PDA

View Full Version : Not like you guys have enough Vikings fodder ......

SMACKTALKIE
08-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Have at it. All I have to say is $H1T!!!!!

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

The Vikings are reportedly working out free agent Javon Walker on Friday.

As far as we know, this is Walker's first tryout since the Raiders dumped him in May. The Vikings are doing their due diligence with Percy Harvin (migraines) and Sidney Rice (hip) banged up, but Walker hasn't been an NFL caliber receiver since 2006. Knee injuries have ruined his career.

Tarlam!
08-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Hard to imagine Favre to Walker after Bert so publicly called the WR out during his holdout. Very odd.

mission
08-20-2010, 01:08 PM
I think it'd be great.

Another idiot in the Vikings locker room. The more the merrier.

Freak Out
08-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Hard to imagine Favre to Walker after Bert so publicly called the WR out during his holdout. Very odd.

Water under the bridge my friend.

Tony Oday
08-20-2010, 02:12 PM
I would be happy if I was a Queens Fan. This shows they are looking everywhere to find additions to the team to make them better. Walker was a talent and I wonder how he would fair as the 4th WR...

Smidgeon
08-20-2010, 02:29 PM
The real question is: After his tryout, will Favre sign him to a contract?

CaptainKickass
08-20-2010, 05:14 PM

I'm all for it!

Fritz
08-20-2010, 05:53 PM
I hear they're bringing Cletidus Hunt in for a tryout. And Ahmad Carroll.

Lurker64
08-20-2010, 05:59 PM
The funniest thing about the whole Javon Walker saga is that ultimately both the Packers and Walker were proven right. Walker wanted more money right now, because he knew he wouldn't necessarily be able to bank that coin later. The Packers wanted to see more out of Javon before they'd pay him serious money. Turns out, Walker only had one effective year after he was traded, in part because he shredded his knee.

mraynrand
08-20-2010, 06:00 PM
I hear they're bringing Cletidus Hunt in for a tryout. And Ahmad Carroll.

Hey, hey hey! I'm on my way!

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/Cleedeeusinuhaultruck.jpg

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/CleedeeusViking.jpg

Pugger
08-20-2010, 06:07 PM
I think it'd be great.

+1 :lol: :lol:

Fritz
08-20-2010, 08:43 PM
News flash: The Vikes are interviewing Mike Sherman for the tight end coaching position.

Joemailman
08-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Vikings have indeed signed Walker.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2010-08-23/vikings-sign-veteran-receiver-javon-walker

Tony Oday
08-23-2010, 04:39 PM
That is a decent signing for a 4th stringer

Fritz
08-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Do they need a punter? One of ours will be cut pretty soon.

Lurker64
08-23-2010, 05:19 PM

I'm not so sure. His last decent year was in 2006. He has 31 receptions for 483 yards and 1 TD in the intervening 3 seasons. That's like Taco Wallace good.

Tony Oday
08-23-2010, 06:41 PM

I'm not so sure. His last decent year was in 2006. He has 31 receptions for 483 yards and 1 TD in the intervening 3 seasons. That's like Taco Wallace good.

Well it is Favre and he has thrown to him before, he's old to not make Favre feel too old and lets face it Favre does things that elevate WR play.

Smidgeon
08-23-2010, 06:51 PM

Well it is Favre and he has thrown to him before, he's old to not make Favre feel too old and lets face it Favre does things that elevate WR play.

Plus, I hear in Minnesota, they expect Favre to prevent knee injuries too.

hoosier
08-23-2010, 06:52 PM

Even with Favre there is only so much elevating you can do with a gimp. Remember Terry Glenn?

get louder at lambeau
08-23-2010, 06:53 PM

Even with Favre there is only so much elevating you can do with a gimp. Remember Terry Glenn?

Yeah, didn't she make a Pro Bowl after leaving GB?

Joemailman
08-23-2010, 06:54 PM
Do they need a punter? One of ours will be cut pretty soon.

Not so fast. Don't you remember the year we had 2 awesome punters, so we kept them both?

Guiness
08-23-2010, 10:36 PM

Taco lives on!

Never has a guy who had a long appearance (is that right?) on the game day roster been remembered so well!

Guiness
08-23-2010, 10:38 PM

Yeah, didn't she make a Pro Bowl after leaving GB?

I think so - with the Cowboys.

He didn't play badly at all here - other than the migraines that sidelines him. I think our getting rid of him was more to do with Javon's emergence and the fact that DD was in his prime - no room/need for him.

hoosier
08-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Walker apparently had surgery in Israel with the renowned Doctor Galea (the guy who was arrested for trying to bring HGH into the country from Canada) to replace cartilage in his knee. Walker now claims that his knee is back to where it was before he hurt it in 2006. Only problem is, Dr. Galea hasn't perfected his grey matter replacement technique yet.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/15244/javon-walker-had-experimental-knee-surgery

Patler
08-24-2010, 03:45 PM
Walker apparently had surgery in Israel with the renowned Doctor Galea (the guy who was arrested for trying to bring HGH into the country from Canada) to replace cartilage in his knee. Walker now claims that his knee is back to where it was before he hurt it in 2006. Only problem is, Dr. Galea hasn't perfected his grey matter replacement technique yet.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/15244/javon-walker-had-experimental-knee-surgery

I wonder which procedure that is? I have read about several experimental ones, including one using synthetic cartilage and one using shark cartilage.

Lurker64
08-24-2010, 03:55 PM

Taco lives on!

Never has a guy who had a long appearance (is that right?) on the game day roster been remembered so well!

How could anybody forget this man?

http://www.mattietaco.com/_images/zoo.jpg

get louder at lambeau
08-24-2010, 04:09 PM

Taco lives on!

How could anybody forget this man?

http://www.mattietaco.com/_images/zoo.jpg

Is he the guy on the left or right?

packerbacker1234
08-24-2010, 04:12 PM
If he showed anything decent in the tryout, he is worth at least giving a shot, especially now that Rice is supposedly having surgery and is out half the season. That elevates Harvin to a starter, leaving the 3rd option wide open. If Javon beats out the rest, so be it. If not? It was worth at least giving it a try. Especially since his best season was with #4 in GB.

bobblehead
08-24-2010, 04:16 PM

I wonder which procedure that is? I have read about several experimental ones, including one using synthetic cartilage and one using shark cartilage.

It could also be the combination of the one where you get normal surgery and then inject about 5 IU a day of HgH for 6 months and you are good as new. It should be used all over the world, but our government has a serious irrational phobia of HgH.

My personal experience, which is completely theoretical if someone from the FDA or some other agency is reading, was that using 2 IU a day for 2 months after a shoulder scope I had a huge, fast and complete recovery....theoretically.

Fritz
08-24-2010, 05:46 PM
Did you theoretically get big muscles, too?

hoosier
08-24-2010, 07:07 PM

ESPN and NYT articles were conspicuously short on details. There is also an experimental procedure where they take out your own cartilage cells, grow them in a lab and then reinject them in the hope that the new cells will meld with the remaining cartilage. I guess the proof will be in the pudding.

Patler
08-24-2010, 07:30 PM
There is also an experimental procedure where they take out your own cartilage cells, grow them in a lab and then reinject them in the hope that the new cells will meld with the remaining cartilage. I guess the proof will be in the pudding.

Ya, I read about that one, too; but my understanding is that it takes quite a long time from beginning to positive effects. Do you know much about it?

hoosier
08-25-2010, 07:46 AM
There is also an experimental procedure where they take out your own cartilage cells, grow them in a lab and then reinject them in the hope that the new cells will meld with the remaining cartilage. I guess the proof will be in the pudding.

Ya, I read about that one, too; but my understanding is that it takes quite a long time from beginning to positive effects. Do you know much about it?

No, just what I've read online. From what I've seen, the ACI techniques that have been used in the US and Canada have not shown better results than other techniques such as microfracture surgery (which is supposed to help the knee regenerate cartilage on its own). But maybe what's-his-name in Jerusalem has something newer and better.

get louder at lambeau
08-25-2010, 10:51 AM
But maybe what's-his-name in Jerusalem has something newer and better.

Jesus? All he does is faith healing. Nothing new about that, just the power of positive thinking in naive people who desperately want to believe in something. He probably just smacked Walker in the forehead with the palm of his hand and yelled "You are HEALED!"

denverYooper
08-25-2010, 10:56 AM
Now all we need is the Williamses' suspensions to go through.

get louder at lambeau
08-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Now all we need is the Williamses' suspensions to go through.

That would be nice. Forgot about them. Where is that process at right now?

bobblehead
08-27-2010, 07:00 PM
Did you theoretically get big muscles, too?

I theoretically would have been unable to lift during that time but might have dropped 3 pounds....which I have about 20 to go.

bobblehead
08-27-2010, 07:01 PM

No, just what I've read online. From what I've seen, the ACI techniques that have been used in the US and Canada have not shown better results than other techniques such as microfracture surgery (which is supposed to help the knee regenerate cartilage on its own). But maybe what's-his-name in Jerusalem has something newer and better.

I've also read of a company in Colorado that harvests stem cells from your marrow (through the hip) and cultures them, then injects them in a series of 4? injections that has shown great promise.

hoosier
08-27-2010, 08:38 PM

I've also read of a company in Colorado that harvests stem cells from your marrow (through the hip) and cultures them, then injects them in a series of 4? injections that has shown great promise.

I would think they could just get those same cells from the peripheral blood supply. Why go digging around in the hip bone.

Patler
08-27-2010, 09:22 PM

I would think they could just get those same cells from the peripheral blood supply. Why go digging around in the hip bone.

I was told at one time that all flat bones, like the hip have a higher concentration of red marrow in adults than their round bones do and the red marrow is a better source of stem cells and other "young" cells more capable of doing what they want them to do. As a result, for some procedures, they still like to use hip marrow.

jmbarnes101
08-27-2010, 09:38 PM
Unless you have leukemia like I do in which case using hip marrow for anything is worthless.

gbgary
08-27-2010, 11:10 PM
Unless you have leukemia like I do in which case using hip marrow for anything is worthless.

good luck in your fight!

Little Whiskey
08-28-2010, 06:40 AM

good luck in your fight!

+1

HarveyWallbangers
08-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Sorry to hear about that. Hope things are going well in your fight.

Tarlam!
08-28-2010, 12:20 PM
I honestly don't know what to write.

Tarlam!
08-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Maybe your name is James Barnes. If it is, you share a great Aussie/Scotish name.

Jimmie Barnes is probabley the best rock singer Australia/Scotland ever produced.

I would dedicate to you, my respected co poster, the song "working class man". My web access is really limited these days, otherwise I would youtube it for you.

But knowing how you post, you will love it if you find it.

God speed...

imscott72
08-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Sounds like Walker is already on his way out..

http://www.rotoinfo.com/comments-latestfromTwitter-41259.html