PDA

View Full Version : Which division rival do you hate the most?

Brandon494
09-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Have the Vikings passed the Bears for most GB fans?

red
09-04-2010, 05:52 PM
i don't think there's any doubt they have

from tampering with breet and that whole episode to picking up all of out castoffs to just looking like a desperate fat bitch in heat

IMO, there is no bigger slimeball organization in the nfl and i for one can't wait until they become the LA drag-queens and are way the fuck out of out lives

their whole organization could pull a marshall and you won't see me shed a tear

retailguy
09-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Well, I'm not a fan of the staff or leaders at any of the three teams. So, I'm always grateful when they step on themselves and kill their future.

Chicago has traded all their draft choices for the next few years. Minny has traded a bunch of picks and QBs in the past couple flirting with Brett. That bodes well for the next 5 years.

How can you hate the Lions? Truthfully. All of us should feel sorry for them, and be grateful they are in the division at the same time.

I didn't vote.

hoosier
09-04-2010, 06:00 PM
No brainer: the Vikings. They offer the Packers the most competition, the animosity is higher than any other team the Packers play. There is a reason that Favre didn't try to weasel his way into playing for the Bears.

If you ask me which fans I have the most contempt for, however, I think the answer might be different. And, in response to red, I for one DO NOT hope the Vikings pack up and move to LA. I think having a competetive rivalry is good for the Packers and for their fans, and the Bears and the Lions don't look like they're going to be providing much of that in the near future.

falco
09-04-2010, 06:04 PM
This might go against what I've said in previous threads about division rivals, but if the Packers are already out of the race, I could cheer for the Lions to win the big game. It's hard to even feel like their a division rival when you've beat them the last 55 games in a row.

packers11
09-04-2010, 06:49 PM
It was the Bears back when they had wrexy on their superbowl run but it defiantly turned to the vikings when Favre arrived...

Gunakor
09-05-2010, 01:50 AM
The Bears rivalry still has it's deep roots. But I think recent events have pushed the Vikings over the top in this competition. However, I think this deep hatred of Minnesota will be short lived. Not because of Favre, but because sooner or later the Vikings will be part of the NFC West. And Chicago will be our biggest rival forever once again.

wist43
09-05-2010, 06:21 AM
Vikings...

Grew up in Superior... they use Minnesota TV and radio, so even though I lived in WI, if the Packers a Vikes were on at same time, we got the Vikes - had to listen to a lot of games on the radio.

bobblehead
09-05-2010, 06:27 AM
Any poll that has hatred in it, but the Cowboys not a choice is invalid.

That being said, I went to college along the Minnesota border area so I hate them the worst every since.

Brandon494
09-05-2010, 08:22 AM
haha damn I thought atleast one person would vote for Da Bears....I guess people just feel sorry for them. :lol:

MJZiggy
09-05-2010, 09:32 AM
Normally I would vote Bears having grown up in Southern Wis. but recent events cause me to temporarily change my POV...

retailguy
09-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Normally I would vote Bears having grown up in Southern Wis. but recent events cause me to temporarily change my POV...

you voted for the LIONS? :shock:

MJZiggy
09-05-2010, 12:23 PM

you voted for the LIONS? :shock:

I can never forgive them for bringing in that bastard Spencer Havner! What the hell were they thinking! :P

steve823
09-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Hmm...I feel bad for the Lions. I wouldn't mind seeing them do good, just not against us.

Vikes and Bears on the other hand...I hope both of them go 0-16.

Fritz
09-05-2010, 09:18 PM
I hate whichever team is doing the best at the time. In the mid 80's I hated Dikta and da Bears. When Moss arrived in Minny and they won some division titles I hated them. I still do. And yes, I hate the Lions.

MadScientist
09-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Bert's antics have pissed me off, but nothing tops the deep seated hate of the Bears. Of course living in Illinois in 1985 burned the hate in me. I haven't lived in Minnesota when the Vikings won a Super Bowl to burn the same level of hate in me.

TravisWilliams23
09-05-2010, 11:40 PM
Bert's antics have pissed me off, but nothing tops the deep seated hate of the Bears. Of course living in Illinois in 1985 burned the hate in me. I haven't lived in Minnesota when the Vikings won a Super Bowl to burn the same level of hate in me.

Neither has anyone else on the entire planet. :lol:

MichiganPackerFan
09-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Hate the Vikings, respect the Bears franchise and history.

After 14 years in Michigan, I feel bad for the fans who still faithfully show up to watch every game. Yes attendance has dwindled a bit (economy pitched in there too), but not nearly as much as it would have in other divisions or cities.

red
09-07-2010, 02:29 PM
i don't think anyone could feel anything but pitty for lions fans at this point. those poor bastards that somehow keep showing up every year deserve better

packers11
09-07-2010, 04:05 PM
I find it funny that the other 3 teams have the packers as the most hated team... We'll I can't speak for the Lions - but I know all the Viking and Bear fans I know hate the packers more than anything...

woodbuck27
09-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Well to put it clearly " I'm a Christian ". Jesus asked me to love. That leaves no room for hatred. As a matter of fact. I don't hate anything now. I used to hate the veggie squash and rice pudding with raisins when I was growing up. I would be severely challenged ' in myself ', if I felt such a strong and negative emotion in terms of my faith; especially when it comes to Pro Sports teams or people. Hate? Come on folks. Not in me. :lol:

At the same time I accept many Packerrats need to feel that negative emotion. Hate away and see where it gets you !

I refuse to hate. Rather, I sometimes am confused or challenged to understand ' some thing ' or ' some people '. I don't choose to hate because I don't understand something or am against some things.

My spirituality is also honed by my long time interest in martial arts and the PEACE I gain from being relaxed and meditative. Martial arts has taught me this. Hatred defeats good karma Packerrats. It makes you uptight and that is counterproductive to achieving the best result for you. It winds you on the losing side more often than not. Hatred inspires the competitor to excel against you; as he/she takes strength from your ugly emotion. He/she see's how pathetic you are and takes no mercy in the theater of sports. It's far better to hope for 'the best result' in terms of your dedication to your team and feel positive about it's management's decisions. Hatred? It's a losing game trumped by being to ' the cool ' or simply enjoying the competition.

It's also a cultural thing. I'm a Canadian and ' the hate word ' isn't one I often hear from my fellow citizens. I'm also in a committed relationship with an American woman who resides in Vermont, USA. She's also a Christian and doesn't, as a result of her convictions, ethics and morals ....hate.

Rednecks hate. Few Canadians are associated with egoism that is sexist, racist or otherwise of prejudice and vile thinking or behaviour. That's why Canadians are so respected around the world. Many Americans are aware of that as ' a fact ' of their lives and take advantage of that knowledge. Are you aware that many smart Americans wear ' the Maple Leaf ', when traveling to a foreign country? It just makes travel a whole lot easier to be recognized as a Canadian. Of course, there's 'the flip side'. Rednecks from some countries attack the Canadian; but we handle such nonsense with style and often humor. WE know who we are and are really proud of that status we owe our forefathers. The manner and distinction in which our Canadian soldiers represented Canada in the Great Wars.

I read it , ' that hate word ' here constantly. I'm a dedicated PackerRat so it comes parcel and parcel. Hate away Packerrats . Hate me for my convictions for that matter. Hate away and chew yourself up.

Yup... that emotion is a part of being a member of Packerrats. Even us who refuse to hate are challenged to exist in this environment. We've lost top qualityn posters because of the hatred expressed here. Way to go with that result, Boys and girl.

Congratulations are not in order from this member of a Packer fan site. A Packer fan website that I derive a great deal of pleasure from and allows me to be a growing NFL fan, and competitive with other members here. I have and do otherwise, learn alot here fr. certain members. Unfortunately, or sadly for me. Some of the strongest posters are more than less absent now from PackerRats because of your hatred. Handle that. A spade for a spade. Two of the best I enjoyed here were Nutz and Bretzky. I enjoyed seeing a Viking fan ( Rastak) contribute so much and compete so well in the Pro Pickem' challenge. In my view, the ultimate challenge and competitive venue that's offered here and make's a long Canadian / Vermont winter shorter. My second choice for a challenge is the Survivor Challenge. Gee didn't a Canadian win that one last season? Imagine that. Did it have anything to do with karma? Well as my memory recalls it. It came down to another competitive PackerRat that I respect. Superfan was runner-up to my Canadian friend Guiness.

Any other Canadian fans here at PackerRats that hate another team?

Now I will state this. I have alot of difficulty pulling for the likes of ' da Bears' or 'the Cowboys' at any time. :D I've alot of history with the Packers as a dedicated Packer fan (51 years) and those teams.

I don't want to see da Bears win our division. They won't for some time because they traded away their immediate future for a QB that has alot of pressure on him this season. The Cowboys may offer us a challenge this season. Ouch!

So, as I expecteed the most hated team is ' the Vikings '. Is it worth it PackerRats? We lost a solid member (maybe) because of your hate. RASTAK is gone. Nice work boys, and you too girl.

You don't like this? You'll ' just ' ... have to eat it. Why is that now you may ask yourself? Well it's just this for me. I eat your hatred; and I've done so for the past two seasons and counting, all over, such pathetic nonsense. You fail still, to acknowledge ' the all too obvious '. TT and the Packer organization went against Brett Favre in favor of Aaron Rodgers. That has proven to be a good move for TT as far as it appears today, and despite what appearance can really come to mean in the end. The move to Aaron Rodgers, that was ' by the way ', inivetible. That move may prove out all the way to a Super Bowl. If only you haters stop the damn hatred and just enjoy the competition in the true spirit of what sport really is all about.

All your hatred will do is fuel the Vikings and Brett Favre to shove it down your throats again this season. Be prepared ' just for ' that result. Your helping to set ' just that ' up. Your hatred. That's counterproductive to what I hope for. A better result for our team than we enjoyed last season from a more decent manner or way of expressing yourself as a dedicated Packer fan. You don't force wins ' by hating ' Packerrats. You focus much more effectively or positively.

Of course, many of you are much younger than me. You may learn. I'm confident that I'll keep pullin' for y'all despite your ways that cramps the KARMA we need for a more positive result.

I've learned alot in my life and this applies to this thread. Karma and common sense, based in higher learning and thinking ... RULES in this world, generally.

Hatred sets us up for 'the fall'. I won't tell you I told you so at season's end. :D

My name is Ed. woodbuck27 8-)

get louder at lambeau
09-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Wow, someone has a Yoda complex. :lol:

Apparently hate is bad, but condescension is O.K.

Too funny.

MichiganPackerFan
09-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Agree with what you said Wood, but I think you have to consider the concept of hate in a much softer sense when it is used in the context of sports teams. Context is everything.

Fritz
09-07-2010, 06:03 PM

Too funny.

Bad is hate, yes.

mission
09-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Funny that Woody would put that kind of effort (helluva post there) into why he doesn't hate and why Brett Favre/Jon Ryan/Jesus should be loved...

What about the Packers? Loving them???? Should be so easy for a guy like you; you know, so positive.

Anyway, I obviously hate the Vikings most. Then Bears because most of my family were Bears fans growing up (I lived in So.Wisconsin). Got spit on as a kid when my uncles would take me to Soldier Field (multiple times) and cussed at in the bathroom (I was like 12). Nothing worse than a fat POS Bears fan IMO.

Vikings fans are more lovable. They're like children -- so young, so new, so naive. Should see my aunt, she lives up there. So cute with her Favre jerseys and doesn't know a damn thing about football. There's not a more bandwagon group in the entire league... especially a group with such a limited knowledge of actual football.

It's kind of like me being a Braves fan. My wife is diehard, I got a super mancrush on this Heyward kid and it's been easy (well, not anymore) to follow them every day living in town and cheating on the Brewers. She took the Packers not having a team growing up and it's been a good compromise.

The Shadow
09-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Never cared a fig or farthing about the Vikings.
Will hate the Bears forever.

Personally, I am not that upset when the Pack loses even twice in a year to the Vikes, but even a Super Bowl without a Bear sweep would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

retailguy
09-07-2010, 10:13 PM
God, I love ya woody! :D :lol: :wink:

Joemailman
09-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Even though I grew up as a Packer fan in Illinois, the Vikings are the big rivalry, and have been since Moss/Hovan/Carter etc. Besides, can you truly hate a team whose coach is named Lovie?

vince
09-07-2010, 10:28 PM
And Dave Wanstadt was every Packer fan's dream! Dick Jauran was no slouch for us either.

mission
09-07-2010, 10:46 PM
And Dave Wanstadt was every Packer fan's dream! Dick Jauran was no slouch for us either.

They've really stepped it up since Ditka and the mid-80s. Definitely pulling their weight now. :D

Bossman641
09-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Holy shit WB. I disagree with a lot of what you said but I won't even attempt to pick apart that post.

"Hate" gets thrown around loosely. I think you take it way too seriously.

get louder at lambeau
09-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Holy shit WB. I disagree with a lot of what you said but I won't even attempt to pick apart that post.

"Hate" gets thrown around loosely. I think you take it way too seriously.

It was his chance to feel superior and tell everyone how superior to them he is. And he did a great job of it.
:knll:

swede
09-07-2010, 11:10 PM
I read novels, magazines, newspapers, cereal boxes, and the German directions for operating my new toaster but I'll be damned if I've ever made it more than five hundred words into one of Woody's posts before giving up.

Guiness
09-07-2010, 11:24 PM
I love nothing more than to see the Bears get trounced by just about any team...but certainly seeing #4 in purple has tried my resolve. And every time I see that silly looking shit Chilly, I giggle.

At this point, it's a draw.

get louder at lambeau
09-07-2010, 11:56 PM
that silly looking shit Chilly,

Well described.

woodbuck27
09-08-2010, 02:45 PM

Too funny.

Bad is hate, yes.

:lol: X 100. JUST ... Great !!

woodbuck27
09-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Funny that Woody would put that kind of effort (helluva post there) into why he doesn't hate and why Brett Favre/Jon Ryan/Jesus should be loved...

What about the Packers? Loving them???? Should be so easy for a guy like you; you know, so positive.

Anyway, I obviously hate the Vikings most. Then Bears because most of my family were Bears fans growing up (I lived in So.Wisconsin). Got spit on as a kid when my uncles would take me to Soldier Field (multiple times) and cussed at in the bathroom (I was like 12). Nothing worse than a fat POS Bears fan IMO.

Vikings fans are more lovable. They're like children -- so young, so new, so naive. Should see my aunt, she lives up there. So cute with her Favre jerseys and doesn't know a damn thing about football. There's not a more bandwagon group in the entire league... especially a group with such a limited knowledge of actual football.

It's kind of like me being a Braves fan. My wife is diehard, I got a super mancrush on this Heyward kid and it's been easy (well, not anymore) to follow them every day living in town and cheating on the Brewers. She took the Packers not having a team growing up and it's been a good compromise.

" Vikings fans are more lovable. They're like children -- so young, so new, so naive. Should see my aunt, she lives up there. So cute with her Favre jerseys and doesn't know a damn thing about football. There's not a more bandwagon group in the entire league... especially a group with such a limited knowledge of actual football." mission

Where do they get all those horn helmuts? Damn... it's hard to find a Packer baseball style hat in Canada. I reside most of the time in Greenfield Park, Qc and that's the home of the Minor League Football Program for the Greenfield Park PACKERS. So I can get an away standard Packer hat. Otherwise, I have to order fr. Packers.Com or maybe pplace a bid for one on some website that exists for that capascity.

We use the Green Bay Packer colors and LOGO. Somehow the Association must have received a release from our Packers organization to use the logo.

GO PACK GO!

woodbuck27
09-08-2010, 03:00 PM
I love nothing more than to see the Bears get trounced by just about any team...but certainly seeing #4 in purple has tried my resolve. And every time I see that silly looking shit Chilly, I giggle.

At this point, it's a draw.

Hey man. I found the best looking Guiness T-Shirt I've ever seen this weekend here in Vermont. I couldn't help but think of you.

Hope life is good for you Guiness. Things are excellent on my end. Can't wait for this season to get rolling. It should be a beauty. Very exciting indeed and interesting. :D

GO PACK GO!

woodbuck27
09-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Agree with what you said Wood, but I think you have to consider the concept of hate in a much softer sense when it is used in the context of sports teams. Context is everything.

OK then I'll play along.

I ha...I ha...aaaa..haaa...hhh.aaaa..hat...haaaat haha..haaaaaa...ttt.tttee ..haaattt

da Bears but haa..ha..haa....haaa....haaa...hhaaa..aate the Cowboys more.

Cheesehead Craig
09-08-2010, 04:07 PM
I read novels, magazines, newspapers, cereal boxes, and the German directions for operating my new toaster but I'll be damned if I've ever made it more than five hundred words into one of Woody's posts before giving up.
Amen brother.

Gunakor
09-09-2010, 12:24 AM
The Vikings fans hate the Packers. Packers fans hate the Vikings. And that's just the way it is. Neither is superior for feeling that way or not feeling that way. Superiority has always been established on the football field, and it always will be where fandom is concerned. But regardless what happens on the field, Packers fans will always hate the Vikings and Vikings fans will always hate the Packers.

Fandom is an alternate reality where hate is welcome. Encouraged even.

Let me put it this way. If I saw Adrian Peterson at a grocery store, I wouldn't walk up to him and tell him I hate him. But when I see Adrian Peterson at Lambeau Field, I'm gonna heckle the hell out of him. Call him names. Mock him in every way possible. Because Lambeau Field is NOT a grocery store - it's not even the same reality as everyday life. I don't hate any of them on a personal level. But in THAT reality, fandom, not everyday life, I hate them with every ounce of fury I can muster.

imscott72
09-09-2010, 12:36 AM
The Vikings fans hate the Packers. Packers fans hate the Vikings. And that's just the way it is. Neither is superior for feeling that way or not feeling that way. Superiority has always been established on the football field, and it always will be where fandom is concerned. But regardless what happens on the field, Packers fans will always hate the Vikings and Vikings fans will always hate the Packers.

Let me put it this way. If I saw Adrian Peterson at a grocery store, I wouldn't walk up to him and tell him I hate him. But when I see Adrian Peterson at Lambeau Field, I'm gonna heckle the hell out of him. Call him names. Mock him in every way possible. Because Lambeau Field is NOT a grocery store - it's not even the same reality as everyday life. I don't hate any of them on a personal level. But in THAT reality, fandom, not everyday life, I hate them with every ounce of fury I can muster.

Well said. I feel the exact same way. I go could out for a beer with any Vikings player, yes even Brettskie, but when it's Packers/Vikings I have nothing but pure hate towards the purple and their obnoxious fans. :)

imscott72
09-09-2010, 12:38 AM

:lol: Ahh Woody. I sure missed your gibberish..

MichiganPackerFan
09-10-2010, 07:43 AM

Excellent description!

Scott Campbell
09-10-2010, 08:41 AM

Don't underestimate him - Jauran was a tremendous slouch.

Scott Campbell
09-10-2010, 09:00 AM

But I hate Bert with every fiber of my being. Is that so wrong?

MichiganPackerFan
09-10-2010, 09:23 AM

But I hate Bert with every fiber of my being. Is that so wrong?

I'm not judging you SC! Just trying to find a way to connect Woody to the masses.

Also, the term Bertrayer came to mind this morning..

Badgerinmaine
09-11-2010, 07:56 AM

Don't underestimate him - Jauran was a tremendous slouch.
Thanks, Chevy. :)

Badgerinmaine
09-11-2010, 08:05 AM
I was brought up not to hate someone else's team in any sport, but I sure care for the Bears a lot less than anyone else in the division--I think I always will dislike the Bears the most. I've said this before here, but I have a small soft spot for the Vikings because Stu Voigt (their tight end in the 1970s) grew up down the street from me in Madison and was great to me when I was a little kid. My best friend at work, with whom I went to grad school, grew up a Vikings fan whose father had season tickets (and drove in for every game from South Dakota), still has a Vikings bobblehead in his office and always roots for the Packers whenever it doesn't hurt the Vikings. My Minnesota sister in law does the same. I lived for ten years in Minnesota and always got respect from the Vikings fans I knew there. I badly want to beat them and wipe the smile of Brett's face, but hate them? No. I've got a lot more in common with the folks who root for my rival than the folks who don't give a damn. But give them the needle when they lose? You betcha. Ask my students here in New England how often I bring up Super Bowl XXXI. :-)

Little Whiskey
09-11-2010, 08:15 AM
When i was a kid. We always boo'd any rival that was playing the team we rooted for. I hate them all the same.....in the fan's sense of hate. My wife who never liked sports was raised in a non-sports house. my poor father in law was stuck in a house with 3 girls. My wife and I have had discussions as to which level of sports can you begin to booo. I compromised with college level. she doesn't understand fans and fanaticism. she doesn't get why i yell at the tv or why i throw things when they screw up or why my week sucks when they lose. my boys will however!

my son started T-ball this year......i only boo'd once! :lol: j/k!!

Tarlam!
09-11-2010, 08:53 AM

:lol: Ahh Woody. I sure missed your gibberish.. :shock: :shock: :shock: