PDA

View Full Version : Quinn Porter

falco
08-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Is this guy any better than Sutton from last year?

Sutton looked good last season but TT tried to stash on PS and he got picked up and went somewhere else.

Joemailman
08-14-2010, 10:17 PM
He has way more quickness than Sutton. Then again, I have more quickness than Sutton.

retailguy
08-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Is this guy any better than Sutton from last year?

Sutton looked good last season but TT tried to stash on PS and he got picked up and went somewhere else.

Too soon to tell.

Sutton went to Carolina.

falco
08-14-2010, 10:18 PM
He has way more quickness than Sutton. Then again, I have more quickness than Sutton.

Really? I remember Sutton having some burst, which was sort of what made him stand out.

I don't remember Sutton having Noah Herron like speed, I guess.

Joemailman
08-14-2010, 10:20 PM
I really like Porter. I think he has a lot of big play ability.

CaptainKickass
08-15-2010, 01:10 AM
I like Porter too. Speaking of which, I'm thirsty and must get beer.

falco
08-15-2010, 05:06 AM
9:30

Twitter PackersLive - No question. No even close RT @Aaron_Nagler: Porter is so much better than Sutton and you know it.

Brandon494
08-15-2010, 09:10 AM
I never got all the love for Sutton.

As for Porter I really like this guy and wish he would have gotten more carries last night.

rbaloha1
08-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Shall be interesting if he can beat out Lumpkin. May come down to special teams.

swede
08-15-2010, 11:01 AM
It was just one pre-season game, but I thought Lumpkin was a better asset to the team yesterday against the Browns. He does not lose yards and he usually gets 3 even when a play's blocking is blown up.

Porter has been more exciting, but Lumpkin may be the better fit.

[/i]

Brandon494
08-15-2010, 11:11 AM
I disagree...

Porter averaged more yards per carry, has much better hands, and also more speical teams vaule then Lumpkin.

Joemailman
08-15-2010, 11:23 AM
It was just one pre-season game, but I thought Lumpkin was a better asset to the team yesterday against the Browns. He does not lose yards and he usually gets 3 even when a play's blocking is blown up.

[/i]

He may be a "better fit", if that's all you're looking for. Porter however, brings an element of explosiveness and breakaway speed that the Packers other backs don't have.

Brandon494
08-15-2010, 11:24 AM

[/i]

He may be a "better fit", if that's all you're looking for. Porter however, brings an element of explosiveness and breakaway speed that the Packers other backs don't have.

+1

swede
08-15-2010, 11:30 AM
I disagree...

Porter averaged more yards per carry, has much better hands, and also more speical teams vaule then Lumpkin.

I will concede the special teams value. I thought Lumpkin played more consistently in the game, getting positive yards out of nothing and hitting holes with power. Porter has definitely caught more positive attention from coaches in practice, but he fits the mold of the annual exciting packer running back that does not make the team. This competition is certainly close, though, and I think Porter will have to convincingly outperform Lumpkin in games. In the end, MM and TT seem to make the call based upon whether or not the RB back-ups are assignment sure in their pass-blocking responsibilities.

rbaloha1
08-15-2010, 11:38 AM
I disagree...

I will concede the special teams value. I thought Lumpkin played more consistently in the game, getting positive yards out of nothing and hitting holes with power. Porter has definitely caught more positive attention from coaches in practice, but he fits the mold of the annual exciting packer running back that does not make the team. This competition is certainly close, though, and I think Porter will have to convincingly outperform Lumpkin in games. In the end, MM and TT seem to make the call based upon whether or not the RB back-ups are assignment sure in their pass-blocking responsibilities.

Well said. Lumpkin picked up blitzes very well and has that nice forward lean like Jackson.