PDA

View Full Version : Trade Rumor

No Mo Moss
04-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Broncos / Rumor alert: Lelie leaving
Sun, 9 Apr 2006 08:20:30 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports on rumor making the rounds is the Denver Broncos trading WR Ashley Lelie. Two teams mentioned as potential destinations are the Green Bay Packers and San Francisco 49ers. At this point all of the talk is just that, talk. It's unclear if there is any connection between this talk and Lelie's decision to skip the first week of the Broncos' offseason workout program to work out on his own in Arizona. Lelie is entering a contract year and he could leave Denver as a free agent after the 2006 season.

Broncos / Rumor alert: Trading up in the NFL Draft
Sun, 9 Apr 2006 08:14:14 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports one rumor making the rounds is the Denver Broncos packaging their No. 15 and No. 22 picks in the first round of the NFL Draft to move up to No. 5 (Green Bay) or No. 6 (San Francisco) to take Maryland TE Vernon Davis, whose football ability, size and speed make him an off-the-charts NFL prospect. Interest from Denver makes sense, because the Broncos need a tight end and a playmaker, but there are reasons Denver might not want to trade up that high. The Broncos might not want to pay a player as much as a top-five pick would earn. Denver likely would rather spread its money between two first-round picks.

I Might think about this one.

Bretsky
04-09-2006, 12:45 PM
That would be interesting. Green Bay could probably get Carpenter at #22 and Greenway at #15.

No Mo Moss
04-09-2006, 12:52 PM
I'd rather take Bunkley / Ryans with #15 and Marooney/ White at #22 then Address LB in the 2nd. Then pick up another TE and go OL, LB, CB, FB with the rest.

Partial
04-09-2006, 01:47 PM
I would not want to trade at all. Two players combined there will not have the impact of an AJ Hawk.

I would trade down in the second though, and add Davin Joseph. They really should man up and trade for Faine. That OL is respectable then, with plenty of picks to spare and allocate towards depth/returner.

Bretsky
04-09-2006, 02:24 PM
I would not want to trade at all. Two players combined there will not have the impact of an AJ Hawk.

I would trade down in the second though, and add Davin Joseph. They really should man up and trade for Faine. That OL is respectable then, with plenty of picks to spare and allocate towards depth/returner.

Why they don't trade for Faine is beyond me; TT seems to overvalue his own players IMO.

woodbuck27
04-09-2006, 03:06 PM

Why they don't trade for Faine is beyond me; TT seems to overvalue his own players IMO.

Yup that is a mystery to me also. A 4th for Jeff Faine looks like a no brainer.

Rastak
04-09-2006, 03:13 PM

I agree, seems like a good deal given all the circumstances.

Maybe they think Mangold will be there at #37?

woodbuck27
04-09-2006, 03:19 PM

Rastak. I can't see TT going OL in the second round but 4th yes! That makes that trade automatic for me regarding what Jeff Faine brings to the table.

gureski
04-09-2006, 03:21 PM

The reason you don't make the trade for Faine right now is that they want a 4th rounder as compensation. Our 4th rounder this year happens to be extremely valuable. This is a deep draft. I read the Kiper chat from a couple days ago and Kiper states that this is one of the deepest drafts in his memory. He stated clearly that there are high grade players that will fall into the early 4th round.

So, that's why you don't see a rush to trade our 4th for Faine. That 4th rounder is way to valuable right now. Why not wait til after the draft and then, if necessary, trade next years 4th rounder for Faine? Next years 4th rounder wont likely have the value that this years did.

Rastak
04-09-2006, 03:33 PM

The reason you don't make the trade for Faine right now is that they want a 4th rounder as compensation. Our 4th rounder this year happens to be extremely valuable. This is a deep draft. I read the Kiper chat from a couple days ago and Kiper states that this is one of the deepest drafts in his memory. He stated clearly that there are high grade players that will fall into the early 4th round.

So, that's why you don't see a rush to trade our 4th for Faine. That 4th rounder is way to valuable right now. Why not wait til after the draft and then, if necessary, trade next years 4th rounder for Faine? Next years 4th rounder wont likely have the value that this years did.

I hear what you are saying but what C will be available in round 4 that is better than Faine? It's like Harvey indicating Burleson was worth more than a 3rd. I agree you can't draft someone as good in round 3. Therefore I think Seattle was smart and so would Green Bay.

BTW, if the draft is as deep as Kiper things, it might behoove TT to trade down in the 2nd round and get an additional 1st day pick.

packrulz
04-09-2006, 04:24 PM
I would take the Denver trade but I'd rather swap picks with Oakland or Arizona for an extra 2nd rounder. TT would still get a top 10 pick and an extra upper 2nd round pick.

Bretsky
04-09-2006, 04:28 PM
I would take the Denver trade but I'd rather swap picks with Oakland or Arizona for an extra 2nd rounder. TT would still get a top 10 pick and an extra upper 2nd round pick.

I could see Arizona, but Oakland is not going to fork over a second to move up two spots to get a guy they don't think GB or SF is going to draft.

And I hate our selection at the #10 pick compared to our #5. Hawk and Davis would be gone as well as Young, who I consider the 7th best player. Huff, who I don't love, would probably be gone as well so we'd be looking at the second tier of talent and second best players at their respective positions where we need help.

Patler
04-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Faine for a fourth SOUNDS like a good deal, but this is a player that has ended every season of his career so far on injured reserve. That has to be a bit of a concern.

I could very well see Faine as part of a draft day trade with someone. No real reason for it to happen before then.

Rastak
04-09-2006, 04:57 PM
I could very well see Faine as part of a draft day trade with someone. No real reason for it to happen before then.

True, unless someone else pulls the trigger first....

gureski
04-09-2006, 05:54 PM
"I hear what you are saying but what C will be available in round 4 that is better than Faine? It's like Harvey indicating Burleson was worth more than a 3rd. I agree you can't draft someone as good in round 3. Therefore I think Seattle was smart and so would Green Bay.

BTW, if the draft is as deep as Kiper things, it might behoove TT to trade down in the 2nd round and get an additional 1st day pick"

end quote

Who says we have to pick a center with our 4th round pick? In order to say that Faine will be better then any center left in the 4th round you'd have to first have made up your mind that Center is what the team is picking in the 4th round. I don't agree. I think they can pick up a really good player at another position in the 4th round that will improve the team AND go with White or Wells at Center and still be better then if they just trade our 4th for Faine and have nothing to show for that pick.

The bad thing about trading down this year early is that our picks are so good this year. It would have to be a very good trade to go down this year in the early rounds. (1-4). I also wish to point out that the top rated center is listed as a late first rounder. It's absolutely possible that the Packers (with some luck) could have a shot at the top center in the draft at their 2nd round pick. The guys name eludes me right now but it is possible that we could have a starting O-lineman that is top notch at his position sitting there for us with that second round pick.

And Seattle was only smart in that Burleson move because their 3d rounder is 1 pick away from being a 4th rounder. It's a late late late third rounder. The Packers 4th rounder is so early that it's almost a late 3d rounder. The Seahawks are looking for the final pieces to a championship team and are picking late. The Packers are filling holes and have early picks. Two completely different situations.

Deputy Nutz
04-09-2006, 06:34 PM
I would deal Javon Walker to Denver, for Lelie and a second rounder. Lelie isn't a very skilled wide reciever but he can catch the deep ball and make plays down the field.

Patler
04-09-2006, 06:44 PM
I would deal Javon Walker to Denver, for Lelie and a second rounder. Lelie isn't a very skilled wide reciever but he can catch the deep ball and make plays down the field.

His four year totals of 168 receptions for a 17.9 yards per catch average would be an interesting addition, especially if the Packers were to still have the services of a strong armed QB in 2006!