justs needs the right surroundings.

woodbuck27
08-13-2006, 03:28 PM
I'd take him in a second. He justs needs the right surroundings.

I don't believe he's going anywhere real fast, unless someone toss's an exceptional deal at daaa Raidaaas. He's expensive also.

Management and the fans just want him to pull the Company Line. :mrgreen:

Packers4Ever
08-13-2006, 04:07 PM
I guess I just have too many memories of McKenzie and Walker and wasn't there a 3rd one in last couple years too? Too many are 'testing the water' to see how much they can get out of management. TT handled Harris ok though...

Packers4Glory
08-14-2006, 01:06 AM
we need Porter. the offense needs another weapon. He is a good,talented, WR. that would allow Jennings to play the 3 and fergy to be 4 and a special teams player.

woodbuck27
08-14-2006, 01:46 AM
" Anyone know when the Raiders/Vikings play? "Packers4ever

Monday night - 14 Aug.2006.

woodbuck27
08-14-2006, 01:48 AM
we need Porter. the offense needs another weapon. He is a good,talented, WR. that would allow Jennings to play the 3 and fergy to be 4 and a special teams player.

I wouldn't be too pleased if anyone in OUR division secured Jerry Porter in a trade. I'm watching this closely.

Terry
08-14-2006, 04:23 AM
I don't believe he's going anywhere real fast, unless someone toss's an exceptional deal at daaa Raidaaas. He's expensive also.

Just offer to design them some choke-proof jerseys.

packrulz
08-14-2006, 08:24 AM
Kind of late in the game now since they couldn't get it done pre-draft. Screw Al Davis, I could see offering a 3rd round pick, anymore than that he can forget it.

Creepy
08-14-2006, 08:45 AM
Davios is old school, he will trade when he wants the way he wants. Porter has to cough up 4M to just get started. That means that a new contract is required by ant team that trades for him. He is not going to lose 4M and play for his salary and hope he doesn't get another injury.

Davis wants a #1 but would more than likely take a #2, nothing less. He is in the driver seat. Porter isn't going anywhere and has to play. When the season starts Porter will move up in the depth chart and start.

Porter has alrerady been injured this year. Who knows how strong he really is or whwther this problem will continue. Nobody wants to give up a high draft chice for an injured player. Puled hams seem to linger all year, so Porters value has decreased.

IMO Porter is staying in Oakland for the season. Davis will dangle but wants too much. Now a team who has a rash of injuries to starting WRs, may make the move, but not unitl later in pre-season.

Packers4Ever
08-14-2006, 12:40 PM
" Anyone know when the Raiders/Vikings play? "Packers4ever

Monday night - 14 Aug.2006.

OK WOODY, THERE YOU GO ! Somebody get TT and MM on the phone quick and have them send a negotiator and whoever else they might need over to the Cities to interview Porter while he's there today. I'm sure he could get his agent to fly in too !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

jack's smirking revenge
08-14-2006, 01:03 PM
I've got obligations tonight, but are there any other Packer Rats that would like to head down to the inflatible toilet to see if we can talk Porter and Davis into lowering the demands, becoming a cheesehead?

Guess we could always kidnap him. (*insert poop-stealing sequence from "The Salton Sea" here*)

tyler

woodbuck27
08-14-2006, 01:36 PM
Kind of late in the game now since they couldn't get it done pre-draft. Screw Al Davis, I could see offering a 3rd round pick, anymore than that he can forget it.

Now - is that the attitude we need to build a winner?

WR Jerry Porter would be a coup for Ted Thompson. He isn't coming cheap though.

Brett Favre and Donald Driver and Jerry Porter = TD's !! :mrgreen:

Packers4Ever
08-14-2006, 03:22 PM
Brett Favre and Donald Driver and Jerry Porter = TD's !!

Stop it, Woodbuck !! You're making our mouths water !! :lol:

woodbuck27
08-14-2006, 03:26 PM
Brett Favre and Donald Driver and Jerry Porter = TD's !!

Stop it, Woodbuck !! You're making our mouths water !! :lol:

I am hoping that maybe Ted Thompson may get " just there " but I'm not optimistic. I won't HOLD my breath. :mrgreen:

GO PACKERS ! HOLD THE FAITH in 2006 !!

Partial
08-14-2006, 03:30 PM
I'd much rather have Charles Rodgers. Much higher upside, will come cheaper, and won't cost a draft pick. Also, bigger, faster, more athletic, and seems to be built better for M3s offense.