PDA

View Full Version : Forbes: "The Bears Still Suck"

hoosier
08-26-2010, 12:33 PM
http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2010/0913/nfl-values-10-bears-chicago-football-money-midgets-midway.html

A heartwarming story of managerial incompetence and lack of imagination. A must read.

get louder at lambeau
08-26-2010, 12:47 PM
My heart does feel warmer. Does hate come from the heart?

MichiganPackerFan
08-26-2010, 01:51 PM
I've always loved the history of the Packers - Bears. I wish they would have built a stadium that represented that history. I don't hate the Bears like i do the Vikings and I don't hate bears fans as I do cubs fans (although give the bears some success and i may). I would rather have the Bears be financially successful than the cowboys or patriots. I do know that the long history of the Packers and the Bears is not without interaction and the Lore is integrally tied. I hope they are able to keep the team in the family and are not forced to sell.

green_bowl_packer
08-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Hang in there Virginia!!! Hope you live to be 100!!!

packers11
08-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Speaking of the bears. Where are those two clowns bearman an thebaddestbear or whatever his name was. I loved both of their rants about grossman then cutler being the chosen one...

red
08-26-2010, 04:15 PM
Hang in there Virginia!!! Hope you live to be 100!!!

go for the record

hoosier
08-26-2010, 04:22 PM
Speaking of Bears fans...I find it interesting to compare our resident Bears and Vikings fans. As much contempt as I have for the Vikings, I have to admit that the two or three of their fans who regularly visit here are reasonable, informed, decent posters. If they were Packer fans I would consider them normal people. The Bears fans that we occasionally see here, by contrast, tend to be loud-mouthed posters whose contributions are basically limited to repeating the same mindless pro-Bear and anti-Packer slogans. It's as if their brains had stopped developing before adolescence.

Granted, we are looking at a very small sampling here, but I can't help but wonder if those differences aren't generalizable. Are they putting something in the water around Soldiers Field?

Fritz
08-26-2010, 04:40 PM
As idiotic as Bearman's posts were, he was kinda funny and entertaining.

I think though the sample of Viking trolls and Bear trolls is too small to make generalizatons.

Fred's Slacks
08-27-2010, 05:37 PM
As idiotic as Bearman's posts were, he was kinda funny and entertaining.

I think though the sample of Viking trolls and Bear trolls is too small to make generalizatons.

You're right fritz the sample size is too small. However, the quality of the Bear fan posters on this forumn and the quality of the Viking fan posters are at oppisite ends of the spectrum. I appreciate the contribution of the few Viking fan posters we have here. The Bears posters? I am glad they're hibernating.

Fritz
08-27-2010, 06:30 PM
I dunno. They were infuriating, but to be politically inappropriate, they were infuriating the way someone's retarded little brother is infuriating.

red
08-27-2010, 07:56 PM
LOL

mraynrand
08-27-2010, 09:07 PM
As idiotic as Bearman's posts were, he was kinda funny and entertaining..

I got a kick out of it

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/Bearsdownandout.jpg

Scott Campbell
08-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Speaking of the bears. Where are those two clowns bearman an thebaddestbear or whatever his name was. I loved both of their rants about grossman then cutler being the chosen one...

The went into hiding after the Bears tanked down the stretch last year. If they win a couple, those bandwagon bums will be back. :lol: