PDA

View Full Version : Notable Notes from Monday/Tuesday Practices

vince
08-23-2010, 08:30 PM
1. TJ Lang working ahead of Giacomini at RT tonight.
2. Sam Shields working ahead of Jarrett Bush on first team kickoff coverage.
3. Brandon Underwood working ahead of Donald Lee on first team kickoff coverage.
4. Colledge continues to work with first team at LG.
5. Bryan contiues to work as the holder for Crosby.
6. Bulaga appears to have strained something and has dropped out of practice.
7. Cullen Jenkins also strained a calf apparently and dropped out.
8. Kuhn continues to get work at tailback after a solid showing on Saturday.
9. Sam Shields moves onto the number 1 punt return unit - not as a returner... as a gunner-stuffer...again ahead of Bush.

vince
08-23-2010, 08:36 PM
10. Chillar moved back inside tonight, possibly because Hawk continues to be out.
11. Jermichael Finley is a man among boys.
12. Al Harris, who was projected to possibly return tonight, was not seen anywhere.

gbgary
08-23-2010, 09:14 PM
10. Chillar moved back inside tonight, possibly because Hawk continues to be out.
12. Al Harris, who was projected to possibly return tonight, was not seen anywhere.

tgif!

Lurker64
08-23-2010, 09:44 PM
Good to see Shields doing things on ST other than return. He's really meant to be a gunner/anti-gunner, at least as a rook.

pbmax
08-23-2010, 10:46 PM
If Shields deposes Bush and Burnett/Blackmon/Peprah relegate Bigby to PUP, Skinbasket might actually experience joy for six weeks of the regular season.

pbmax
08-23-2010, 10:51 PM
JSO had Chillar inside for nickel and Hawk with limited participation. McCarthy said they wanted to get BC some snaps inside. It could possibly be at the expense of Bishop or Hawk, though.

Fritz
08-24-2010, 06:41 AM
Two things:

Not looking good for Donald Lee. The ST coach singled him out for criticism on the 54 yard Seattle return. Or so it sounds.

And if Kuhn is working at the halfback position, then this could mean the team keeps Kuhn, Hall, and Johnson. Then no Porter, Starks, or Lumpy.

Packgator
08-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Not looking good for Donald Lee. The ST coach singled him out for criticism on the 54 yard Seattle return. Or so it sounds.

No ST for Lee......makes it tough for him to stick.

mission
08-24-2010, 10:44 AM

tgif!

I want one of those shirts!

... and didn't see this thread when I made the Bush thread. Sorry.

vince
08-24-2010, 12:00 PM
No skin off my ass, mish. I'd say the possibility of Bush losing his spot is good enough news to deserve it's own trhead.

vince
08-24-2010, 12:18 PM
Bulaga is back at it today. Like that availability.
Brad Jones began practicing, but went inside after practice started.
Cullen Jenkins is out of today's practice.

BrianCarriveau Justin Harrell showing fantastic hustle in drill work vs. offensive line. Gets high fives from teammates.
MNF crew is on-site, chatting it up with players and coaches.

vince
08-24-2010, 12:20 PM
PeteDougherty Justin Harrell had 2 good rushes in 1on1s, beat center Nick MCDonald on one, RT TJ Lang on the other
Pat Lee is working ahead of Underwood as nickelback today.

mission
08-24-2010, 12:22 PM
^^ Great to hear about Harrell. I'm really, really rooting for this kid. Hope he stays healthy /brokenrecord

No skin off my ass, mish. I'd say the possibility of Bush losing his spot is good enough news to deserve it's own trhead.

Yeah, I thought it could end up right there next to the official brett thread in popularity. :lol:

get louder at lambeau
08-24-2010, 12:25 PM
PeteDougherty Justin Harrell had 2 good rushes in 1on1s, beat center Nick MCDonald on one, RT TJ Lang on the other
Pat Lee is working ahead of Underwood as nickelback today.

Good. Underwood was absolutely horrible against Seattle, and will be targeted constantly by every team until he shows that he can cover.

Tarlam!
08-24-2010, 12:33 PM
tgif!

I want one of those shirts![/quote]

C/O Tarlam!
Annastr. 6A
D-64625 Bensheim
Germany

XXL Please!

vince
08-24-2010, 12:37 PM
PackersLive Francois just blew up Quinn Johnson as he tried to pick up a blitz. Johnson cant afford to let that happen
Crosby still solid with 6 of 7 live kicking session. missed right from 43 from right hash.

packerbacker1234
08-24-2010, 04:17 PM
PackersLive Francois just blew up Quinn Johnson as he tried to pick up a blitz. Johnson cant afford to let that happen
Crosby still solid with 6 of 7 live kicking session. missed right from 43 from right hash.

Still having issues from the right hash eh? He's usually good everywhere else, but that right hash seems to give him trouble.

red
08-24-2010, 04:28 PM
good to hear about JH, maybe being on the verge of getting cut will lite a major fire under his ass

just awesome news about shields

Fritz
08-24-2010, 05:31 PM

Still having issues from the right hash eh? He's usually good everywhere else, but that right hash seems to give him trouble.

Hash of any stripe can get you into trouble.

bobblehead
08-24-2010, 07:33 PM

About that ONE miss from the right hash. This from the Jackmeoffsentinalonline:

•K Mason Crosby had a string of 20 straight makes ended (6 of 7 today). Lone miss was from 43 (right hash). He has made 29 of his last 32 (90.6%). All marks include games and practices.

I'm not ready to label him as still having trouble at this point, but if he misses another clutch game winner in the same manner I'll supply the tar.