PDA

View Full Version : I Like This Season's Packers

Tarlam!
08-28-2010, 10:45 AM
Boy, do the Packers have great problems or what? 5, count 'em F I V E starting caliber TEs. An MVP candidate for QB.

O.K., so they don't have a glamorous RB. But sheat, the OL are doing great! They have 2 great Punter prospects.

And, who do they cut? There were 11 teams represented with scouts against Indy!!

OK, they're thin at CB and LB, but only a tad.

I love this team and I can't wait for them to stick 60 points to whomever each week!!

O.K. Now, who wants the kool-aid?

ThunderDan
08-28-2010, 10:55 AM
I'm all for it.

I have been stating for more than 6 months that if the Packers solve their OL problems that the offense could break all-time NFL records.

channtheman
08-28-2010, 10:57 AM
I was thinking during the preseason game, if the Packers can just get over that 60 point hump each game, I got a pretty good feeling they will come away with the victory.

MichiganPackerFan
08-28-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm thirsty too!

http://sharetv.org/images/family_guy/cast/large/kool-aid_guy.jpg
http://s2.mcstatic.com/thumb/496765/3399037/4/flash_player/0/1/family_guy_kool_aid_man_channelsurfing_net.jpg

RashanGary
08-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Packers should be very good this year. I'm hoping we can swing a trade or two this year. We are going to be cutting a couple guys who can start in the NFL. Not good players, but a couple starters who are not weak links like Donald Lee maybe, Korey Hall and then maybe a quality lineman like EDS or a solid develpmental guy like Lang or Newhouse.

retailguy
08-28-2010, 02:51 PM
ß

I'm all for it.

I have been stating for more than 6 months that if the Packers solve their OL problems that the offense could break all-time NFL records.I have had that view for over 2 years and been criticized heavily for it at times. If the OL probs are finally over we are SB bound!

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-28-2010, 03:49 PM
They can win the super bowl. I think it just comes down to being focused all season long, playing consistent football, and staying healthy.

Joemailman
08-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Boy, do the Packers have great problems or what? 5, count 'em F I V E starting caliber TEs. An MVP candidate for QB.

O.K., so they don't have a glamorous RB. But sheat, the OL are doing great! They have 2 great Punter prospects.

And, who do they cut? There were 11 teams represented with scouts against Indy!!

OK, they're thin at CB and LB, but only a tad.

I love this team and I can't wait for them to stick 60 points to whomever each week!!

O.K. Now, who wants the kool-aid?

And you didn't even mention...Zombo!!!!

http://www.globalclimatescam.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/green-kool-aidman.jpg

HarveyWallbangers
08-28-2010, 08:27 PM
I'm down with Tarlam.

hoosier
08-28-2010, 08:30 PM
I hope they remember what happened last year after the starting offense blazed through the preseason only to come to a screeching halt when it became clear they couldn't protect Rodgers because some people didn't know how to pass protect. That particular problem may have been solved, but are there new problems about to crop up that could derail a fast start for the Packers? The porous defense we've seen in the first quarter against not only Indy but two mediocre offenses is certainly a concern. I would have hoped that, even without the benefit of exotic blitzes and even without Matthews and Harris, the defense could do better than it has done based on sheer talent.

Joemailman
08-28-2010, 10:22 PM
I don't anticipate OL problems like the Pack had last year. Tauscher on a bad day is better than Barbre. They also have some options this year that they didn't have last year if players underperform. (Daryn Colledge, that means you). That said, the intensity level picks up once the regular season starts, and sometimes things that worked in the preseason don't work so well in the regular season. I think though that what happened last season will prove to be a valuable learning lesson for this team, and they will be able to handle it.