PDA

View Full Version : Roster Moves

denverYooper
08-31-2010, 04:41 PM
Al Harris, Atari Bigby, and James Starks to PUP
Quinn Porter to IR

Joemailman
08-31-2010, 04:43 PM
I'm thinking Jarrett Bush survives again.

pbmax
08-31-2010, 04:46 PM
PUP prior to final cutdown, is that the move that costs him six reg season games OR is this just an accounting maneuver that can be reversed before the start of the season?

Now that I think about it, to make the first six games I think you need to be on PUP prior to training camp. Damn. Football needs retroactive PUP and IR.

get louder at lambeau
08-31-2010, 04:52 PM
PUP prior to final cutdown, is that the move that costs him six reg season games OR is this just an accounting maneuver that can be reversed before the start of the season?

Now that I think about it, to make the first six games I think you need to be on PUP prior to training camp. Damn. Football needs retroactive PUP and IR.

Pretty sure they are out the 6 games at this point.

MadScientist
08-31-2010, 05:08 PM

The three on the PUP are out for the first 6 weeks. They were on the active/pup for the entire preseason which was reversible.

If they go to the extended season with extended rosters, I hope they consider an IR that can be reversed after 10 games (possibly with a limit to the number of players on it).

vince
08-31-2010, 05:22 PM
DB Depth

Safety
Colins
Burnett

Peprah
Martin
Blackmon (knee)
Levine

Corner
Woodson
Williams

Shields
Underwood (shoulder problem)
Lee
Bush

Anybody concerned?

Tony Oday
08-31-2010, 05:25 PM
Not really in TT I trust.

Joemailman
08-31-2010, 05:25 PM
http://www.norcalblogs.com/dog/alfred_e_neuman.jpg

get louder at lambeau
08-31-2010, 05:26 PM
DB Depth

Safety
Colins
Burnett

Peprah
Martin
Blackmon
Levine

Corner
Woodson
Williams

Shields
Underwood (shoulder problem)
Lee
Bush

Anybody concerned?

I am. Especially at corner. If I'm a team playing the Packers, it's all 4 wide receiver sets and target the scrubs until the vets come off PUP.

vince
08-31-2010, 05:30 PM
I'm beginning to think Peprah makes this squad. Martin and Blackmon concern me at safety.

get louder at lambeau
08-31-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm beginning to think Peprah makes this squad. Martin and Blackmon concern me at safety.

Peprah and Bush are almost locks at this point, IMO.

RashanGary
08-31-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm thinking we're going to add secondary help some way before the season.

RashanGary
08-31-2010, 05:37 PM
DB's were my big concern after the draft. Looks like that turned out about as I expected it.

vince
08-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Yup. OLB isn't in great shape either with Matthews and Jones iffy with injuries and Poppinga and a non-drafted rookie FA basically starting in their place....

Tony Oday
08-31-2010, 05:45 PM
Think we could trade Spitz for an established CB?

RashanGary
08-31-2010, 05:48 PM

I'd consider James Jones or Donald Driver even. Make Finley a WR and keep a bunch of TE's.

Tony Oday
08-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Just switch Jones to CB :)

Joemailman
08-31-2010, 05:50 PM

I suspect we'll find out. Not sure about established, but someone with more experience than Underwood, Lee or Shields. Spitz doesn't really have a set role here, so he should be available to anyone looking for a G/C.

Tony Oday
08-31-2010, 05:51 PM
Or Pick up Ty Law and Mike Mckenzie :)

vince
08-31-2010, 05:57 PM
Patriots (Leigh Bodden to IR) and Vikings (Sapp swapped for WR and now Chris Cook - projected starter with a torn meniscus) are also very thin and CB and expected to be in the market to add able bodies.

Brandon494
08-31-2010, 06:12 PM

I'd consider James Jones or Donald Driver even. Make Finley a WR and keep a bunch of TE's.

Now your just getting crazy :D

No way do we trade Donald Driver if we are serious about making a run for the title.

James Jones maybe but even then I rather keep our big 4 recievers.

If anyboy I would trade Donald Lee, Spitz, or Bishop for a solid nickel back.

Brandon494
08-31-2010, 06:15 PM
Patriots (Leigh Bodden to IR) and Vikings (Sapp swapped for WR and now Chris Cook - projected starter with a torn meniscus) are also very thin and CB and expected to be in the market to add able bodies.

Ravens also lost their top two CBs for the season and are also very thin a at CB.

The big different between those teams and the Packers is that they get pressure on the QB which helps their CB play.

vince
08-31-2010, 06:21 PM
You speak the truth.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Ravens-acquire-Josh-Wilson-from-Seahawks.html

Ravens Acquire Josh Wilson from Seahawks
OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- The Baltimore Ravens addressed their need for a cornerback, acquiring Josh Wilson from the Seattle Seahawks for a conditional 2011 draft pick.

"Josh is someone who has started a lot of games for a young player, plus he has been a good special teams player both as a kick returner and in coverages," general manager Ozzie Newsome said. "He adds depth to our secondary and will help us. Pending his physical, we expect Josh to be taking snaps against the Jets on opening night."

The former University of Maryland player is heading into his fourth NFL season.

He started 11 games last season, returning two interceptions for touchdowns.
Here's what PFF has to say.

J Wilson allowed 488 yards of catches, for 10.6 YPC, 0 TDs, and had 9 PDs and a pair of picks. Baltimore just improved a weakness
and

Our data shows Josh Wilson was by far Seattle's best CB last year with a +6.2 PFF rating, and the only SEA CB to score well in coverage

Opposing QBs had a 71 QB rating throwing into Wilson's coverage in '09. No other SEA corner was under 100

Brandon494
08-31-2010, 06:24 PM
You speak the truth.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Ravens-acquire-Josh-Wilson-from-Seahawks.html

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- The Baltimore Ravens addressed their need for a cornerback, acquiring Josh Wilson from the Seattle Seahawks for a conditional 2011 draft pick.

"Josh is someone who has started a lot of games for a young player, plus he has been a good special teams player both as a kick returner and in coverages," general manager Ozzie Newsome said. "He adds depth to our secondary and will help us. Pending his physical, we expect Josh to be taking snaps against the Jets on opening night."

WTF Why couldnt we get this guy? :evil:

retailguy
08-31-2010, 07:22 PM
My guess is because we weren't willing to give up a high enough draft choice.

I think we've gotta see if the guys we got can play. But I agree with whoever said you line 'em up 4 wide and go after the young guys. That's what I'd do.

In Dom we trust, I guess.

Fritz
08-31-2010, 07:39 PM
I wonder if Blackmon is in trouble. It sounds like his knee is an ongoing issue. Maybe they keep Peprah and Martin for their special teams value and keep Chery to replace Blackmon?

It sure would help the situation if Blackmon's knee wasn't acting up. You could keep only the four receivers and thus keep four tight ends.

I'm very disappointed in Pat Lee.

vince
08-31-2010, 07:44 PM
I could see that too. Here's hoping Chery shines on Thursday.

get louder at lambeau
08-31-2010, 07:47 PM
I could see that too. Here's hoping Chery shines on Thursday.

I'll drink to that. :glug:

Fritz
08-31-2010, 07:56 PM
We hope that Chery pops.

red
08-31-2010, 08:37 PM
I wonder if Blackmon is in trouble. It sounds like his knee is an ongoing issue. Maybe they keep Peprah and Martin for their special teams value and keep Chery to replace Blackmon?

i'm guessing that's exactly why chery is going to get all the returns thursday

i'd like us to pick up come CB that has some nfl experience. underwood, lee and shields have almost none between the three of them

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-31-2010, 08:43 PM
Did we put Bell on IR a little to soon? I actually thought he had the most potential out of all our back ups. What was his injury again I don't remember. Man we really need Bigby and Harris back.

HarveyWallbangers
08-31-2010, 10:48 PM

That analysis for Wilson is kind of funny because I was watching some program (maybe the Vikes vs. Seahawks), and they were dogging the guy. I was kind of surprised--because I remembered him being an early round draft pick.

Lurker64
08-31-2010, 11:00 PM
You speak the truth.

Josh Wilson is 5'9", I'm pretty sure that Thompson didn't want him. Even Ron Wolf never drafted CBs below 5'10", Thompson's line appears to be 5'11" based on his drafting tendencies.

MJZiggy
09-01-2010, 06:20 AM

That analysis for Wilson is kind of funny because I was watching some program (maybe the Vikes vs. Seahawks), and they were dogging the guy. I was kind of surprised--because I remembered him being an early round draft pick.

Draft status is erased after a pretty short time once they get on a team. Lots of early round guys bust hard.

Fritz
09-01-2010, 07:04 AM
Which appears to be what Pat Lee is doing.

And with several other teams thin at CB, trading for a serviceable one is going to cost you more than it otherwise might. Does this mean TT could get a fourth for Jarrett "Effin'" Bush?

retailguy
09-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Which appears to be what Pat Lee is doing.

And with several other teams thin at CB, trading for a serviceable one is going to cost you more than it otherwise might. Does this mean TT could get a fourth for Jarrett "Effin'" Bush?

Bush is now making this team, I'm afraid, and as much as it pains me to say it, we're going to need him. :x

I see pics on PFT of Bush with toast for hands, ala Jason David of the saints from a couple of seasons ago.

Hopefully Dom has a plan!

Lurker64
09-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Bush is now making this team, I'm afraid, and as much as it pains me to say it, we're going to need him. :x

I see pics on PFT of Bush with toast for hands, ala Jason David of the saints from a couple of seasons ago.

If we Blitz with Jarret Bush every single play he is on the field, he will never screw up in coverage... or at least he's much, much, much less likely to screw up in coverage.

MJZiggy
09-01-2010, 08:30 PM

As long as it doesn't include oven mitts, I think I'd be fine with it.

Joemailman
09-01-2010, 11:05 PM
McGinn reports several teams have expressed an interest in Giaco. That could happen. http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/102033543.html

Looks like Barbre will probably be cut with an injury settlement.

Lurker64
09-01-2010, 11:25 PM
McGinn reports several teams have expressed an interest in Giaco. That could happen. http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/102033543.html

Man, if we could get any substantive asset for Giaco (say, a conditional 7th round pick in 2012), I would be pretty excited.

vince
09-02-2010, 08:53 AM

Man, if we could get any substantive asset for Giaco (say, a conditional 7th round pick in 2012), I would be pretty excited.
Those sound like words from Breno's agent.

Tarlam!
09-02-2010, 09:15 AM
I'll be so damned surprised if anyone is on the 53 man roster that is not already on the 75 man roster.

TT loves "his" guys.

falco
09-02-2010, 09:39 AM
I'll be so damned surprised if anyone is on the 53 man roster that is not already on the 75 man roster.

TT loves "his" guys.

I don't think that's a fair statement. He's picked up a lot of guys off waivers in the past.

Maybe some of 'his' guys going into the draft didn't make it on 'his' team, so he'll grab them if he has an opportunity.

Tarlam!
09-02-2010, 11:45 AM
I wasn't trying to be facetious! I REALLY think TT likes this 75 and he will take 53 of them with him into the season.

I know he makes trades, but I don't know that there are any players out there than any of "his" players. That's not a criticism, just my opinion.