PDA

View Full Version : Free agent WR Rashaun Woods

OKC PackerFan
08-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Should the Pack bring this guy in if he can pass a physical? I thought he was a good WR in college, don't know why he can't make it in the NFL. I think his size fits the WCO.

NFL | Woods has bad hamstring pull
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 18:14:26 -0700

During his press conference, Denver Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan said free agent WR Rashaun Woods (hamstring) failed his physical because of a hamstring pull and he was unable to practice at this time. Shanahan added, "Until a player is ready to practice full speed, they don't pass the physical. Right now we are not really sure on how long he is going to be out. He's got a bad hamstring pull, he doesn't feel comfortable with it and we had an MRI on it so the chances are, unless we lost somebody, that he will not come back."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos | Woods fails physical
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 15:03:11 -0700

The Denver Broncos have announced that WR Rashaun Woods (Chargers), whom the team claimed off waivers from the San Diego Chargers, failed his physical and is not a member of the team.

Joemailman
08-03-2006, 08:54 PM
If he has a bad hamstring pull, I don't think he'll be playing football anytime soon.

HarveyWallbangers
08-03-2006, 10:46 PM
No. He's a stiff. If he couldn't get it done on the worst receiving corps in football (San Fran), why would we want him?

Partial
08-03-2006, 11:21 PM
No. He's a stiff. If he couldn't get it done on the worst receiving corps in football (San Fran), why would we want him?

Always gotta remember though, we were very close to cutting favre at one point. I liked him in college, Oklahoma state right? I only saw two or three games with him, but he looked the part as I recall.

I say bring him in for a look when he gets healthy. It cannot hurt anything.

HarveyWallbangers
08-03-2006, 11:39 PM
Partial, you have to be young. We were NEVER close to cutting Favre. He almost got benched once. We traded a 1st round pick for him and he made the Pro Bowl his first year in Green Bay. What makes ou think we were close to cutting him?

Partial
08-03-2006, 11:42 PM
I read it somewhere that he almost did not make the Packers during his first TC with them. It was directly from Wolfe's mouth. He thought he made a big mistake initially. Boy, was he wrong.

Bretsky
08-03-2006, 11:46 PM
Partial,

I think you are gettting him mistaken for another player; Wolf loved that deal from the start.

B

Partial
08-03-2006, 11:46 PM
Maybe I read that wrong then. Let me see if I can find the article.

update - holy crap that is a lot on favre! Anyway, do any of you guys rememer 1991 and the camp that he had? Didn't he have a pretty dissapointing camp?

HarveyWallbangers
08-04-2006, 12:03 AM
Maybe I read that wrong then. Let me see if I can find the article.

update - holy crap that is a lot on favre! Anyway, do any of you guys rememer 1991 and the camp that he had? Didn't he have a pretty dissapointing camp?

For the Falcons. He was traded to Green Bay in 1992. Made the Pro Bowl in his first year here.

God I'm old, and so is Favre. There are Packer fans that don't know the "Favre Story" inside and out.
:D

Bretsky
08-04-2006, 12:06 AM
IF you haven't bought the book Favre, be sure to get a copy of his DVD that comes with it. Must see for the Favre fans.

Partial
08-04-2006, 12:38 AM
Right, I know he had a very good first year. I believe it was in camp where he was far from impressive, atleast at the start. He obviously won the back-up spot so he couldn't have had too awful of a camp.

the_idle_threat
08-04-2006, 01:06 AM
I remember being surprised that he was put in after Majik Man got hurt. I was watching the game with my Dad, and remember saying something to the effect of "Who's this new guy ... and why does he get the nod over the Heisman winner (Ty Detmer) we have sitting on the bench?" Of course, by the end of the game, I was much more impressed.

Partial
08-04-2006, 08:21 AM
aha! I wonder if he was in fact third on the depth chart for some of the season. I swear I read a quote saying he was close to not making the team after his first camp, that there was a 4 man quarterback competition and he did not look good at all, and wasn't picking up the offense quick enough.

Again, I could be wrong. I am pretty convinced I saw this article, though. Whether the article was credible or true I know not, though.

HarveyWallbangers
08-04-2006, 08:59 AM
Give it up partial. :D

I don't care how bad he played in camp. They had just traded a 1st round pick a few months prior to the season to get Favre. No GM, not even Ron Wolf, would think about cutting a guy in those circumstances--especially one that was so raw in Atlanta. I think you read something that said he was close to being benched, and remembered it as he was close to being cut.

woodbuck27
08-04-2006, 10:22 AM
I remember being surprised that he was put in after Majik Man got hurt. I was watching the game with my Dad, and remember saying something to the effect of "Who's this new guy ... and why does he get the nod over the Heisman winner (Ty Detmer) we have sitting on the bench?" Of course, by the end of the game, I was much more impressed.

the_idle_threat ? Do you re-call who caught that game winning pass?

"But I tell you this, when (Don) Majkowski went down and that No. 4 ran onto the field (in 1992), he had no experience, either." Jason Wilde

from his ( Jason Wilde's ) Article in July:

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/index.php?ntid=91572&ntpid=1

GO PACKERS !!

the_idle_threat
08-04-2006, 11:26 AM
I'm afraid I have no direct recollection, my friend.

However, I recall the name Sanjay Beach from a writeup I read maybe a year ago. Was he the guy, or was the Beach article referring to something else?

woodbuck27
08-04-2006, 11:52 AM
In 1992, in his second NFL season and his first with the Green Bay Packers, Favre came off the bench to relieve Don Majkowski and threw a game-winning touchdown pass. He made his first start the next week.

Beginning the 1992 season as the understudy to incumbent Majkowski, he was hastily summoned from the bench to replace an injured Majkowski (ankle) in the first quarter of Game 3 vs. Cincinnati (Sept. 20) and proceeded to take a stranglehold on the QB position, staking an immediate claim by leading the Packers to an electrifying, come-from-behind, 24-23 victory over the Bengals, forged by way of a 35-yard scoring pass to wideout Kitrick Taylor with only 13 seconds remaining in the game

PACKERS !!

the_idle_threat
08-04-2006, 11:55 AM
I was* close!!!

*NOT

woodbuck27
08-04-2006, 11:58 AM
I was* close!!!

*NOT

Hard name to re-call. :mrgreen: