PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Underwood is out indefinitely with a shoulder injury

packers11
09-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Packers DB Brandon Underwood is out indefinitely with a shoulder injury.

Underwood was pushing for the nickel job, but that gig is going to go to rookie free agent Sam Shields now. It's an area of concern for the Packers with Al Harris (reserve/PUP, knee) also out.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

shit... 2 cbs out now... I hope he goes on the PUP and comes back when Harris does...

Joemailman
09-03-2010, 11:40 AM
He isn't eligible for PUP. They either put him on the roster, cut him, or put him on IR for the year.

Tony Oday
09-03-2010, 11:41 AM
So Lee and Bush make it?

Fritz
09-03-2010, 11:46 AM
By the ill luck of other players, it seems.

retailguy
09-03-2010, 12:57 PM
So Lee and Bush make it?

I think Lee is really vulnerable right now in Week 7. I think we're stuck with Bush for one more year.

The only thing that saves Lee? Underwood to IR.

imscott72
09-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Not that Underwood was very impressive in camp, but the secondary is a complete mess.

wist43
09-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Not that Underwood was very impressive in camp, but the secondary is a complete mess.

My number one complaint in the offseason... TT's lackadaisical approach to addressing what was to me, and others, a position that obviously needed attention. Neal looks like a player... so that helps a little, but really, CB, and the secondary overall are very shaky.

Let's hope Shields holds up... but he's going to have a huge bullseye on his back.

Tony Oday
09-03-2010, 06:32 PM

My number one complaint in the offseason... TT's lackadaisical approach to addressing what was to me, and others, a position that obviously needed attention. Neal looks like a player... so that helps a little, but really, CB, and the secondary overall are very shaky.

Let's hope Shields holds up... but he's going to have a huge bullseye on his back.

That will just help him win DROtY!!!

RashanGary
09-03-2010, 07:53 PM

After the draft, a few of us saw this coming.

Brando19
09-03-2010, 08:05 PM
I say ship a couple players we were going to cut or barely make the roster and a 1st round draft pick to the Jets for Revis....if we can afford him. We should be all in for a Super Bowl trip this year.

rbaloha1
09-03-2010, 08:27 PM
I say ship a couple players we were going to cut or barely make the roster and a 1st round draft pick to the Jets for Revis....if we can afford him. We should be all in for a Super Bowl trip this year.

Hawk, Colledge and Spitz for Revis

Brando19
09-03-2010, 08:45 PM

Love it...and throw in Donald Lee if they want him.

Brandon494
09-03-2010, 09:01 PM

That trade wouldnt even pass in madden. Not one of those three players would even start for the Jets. Jets aren't going to trade Revis, he work out a deal 2 weeks into the season.

gbgary
09-03-2010, 10:35 PM
...the secondary is a complete mess.

i'll bet this forces tt to make a trade. revis maybe? who/what could be given up to get him? would you give up matthews?

Tarlam!
09-04-2010, 12:36 AM
Revis??? OK, dreaming is for free, right.

bobblehead
09-04-2010, 06:28 AM
...the secondary is a complete mess.

i'll bet this forces tt to make a trade. revis maybe? who/what could be given up to get him? would you give up matthews?

OK, dreaming right? How about 2 firsts, a shitload of money to get him to report, and throw in Babre to make it more fair for us.

Fritz
09-04-2010, 08:43 AM
What is this called? Rosterbation?

pbmax
09-04-2010, 08:51 AM
By the ill luck of other players, it seems.
I risked most of my credibility on the Colledge fan club thread. Someone else is going to need to predict the salvation of Bush or Lee. :lol:

Fritz
09-04-2010, 09:27 AM
I'll go with Jarrett Bush. What the heck.

retailguy
09-04-2010, 09:28 AM

You start a jarrett bush fan club thread, and I will personally drive to detroit and kill you.

Fritz
09-04-2010, 09:47 AM
I'm not a fan. I'm just saying he's got a better chance to do well then Lee. But I read that Lee is naturally reticent. Maybe as he gets more comfortable he'll play better.

pbmax
09-04-2010, 10:38 AM

You start a jarrett bush fan club thread, and I will personally drive to detroit and kill you.
Careful, that's almost the exact way the Feds got Mike Vick.

If Fritz was a dog.

Fritz
09-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Aren't al men dogs, after all?

falco
09-04-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm no Jarret Bush fan. I know the guy makes boneheaded plays. But I think he's a fine #4 CB, and I think we can survive if he has to be the #3 for a few games.

falco
09-04-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm no Jarret Bush fan. I know the guy makes boneheaded plays. But I think he's a fine #4 CB, and I think we can survive if he has to be the #3 for a few games.

I'm pretty sure we made the playoffs the year we started Michael Hawthorne (and eventually Ahmad Carroll) opposite Al Harris...

Patler
09-04-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm not a fan. I'm just saying he's got a better chance to do well then Lee. But I read that Lee is naturally reticent. Maybe as he gets more comfortable he'll play better.

I saw that, which seems to be inconsistent with what was written when he was drafted, that TT liked him for his physical play, press coverage ability, etc.

swede
09-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Aren't al men dogs, after all?

A woman once pointed out to me that men don't get Mad Cow disease because men are pigs.

Rastak
09-04-2010, 11:35 AM

It's funny how stuff changes. I was fine with the Vikings trading Benny Sapp then suddenly a guy goes down and you're thin.

Green bay is equally as thin. Maybe more so.

red
09-04-2010, 11:44 AM

i couldn't disagree more

he's completely horrible at tackling, we saw two great examples of that in the KC game. he has no clue in coverage, he always seems lost. not to mention the bonehead plays

you can not afford to have him on the field on defense he is just too much of a liability