PDA

View Full Version : Can't Register on 'Rats -- Email Banned

mission
08-14-2010, 04:06 PM
So my good friend Buddy is a fellow Atlantan Rat and has been trying to get on PR for quite some time now.

Everytime he tries to register it says his email is banned (4 different emails) and so I figured I'd try to register for him with one of my work emails and I was told it is also banned -- there's no way.

Anyone familiar with this or have a workaround? Has anyone registered recently?

red
08-14-2010, 04:16 PM
i think someone else had this problem awhile back

try sending the admin guy a pm about it

Joemailman
08-14-2010, 04:29 PM
So my good friend Buddy is a fellow Atlantan Rat and has been trying to get on PR for quite some time now.

Everytime he tries to register it says his email is banned (4 different emails) and so I figured I'd try to register for him with one of my work emails and I was told it is also banned -- there's no way.

Anyone familiar with this or have a workaround? Has anyone registered recently?

Didn't know you were good friends with Partial. :wink:

wootah
08-16-2010, 03:05 AM
I had this same problem when I tried to register; some domains (hotmail for example) are not allowed.

It's strange though that one of your work emails also was blocked, but then again I don't know for what kind of company you work...

Bossman641
08-16-2010, 04:41 PM
I had this same problem when I tried to register; some domains (hotmail for example) are not allowed.

It's strange though that one of your work emails also was blocked, but then again I don't know for what kind of company you work...

I had the same thing happen to me a while back. I was trying to switch my email and was having some issues with it. Try sending the admin a message. I believe he has to manually unblock your address.

SkinBasket
08-17-2010, 09:47 AM

I had the same thing happen to me a while back. I was trying to switch my email and was having some issues with it. Try sending the admin a message. I believe he has to manually unblock your address.

This all must be doing wonders for our new membership!

hoosier
08-17-2010, 10:32 AM

I think the plan is to quarantine and let the forum slowly starve itself to death. Then, when everyone is gone, start over from zero.

MadtownPacker
08-17-2010, 11:53 AM
You guys are probably taking shit out on Joe for things I did. I had a lot of the big free email blocked because the spam accounts where overwhelming and I was sick of wasting my time deleting them for a bunch of ungrateful shits. Guessing lots of the blocks are still on.

Joe hit me up if you need assistance with it.

SkinBasket
08-17-2010, 04:55 PM
I don't think anyone's taking anything out on him, per say. I don't think anyone cares enough anymore for that kind of effort. We've had three contributing members join this year. The last one was 3 months ago. Some of us had concerns before that the lack of a homepage, search engine results, or anything else that would alert the world to our presence might harm our already endangered membership. If the registration system also sucks butt and tells potential member to go fuck themselves, then it's hard to think that hoosier isn't at least a little bit right. For once.

BTW, it's wonderful to see you again, especially in such a pleasant state of mind!

mraynrand
08-17-2010, 05:41 PM

I think the plan is to quarantine and let the forum slowly starve itself to death. Then, when everyone is gone, start over from zero.

http://content.bandzoogle.com/users/chadgosselin/images/content/quarantine-300.jpg

Little Whiskey
08-17-2010, 10:02 PM
I don't think anyone's taking anything out on him, per say. I don't think anyone cares enough anymore for that kind of effort. We've had three contributing members join this year. The last one was 3 months ago. Some of us had concerns before that the lack of a homepage, search engine results, or anything else that would alert the world to our presence might harm our already endangered membership. If the registration system also sucks butt and tells potential member to go fuck themselves, then it's hard to think that hoosier isn't at least a little bit right. For once.

BTW, it's wonderful to see you again, especially in such a pleasant state of mind!

+1

mraynrand
08-18-2010, 08:11 AM
I'm a real fan of the new Homepage:

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/Picture7.png

Little Whiskey
08-18-2010, 10:59 AM
It should at least be turned back to the old one. at least it had active links.