PDA

View Full Version : "They Will Play But Not in Green Bay" Thread

Smidgeon
09-03-2010, 09:19 AM
This is the thread for predicting which Green Bay cuts will land with another team.

I predict, barring a trade, that whichever TE is cut (likely Crabtree) will sign with Philadelphia.

bobblehead
09-03-2010, 09:27 AM
I'm going to say Qunn Johnson is on that list. We aren't a power running team and he isn't good enough on special teams. There are teams in the league that will value his thump, but we aren't it.

He may have beaten Hall or Kuhn if his ST play got better but by all accounts it didn't. Good by Mr. Johnson, hope we can land a 7th for you.

vince
09-03-2010, 09:36 AM
I'll say Toribio.

Joemailman
09-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Graham Harrell will be signed off the Practice Squad, but may stay in the division.

bobblehead
09-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Ok, was just thinking it over and I think its possible Quarless is cut and tried to sneak through to the PS as well.

Logically who is more valuable, Crabtree, a blocking TE who is solid on ST, or Quarless a receiving TE who is poor on ST?

We are all assuming Quarless makes it on potential, but honestly, he was only a 5th round pick. TT has waived them before.

I'm not sure he will play elsewhere, but I am thinking he doesn't make the 53.

vince
09-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Quarless has been pretty active on special teams from what I've seen. I wouldn't call him "poor" anyway.

That's a great call Joe. Cutler goes down for the count eh?

imscott72
09-03-2010, 11:02 AM
Graham Harrell will be signed off the Practice Squad, but may stay in the division.

This is my pick as well. No way he sticks to the PS.

Joemailman
09-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Brett Favre will play, but not with the Packers. He may stay in the division.

Tarlam!
09-03-2010, 11:33 AM
I think the Aussie punter did well enough to get an NFL gig, albeit not in Green Bay.

I'm happy for him and will root for his team - except when they play the Pack!

Fritz
09-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Graham Harrell, yes. They won't be able to hide him.

I'd keep him on the 53 if the team thinks he's a legitimate NFL backup. You could, y'know, keep only two fullbacks and three tight ends.

QB's are valuable.

retailguy
09-03-2010, 12:56 PM
You could, y'know, keep only two fullbacks and three tight ends.

Huh? Where you been? The latest fad is 3 fb's and 4 te's.

what's wrong with you? :P

HarveyWallbangers
09-03-2010, 03:37 PM

How many of the 7 FBs/TEs are on our top special teams units (return and coverage teams)? We need to improve special teams. If they have to do it by carrying an odd number of FBs and TEs, then I'm all for it. On a side note: it's a reason I don't really care if they cut Johnson or not. He's not on the top special teams units, so I don't see the need in carrying another FB--even if he were to become the best FB in the league in a couple of years. Lee's getting run with the first special teams units. Havner, Hall, and Kuhn are some of our best special teams guys. I doubt Quarless is that good on special teams, but he has too much potential to cut.

retailguy
09-03-2010, 07:00 PM

How many of the 7 FBs/TEs are on our top special teams units (return and coverage teams)? We need to improve special teams. If they have to do it by carrying an odd number of FBs and TEs, then I'm all for it. On a side note: it's a reason I don't really care if they cut Johnson or not. He's not on the top special teams units, so I don't see the need in carrying another FB--even if he were to become the best FB in the league in a couple of years. Lee's getting run with the first special teams units. Havner, Hall, and Kuhn are some of our best special teams guys. I doubt Quarless is that good on special teams, but he has too much potential to cut.

Harvey, I have no issues with the roster breakdown, it's a little unconventional, but I've come to expect it from Ted. The bottom of the roster doesn't play anyhow.

It was an attempt at HUMOR... hence the smiley. Chill my friend.

bobblehead
09-03-2010, 07:24 PM

Harvey, I have no issues with the roster breakdown, it's a little unconventional, but I've come to expect it from Ted. The bottom of the roster doesn't play anyhow.

It was an attempt at HUMOR... hence the smiley. Chill my friend.

anyway, you are wrong....its going to be FIVE TE's and 3 FB's.

RashanGary
09-06-2010, 07:33 AM
Havner
Toribio
EDS
Lumpkin
Obi

Playing else where.