PDA

View Full Version : Notable Cuts Around the League

vince
08-31-2010, 12:37 PM
The Bucs cut RB Derrick Ward today. I recall wanting him a couple years ago when he was available. Not sure if he has anything in the tank, but he would seem to be an upgrade over Lumpkin/Kuhn.

Wisconsinite Kole Heckendorf was cut by Seattle today.

red
08-31-2010, 12:40 PM
we haven't made any cuts yet have we?

seems odd

vince
08-31-2010, 12:43 PM
Today by 2:00 Lambeau time is the deadline I think Red.

Shawn Gore, WR from Canada was cut the other day. Four more will be announced in a couple hours.

retailguy
08-31-2010, 12:51 PM
The Bucs cut RB Derrick Ward today. I recall wanting him a couple years ago when he was available. Not sure if he has anything in the tank, but he would seem to be an upgrade over Lumpkin/Kuhn.

Wisconsinite Kole Heckendorf was cut by Seattle today.

I seem to recall a news report that he was out of shape and not practicing hard. Coaches were really disappointed in him.

I remember liking the guy who carried the load two years ago when Cadillac went down... Read a story about the difficulty he had in getting to the NFL. Really pulled for the guy, but they seem to have forgot him. Must've been a flash in the pan... since they brought Ward in through free agency to plug the cadillac hole, only to find they didn't have a hole.

red
08-31-2010, 01:01 PM

Shawn Gore, WR from Canada was cut the other day. Four more will be announced in a couple hours.

ok, thanks

so there's this cut, and then the big one this weekend?

retailguy
08-31-2010, 01:02 PM
Earnest Graham. Here's the story. Thought it was cool.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3532085

apologies for the thread jack.

vince
08-31-2010, 01:05 PM

ok, thanks

so there's this cut, and then the big one this weekend?
Right. Saturday they'll cut down to 53 from 75. Not sure why they do it that way... Why not just have the one set of cuts...?

vince
08-31-2010, 01:14 PM
No thanks to Derrick Ward.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Bucs-bounce-Derrick-Ward.html

Bucs Bounce Derrick Ward
The Derrick Ward experiment in Tampa Bay has come to an end.

Derrick Ward's short time as a Buccaneer has come to an end. Sadly, it only cost the Buccaneers $2 million per touchdown.

PewterReport.com is reporting that the six-year veteran—who turned 30-years old on Monday—has been released by the team. Ward played just one season for the Buccaneers after signing a four-year, $17 million free agent contract in 2009.

$6 million of that contract was guaranteed, which means the one rushing touchdown Ward scored in 14 starts last season came at a ridiculous price.

The move doesn’t come as a total shock. Buccaneers head coach Raheem Morris recently said that Ward had showed up to camp out of shape.

It showed, too. In three preseason appearances, Ward averaged just 2.5 yards per carry.

With Cadillac Williams as the starter, look for second-year back Kareem Huggins to step into the No. 2 role.

vince
08-31-2010, 01:25 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Texans-cut-Fred-Bennett-two-others.html

Texans cut Fred Bennett
Bennett is a 6-foot-1, 194-pound defensive back who has started 17 career games, registering 123 tackles, five interceptions, 23 pass deflections and four forced fumbles.

He intercepted three passes as a rookie, but had fallen behind the other cornerbacks on the Texans' depth chart.

"We wanted to give Fred a chance to find another job, so we made the move today," coach Gary Kubiak said. "There's no doubt in my mind and no doubt in Fred's mind that he can play in this league.
Bennett started and had a decent year as a rookie in '07. He ran a 4.47 coming out of college that year. Pretty good production. Good size.

get louder at lambeau
08-31-2010, 01:29 PM

Texans cut Fred Bennett
Bennett is a 6-foot-1, 194-pound defensive back who has started 17 career games, registering 123 tackles, five interceptions, 23 pass deflections and four forced fumbles.

He intercepted three passes as a rookie, but had fallen behind the other cornerbacks on the Texans' depth chart.

"We wanted to give Fred a chance to find another job, so we made the move today," coach Gary Kubiak said. "There's no doubt in my mind and no doubt in Fred's mind that he can play in this league.
Bennett started and had a decent year as a rookie in '07. He ran a 4.47 coming out of college that year. Pretty good production. Good size.

So why'd they cut him? Fell behind the other guys how?

Fritz
08-31-2010, 01:32 PM

Texans cut Fred Bennett

So why'd they cut him? Fell behind the other guys how?

I read that the defensive backs were doing a running drill. Bennett was slower and was in last place, behind everyone else. Then he tripped and fell. So that's how he fell behind the other guys. :D

RashanGary
08-31-2010, 01:32 PM
Sounds better than Pat Lee. Bring him in.

get louder at lambeau
08-31-2010, 01:53 PM

Texans cut Fred Bennett

So why'd they cut him? Fell behind the other guys how?[/

I read that the defensive backs were doing a running drill. Bennett was slower and was in last place, behind everyone else. Then he tripped and fell. So that's how he fell behind the other guys. :D

That's no good. At least Jarrett Bush doesn't trip and fall.

Cheesehead Craig
08-31-2010, 04:32 PM

Texans cut Fred Bennett

Well, he's not within 5-7 yards of an opposing WR either.

get louder at lambeau
08-31-2010, 04:38 PM

Texans cut Fred Bennett

That's Underwood. Bush is the one with decent coverage, but just a step slow on every pass. Or the one getting penalized.

pbmax
08-31-2010, 04:40 PM

Texans cut Fred Bennett

I think he's usually in the vincinity, but that is as good as it gets and they complete the pass. He makes a better witness than DB.

Look forward to him on Law and Order.

Joemailman
08-31-2010, 04:41 PM

Bigby, Harris and Starks on PUP. Quinn Porter on IR.

vince
08-31-2010, 04:44 PM
I think he's usually in the vincinity, but that is as good as it gets and they complete the pass. He makes a better witness than DB.

Look forward to him on Law and Order.
:lol:

vince
08-31-2010, 06:05 PM
The Chargers have claimed CB Fred Bennett off waivers, according to Adam Schefter tweeterville.

Gunakor
09-01-2010, 01:11 AM
Saturday they'll cut down to 53 from 75. Not sure why they do it that way... Why not just have the one set of cuts...?

I think it makes sense. This gives teams an opportunity to look at players cut from other teams with one preseason game left to evaluate them in their system, giving these early cuts an opportunity to catch on somewhere else and giving teams one additional method of aquiring talent to fill their rosters before the regular season begins.

vince
09-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Saturday they'll cut down to 53 from 75. Not sure why they do it that way... Why not just have the one set of cuts...?

I think it makes sense. This gives teams an opportunity to look at players cut from other teams with one preseason game left to evaluate them in their system, giving these early cuts an opportunity to catch on somewhere else and giving teams one additional method of aquiring talent to fill their rosters before the regular season begins.
I don't see it. 99% of the guys worthy of being picked up make it to the final cut with their original team anyway. If that's the idea, it doesn't work.

HarveyWallbangers
09-01-2010, 10:15 AM

I don't see it. 99% of the guys worthy of being picked up make it to the final cut with their original team anyway. If that's the idea, it doesn't work.

The cut is from 80 to 75 players, so I don't see it either. Maybe if this cut went from 80 to 60, then it would make sense.

MadScientist
09-01-2010, 12:00 PM

The cut is from 80 to 75 players, so I don't see it either. Maybe if this cut went from 80 to 60, then it would make sense.

I think it's left over from the NFL-E days when there were roster exemptions for NFL-E players that ended with the first cuts. They would go from ~90 to 70, and then they could focus on the last cuts to get down to 53.

red
09-02-2010, 09:30 AM
quentin groves is a guy on the bubble in Oakland. he was a DE in college that was converted to LB in the pro's.

he was a sack machine in college

also on the bubble in oakland is thomas howard

get louder at lambeau
09-02-2010, 01:47 PM

I think it's left over from the NFL-E days when there were roster exemptions for NFL-E players that ended with the first cuts. They would go from ~90 to 70, and then they could focus on the last cuts to get down to 53.

Good stuff, Mad. You're the only one I've seen even attempt an explanation of the strange numbers for the two cuts.

Tarlam!
09-02-2010, 02:09 PM
I really miss NFL-E.... :cry:

Fritz
09-02-2010, 02:36 PM
quentin groves is a guy on the bubble in Oakland. he was a DE in college that was converted to LB in the pro's.

Edumacate me, Red. Who is Thomas Howard?

red
09-02-2010, 04:08 PM

he was one of the big name OLB in the 2006 draft from UTEP. he went high second round to oakland

he's nothing special, but he would be a decent ILB backup. probably be better then bishop in coverage

imscott72
09-02-2010, 04:14 PM
What's funny is every year we go over the cut list from other teams and see a few individuals that could really help our team, yet TT doesn't give them even a look. I expect the same this year.

Fritz
09-02-2010, 04:17 PM
I think TT needs to send a scout to this site to learn a few things.

ThunderDan
09-02-2010, 04:21 PM
I think TT needs to send a scout to this site to learn a few things.

Who says he doesn't? :lol:

imscott72
09-02-2010, 05:32 PM
[quote=Fritz]I think TT needs to send a scout to this site to learn a few things.

Who says he doesn't? :lol:[/quote

Thompson doesn't strike me as an internet message board type guy.. :lol:

Fritz
09-02-2010, 06:13 PM
No, but he probably hired a guy who is...

I still think the Pack needs to hire Patler. Give him oversight on coaching hires. MM can't hire a guy unless Patler gives it the thumbs up.

Goodbye, Campen.

falco
09-02-2010, 08:31 PM
http://sports.rightpundits.com/wp-content/photos/Tim_Tebow_Haircut.jpg

Oh, you mean roster cuts?!?!

Tony Oday
09-02-2010, 11:16 PM
Patler = TT

imscott72
09-03-2010, 01:23 AM
Bedard seemed perplexed that both of our scouts were at the game tonight instead of out scouting other teams. Looks like we're going to go with what he have again.. :roll:

MichiganPackerFan
09-03-2010, 08:43 AM
Earnest Graham. Here's the story. Thought it was cool.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3532085

apologies for the thread jack.

Really cool story. I try not to think much about all the guys around the league who have put everything they've got into a chance to make a team. There's only so many spots and I cant imagine other leagues pay all that well.

MichiganPackerFan
09-03-2010, 08:55 AM
What's funny is every year we go over the cut list from other teams and see a few individuals that could really help our team, yet TT doesn't give them even a look. I expect the same this year.

Are you serious? Do you really think that TT and his staff don't look at these players? We're talking about the bottom of the roster of teams like the Raiders. I have no doubt that TT knows each player that is released in the league and can quickly determine whether to dismiss or investigate further. People don't get to a GM level without that.

vince
09-03-2010, 01:37 PM
The Saints have released DE Bobby McCray, one of Favre's buddy's from last year.

OLB Ricky Foley was released by the Jets.

Steelers C Justin Hartwig has been given permission to seek a trade, which clouds up any market for Spitz.

wist43
09-03-2010, 01:44 PM

he was one of the big name OLB in the 2006 draft from UTEP. he went high second round to oakland

he's nothing special, but he would be a decent ILB backup. probably be better then bishop in coverage

I think he ran a freakish 40 the year he came out, didn't he?? Seems to me, I remember he had legit speed, and good size... but if he's on the bubble in Oakland, maybe he's not a player?? I haven't followed his career.

Maybe a change of scenery helps him??? Oakland is a God-awful mess.

vince
09-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Eagles acquire OG Reggie Wells from Arizona for a 6th round pick.

vince
09-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Veteran RB Ladelle Betts was cut by the Saints.

Eagles cut RB J.J. Arrington.

vince
09-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Former Penn St. QB turned RB Michael Robinson has been cut by the Niners.

imscott72
09-03-2010, 02:11 PM
The Chicago Bears have cut second-year safety Al Afalava, according to a source familiar with the situation. Cornerback Cornelius Brown and linebacker Kelvin Smith also were cut, according to sources

imscott72
09-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Chargers just picked up Crayton for a 7th..

vince
09-03-2010, 04:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview10/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=5528270

The Crypt Keeper is reporting that...

The Browns and Bills are overloaded in the secondary. The Bills are five deep at corner and have Ashton Youboty and Reggie Corner on the bubble. The Browns have upgraded enough at corner that Brandon McDonald is on the bubble. The Broncos traded a 2010 first-round pick for cornerback Alphonso Smith, but the 2009 second-rounder is now on the bubble. The Texans could part ways with high-price cornerback Jacques Reeves.

vince
09-03-2010, 04:07 PM
He also reported in a complete shocker that...

The Packers are willing to part with either Breno Giacomini or Allen Barbre, two former draft choices.

vince
09-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Underachieving OLB Cody Brown cut by the Cardinals.

vince
09-03-2010, 04:25 PM
RB Deshawn Wynn has been informed that he's made the Saints roster.

ThunderDan
09-03-2010, 04:42 PM

I think he ran a freakish 40 the year he came out, didn't he?? Seems to me, I remember he had legit speed, and good size... but if he's on the bubble in Oakland, maybe he's not a player?? I haven't followed his career.

Oakland's D wasn't half bad last year. Any game they won was because of the D. Is BALT or PITT going to cut any OLBs?

HarveyWallbangers
09-03-2010, 04:54 PM
We mentioned three notable cuts earlier. Here's the rest of the list: LB Matt Wilhelm, K Shane Andrus, LB Mike Balogun, G Brian De La Puente, OT Matt Kopa, and DE Derek Walker, QB Jarrett Brown, DT Will Tukuafu, WR Kevin Jurovich, LB Keaton Kristick, S Chris Maragos, and WR Bobby Guillory, C Cody Wallace, DL Khalif Mitchell, TE Tony Curtis, TE Joe Jon Finley, FB Jehuu Caulcrick, and LB Bruce Davis.

We should sign TE Joe Jon Finley. Then, we'd have a JMike Finley and a JJon Finley.

imscott72
09-03-2010, 05:06 PM

Oakland's D wasn't half bad last year. Any game they won was because of the D. Is BALT or PITT going to cut any OLBs?

Their secondary was top notch, but you could run on them if I remember right..

HarveyWallbangers
09-03-2010, 05:06 PM
RB, OLB, CB, and perhaps DL. Those are the positions I'm looking at when analyzing other team's cuts. I have Lumpkin/Johnson at RB, Zombo at OLB, Bush at CB making the team right now. I think all of those guys are replaceable, if the right person gets cut from another team.

Perhaps Harrell, Wynn, and/or Wilson at DL and Peprah, Martin, and/or Blackmon at S are replaceable also. Perhaps.

I don't see us picking up a QB, WR, TE, OL, or ILB.

HarveyWallbangers
09-03-2010, 05:16 PM
T.J. Houshmanzadeh is getting cut or traded by Seattle. Not exactly what I wanted to see happen.

RashanGary
09-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Well, something is going to happen. One way or another we're going to get down to 53. With our roster being so deep at a couple positions and so shallow at a couple other positions, it makes sense that some balancing effect is going to happen before the final 53 is set.

I'll guess 2 moves.

red
09-03-2010, 06:39 PM
T.J. Houshmanzadeh is getting cut or traded by Seattle. Not exactly what I wanted to see happen.

yup, smart money says he's making a bee line to minny

imscott72
09-04-2010, 02:28 AM

Does Housh have anything left?

Brandon494
09-04-2010, 08:58 AM

Does Housh have anything left?

Yes

pbmax
09-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Bedard seemed perplexed that both of our scouts were at the game tonight instead of out scouting other teams. Looks like we're going to go with what he have again.. :roll:
They have more than two. It might be double digits if he was referring to McKenzie and Dorsey.

Fritz
09-04-2010, 09:25 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview10/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=5528270

The Browns and Bills are overloaded in the secondary. The Bills are five deep at corner and have Ashton Youboty and Reggie Corner on the bubble. The Browns have upgraded enough at corner that Brandon McDonald is on the bubble. The Broncos traded a 2010 first-round pick for cornerback Alphonso Smith, but the 2009 second-rounder is now on the bubble. The Texans could part ways with high-price cornerback Jacques Reeves.

Any of those guys a significant upgrade over Shields & Lee & Underwear?

And do any of those teams need a backup center/guard named Spitz?

retailguy
09-04-2010, 09:30 AM

Any of those guys a significant upgrade over Shields & Lee & Underwear?

And do any of those teams need a backup center/guard named Spitz?

Spitz might start on the buffalo line. I have no idea about the cb's

Fritz
09-04-2010, 09:44 AM
A corner named Corner. Cool.

packers11
09-04-2010, 11:44 AM
I've seen Alphonso Smith play... hes defiantly an upgrade over Jarret Bush... I wouldn't mind bringing this guy in

red
09-04-2010, 11:47 AM
I've seen Alphonso Smith play... hes defiantly an upgrade over Jarret Bush... I wouldn't mind bringing this guy in

the 3rd string nose tackle at west idaho technical collage of the arts is an upgrade over bush

smith is only 5-9. tiny little guy. however the asking price is a 5th rounder and denver is one of the teams interested in spitz i thnk it was

guy was a second round pick in 2009 and the broncos gave up a first rounder this year to get him

Fritz
09-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Would tedly take on a 5-9 corner? The last small corner the Pack tried was, who, Ahmad Carroll? Or Terrell Buckley?

They seem to not like smallish corners after Moss came into their nightmares. How I hated watching those games.

Patler
09-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Trevor Ford is available again. Cut yesterday.

Fritz
09-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Who is Trevor Ford, Patler?

pbmax
09-04-2010, 12:43 PM
All posts, unless indicated otherwise are cut and paste from PFT.

Let's Go Crazy - NY Giants Cuts

QB Rhett Bomar
blocking specialist tight end Bear Pascoe
tight end Scott Chandler
wide receiver Tim Brown
offensive tackle Dennis Landolt
safety John Busing
running back Gartrell Johnson, who became expendable Saturday when the team acquired the more versatile Darius Reynaud.

running back Andre Brown
tackle Guy Whimper,
defensive tackle Jay Alford,
wide receiver Derek Hagan
Quarterback Dominick Randolph;
fullback Jerome Johnson;
offensive linemen Jacob Bender, Herb Taylor, Jim Cordle and Todd Londolt
defensive linemen Tommie Hill, Alex Hall, Dwayne Hendricks and Nate Collins
defensive backs Seth Williams, Courtney Brown, Matt O'Hanlon and Sha'reff Rashad

pbmax
09-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Washington Snyders

LB Robert Henson and offensive tackle Clint Oldenburg were waived/injured.

Terrence Austin WR
Richard Bartel QB
Selvish Capers OT
Tyrone Carter S
Erik Cook G/C
Carey Davis FB
Curtis Gatewood LB
Howard Green NT
Robert Henson LB
Shay Hodge WR
Rob Jackson LB
Clint Oldenburg OT
Willie Parker RB
Chad Rinehart G/T
Ramzee Robinson CB
William Robinson OT
Anderson Russell S
Darrion Scott DE
Ryan Torain RB
Lee Vickers TE
Bobby Wade WR

pbmax
09-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Chicago Lovies

Offensive lineman Josh Beekman,
defensive lineman Jarron Gilbert,
wide receiver Juaquin Iglesias,
and.safety Al Afalava
special teams standout Tim Shaw, after they failed to trade him.
quarterback Dan LeFevour,
fullback Eddie Williams,
receivers Freddie Barnes and
Greg Mathews,
tackles James Marten and Levi Horn,
center Tim Walter,
defensive end Barry Turner,
defensive tackles Edwin Williams and Mick Williams,
linebackers Kevin Malast and Kelvin Smith,
cornerbacks Cornelius Brown and Woodny Turenne and
safeties Quentin Scott and Aaron Webster.
tight end Richard Angulo.

Brando19
09-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Dolphins cut former WVU QB Pat White.

pbmax
Baltimore Crabcakes

The following player was placed on Reserve PUP:

Reed, Ed

The following players were placed on Injured Reserve:
Hale, David (back)G/C
Harewood, Ramon (knees)T
Rodgers, Stefan (ankle)G/T
Talavou, Kelly (knee)DT

The following players were waived:
Drew, Davon TE
Fisher, Travis CB
Gerard, K.J. DB
Graham, Shayne K
Harper, Justin WR
Hawkins, Chris CB
Jones, Brad DB
Mattison, Bryan G
McClellan, Albert OLB
Reitz, Joe T
Riley, Eron WR
Smith, Troy QB
Steele, Curtis RB
Tyler, Devin T
Williams, Demetrius WR

Patler
Who is Trevor Ford, Patler?

Corner back who played for the Packers the end of last season. I think he was ahead of Underwood on the depth chart last year. Packers released him before the start of camp this year.

pbmax
09-04-2010, 12:50 PM
Carolina Best Cheerleaders In The World

QB Hunter Cantwell
tackle Rob Petitti

Guard Andrew Crumme,
linebacker Quinton Culberson,
wide receiver Trent Guy,
guard Ray Hisatake,
defensive tackle Corvey Irvin,
linebacker Mortty Ivy,
fullback Rashawn Jackson,
tight end Jamie Petrowski,
running back Dantrell Savage,
defensive back R.J. Stanford,
defensive tackle Tank Tyler,
running back Josh Vaughan,
linebacker Sean Ware,
defensive back C.J. Ware,
cornerback Brian Witherspoon,
defensive lineman Eric Moore, and
tackle Rob Petitti were all let go on Saturday.

The team also moved guard C.J. Davis, safety Aaron Francisco, and guard Duke Robinson to injured reserve.

pbmax
09-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Tampa Bay Bucs

Defensive back Brandon Anderson
Safety Vince Anderson
Running back Carlos Brown
Wide receiver Michael Clayton (as you know)
Offensive lineman Marc Dile
Offensive tackle Xavier Fulton
Defensive end George Johnson
Tight end Jeron Mastrud
Linebacker Rico McCoy
Defensive tackle Dre Moore
Defensive tackle Carlton Powell
Tight end Ryan Purvis
Center Donovan Raiola
Cornerback Derrick Roberson
Linebacker Lee Robinson
Defensive end James Ruffin
Quarterback Jevan "McShay" Snead
Fullback Rendrick Taylor
Cornerback Trae Williams

Center Jonathan Compas was waived/injured.

Basketball player-turned-offensive tackle Demar Dotson was placed on injured reserve.

Cornerback Aqib Talib was placed on reserve/suspended.

pbmax
09-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Denver Broncos

defensive lineman Jarvis Green
Darrell Reid released
defensive end Ben Garland on the reserve/military list
WR Brandon Stokley

cheesner
09-04-2010, 12:58 PM

the 3rd string nose tackle at west idaho technical collage of the arts is an upgrade over bush

smith is only 5-9. tiny little guy. however the asking price is a 5th rounder and denver is one of the teams interested in spitz i thnk it was

guy was a second round pick in 2009 and the broncos gave up a first rounder this year to get himsounds more like bad draft evaluation than a bargain to me.

Brando19
09-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Titans cut Myron Rolle.

pbmax
09-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Cincinnati Bengals

WR Matt Jones (Mort cries a single tear)

Fritz
09-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Baltimore Crabcakes

Ravens pick Cundiff over Graham for PK
Cornerback Travis Fisher
Wide receiver Eron Riley
Tight end Davon Drew
Offensive tackle Devin Tyler
Linebacker Albert McClellan
Cornerback Prince Miller
Defensive back Brad Jones

It's believed rookie draft picks Arthur Jones, a defensive tackle, and David Reed, a wide receiver, have both made the 53-man roster. Athletic, if developmental, offensive tackle Ramon Harewood remains safe as well. For now.

Wait a sec. Isn't this the guy they just traded for, from the Seahogs? Or am I thinking of someone else?

pbmax
09-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Detroit Fritzs

Caleb Campbell tweeted he is headed to PS

Cornerback Dre Bly
Defensive tackle Rob Callaway,
linebacker Caleb Campbell,
linebacker Vinny Ciurciu,
wide receiver Brian Clark,
defensive tackle Landon Cohen,
running back DeDe Dorsey,
guard Noah Franklin,
center Dan Gerberry,
kicker Steven Hauschka,
cornerback Jonathan Hefney,
tackle Jon Jansen,
cornerback Eric King,
tackle Cliff Louis,
wide receiver Michael Moore,
cornerback Paul Pratt,
cornerback T.J. Rushing,
safety Ko Simpson,
wide receiver Tim Toone and
cornerback Dante Wesley.

Running back Kevin Smith made the team, despite some speculation he could get released. He'll share backup duties with Maurice Morris.

pbmax
09-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Miami Dolphins

TE David Martin was joined on the list of cut-downs by the following players:
Defensive tackle Montavious Stanley
S Jonathon Amaya,
DT Ryan Baker,
DE Lionel Dotson,
G Ray Feinga,
LB J.D. Folsom,
T Andrew Gardner,
OL Andrew Hartline,
CB Kevin Hobbs,
FB Rolly Lumbala,
LB Chris McCoy,
DB Nate Ness,
WR Julius Pruitt,
LB Austin Spitler,
G Donald Thomas,
WR Patrick Turner,
LB Erik Walden,
S Ross Weaver and
QB Pat White.

red
09-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Titans cut Myron Rolle.

the average GPA of the whole nfl just went down by 2 full points

pbmax
09-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Cleveland Browns

receiver Jake Allen,
tackle Casey Bender,
defensive back Coye Francies,
tight end Joel Gamble,
tackle Joel Renders
receiver Syndric Steptoe.

Veteran Bobby Engram
rookie safety Larry Asante

defensive backs Chris Chancellor and DeAngelo Smith,
offensive lineman Paul Fanaika and Pat Murran,
running back Chris Jennings, and
quarterback Brett Ratliff and
veterans Scott Kooistra and C.J. Mosley.

pbmax
09-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Houston Texans

Anthony Hill on PUP
fullback Jack Corcoran
tight end Derek Fine,
linebacker Isaiah Greenhouse,
center Brett Helms,
offensive tackle Steve Maneri,
cornerback Mark Parson,
linebacker Will Patterson,
offensive tackle Cole Pemberton,
safety Nicholas Polk,
defensive tackle DelJuan Robinson,
defensive tackle Malcolm Sheppard,
offensive tackle Adam Stenavich,
receiver Derrick Townsel,
defensive tackle Mitch Unrein,
center Chris White,
receiver Bobby Williams and
safety Torri Williams.
waived/injured running back Jeremiah Johnson
CB Jacques Reeveswide receiver Andre Davis was headed to injured reserve
quarterback John David Booty

packers11
09-04-2010, 01:07 PM
thanks for the constant updates pbmax... :)

pbmax
09-04-2010, 01:08 PM
Kansas City Barbecues

Signed safety Jarrad Page

Gone
tight end Leroy Banks,
receiver Rich Gunnell,
guard/center Lemuel Jeanpierre,
tackle/guard Ikechuku Ndukwe ?conflicting report
cornerback Mike Richardson ?conflicting report
linebacker John Russell, and
guard Dan Santucci

Guard Colin Brown,
defensive tackle Garrett Brown,
defensive lineman Dion Gales,
tackle Bobby Greenwood,
guard Darryl Harris,
linebacker David Herron,
defensive tackle Derek Lokey,
safety DaJuan Morgan,
quarterback Tyler Palko,
safety Ricky Price,
wideout Verran Tucker,
linebacker Pierre Walters
running back Javarris Williams were all let go.

placed cornerback Maurice Leggett and
wideout Jerheme Urban on injured reserve.

Fritz
09-04-2010, 01:10 PM
Titans cut Myron Rolle.

I thought that guy had a shot. Maybe too much rust? Or maybe he thought too much.

imscott72
09-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Packers waived RB Kregg Lumpkin.
It's a bit of a surprise considering both James Starks and Quinn Porter are hurt. The Packers are likely going to keep three fullbacks while trying to sneak Lumpkin on to their practice squad again.
Source: Greg Bedard on Twitter

pbmax
09-04-2010, 01:14 PM
AZ Cardinals

linebacker Cody Brown is the first second round pick from the 2009 draft to get dumped. (Brown was taken No. 63 overall; he was trying to convert from a college defensive end to outside linebacker.)
linebacker Gerald Hayes on the reserve/PUP
OL Herman Johnson,
OG Tom Pestock,
RB Charles Scott,
DE Jeremy Clark,
DE John Fletcher,
OG Jonathan Palmer,
WR Ed Gant,
CB Justin Miller,
CB Trevor Ford,
WR Mike Jones,
WR Onrea Jones,
WR Isaiah Williams,
TE Anthony Becht,
OLB Stevie Baggs,
LB Monty Beisel, and
LB Mark Washington, who was waived/injured.
quarterback Matt Leinart

Waived/injured:

Running back Alfonso Smith (neck)
Linebacker Chris Johnson (ankle)

imscott72
09-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Toribio and Talley also cut..

red
09-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Titans cut Myron Rolle.

I thought that guy had a shot. Maybe too much rust? Or maybe he thought too much.

i think the coaching staff just didn't like a "smart assed" player

reading up on him before the draft it really sounded like he was just a so-so player that just got a ton of hype for being a rhodes scholar

pbmax
09-04-2010, 01:16 PM
San Fran 49ers

LB Matt Wilhelm,
K Shane Andrus,
LB Mike Balogun,
G Brian De La Puente,
OT Matt Kopa, and
DE Derek Walker,
QB Jarrett Brown,
DT Will Tukuafu,
WR Kevin Jurovich,
LB Keaton Kristick,
S Chris Maragos, and
WR Bobby Guillory,
C Cody Wallace,
DL Khalif Mitchell,
TE Tony Curtis,
TE Joe Jon Finley,
FB Jehuu Caulcrick, and
LB Bruce Davis.
Cornerback Karl Paymah
tailback Michael Robinson and
wide receiver Jason Hill

imscott72
09-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Zombo has made the team and Obiozor is cut.

imscott72
09-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Here's somebody that could return kicks for us.

Eagles waived WR/KR Chad Hall.
Hall quickly became a fan favorite in Philadelphia thanks to his toughness at 5'8/180. The Eagles need depth at wide receiver more than a kick returner though,

red
09-04-2010, 01:25 PM
TJ houshmandzadeh just got officially cut

and he says he wants to play for the queens. imagine that?

pretty boy lienart is also suppose to be cut at any time now

pbmax
09-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Steelers Cuts

tight end Eugene Bright,
guard Dorian Brooks,
tackle Kyle Jolly,
receiver Brandon London,
tight end Sean McHugh,
defensive tackle Scott Paxson,
long snapper Matt Stewart,
safety Justin Thornton,
running back Justin Vincent, and
linebacker Renauld Williams

center Justin Hartwig
linebacker Patrick Bailey
cornerback Joe Burnett,
safety Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith,
wide receiver Tyler Grisham,
defensive end Sunny Harris,
wideout Stefan Logan,
defensive tackle Steve McLendon,
fullback Frank Summers,
guard Kraig Urbik and
defensive tackle Doug Worthington.

pbmax
09-04-2010, 02:00 PM
New Orleans Saints

Jonathan "Badger" Casillas on injured reserve
placed outside linebacker Clint Ingram on the reserve/PUP list.

running back Ladell Betts,
defensive tackle Kendrick Clancy,
offensive linemen Nick Leckey and Terrence Metcalf,
defensive end Bobby McCray,
fullback Jason McKie and
quarterback Patrick Ramsey and
waived wide receiver Montez Billings,
offensive linemen Brandon Carter, Na'Shan Goddard and Jermey Parnell, linebacker Harry Coleman,
cornerback Reggie Jones,
fullback Zak Keasey
tight end Tyler Lorenzen,
defensive linemen DeMario Pressley, Jay Ross and Al Woods and
safety Chip Vaughn.

pbmax
09-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Philly Eagles

running back J.J. Arrington,
cornerback Geoff Pope,
defensive end Pannell Egboh,
defensive tackle Boo Robinson,
cornerback David Pender,
wide receiver Dobson Collins,
tight end Nate Lawrie,
offensive tackle Jeraill McCuller,
safety Anthony Scirrotto and
running back Martell Mallett.

Victor Abiamiri reserve/PUP

wide receiver Chad Hall,
wide receiver Jordan Norwood,
tight end Cornelius Ingram,
center A.Q. Shipley,
guard Dallas Reynolds
guard Fenuki Tupou,
defensive end Eric Moncur,
defensive tackle Jeff Owens,
linebacker Tracy White,
safety Macho Harris and
safety Quintin Demps.

pbmax
09-04-2010, 02:05 PM
New England Patriots

DL Damione Lewis
Offensive lineman Rich Ohrnberger
Wide receiver Darnell Jenkins

wideout Sam Aiken,
linebacker Eric Alexander,
safety Sergio Brown,
offensive lineman George Bussey,
tight end Carson Butler,
running back Thomas Clayton,
wide receiver Buddy Farnham,
offensive lineman Ted Larsen,
tight end Rob Myers,
wideout Rod Owens,
quarterback Zac Robinson,
running back Chris Taylor,
safety Ross Ventrone,
offensive lineman Thomas Welch,
linebacker Thomas Williams,
cornerback DeAngelo Willingham and
linebacker Pierre Woods.

pbmax
09-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Atlanta Falcons

fullback Dan Klecko,
center Brett Romberg,
tight end Robbie Agnone,
wide receiver Troy Bergeron,
wide receiver Tim Buckley,
running back Dimitri Nance,
center Blake Schlueter,
wide receiver Andy Strickland,
wide receiver Ryan Wolfe,
tight end Keith Zinger,
safety Rafael Bush,
safety Eric Brock,
cornerback Dominique Daniels,
cornerback Chevis Jackson,
linebacker Weston Johnson,
defensive end Maurice Lucas,
defensive end Emmanuel Stephens,
guard Jose Valdez,
linebacker Bear Woods.

The Falcons also waived-injured wide receiver Brandyn Harvey.

pbmax
09-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Minnesota Vikings

defensive back DeAngelo Wright,
fullback Ryan D'Imperio,
running back Ian Johnson,
receiver Freddie Brown,
defensive tackle Tramaine Johnson, and
cornerback Marcus Sherels.
tight end Garrett Mills
DE Mike Montgomery

Kickoff Specialist Rhys Lloyd
Wide receiver Logan Payne
Defensive end Michael Montgomery
Offensive guard Thomas Austin
Offensive tackle Chris Clark
Offensive guard Adrian Battles

The final few Vikings cuts have trickled in, via a press release from the team. They are as follows:

Safety Colt Anderson
Offensive tackle Patrick Brown
Linebacker Nate Triplett
Offensive lineman Drew Radovich
Wide receiver Marques Hamilton

pbmax
09-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Tennessee Titans

Here is a list of the players the Titans have released to get down to the 53-man limit.

DT Joe Joseph
TE Steven Pfahler
RB Alvin Pearman
QB Chris Simms
CB Tye Hill
DE Chris Harrington
T Michael Toudouze
DE Eric Bakhtiari
G Nevin McCaskill
G Nick Howell
S Myron Rolle
WR Paul Williams
DT David Howard
C Kevin Matthews
WR Dominique Edison
FB Jed Collins
RB Samkon Gado
DE Raheem Brock
LB Patrick Trahan

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Cardinals release frustrated QB Leinart, will start Anderson

red
09-04-2010, 02:18 PM
nathan vasher has been cut

i want him

pbmax
09-04-2010, 02:34 PM
He is going to Seattle I bet but tell me McCarthy couldn't turn this pumpkin into a second round pick and a good backup in the meantime.

pbmax
09-04-2010, 02:38 PM
San Diego Chargers

Wide receiver Jeremy Williams

wideout Seyi Ajirotutu,
tackle Brady Bond,
running back Curtis Brinkley,
fullback Richie Brockel,
quarterback Jonathan Crompton,
tight end Dedrick Epps,
wide receiver Richard Goodman,
center Jeff Hansen,
defensive end Derrick Jones,
fullback Bill Latsko,
center Ryan McDonald,
running back Shawnbrey McNeal,
linebacker Mike Nixon,
kicker Nick Novak,
punter Glenn Pakulak,
wideout Josh Reed,
tackle Nick Richmond,
cornerback Traye Simmons,
guard Cam Stephensen,
safety Quinton Neal,
cornerback Nashan Vasher, and
linebacker Kion Wilson.

pbmax
09-04-2010, 02:38 PM
St. Louis Rams

Offensive guard Roger Allen III
Linebacker Devin Bishop
Cornerback Antoine Thompson
Quarterback Keith Null
Linebacker Cardia Jackson
Defensive tackle Ernest Reid

Players placed on injured reserve:

Safety Kevin Payne (knee)
Offensive lineman Eric Young (knee)

Running back Chris Ogbonnaya
Fullback/Tight end Dennis Morris
Linebacker Barbie Carpenter
Wide receiver Danario Alexander
Wide receiver Brandon McRae
Offensive lineman Ryan McKee
Offensive lineman Drew Miller
Cornerback Marquis Johnson
Cornerback Quincy Butler
Defensive end Victor Adeyanju

Fred's Slacks
09-04-2010, 02:49 PM
St. Louis Rams

Offensive guard Roger Allen III
Linebacker Devin Bishop
Cornerback Antoine Thompson
Quarterback Keith Null
Linebacker Cardia Jackson
Defensive tackle Ernest Reid

Players placed on injured reserve:

Safety Kevin Payne (knee)
Offensive lineman Eric Young (knee)

The Rams have 10 more players to shed to reach 53.

Programmers hate a name like Null. That's a system error waiting to happen.

gbpackfan
09-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Cowboys waived CB/KR Bryan McCann.

McCann was impressive on returns during exhibition action. The Cowboys are also high on his ball skills, but they simply ran out of roster space for the undrafted rookie out of SMU.

Colts waived RB/KR Brandon James and WR Sam Giguere.

It looks like Devin Moore has beaten them both out for the kickoff specialist job. James was a star returner at Florida for four seasons, but Moore's numbers were superior in limited exhibition action. Giguere's best bet is to return to Canada to carve out a long career in the CFL.

A COUPLE OF GUYS FOR TT TO LOOK AT.

vince
09-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Blast from the past Samkon Gado was cut by the Titans.

packers11
09-04-2010, 02:57 PM
NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reports the Lions have acquired CB Alphonso Smith from the Broncos in exchange for TE Dan Gronkowski.

vince
09-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Mike Montgomery was cut by the Vikes.

Bossman641
09-04-2010, 03:30 PM
nathan vasher has been cut

i want him

Not so sure you do. He was terrible on the Bears and couldn't even catch on with the Chargers

pbmax
09-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Oakland Raiders

Defensive end Jay Richardson
Fullback Luke Lawton
Offensive lineman Chris Morris
Quarterback Colt Brennan
Fullback Manase Tonga
Wide receiver Shaun Bodiford
Wide receiver Todd Watkins
Tight end John Owens
Defensive end Greyson Gunheim
Offensive guard Brandon Rodd
Offensive guard Alex Parsons
Defensive end Kellen Heard
Defensive end Alex Daniels
Defensive tackle Chris Cooper
Linebacker David Nixon
Linebacker Slade Norris
Cornerback Walter McFadden (thought to be waived/injured)
Cornerback Joe Porter
Cornerback Joey Thomas
Punter Swayze Waters

packers11
09-04-2010, 03:55 PM
The Vikings have released WR Javon Walker, according to beat writer Judd Zulgad.
Source: Judd Zulgad on Twitter

Bengals released LB Abdul Hodge.
It's a surprise as Hodge has provided the Bengals with solid depth in the middle and consistent special teams value. He'll turn 28 on Thursday and can still help a team.

vince
09-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Former Packers dropping like flies.

David Martin cut by the Dolphins.

Brandon494
09-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Titans cut Myron Rolle.

damn hes a guy I really wanted before the draft.

Lurker64
09-04-2010, 04:07 PM
The Vikings cut Michael Montgomery...

The Vikings signed Michael Montgomery? Why?

Pugger
09-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Minnesota Vikings

defensive back DeAngelo Wright,
fullback Ryan D'Imperio,
running back Ian Johnson,
receiver Freddie Brown,
defensive tackle Tramaine Johnson, and
cornerback Marcus Sherels.
tight end Garrett Mills
DE Mike Montgomery

Kickoff Specialist Rhys Lloyd
Wide receiver Logan Payne
Defensive end Michael Montgomery
Offensive guard Thomas Austin
Offensive tackle Chris Clark
Offensive guard Adrian Battles

Is this the same Montgomery that was on our squad last year?

Pugger
09-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Tennessee Titans

Here is a list of the players the Titans have released to get down to the 53-man limit.

DT Joe Joseph
TE Steven Pfahler
RB Alvin Pearman
QB Chris Simms
CB Tye Hill
DE Chris Harrington
T Michael Toudouze
DE Eric Bakhtiari
G Nevin McCaskill
G Nick Howell
S Myron Rolle
WR Paul Williams
DT David Howard
C Kevin Matthews
WR Dominique Edison
FB Jed Collins
RB Samkon Gado
DE Raheem Brock
LB Patrick Trahan

Poor Samkon.

Pugger
09-04-2010, 04:21 PM

:shock:

Pugger
09-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Oakland Raiders

Defensive end Jay Richardson
Fullback Luke Lawton
Offensive lineman Chris Morris
Quarterback Colt Brennan
Fullback Manase Tonga
Wide receiver Shaun Bodiford
Wide receiver Todd Watkins
Tight end John Owens
Defensive end Greyson Gunheim
Offensive guard Brandon Rodd
Offensive guard Alex Parsons
Defensive end Kellen Heard
Defensive end Alex Daniels
Defensive tackle Chris Cooper
Linebacker David Nixon
Linebacker Slade Norris
Cornerback Walter McFadden (thought to be waived/injured)
Cornerback Joe Porter
Cornerback Joey Thomas
Punter Swayze Waters

Aren't these ex-Packers?

gbpackfan
09-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Patriots to release OLB Derrick Burgess. Should we bring him in? He has to be a better pash rusher than Zombo or Poppinga, Right? He's 32 but a part time roll would seem to work. But what do I know.

packers11
09-04-2010, 04:28 PM
The Vikings have signed T.J. Houshmandzadeh, a source tells FOX6 Sports in Milwaukee.
Source: FOX6 Sports

Brandon494
09-04-2010, 04:33 PM
The Vikings have signed T.J. Houshmandzadeh, a source tells FOX6 Sports in Milwaukee.

What a fucking joke....I fucking hate that team. :x

Pugger
09-04-2010, 04:39 PM

No chit. But they did cut J. Walker. :lol:

red
09-04-2010, 04:40 PM

just think of the fact that they will be in LA in two years and out of our lives. hell there probably won't even be football next year so this could be the last year we have to put up with those purple wearing faggy fucks

RashanGary
09-04-2010, 04:42 PM
That's a good signing for them. He can catch the ball in tight spots. He'll be Favre's favorite target.

RashanGary
09-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Now where the f is our corner?

Lurker64
09-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Eagles Cut Macho Harris and the Bills cut Joique Bell... I'd put a waiver claim on either (or both) of those guys.

pbmax
09-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Eagles Cut Macho Harris and the Bills cut Joique Bell... I'd put a waiver claim on either (or both) of those guys.
They cut Tracy White too. If we bring him back, will that end his curse of our special teams?

retailguy
09-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Now where the f is our corner?

Your corner is Jarrett Bush.

packers11
09-04-2010, 05:17 PM
www.rotoworld.com

There is an extremely shaky report from Fox6 in Milwaukuee that T.J. Houshmandzadeh has signed with the Vikings, but it has not been confirmed elsewhere and looks false.

Even FOX6 itself seems unsure of its own report, saying they can not "personally confirm nor deny" their source's claim. Which means they have no idea what they are doing. There may be fire to this smoke and the move could ultimately happen, but wait for a trusted news source to back this up before you believe anything.

Brandon494
09-04-2010, 05:20 PM

Macho Harris wouldn't be a bad pickup imo.

pbmax
09-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Detriot Lions (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=534810#534810)

Miami Dolphins (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=534812#534812)

Cleveland Browns (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=534815#534815)

Houston Texans (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=534818#534818)

Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=534821#534821)

AZ Cardinals (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=534835#534835)

San Francisco 49ers (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/templates/subSilver/images/icon_minipost.gif)

Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=534863#534863)

New Orleans Saints (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=534886#534886)

Philadelphia Eagles (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=534889#534889)

New England Patriots (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=534891#534891)

NY Giants (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=534789#534789)

Washington Redskins (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=534791#534791)

Chicago Bears (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=534793#534793)

Baltimore Ravens (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=534795#534795)

Carolina Panthers (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=534797#534797)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=534798#534798)

Denver Broncos (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=534801#534801)

Cincinnati Bengals (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=534807#534807)

Atlanta Falcons (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=534897#534897)

Minnesota Vikings (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=534903#534903)

Tennessee Titans (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=534904#534904)

San Diego Chargers (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=534940#534940)

St. Louis Rams (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=534941#534941)

Oakland Raiders (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=534984#534984)

New York Jets (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=535039#535039)

Buffalo Bills (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=535090#535090)

Jacksonville Jaguars (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=535187#535187)

Indianapolis Colts (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=535189#535189)

Seattle Seahawks (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=535197#535197)

T.B.A. (http://tba.com)

T.B.A. (http://tba.com)

pbmax
09-04-2010, 05:26 PM
New York Jets

S Emanuel Cook,
FB Jason Davis,
C Robby Felix,
S Keith Fitzhugh,
LB Ricky Foley,
WR Brooks Foster,
T Dan Gay,
LB Tim Knicky,
DE Jason Lamb,
LB Boris Lee,
LB Josh Mauga,
LB Cory Reamer,
LB Brashton Satele,
CB Bo Smith,
DT Ty Steinkuhler,
G Charlie Tanner,
WR Larry Taylor,
G Chet Teofilo,
NT Martin Tevaseu,
T Michael Turkovich and
S Donovan Warren.

pbmax
09-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Tracy White traded to the Patriots from the Eagles. And his curse of the Packer's Special Teams will continue.

hoosier
09-04-2010, 06:22 PM
www.rotoworld.com

There is an extremely shaky report from Fox6 in Milwaukuee that T.J. Houshmandzadeh has signed with the Vikings, but it has not been confirmed elsewhere and looks false.

Even FOX6 itself seems unsure of its own report, saying they can not "personally confirm nor deny" their source's claim. Which means they have no idea what they are doing. There may be fire to this smoke and the move could ultimately happen, but wait for a trusted news source to back this up before you believe anything.

The online version of Star Tribune has an article stating that the Vikings have no interest in Housh. It's time stamped from earlier this afternoon, but they haven't taken it down either.

red
09-04-2010, 06:27 PM

i traded for him in madden last year and he kicked ass

retailguy
09-04-2010, 06:29 PM

too bad madden isn't real.

red
09-04-2010, 06:31 PM
www.rotoworld.com

The online version of Star Tribune has an article stating that the Vikings have no interest in Housh. It's time stamped from earlier this afternoon, but they haven't taken it down either.

pro football talk agrees that they haven't signed him

Vikings have not signed Houshmandzadeh
Posted by Mike Florio on September 4, 2010 7:04 PM ET
So as I walked out of 30 Rock after proclaiming to the Notre Dame halftime audience that neither the Bengals nor the Vikings are interested in receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh, I started to get e-mails from readers regarding a report from FOX 6 in Wisconsin, which cited a source who said that Houshmandzadeh had joined the Vikings.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, it hasn't happened.

The source didn't say that it would never happen, but it hasn't happened yet.

Houshmandzadeh was a hot commodity in March 2009, generating big-money offers from the Vikings, Seahawks, and Bengals. But the football-watching world quickly learned that T.J. loves him some him -- and that he loves to talk about how much he wants the ball.

Not coincidentally, the market for his services has gone dry.

red
09-04-2010, 06:33 PM

yup, i was also able to trade kampman to baltimore for michael oher AND terrell suggs

i'm soo much better than TT

pbmax
09-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Buffalo Bills

center Sean Allen,
running back Andre Anderson,
running back Joique Bell,
quarterback Levi Brown,
guard Kirk Chambers,
defensive end Rashaad Duncan,
fullback Rodney Ferguson,
center Christian Gaddis,
tight end Andrew George,
wide receiver James Hardy,
tackle Nick Hennessey,
wide receiver Chad Jackson,
cornerback Ellis Lankster,
guard Andre Ramsey,
wide receiver Naaman Roosevelt,
cornerback Lydell Sargeant,
running back Chad Simpson,
guard Jason Watkins, and
linebacker Donovan Woods.

The team also placed safety Jon Corto on the PUP list and waived/injured Derek Schouman.

pbmax
09-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Brian Brohm made the Bills after reports he was going to hit the street to make room for another late round QB pick.

retailguy
09-04-2010, 06:44 PM
thanks for posting these PB. I still don't see the Packer cuts much less anyone elses. I guess I don't know where to look.

pbmax
09-04-2010, 06:48 PM
thanks for posting these PB. I still don't see the Packer cuts much less anyone elses. I guess I don't know where to look.

Packers are in their own thread here:

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=535081#535081

See next post for a Table of Contents plus links for the other teams.

falco
09-04-2010, 06:50 PM
PB, any link to a breakdown of the Packers 53 as they stand now?

pbmax
Here is everyone else:

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=535037#535037

pbmax
I haven't seen one. JSO hasn't even mentioned the Packers press release of the cuts.

falco
09-04-2010, 06:51 PM
I haven't seen one. JSO hasn't even mentioned the Packers press release of the cuts.

Thanks; I'm sure I could calculate it myself based upon the cuts, but I'm lazy so will wait until someone else does the work. I'm guessing the team website will be updated shortly.

retailguy
09-04-2010, 07:10 PM

Bedard was complaining on Twitter that the cuts had been announced but he hadn't seen the press release by email....

green_bowl_packer
09-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Packer related from PFT.com

Chase Coffman cut before ever playing a snap for Bengals
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 4, 2010 8:07 PM ET
Taken in the third round of the 2009 draft as the most productive pass-catching tight end in NCAA history, Chase Coffman won't ever play a regular season snap for the Bengals.

The team cut him on Saturday after he struggled with a foot injury, and then blocking as a pro. It's sad to see him dumped, but this can't be a surprise for anyone that watched Hard Knocks last year. Coffman was lucky not to get cut then.

The Bengals also waived/injured fullback Fui Vakapuna and waived Abdul Hodge. (Man, Tebow's power is far-reaching.) We mentioned Matt Jones was waived earlier. Here are the rest of the Bengals cuts:

Kicker Dave Rayner, guard Isaac Sowells, safety Marvin White, defensive tackle Orien Harris, safety Kyries Hebert, tight end Darius Hill, running back James Jones, defensive tackle Clinton McDonald, safety Rico Murray, wide receiver Maurice Purify, wide receiver Dezmon Briscoe, guard Otis Hudson, tackle Gabriel Manns, safety Jeromy Miles, linebacker Vincent Rey, tackle Chris Rodgers, cornerback Johnny Sears, and fullback Joe Tronzo.

Mike Nugent won the team's kicker battle. Wide receivers Quan Cosby and Jerome Simpson both made the team.

Old School
09-04-2010, 07:42 PM
These are the ex Packer cuts I've found.
Abdul Hodge
Shaun Bodiford
Joe Porter
Joey Thomas
Javon Walker
David Martin

Tracy White was traded from the Eagles to the Pats.

digitaldean
09-04-2010, 08:14 PM
He may only be a stop-gap (and probably a mediocre one at that), but Dre Bly was cut by the Lions.

Wouldn't he at least be a 1/4 step up from Bush???

digitaldean
09-04-2010, 08:31 PM
See that Ruvell Martin got cut by the Seachickens.

Also some of the hyped QB talent from a few yrs ago that haven't stayed on their NFL rosters:
JP Losman (Seattle)
Chris Simms (Titans)
Pat White (Fins)
Colt Brennan (Raiders)

What's the over/under on Tebow's life span in the NFL??

get louder at lambeau
09-04-2010, 08:44 PM

He isn't? Is he just a really fat stupid android?

MOBB DEEP
09-04-2010, 09:04 PM
www.rotoworld.com

pro football talk agrees that they haven't signed him

Vikings have not signed Houshmandzadeh
Posted by Mike Florio on September 4, 2010 7:04 PM ET
So as I walked out of 30 Rock after proclaiming to the Notre Dame halftime audience that neither the Bengals nor the Vikings are interested in receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh, I started to get e-mails from readers regarding a report from FOX 6 in Wisconsin, which cited a source who said that Houshmandzadeh had joined the Vikings.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, it hasn't happened.

The source didn't say that it would never happen, but it hasn't happened yet.

Houshmandzadeh was a hot commodity in March 2009, generating big-money offers from the Vikings, Seahawks, and Bengals. But the football-watching world quickly learned that T.J. loves him some him -- and that he loves to talk about how much he wants the ball.

Not coincidentally, the market for his services has gone dry.

oops, didnt realize u cats already discussed this

do u all have lives? lol jus kidding; i realize some ppl live and die with pro sports, fantasy leagues, etc...

PACK V VIKES IN NFCCG

pbmax
09-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Jacksonville Jaguars

S Gerald Alexander
LB Alvin Bowen,
DT Atiyyah Ellison,
G Kynan Forney,
LB Tony Gilbert,
LB Teddy Lehman,
DL Jeremy Navarre,
RB Kolby Smith,
CB Scott Starks,
TE Ernest Wilford,
WR Troy Williamson and
LB Rod Wilson.
DT Walter Curry,
WR Clarence Denmark,
WR John Matthews,
OT Daniel Baldridge,
TE Mike Caussin,
QB Trevor Harris,
RB Chad Kackert,
DT Ko Quaye and
C Bradley Vierling

pbmax
09-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Indianapolis Colts

DE Ervin Baldwin,
QB Tom Brandstater,
DE John Chick,
TE Colin Cloherty,
DT Marlon Favorite,
DB Ray Fisher,
WR Sam Giguere,
DB Danny Gorrer,
DB Ashton Hall,
WR Brandon James,
RB Javarris James,
DB-Terrail Lambert,
OT Chris Marinelli,
C Adrian Martinez,
DB Mike Newton,
RB Allen Patrick,
DB Glenn Sharpe,
DB Terrell Skinner,
WR Taj Smith,
OT Adam Terry,
LB Vuna Tuihalamaka,
WR Blair White
OT James Williams.

Between waiving those 23 players and acquiring Justin Tryon in a trade with the Redskins, the Colts have gone from 75 players to the 53-man limit.

pbmax
09-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Seattle Seahawks

T.J. Houshmandzadeh and J.P. Losman wound up being the only big-name Seahawks veterans to get cut on Saturday.

defensive tackle Amon Gordon,
linebacker Tyjuan Hagler,
wide receiver Brandon Jones,
wideout Ruvell Martin,
and defensive end James Wyche.

safety Jamar Adams,
cornerback Marcus Brown,
center Jeff Byers,
guard Mitch Erickson,
cornerback Cord Parks,
linebacker Joe Pawelek,
tackle Jacob Phillips,
defensive tackle Quinn Pitcock,
running back Louis Rankin,
defensive end Rob Rose,
tackle Joe Toledo, and
tackle Nick Tow-Arnett.

pbmax
09-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Here is everyone else:

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=535037#535037
Just to keep it on the last page.

HarveyWallbangers
09-05-2010, 12:30 AM
Anybody know if Gilbert might be a better fit as a 3-4 DE. He's 6-5 285--which is ideal size for 3-4 DE.

Chicago Bears

The team cut its top two picks from 2009—defensive end Jarron Gilbert(notes) and wide receiver Juaquin Iglesias(notes)—both of whom were third-round picks.

Gilbert had two sacks and a forced fumble in the final two exhibitions but was beaten out by Henry Melton(notes) and rookie Corey Wootton(notes). Coaches regarded Gilbert as a 'tweener"—too big for end in the Bears' system and too tall and light for tackle.

I'm scared shitless about nickel. Sure would be nice to get a veteran corner that had a little left in the tank. Not sure Dre' Bly would fit that description.

get louder at lambeau
09-05-2010, 01:26 AM
Anybody know if Gilbert might be a better fit as a 3-4 DE. He's 6-5 285--which is ideal size for 3-4 DE.

Wouldn't that be ideal size for a 4-3 DE?

Lurker64
09-05-2010, 02:03 AM

Chicago Bears

The team cut its top two picks from 2009—defensive end Jarron Gilbert(notes) and wide receiver Juaquin Iglesias(notes)—both of whom were third-round picks.

Gilbert had two sacks and a forced fumble in the final two exhibitions but was beaten out by Henry Melton(notes) and rookie Corey Wootton(notes). Coaches regarded Gilbert as a 'tweener"—too big for end in the Bears' system and too tall and light for tackle.

Gilbert has the perfect 5-tech body, which is why it was weird when the Bears took him. I haven't watched him play much for the Bears (he's mostly played in the preseason, and why would I watch Bears preseason games), but if he's looked even halfway decent in terms of functional strength, motor, and athleticism, I'd probably be willing to cut Wilson for him.

pbmax
09-05-2010, 07:56 AM
I'm with Harv. For six weeks, we get to see if Shields, Bush, Lee or Underwood can finally grasp the position while games count.

That didn't work last year. I think at best we might find a CB in these 9 pages that might fit a specific need, ie. can only play inside at the slot. Or something like that.

Fred's Slacks
09-05-2010, 08:20 AM

Chicago Bears

Gilbert has the perfect 5-tech body, which is why it was weird when the Bears took him. I haven't watched him play much for the Bears (he's mostly played in the preseason, and why would I watch Bears preseason games), but if he's looked even halfway decent in terms of functional strength, motor, and athleticism, I'd probably be willing to cut Wilson for him.

I remember being excited about this guy leading up to the draft. Isn't he the guy who jumped out of the pool? Anyway, he would seem like a guy to look at. Melton and Wooton where decent prospects so its not like he got beat out by trash. I just don't know if he's got the strength to hold the point at 5 tech.

imscott72
09-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Seattle just cut RB Julius Jones and DB Jordan Babineaux..Babs would look nice in the nickel package..

Brando19
09-05-2010, 09:22 PM
The Jets cut former Packer draft pick WR David Clowney. This guy has matured alot since being cut by the Packers. He is suuuuuper fast. Perhaps this could be our return guy? I hope we give him a look.

Fritz
09-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Wonder why they cut Clowney? I thought he was developing into a deep threat for them?

Obviously not. Did he have a problem hanging on to the ball, or running routes, or what?

Brando19
09-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Wonder why they cut Clowney? I thought he was developing into a deep threat for them?

Obviously not. Did he have a problem hanging on to the ball, or running routes, or what?

I don't know, Fritz. I was wondering the same thing. I didn't watch many Jets games last year, but Clowney made the highlights on Sportscenter a good bit with some deep catches. He is a fast son of a gun.

pbmax
09-05-2010, 09:40 PM

They wanted him more consistent on kick/punt coverage. No mention of returning in the article linked to from PFT.

pbmax
09-05-2010, 09:54 PM
2009 fifth-rounders get deep-sixed at surprising pace (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/05/2009-fifth-rounders-get-deep-sixed-at-surprising-pace/)
Posted by Mike Florio on September 5, 2010 8:01 PM ET
To help build interest in the late rounds of every draft, the NFL points out that the Patriots found quarterback Tom Brady in round six.

In the future, the league probably shouldn't mention as each selection process approaches the fate of the fifth round of the 2009 draft.

Tipped off by a league source to the high rate of failure from round five a year ago, we pulled up the full list and checked the website of each team. By our count, 18 of the fifth-round selections currently aren't on the 53-man roster or injured reserve list for the teams that picked them.

That leaves only 19 (including five supplemental picks) who are on either the roster or IR.

Gone from the rosters are Falcons defensive back William Middleton (No. 138 overall), Chiefs tackle Cody Brown (No. 139), Cowboys defensive back DeAngelo Smith (No. 143), Bills linebacker Nic Harris (No. 147), Ravens tight end Davon Drew (No. 149), Giants quarterback Rhett Bomar (No. 151), Eagles tight end Cornelius Ingram (No. 153), Bears linebacker Marcus Freeman (No. 154), Buccaneers tackle Xavier Fulton (No. 155), Eagles defensive back Macho Harris (No. 157), Redskins linebacker Cody Glenn (No. 158), Eagles tackle Fenuki Tupou (No. 159), Rams receiver Brooks Foster (No. 160), Packers tackle Jamon Meredith (No. 162), Cardinals guard Herman Johnson (No. 167), Steelers defensive back Joe Burnett (No. 168), Steelers running back Frank Summers (No. 169), and Patriots tackle George Bussey (No. 170).

pbmax
09-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Its probably not as unusual as PFT and their source suggest, given that its the fifth round. Meredith, for instance, is still the backup Left Tackle for the Bills. He hasn't exactly fallen out of the league.

Fritz
09-06-2010, 07:27 AM
So Meredith is still backing up? Wonder if he's developing into starter material?

Patler
09-06-2010, 07:40 AM
So Meredith is still backing up? Wonder if he's developing into starter material?

He is listed as #2 at LT this year, after playing at RT for them last year. What little I have found from the off season, they seem satisfied with him so far.

Lurker64
09-06-2010, 08:29 AM

He is listed as #2 at LT this year, after playing at RT for them last year. What little I have found from the off season, they seem satisfied with him so far.

It also bears mentioning that the Bills OL is really very bad, especially at tackle.

Guiness
09-06-2010, 11:47 AM

They wanted him more consistent on kick/punt coverage. No mention of returning in the article linked to from PFT.

He was frequently mentioned as one that we let 'get away.' I guess he wasn't all that.

Fritz
09-06-2010, 05:17 PM
And Ted has not rushed in to claim the guy. Has anyone?

Patler
09-06-2010, 05:37 PM

He was frequently mentioned as one that we let 'get away.' I guess he wasn't all that.

I watched one show of "Hard Knocks" and the coaches were discussing Clowney. One said, "But Clowney can.....(blah, blah)..." The other said, "When has he ACTUALLY DONE it. We keep expecting him to, and he never does."

It sounded like his days were numbered.

Brandon494
09-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Id rather have Clowney over Swain, still can't believe we tried to hide him on the PS.