PDA

View Full Version : TJ HOUSHMANDZADEH TO VIKES!

MOBB DEEP
09-04-2010, 08:59 PM
according to msnbc website

WOW....better than sidney rice at this point?

RashanGary
09-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Not better than Rice, but a nice addition. He's good at catching the ball in tight quarters. Favre makes his living on short, tight throws.

I'm disappointed.

Lurker64
09-04-2010, 09:03 PM
I've seen this reported, but I've also seen it reported that this is not true (for example: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/04/vikings-have-not-signed-houshmandzadeh/ ). I think you might be jumping the gun on this one.

Also, no he is not better than a healthy Sidney Rice. Better than a gimpy Sidney Rice? Probably, but so are you, probably.

falco
09-04-2010, 09:04 PM
why did the seahawks let him go?

MOBB DEEP
09-04-2010, 09:08 PM
why did the seahawks let him go?

good question..i dont have answer but he might have chip on shoulder now and become this year's sid rice; going from after thought to pro bowler if the geezer favre can withstand the inevitable barrage of blitzes this season

Lurker64
09-04-2010, 09:11 PM
The Minneapolis Star Tribune Vikings Blog is reporting that the Vikings have not signed Houshmandzadeh ... yet:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/102233339.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc :aUU

The St. Paul Pioneer Press Vikings Blog cites a local Fox affiliate's report in saying that the "Walker cut to make room for Houshmandzadeh" report came from Walker's representation, who were just conjecturing:

http://blogs.twincities.com/Vikings/

Also, MSNBC, the source you cited, cannot confirm that saying

Even FOX6 itself seems unsure of its own report, saying they can not "personally confirm nor deny" their source's claim. Still, the signing would make a ton of sense for the Vikings.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/39008511/ns/sports-player_news

So sure, it makes sense.. but it hasn't happened yet. It would also make sense for Houshmandzadeh to sign somewhere else where he wouldn't have his role potentially drastically reduced after week 6.

Brandon494
09-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Hasnt happened yet but you know its coming. Hopefully the Skins will give him a shit load of money to sign with them.

get louder at lambeau
09-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Hasnt happened yet but you know its coming. Hopefully the Skins will give him a shit load of money to sign with them.

Yep. He probably won't come cheap, so Washington should be a player.

MadScientist
09-04-2010, 11:11 PM

He gets 7M from the Seahawks, anything he gets from another team just means Seattle doesn't have to pay him as much. I doubt either Was or MN will offer TJ more than 7M.

Scott Campbell
09-04-2010, 11:43 PM
That's a lot of slot guys they have there.

get louder at lambeau
09-04-2010, 11:43 PM

He gets 7M from the Seahawks, anything he gets from another team just means Seattle doesn't have to pay him as much. I doubt either Was or MN will offer TJ more than 7M.

Does he? If it was guaranteed, then why did they cut him?

mmmdk
09-05-2010, 11:58 AM
That's a lot of slot guys they have there.

...excusez moi but didn't you mean "slut guys"? :pack:

imscott72
09-05-2010, 01:50 PM
I really hope this doesn't happen. The thought of Rice, Harvin, Housh, Shiancoe, and AP all at Favre's disposal scares the hell out of me against our secondary.

packerbacker1234
09-05-2010, 01:57 PM
The Minneapolis Star Tribune Vikings Blog is reporting that the Vikings have not signed Houshmandzadeh ... yet:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/102233339.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc :aUU

The St. Paul Pioneer Press Vikings Blog cites a local Fox affiliate's report in saying that the "Walker cut to make room for Houshmandzadeh" report came from Walker's representation, who were just conjecturing:

http://blogs.twincities.com/Vikings/

Also, MSNBC, the source you cited, cannot confirm that saying

Even FOX6 itself seems unsure of its own report, saying they can not "personally confirm nor deny" their source's claim. Still, the signing would make a ton of sense for the Vikings.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/39008511/ns/sports-player_news

So sure, it makes sense.. but it hasn't happened yet. It would also make sense for Houshmandzadeh to sign somewhere else where he wouldn't have his role potentially drastically reduced after week 6.

His role would get reduced, but by how much? Honestly, when rice comes back, it's berrian who will get the shaft. If Housh has been producing very well as the #1, he would get reduced to the #2, and you know they aren't going to take harvin out of the slot position, so berrian would go from #2 and a starter, to #4.

Housh would see less balls after week 6, but he should still see plenty.

rbaloha1
09-05-2010, 02:05 PM
TJ could be a better complimentary receiver. Why was he cut?

pbmax
09-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Chilldress has thrown water on this. Which means, it'll happen in 12 hours. :lol:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/05/childress-vikings-arent-interested-in-houshmandzadeh/

imscott72
09-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Done deal..Gulp..

Fox Sports Radio - KFAN 1130 AM announced about an hour ago that the Minnesota Vikings have in deed signed wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh. Terms of the deal have not been released as of yet.

BlueBrewer
09-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Done deal..Gulp..

Fox Sports Radio - KFAN 1130 AM announced about an hour ago that the Minnesota Vikings have in deed signed wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh. Terms of the deal have not been released as of yet.

I call Bullshit, and I hate that fucking Paul Allen!! :evil:

RashanGary
09-05-2010, 07:14 PM
I read they're not signing him. That's what Childress said.

They could have called his agent, found the asking price and then said, "no way" to it. Now they're posturing.

It could still happen, but as of now, it doesn't look like it's going down. I, for one, am glad. TJ is a great possession type receiver. Favre can make a lot of hay with the short, tightly covered passes and he doesn't have any receivers like that play that type of a game right now.

Lurker64
09-05-2010, 09:55 PM
According to the Seattle Times, Houshmandzadeh is deciding between the Redskins and the Raiders:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2012821063_whoshoushwant.html

RashanGary
09-06-2010, 07:00 AM
I like the way this season is shaping up for the Vikings.

I've seen Barrian drop many-a-short pass. He seems to have a hard time shielding defenders and catching in traffic.

Harvin can do it a little, but he's more dynamite in open space than he is dominant in tight quarters.

Rice was the guy who fit perfectly with Favre. He's great at catching the balls Favre is best at throwing. Down the field, Favre isn't terribly accurate. Rice is great at adjusting. In short area, Favre is incredibly accurate and knows exactly how to throw short passes that only his guy can catch. Rice is great at using his body to shield defenders and catch those heavy traffic type passes. I'd be curious how many 1st downs Rice caught. It has to be a lot.

Favre's ankle is permanently bone on bone. He's going to be playing on shattered glass for the rest of the season. The longer it goes, the worse it will get.

This should be the year of AP, but stopping the run is our greatest strength.

At least in that first game, without Rice, it appears we match up very well against the Vikings. There are some wildcards on our team too.

Last year, I knew we had a good team. We had quite a few things that needed to go right for us to overtake them.

This year, I think we're going into the season with an advantage. Our penalties are down. If our ST's are solid (punting, FG's, coverage, returns), it seems to me the Vikings have taken a step back and we should be the better team. Even if we're the same as last year, I see us as about the same same as them.

imscott72
09-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Done deal..Gulp..

I call Bullshit, and I hate that fucking Paul Allen!! :evil:

Sure enough false reporting. Housh just signed with the Ravens for $850,000. Whew.. :D

retailguy
09-06-2010, 10:43 AM
better than the Vikes! :D

Brandon494
09-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Damn Ravens are going to be nasty this year.

Guiness
09-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Still an odd decision by Seattle, considering they're paying him regardless.

Story is they dumped him in favour of former Lion first round pick Mike Williams! Strange days, indeed, although MW did play for Carrol in college.

Patler
09-06-2010, 12:18 PM

Story is they dumped him in favour of former Lion first round pick Mike Williams! Strange days, indeed, although MW did play for Carrol in college.

If he doesn't figure in their long range plans, now is the year to get rid of him. No salary cap means no artificial limit on what can be spent to replace him, and his remaining signing bonus is accelerated to the uncapped year. If a cap returns next year, you have a clean slate.

Lurker64
09-06-2010, 01:29 PM

If he doesn't figure in their long range plans, now is the year to get rid of him. No salary cap means no artificial limit on what can be spent to replace him, and his remaining signing bonus is accelerated to the uncapped year. If a cap returns next year, you have a clean slate.

Plus, the Seahawks ownership has really, really deep pockets so that minimizes the reluctance to make moves that, while expensive, are for the betterment of the team. A more fiscally conservative team might balk at it more.

Cheesehead Craig
09-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Damn Ravens are going to be nasty this year.

I keep liking my Flacco pick for Fantasy Football more and more, and he was a 7th rounder.