PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't I know this?

Patler
09-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Carson Palmer's backup at QB is.....his brother, Jordan Palmer.
I was not aware of that.

Lurker64
09-05-2010, 06:10 PM
I was not aware of that.

You clearly have to watch more Bengals preseason games. Though, I thought he was still third string. Interesting to know that he's moved up the totem pole.

I wonder how many NFL players have brothers who are also playing in the league. I know Cullen Jenkins' brother Kris plays NT for the Jets. We had Orrin and Jeremy Thompson a few years back. Clay Matthews' little brother Casey is a senior linebacker for the Oregon Ducks, and will presumably get drafted next year. Minnesota has Erin and E.J. Henderson in their LB corps. Perhaps this is more common than I thought.

Patler
09-05-2010, 06:14 PM
I was not aware of that.

You clearly have to watch more Bengals preseason games. Though, I thought he was still third string. Interesting to know that he's moved up the totem pole.

JT O'Sullivan was #2, and they released him today, making Palmer #2. They also signed Dan LeFevour off waivers

Smidgeon
09-05-2010, 07:05 PM
I was not aware of that.

I wonder how many NFL players have brothers who are also playing in the league. I know Cullen Jenkins' brother Kris plays NT for the Jets. We had Orrin and Jeremy Thompson a few years back. Clay Matthews' little brother Casey is a senior linebacker for the Oregon Ducks, and will presumably get drafted next year. Minnesota has Erin and E.J. Henderson in their LB corps. Perhaps this is more common than I thought.

Don't forget the Mannings.

Pugger
09-05-2010, 07:21 PM
But I can't think of many brothers playing for the same team and at the same position at the same time!

gbgary
09-05-2010, 07:50 PM
But I can't think of many brothers playing for the same team and at the same position at the same time!

how about the sutter brothers of the nhl? i think there were three or four of them. maybe a couple of them played on the same team at the same time. same position??? don't know.

edit: there were six! :shock:

bobblehead
09-05-2010, 07:50 PM

guess we need to draft the younger mathews then.

Lurker64
09-05-2010, 07:59 PM

guess we need to draft the younger mathews then.

He's a pretty good player, he plays MLB for the Ducks I believe. Possibly a little undersized, but productive and he's on a whole bunch of national award watch lists. I wouldn't be against it, but I probably wouldn't want to draft him high.

That being said, scouting Oregon defensive players is hard. They don't have a real defensive identity beyond "everybody run around a lot".

hoosier
09-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Don't we already have a middle linebacker from Oregon?

Lurker64
09-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Don't we already have a middle linebacker from Oregon?

Barnett is a Beaver not a Duck.