PDA

View Full Version : Vikings trade Rosenfels to Giants

imscott72
09-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Wow..They must have a lot of confidence in Brett making it through the year.. :lol:

Brando19
09-03-2010, 10:08 PM
The Vikings are rolling the dice on their future. Brett declared this his last year, Jackson is playing the last year of his contract...I guess Webb will be their man if T-Jack leaves.

vince
09-03-2010, 10:12 PM
I guess the Vikes needed to save the $3 mil to pay for Favre's raise.

Scott Campbell
09-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Chilly is really something.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/15724/childress-finally-banishes-sage-rosenfels

falco
09-04-2010, 09:39 AM
:crazy:

Fritz
09-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Has Jackson really been that much worse than Rosenfels as the article suggests? Is this really about a Chilly power struggle or are the Vikes just trying to recoup some draft choices and hope that Favre stays healthy?

red
09-04-2010, 10:50 AM
i'd like ras's take on this

could chilly be done after this year along with breef. from an outsider he looks like an absolute joke of a head coach

falco
09-04-2010, 10:53 AM

could chilly be done after this year along with breef. from an outsider he looks like an absolute joke of a head coach

Doubt it. Despite his appearance as a buffoon, he's been successful. Division champ last 2 years, made it to NFC championship game last year.

Tarlam!
09-04-2010, 11:08 AM
[quote="red"]i'd like ras's take on this
/quote]

Yup. I want Ras.

Rastak
09-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Greetings guys.

I would have cut T-Jack myself. That having been said, I was pretty surprised they traded Reynaud in the deal. That dude can play.

Still haven't heard of the compensation yet. Gil Brandt said a 5th next year and a conditional pick in 2012 but that hasn't been confirmed.

Reynaud certainly sweetened the deal for the Giants. I would have wanted a 4 for those guys but we'll see. I'll be interested to see if they put Cedric Griffin on PUP (I'm guessing not) and if they pick up a corner that gets cut for depth.

Fritz
09-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Well, from what other posters said the Bills, Browns, and Broncs all have corners available.

green_bowl_packer
09-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Couldn't this be because Rosenfelds was the media leak in the "I'm done" Favre texts?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/22/some-think-sage-rosenfels-was-jason-coles-source/

PFT seems to claim that SR outplayed TJ as well.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/04/former-vikings-beat-writer-raises-interesting-theory-on-rosenfels-trade/

They traded for him and he was slated to be the starting QB for MN before, you know who came back. Maybe he was tired of being jacked around by chilly?

Patler
09-04-2010, 01:03 PM
They traded for him and he was slated to be the starting QB for MN before, you know who came back. Maybe he was tired of being jacked around by chilly?

I remember when he was signed, and thanked the Vikings for giving him the opportunity to be the starting QB. They yanked that out from under him. How could he not want out?

mngolf19
09-04-2010, 04:45 PM

No chance. He wins, why would you remove him? And he has been stating all along that they would not keep 4 QBs and that Jackson was above him on the depth chart. Don't know why this is surprising to anyone. And Seifert is going off of stats alone to make his judgement. He's also stating what the "idiot" fans like to blurt out all the time. "Chilly would rather keep his pet project over the better QB". Yeah right. :roll:

Lurker64
09-04-2010, 04:52 PM

No chance. He wins, why would you remove him? And he has been stating all along that they would not keep 4 QBs and that Jackson was above him on the depth chart. Don't know why this is surprising to anyone. And Seifert is going off of stats alone to make his judgement. He's also stating what the "idiot" fans like to blurt out all the time. "Chilly would rather keep his pet project over the better QB". Yeah right. :roll:

I think Chilly will absolutely get another year after this one, but I think that's pretty much all he's guaranteed (within reason... if he gets caught stabbing hookers to death, he's gone right now). If the Vikings fall short of their lofty expectations this year, and regress notably next year without the grey man... entirely possible he's looking for a new job.

pbmax
09-04-2010, 04:54 PM

I think Chilly will absolutely get another year after this one, but I think that's pretty much all he's guaranteed (within reason... if he gets caught stabbing hookers to death, he's gone right now). If the Vikings fall short of their lofty expectations this year, and regress notably next year without the grey man... entirely possible he's looking for a new job.
What about just stabbing to wound? 4 game suspension? :lol:

Rastak
09-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Vikings kept 10 defensive lineman and 4 receivers.

They are really deep on the DL and I'm guessing they'll make a move on a WR and a CB before Thursday.

retailguy
09-04-2010, 05:56 PM

They are really deep on the DL and I'm guessing they'll make a move on a WR and a CB before Thursday.

Any truth to the TJ rumors?

pbmax
09-04-2010, 06:09 PM

Florio at PFT is up with a not yet report.

retailguy
09-04-2010, 06:19 PM

Makes too much sense for it not to happen, but don't you hope he falls on the way to the airport and breaks his leg?

pbmax
09-04-2010, 06:21 PM

Makes too much sense for it not to happen, but don't you hope he falls on the way to the airport and breaks his leg?
It does, but he supposedly had more than one team chasing him. Which means someone is going to have to cough up some cash. Even then, Minn wouldn't surprise me.

retailguy
09-04-2010, 06:28 PM
I remember when he was a 4th string receiver in Cincy doing blog reports for espn.

He's become quite a diva since then. Kinda sad, cause I think the guy can still play and play well too.

red
09-04-2010, 06:50 PM

It does, but he supposedly had more than one team chasing him. Which means someone is going to have to cough up some cash. Even then, Minn wouldn't surprise me.

actually nobody has to pay him anything more then the vet minimum. i read yesterday that the seahawks are on the hook for the 7.5 million he was suppose to earn this year. they have to make up the difference between whatever someone else pays him and 7.5 million.