PDA

View Full Version : NFC Top Contenders

Tony Oday
09-02-2010, 11:59 AM
1. NO Added starters to the front of the defense with the addition of Brown and Wilkerson so should be a little better against the run. Number one pick Patrick Robinson should help in the secondary but looks like Sharper will not be back and if he is he is a week 6 addition with thoughts of him going on PUP.

The offense is stellar and is capable of overcoming anything that the defense cannot stop. With Drew Brees, the talented WR corp and solid RBs this team should contend again and should be the early favorite

2. GB We all know about the Packers. Kick ass offense with a BIG question on who will be the nickle and dime DB. Pass rush could alos be a problem however Dom is a guy that seems to be able to get the most out of talent so if CMIII doesnt slump and Jones can put together a solid season the Packers can contend with the best of them and will not see NO until the playoffs.

3. MN This is one of the best if not THE best front 4 in football. Can pressure the QB and stone the run. EJ Henderson seems to be a medical freak and is back after breaking his freaking femur. The way you attack the Vikings is throw the ball and after this week that job just got MUCH easier. Chris Cook, the stud rookie, looks to be banged up and will miss the opener. Lito Sheppard cannot keep up with the Saints WR. If Asher Allen cannot step up this team could get TORCHED because the safties are not good enough to cover the mistakes that will be made by their 2,3 and 4th DBs.

This team will rise and fall how much the Silver Lemur can get out of a WR corp that has Rice, the primary threat, gone for 6 weeks on the PUP and really when will he be back to form? Harvin is not the problem that the media has made him to be, he only missed one game last year. Other than Harvin there is an inconsistent Berrian, Over the Hill Walker and untested, but looked sharp, Camarillo. My guess is Camarillo is the breakout WR for Favre this year. AP will again put up monster numbers and will get the fumbles down to about 3 lost this year.

4.Dallas. This is a sexy pick to contend but this preseason has been a disaster. Where as the media thought the marriage between Chad Johnson and T.O. would be a disaster the real disaster is former first round disappointment Roy Williams and upstart Dez Bryant who hasn't played live football since last year. Romo lost his saftey blanket at LT this offseason and has lead an abysmal offense this preseason.

This defense will have to step it up and have a great year if the offense struggles out of the gate. Ware, Ratliff and Newman will have to get their defensive units going to hold the opposition down until Romo and the guys can figure out the proper mix on offense

Fritz
09-02-2010, 01:07 PM
What about Atlanta? Are they due to make a reappearance on the national stage?

Tony Oday
09-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Hotlanta seems to be a sexy underdog type pick but really are they going to do anything if Turner gets hurt again? The could WC it.

The one that is intriguing for me is the 49ers. Solid 3 stud-superstar talent at three skill positions, tough defense could be their year.

I was actually just going for the top 4 and it seems like most of the top teams have trouble in the secondary.

Tarlam!
09-02-2010, 02:21 PM
The one that is intriguing for me is the 49ers. Solid 3 stud-superstar talent at three skill positions, tough defense could be their year.

I don't know if he can teach football, but their HC is a man's man. I'd play for him until I spewed my intestines out.

Fritz
09-02-2010, 02:35 PM
And if you played for him you would spew your intestines out.

Tarlam!
09-02-2010, 02:49 PM
And if you played for him you would spew your intestines out.

And that's what I miss from the Packers coaching staff.... which is why I started that thread...

Fritz
09-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Isn't that Kevin Greene? Maybe in three years or so he's a defensive coordinator somewhere.

NFL players will be gladly spewing their intestines for him at that point. Offering him their mothers, their blood, their left nuts.

mraynrand
09-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Isn't that Kevin Greene? Maybe in three years or so he's a defensive coordinator somewhere.

NFL players will be gladly spewing their intestines for him at that point. Offering him their mothers, their blood, their left nuts.

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

falco
09-02-2010, 08:28 PM
I would love to see Rodgers beat the Cowboys in the playoffs (or in Dallas). Something old #4 could never do.

packerbacker1234
09-02-2010, 08:41 PM
I would love to see Rodgers beat the Cowboys in the playoffs (or in Dallas). Something old #4 could never do.

That's hard to do when dallas couldn't even win a game in the playoffs themself for like, a decade.

falco
09-02-2010, 08:43 PM

That's hard to do when dallas couldn't even win a game in the playoffs themself for like, a decade.

Not when you have 3 consecutive chances when you're in the prime of your career. :roll:

HarveyWallbangers
09-02-2010, 08:57 PM
I like San Fran. Talent all over. They just need a decent, not even great, year out of Alex Smith.

MichiganPackerFan
09-03-2010, 08:29 AM

I don't know if he can teach football, but their HC is a man's man. I'd play for him until I spewed my intestines out.

Yeah, I respected the hell out of him as a player and just as much as a HC

ThunderDan
09-03-2010, 09:18 AM

We had to go to Dallas every year in the early and mid-90s to advance in the playoffs and couldn't get the job done.

It brings up one of my worst memories.

When I use to live in Pensacola, FL, GB was playing DAL in the playoffs and down south it is very pro-Cowboys. I found one person who was going to root for the Packers and I asked him why. And this is a real quote, "I am rooting for the Packers because the niggers on their team know there place. The niggers on Dallas think they run the team."

My response was, "John, please don't root for the Packers." And I never spent time with him again outside of work.

mraynrand
09-03-2010, 09:27 AM
I like San Fran. Talent all over. They just need a decent, not even great, year out of Alex Smith.

They worry me. I can see them playing with a Denver SB XXXII attitude all year long.

bobblehead
09-03-2010, 09:32 AM
1) GB

2) NO

3) SF

4) ???

I am not sold on Minnesota, Favre looks like the tired old BF that came in out of shape is going to toss a MOUNTAIN of picks and blame it on not having any receivers. The defense will keep them in games, but I could really see 10-6 or 9-7 from them. Dallas may break out, maybe you could argue the did last year, but until they prove it I can't go with a perennial 10-6 type team. Romo is not elite in my book.

Tarlam!
09-03-2010, 09:33 AM
"I am rooting for the Packers because the niggers on their team know there place. The niggers on Dallas think they run the team."

My response was, "John, please don't root for the Packers." And I never spent time with him again outside of work.

O M G !!!!

Good choice on your part.

Tarlam!
09-03-2010, 09:39 AM

They worry me. I can see them playing with a Denver SB XXXII attitude all year long.

That HC they got is gold.