PDA

View Full Version : WoodBuck's Rat Name

Partial
08-03-2006, 02:49 PM
Woody needs a rat name. Lets hear some of your more hilarious suggestions!

HarveyWallbangers
08-03-2006, 02:49 PM
It's not hilarious, but he'll always be the Canuck Rat to me.

BallHawk
08-03-2006, 02:57 PM
What province does Woody live in?

MJZiggy
08-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Maritime Rat? Nah, Harvey's right. Canuck Rat.

retailguy
08-03-2006, 03:05 PM

Newfoundland I believe....

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-03-2006, 03:23 PM
How about "I eat" rat.

BallHawk
08-03-2006, 03:25 PM
How about "Newfie Rat"?

jack's smirking revenge
08-03-2006, 03:26 PM
I second the Canuck Rat title.

tyler

Joemailman
08-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Antler Rat

Badgepack
08-03-2006, 04:47 PM
"Post"master Rat

red
08-03-2006, 05:01 PM
rat wood?

rats get wood, right?

HarveyWallbangers
08-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Provincial Rat?
Loony Rat?
Slapshot Rat?
Hanson Rat?

KYPack
08-03-2006, 05:24 PM
Def "Newfie Rat"

only a Newf could come up with some of the stuff BuckBuck puts out there.

Iron Mike
08-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Woodrat!

http://www.sdnhm.org/fieldguide/mammals/neot-lep.html

Scott Campbell
08-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Hoser Rat

http://www.cita.utoronto.ca/webpages/mckenzie/pics/bob_and_doug.jpg

retailguy
08-03-2006, 09:45 PM
rat wood?

rats get wood, right?

Mmmm, NO. :wink:

woodbuck27
08-03-2006, 10:03 PM

I hail from (grew up in) Saint John, New Brunswick, and spent about 80% of my Life in that Province. I presently reside in the Montreal,Quebec. I ache for my Maritime lifestyle.

Saint John is the oldest Incorporated City in Canada (the First City), and New Brunswick is called "the Picture Province". Saint John is nicknamed "the Surf City'. When the fog rolls in from the Bay of Fundy Boy - Surf's up !

New Brunswick is one of three Maritime Provinces - along with Nova Scotia (the largest) and we deem them "Blue Noser's" and Prince Edward Island the smallest Maritime Province in the Maritimes and all of Canada.People from PEI are deemed - "Islanders", for obvious reasons.

I really like Harveys handle "the Canuck Rat ", but then their's Guiness from Canada also, and maybe more here from North of your border. We are all Canucks from Canada I guess.

Good Luck. :mrgreen:

retailguy
08-03-2006, 10:14 PM
I presently reside in the Montreal,Quebec.

parlez-vous français ? Je parle français en peu.

woodbuck27
08-03-2006, 10:15 PM

Newfoundland I believe....

retailguy:

Newfoundland is the most Eastern Province and the last to enter Cofederation around the late 40's. Yup . People from there are deemed Neufies and these are the finest people on the planet. I feel that, and many would agree. St.John's NFLD is the finest PORT in the World, to go on leave in according to so many sailors I have asked.

Neufies are very very neat and hilarious people, and musically talented as well with strong English-Irish-Scottish roots. Their time is one-half hour prior to Atlantic Standard time.

woodbuck27
08-03-2006, 10:19 PM

Very much the seconrd retailguy. Yet New Brunswick is . . . . .

the only Officially bi-lingual Province in the Dominion.

MJZiggy
08-03-2006, 10:19 PM
So you haven't said which rat name you'd like for yourself, Buck. What's it gonna be?

retailguy
08-03-2006, 10:21 PM

Very much the seconrd retailguy. Yet New Brunswick is . . . . .

the only Officially bi-lingual Province in the Dominion.

I can find the bathroom, order a steak, and ask for an english telephone operator. That's about it.... :mrgreen:

retailguy
08-03-2006, 10:21 PM
So you haven't said which rat name you'd like for yourself, Buck. What's it gonna be?

That omission was NOT an accident.... In case you didn't notice. :wink:

woodbuck27
08-03-2006, 10:24 PM
Hoser Rat

Hi Scott:

Hoser is a term used in Upper Canada, ie Ontario and not at all used East of Ontario.

I havn't even researched it's origin and meaning. I will now,LOL. :mrgreen:

Edit:

Did my research and I realize now ,why Maritimer's don't use that derogatory term "Hoser" . . . we are generally far too civilized /polite for that BS.

If someone insisted on referring to me as a Hoser - which is insulting - particularly to OUR Great Canadian Culture, I might - have to go 18 again - on the silly puss. :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
08-03-2006, 10:27 PM

Canuck Rat is really great, but I'm afraid I'll step on other Canadians here (s) toes.

May I sleep on it? Answer tomorrow afternoon??

MJZiggy
08-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Any objection to Woody being Canuck Rat? Speak now or forever shut your yap about it. :lol: :cool:

woodbuck27
08-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Off the top I'm from "the Surf City" Saint John N.B. and I like Surfer Rat.

I formed a Co-Ed Slow Pitch (softball) team after I graduated from University Of New Brunsswick, and called the team "the Surfers".

Alot of people in Upper Canada are ignorant of ORR Geography and they listen to my dialect and say." Your a Neufie and I laugh and respond. . NO ! I'm a Neubie. .

So "Neubie Rat" is a decent choice.

Where's Guiness?

woodbuck27
08-03-2006, 10:36 PM
Any objection to Woody being Canuck Rat? Speak now or forever shut your yap about it. :lol: :cool:

That would be a fine honor. :mrgreen:

Joemailman
08-03-2006, 10:38 PM
Canadian surfer rat

HarveyWallbangers
08-03-2006, 10:52 PM
Surfin' Canuck Rat

the_idle_threat
08-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Loonie Surfer Rat?

woodbuck27
08-04-2006, 09:06 AM
OK. Slept on that. :idea:

I like - Canuck Surfer Rat.

That certainly fits Ehh :?: :mrgreen:

jack's smirking revenge
08-04-2006, 09:38 AM
Elsinore Rat

http://www.execulink.com/~bobnet/hoser/brew.jpg

Scott Campbell
08-04-2006, 12:53 PM
If someone insisted on referring to me as a Hoser - which is insulting - particularly to OUR Great Canadian Culture, I might - have to go 18 again - on the silly puss. :mrgreen:

Check out the other rat names. Many of them are insulting. In fact I think that's the whole point of it.

HarveyWallbangers
08-04-2006, 01:07 PM
Check out the other rat names. Many of them are insulting. In fact I think that's the whole point of it.

Yeah, check out mine.

CaptainKickass
08-04-2006, 03:55 PM
How about:

"Mother-Bucking Rat"

???

jack's smirking revenge
08-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Bottle Rat

tyler

Partial
08-04-2006, 04:38 PM
OK. Slept on that. :idea:

I like - Canuck Surfer Rat.

That certainly fits Ehh :?: :mrgreen:

I was thinking something that plays to your unique style of writing, but I am drawing a blank :?:

woodbuck27
08-04-2006, 05:16 PM

OK Scott, so I should take it to the DARK side,mmmm.

Let me work on that. :evil:

Scott Campbell
08-04-2006, 05:33 PM

OK Scott, so I should take it to the DARK side,mmmm.

Let me work on that. :evil:

Well it does have a nice ring to it. And it showcases your ability to laugh at yourself. But in the end, you're the one that has to live with it. So you decide.

woodbuck27
08-04-2006, 05:56 PM

Ziggy this is going in a whole different direction.

To. . .THE DARK SIDE. :evil:

Ok I'll admit some really bad stuff about me.

When I was about 10 years old and visiting with some of my Country relatives. I spent an afternoon smashing the guts out of creek frogs on a rock. Never was there a more inhumane action even in the days of OLD Rome. I killed alot of frogs. I was without mercy, and to this day I feel shame over that cruel activity.

woodbuck27 "the frog killer". psycho on frogs. frog psycho.

Now you see I'm Irish - English and we have a certain bad attitude about the French. We kicked their ass's to take control of Canada and they still can't get past that. They are a pushy bunch but their women are very HOT. Us Irish will not be pushed around.

Now maybe it was the bloody English but someone got so down on the French pricks that they nicknamed them. Nicknamed them "frogs". Isn't that terrible given the way I acted that summers day when I was ten.

Yup, I have my DARK side and as a matter of fact I was a regular HELL raiser when I was young - as in street fighting. I loved to scrap. I came from a Port City and I've been told by many the roughest town in Canada. Gangs all over that City which really spralls. If you entered a section of the City that wasn't your territory you needed Bud's with you. I had to fight from the time I was 5 years of age. No Shit. So I learned to GO ,as we termed it, or the ability to walk all over an idiot that thought he was tough.

I had a boxing trainer beg me to allow him to handle me, Sailor Don McKinnon was his name, and he said there was no way I wouldn't be a Canadian Champ, in my weight class, as he never saw hand speed like I possess. He only saw me one time in the ring at his boxing club and he beged me to consider he being my handler. I was married with two daughters. I have three beautiful girls.

I still work out and I can still pull down on a man and he won't see it. My nickname growing up was "Fast Eddie". Not very distinctive I know, but the Lads in town, soon knew who they had at hand - when someone blurted out "are you an idiot - that's Fast Eddie". Don't scrap with him. Seriously. I was good in the pits. Saint John is the largest City in New Brunswick, with a Pop. of 125 K.

Fights lasted - well sometimes only 30 - 45 seconds, as I hit the poor chap so fast, so many times and so hard he thought that was impossible. I won alot of scraps with one rockin' hard right. I'm right handed and scrap left handed. Actually I'm very comfortable boxing with either stance. Dad always said-The bigger they are Eddie the harder they fall - so I had no fear of men. My Father was a very neat man -very kind," the only true Good Samaritan" I have ever known.That is another story.I loved my Dad and miss him terribly. He passed on at the young age of 68 and what a loss.

I often wondered why I just got married and did the normal life, as I had a gift and tossed it away. The gift of hand speed. I do believe I would have done well in the ring but I'm glad I didn't go there as boxing is so dangerous-violent. My wife wouldn't have supported that decision either.

I also could run very well. Very good at both X-country ( City and District Champ) and also decent at the 100 yard and 220 sprints. I stole a ton of bases in baseball and fast pitch ball. I lived to play ball. Good hitter. Everything I tried, I was decent at. I played on several Championship teams. I expected to win. :mrgreen:

So that is a little about me. I have no really bad habits, except this Forum that I love. I'm a really regular fella, I think. People love me in real life as I'm alot of fun. Always the ham. Got that from both Mom and Dad and my Grand Parents were a blast - fun people. Never saw a drop of alcohol growing up on either side of the Family. Tolerant people. Good people that worked the land - worked hard.

I was a Country boy - lost in the City.

HarveyWallbangers
08-04-2006, 06:02 PM
You are an older gentleman, right? Some interesting stuff. You sound like you've lived an eventful life.

Scott Campbell
08-04-2006, 06:24 PM
I often wondered why I just got married and did the normal life, as I had a gift and tossed it away. The gift of hand speed.

Hey, I think Nutz has that same gift, and is also a tosser.

MJZiggy
08-04-2006, 06:54 PM
Ramblin' Rat? You've had a lot go on.

Fosco33
08-04-2006, 07:47 PM
What about "'OUR Team' Rat"?

the_idle_threat
08-04-2006, 10:19 PM
Wharf Rat?

woodbuck27
08-04-2006, 10:27 PM
You are an older gentleman, right? Some interesting stuff. You sound like you've lived an eventful life.

My oldest friend ,Bob lives in Fredericton, NB - the Capital City "The City of Elms" and he is very successful in his business endeavours.He's a millionaire because of very hard work.He owns a number of Dairy Queens in Fredericton and Saint John.

When Bob introduces me to anyone he usually gets to "this is my very BEST friend Eddie", and he's lived three lives.

I have lived a very interesting life. :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
08-04-2006, 10:31 PM
Wharf Rat?

Very cool. That works.

Lots of those in Saint John as it is a Port. Not so much now, as it once was a thriving Winter port, but all the same a natural fresh water port at the mouth of the Saint Jon River also called "the Rhine of North America".

woodbuck27
08-04-2006, 10:31 PM
What about "'OUR Team' Rat"?

Your a nice young man. :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
08-04-2006, 10:33 PM
I often wondered why I just got married and did the normal life, as I had a gift and tossed it away. The gift of hand speed.

Hey, I think Nutz has that same gift, and is also a tosser.

Can't be a Family man and a boxer Scott.

woodbuck27
08-04-2006, 10:37 PM
Ramblin' Rat? You've had a lot go on.

Not really a Ramblin' Man Ziggy. Pretty stable - solid with many close friends. I try to treat people with respect but I'm straight up too. That reaps benefits overall.

Must get to bed. Big day tomorrow.

Later PACKERRATS. :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
08-05-2006, 06:31 AM
This thing with regard to a RAT name is interesting. When we are born OUR parents name us. As parents we take that proposition very seriously, as the child will have to carry that name all his and her life. I love my daughter's names. Janice Kirsten (The Days of Wine and Roses - Kirsten was played by Lee Remmick her husband Jack Lemmon - good book and movie), Carly Nadine (after Carly Simon) and Ashley Megan (the Thornebirds).

Now I'll admit something else to y'all. I hate rats. Both sets of Grand Parents were farmers. So there were barns on the properties. Barns can't have rats or they will ruin the cow and horse feed.

See a rat - kill a rat.

Growing up - to ever be called a rat, was not a good thing.You always had to be cool. Keep your shit (that - between you and the boys - to yourself). That was deemed "the Code". I was the leader of my gang and we were mostly jocks and really into all sports and of course GIRLS. I grew up in my teens, in a fabulous place - called Rockwood Court. It was nicknamed "Little Chicago". It had a population of about 2500.

Lots of kids to grow with. An outstanding playing field (ball-soccer-football-golf driving range-hockey and skating rinks in the winter).A great clubhouse. A gym with a boxing ring. That's where I met former Canadian Bantam Weight Champion Jackey Burke. That fella was 10 years older than I was and he couldn't field a ground ball but man could he ever GO. He taught me alot about boxing.

Very handy was the Saint John Public Gardens and Mountains to climb and the biggest City Nature Park in Canada (it's huge), Rockwood Park, with alot of clean lakes to swim and fish in, and to have a ton of fun in.

That's where I met Bob in 1957. Bob is also a Packer fan but not with the dedication that I have. I have several friends in Saint John that are solid Packer fans. One of them also is a Pat's fan,mmmmm. Don't know about that. Can't really trust that.That's like being in a poker game with double the chips of all others at the table. Slippery bugger. LOL.

So I researched RATS before this post .Very interesting. But. . .I hate them.

I have to chose something (not nice) I'm getting - right !?? mmmmm

Barn Rat and Wharf Rat are sorta neutral not good not bad. I want to find something really unique and very much on "the Dark Side" or a few selections for " the Rotten Rat Name Committee" - to gleen.

Researching rats now. :mrgreen:

the_idle_threat
08-05-2006, 06:52 AM
How about Undecided Rat?

woodbuck27
08-05-2006, 07:35 PM
How about Undecided Rat?

How about Tritt Rat or Outlaw Rat?

I love "the Outlaws" Willie, Waylon ,Kris and the new breed - Hank Jr. and I dig Travis Tritt.

So I would be honored with "the PACKERRAT name" - Outlaw Rat. . .

in honor of my Country Bad Ass Gents that I love to listen to. I really like George Jones also, but those Outlaws. . .mmmmm,

Heeeeeeehaaaaa !! :mrgreen:

Badgepack
08-11-2006, 11:52 PM
This thread cannot die without a Rat Name being chosen.

What's it gonna be Woodbuck?

Scott Campbell
08-12-2006, 08:56 AM
I have to chose something (not nice) I'm getting - right !?? mmmmm

Indecisive Rat

AtlPackFan
08-12-2006, 05:22 PM
Hoser Rat

How about "Took Rat", "Back Bacon Rat" or "Northern Exposure Rat"

Actually, I like "Neufie Rat"

vince
08-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but you can tell I'm new around here...

Any rules to getting a rat name? I assume a mod has to change it...?

Who are the mods here, anyway?

Thanks.

HarveyWallbangers
08-12-2006, 07:29 PM
It's just Mad's way of strokin' his own ego. He gets to set the nickname, and he thinks it's funny to stick somebody with something like "Trailer Rat". It started out that you get one after a certain amount of posts, but I don't know if that's the case anymore.

vince
08-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the info Harvey.

woodbuck27
08-13-2006, 01:42 AM
This thread cannot die without a Rat Name being chosen.

What's it gonna be Woodbuck?

I'd like Outlaw Rat,

Neufie Rat doesn't work as I've never even visited the province of Newfoundland. I'm from the Province of New Brunswick.

I like Outlaw Rat or Tritt Rat. :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
08-13-2006, 09:57 AM
Well, which one?

woodbuck27
08-13-2006, 07:03 PM
Well, which one?

Outlaw Rat. :mrgreen:

Partial
08-14-2006, 03:33 PM
Woody, I don't remember when it was, but it couldn't have been more than 3 weeks ago when I said I wasn't going to let you pass me. Now, you're up by 500+

Tarlam!
08-14-2006, 04:49 PM
Just give him a friggin name.

Partial
08-15-2006, 07:11 AM

:razz: to tell you the truth I forgot about the thread. What are some of the good ones ya like?

MJZiggy
08-15-2006, 08:10 AM
Woody, I don't remember when it was, but it couldn't have been more than 3 weeks ago when I said I wasn't going to let you pass me. Now, you're up by 500+

He will pass me next week as well.

woodbuck27
08-15-2006, 10:56 AM

Working hard for the Forum! :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
08-15-2006, 11:02 AM

:razz: to tell you the truth I forgot about the thread. What are some of the good ones ya like?

First choice as I'm quite Irish and therefore upfront in my feelings and not always pulling the Party line / company line - and I've always fought for the little fella.

I've always been a bit of a Rebel never sacrificing my personal integrity. More an Outlaw than a Rebel.

I would like to be named:

Outlaw Rat. :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
08-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Have your way Partial - Have your joke on me. :mrgreen:

BallHawk
08-15-2006, 05:56 PM
As of now, Woody's 180 posts behind.

woodbuck27
08-15-2006, 06:11 PM
Ahhhhh Yes!

I'm the - Outlaw Rat.