PDA

View Full Version : Calling it right now!!

MadtownPacker
08-16-2010, 10:43 PM
Im sure many have said it already but Im putting it down in my own thread right now. The Packers will be in the NFC championship, at worst. Hell I really dont see any NFC team that can challenge them, other then the purps w/ #4. But this year's team looks stronger.

What do you crackas think?

Joemailman
08-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Best record in the NFC 2nd half of last year. They're young enough for that to matter. I say yes.

jmbarnes101
08-16-2010, 11:48 PM
I don't know exactly what it is but I think this team is on the verge of something special. Forget championship, I'm calling Superbowl.

Freak Out
08-16-2010, 11:52 PM
Hey! Glad to see you made parole.

Pack all the way MFer.

PlantPage55
08-17-2010, 12:39 AM
With the way Ted has our team set up financially and whatnot, by all rights we SHOULD have something of a dynasty on our hands pretty soon. Just have to get over the hump of actually winning the most important games and then we should be good to go.

How do you stop this offense?

Just some minor defensive lessons learned from last year and we could be unstoppable.

vince
08-17-2010, 06:27 AM
The Madman leading the charge! Good to see you retired your sinking ship avatar from last year.

This team will go as far as the defense takes it. They need to stay pretty healthy on D (no reoccuring hamstring problem with Matthews in particular), or we could see a repeat of last year, but I'm on board with you Mad.

RashanGary
08-17-2010, 07:39 AM
The Packers and Saints have top odds in the NFC to win the NFCC at 5:1. So they're about 2.5:1 odds to get there.

Even the top teams in the NFL, Vegas doesn't think the odds of getting there are better than the odds of them not making it. There are just so many teams and so many things that can happen.

That said, I'm a blind Packer fan and I think they're pretty great. I'll vote YES! Against the odds. But I won't bet :)

mraynrand
08-17-2010, 07:55 AM
Now I know the Packers are screwed. Madtown on the happy train is the kiss of death.

hoosier
08-17-2010, 08:02 AM
Im sure many have said it already but Im putting it down in my own thread right now. The Packers will be in the NFC championship, at worst. Hell I really dont see any NFC team that can challenge them, other then the purps w/ #4. But this year's team looks stronger.

What do you crackas think?

The Purps with Favre, the Saints and Dallas all seem to me to be at about the same level as the Pack right now. Philly, NY, Atl, and possibly SF are a step or two behind. How the top four teams pan out will depend a lot on injuries and consistency.

Scott Campbell
08-17-2010, 08:44 AM
I think they've got a roster capable of that kind of a run. But you need some luck too.

MadtownPacker
08-17-2010, 11:20 AM
The Purps with Favre, the Saints and Dallas all seem to me to be at about the same level as the Pack right now. Philly, NY, Atl, and possibly SF are a step or two behind. How the top four teams pan out will depend a lot on injuries and consistency.You really feel dallas is that strong? I just dont see it for some reason. The saints got away with a lot of cheap stuff in all the playoff games last season. I think the NFL wont let that happen again. They are right there with the Pack but I like our ball hogging offense better.

Injuries will wreck any team's season, Im not basing anything on that, too much of a wildcard. Just looking at straight up talent/foundation.

MadtownPacker
08-17-2010, 11:44 AM
Now I know the Packers are screwed. Madtown on the happy train is the kiss of death.What???I think I have made good calls on the status of the team throughout the years. The phosphorous from your meth lab has sunk to deep into your brain homie!

mngolf19
08-17-2010, 12:09 PM
I'd give them equal chance with NO and MN. I don't see why "experts" think Dal is going to make it. They are no better than last year and were only good enough to win their div then. Hey, why not MN and GB in the NFCC?

hoosier
08-17-2010, 12:55 PM
The Purps with Favre, the Saints and Dallas all seem to me to be at about the same level as the Pack right now. Philly, NY, Atl, and possibly SF are a step or two behind. How the top four teams pan out will depend a lot on injuries and consistency.You really feel dallas is that strong? I just dont see it for some reason. The saints got away with a lot of cheap stuff in all the playoff games last season. I think the NFL wont let that happen again. They are right there with the Pack but I like our ball hogging offense better.

Injuries will wreck any team's season, Im not basing anything on that, too much of a wildcard. Just looking at straight up talent/foundation.

If Dallas's defense plays the way it's capable of playing they will be tough: hard to run against and hard to protect against the pressure of Ware and Spencer. Their biggest question seems to be the offensive line and whether it can open holes for Barber. If Barber returns to his pre-2009 form and if Felix Jones stays healthy, I think their offense is every bit as scary as the Packs. If not, then there is still hope that any of their games turns into a Tony Romo turnover fest.

hoosier
08-17-2010, 12:56 PM
I'd give them equal chance with NO and MN. I don't see why "experts" think Dal is going to make it. They are no better than last year and were only good enough to win their div then. Hey, why not MN and GB in the NFCC?

Because that would require MN to win on the road in the divisional round. :lol:

mraynrand
08-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Now I know the Packers are screwed. Madtown on the happy train is the kiss of death.What???I think I have made good calls on the status of the team throughout the years. The phosphorous from your meth lab has sunk to deep into your brain homie!

OK, so maybe you're right about the Pack. I hope so. But you're wrong about me. I stay away from the meth - I pretty much stick to sniffing glue.

CaliforniaCheez
08-17-2010, 03:19 PM
It is possible if they go relatively injury free.

There are critical positions that are thin.
D-line starters, CB starters, backfield starters,

Injuries are the critical element and cannot be predicted.

KYPack
08-17-2010, 03:30 PM

The Senator from Fresno has been heard from, eh?

The way you wrote that poll, ya gotta vote "yes".

Minn I just feel they will have a lot of troubles.
NO Superbowl hangover.

I think it's GB and Dallas in a dog fight. We are the NFC rep in the SB, because it will ruin Jerry Jones life.

If we go to the SB, we gotta win it, right?

I'd say so.

MJZiggy
08-17-2010, 10:01 PM

OK, so maybe you're right about the Pack. I hope so. But you're wrong about me. I stay away from the meth - I pretty much stick to sniffing glue.

You're in the Elmer's again?

I didn't arrive with a sack so I suppose I can vote any way I want...but I'm not voting either way 'cause I'm not going to be any part of jinxing anything. I like my boys' chances. Nuff said.

retailguy
08-17-2010, 10:21 PM
16-0 with a trip to the super bowl.

(ziggy told me privately) :twisted:

Pugger
08-18-2010, 12:17 AM

You're in the Elmer's again?

I didn't arrive with a sack so I suppose I can vote any way I want...but I'm not voting either way 'cause I'm not going to be any part of jinxing anything. I like my boys' chances. Nuff said.

ditto. I didn't arrive with a sack either. :wink:

Fritz
08-18-2010, 09:47 PM

You're so conservative.