PDA

View Full Version : I might have to pick up Madden!!!

Tony Oday
09-05-2010, 07:20 PM
http://www.wired.com/playbook/2010/09/ea-madden-2010-sim/

go Pack!

gbpackfan
09-05-2010, 07:45 PM
I have it. Currently 3 games into the season (all-pro) level and am 3-0. Killed the Eagles, won in a close one against the Bills and ended up pulling away from the Bears in the second half. Olsen killed me though. It's fun as hell. Nerdy, yes but still fun.

falco
09-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Sure, experienced football writers will make their picks, but EA has done this kind of simulation every January since 2004. Since then, EA has picked the Super Bowl winner six out of seven times, so maybe the algorithm is on to something.

red
09-05-2010, 08:42 PM
why would you buy this?

if you have anyone of the last 5 or 6 maddens then you already have this game

steve823
09-05-2010, 10:48 PM
If you get it let me know and Ill play you on xbox live. Packers are great this year. I love lobbing it in the air and catching it with finley..you cant stop it.

packerbacker1234
09-05-2010, 11:15 PM
why would you buy this?

if you have anyone of the last 5 or 6 maddens then you already have this game

Yes and no. For starers, the deep ball is back - it was almost non-existent in last years version.

After that, the game play time is cut in half, so now you can play twice the amount of games in the same gaming play time. That alone is worth an upgrade.

Then of course you have the roster updates. Madden doesn't change much, but often times the roster updats are worth it. Trying to make the current rosters in an older version of the game sucks balls.

Brandon494
09-06-2010, 04:40 PM
I mean if you want roster updates you have to buy the game. Plus each year I think the game gets better. The gameplay and graphics in the new madden are day and night to a game 3 or 4 years ago.

That being said I hope they hurry up with the new roster update. I want to get Sam Shields on my squad to return kicks. :lol:

falco
09-06-2010, 04:42 PM
I usually don't play Madden, but play NCAA, so roster updates aren't that important to me. However, I agree that each year the game evolves and gets better gameplay mechanics and physics. I usually buy mine in January, so I can get it used at a great discount.

red
09-06-2010, 05:44 PM
sorry guy, i let you talk me into buying it and i think it's a pile of shit

i'd have been better off rolling the 60 bucks up and shoving it up my ass

blockers still won't block. defenders still won't tackle i can't even throw the ball over the middle because it's always batted down

my wr's can't get any separation. and my CB's aren't within 5 yards of their wr's

the folks at EA still haven't figured out the difference between a 3-4 and 4-3

my QB has a maximum of 1 second in the pocket before he's hit. my wr's don't even get off the line by then

sorry guys but its the same shitty game as last year. they just took away my sprit trigger and made the play calling even worse. how many fucking times can you call a draw play out of the gun when it only gains one or 2 yards a pop. that play has never worked for me. but this fast call thing decided i needed to run it 3 straight times and 50% of my plays should be the wonderful draw out of the gun. its the same damn thing as ask madden in the past

Brandon494
09-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Sorry red but sounds like you just suck at the game. 8-)

You can also take out that play calling option, that shit is complete crap.

red
09-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Sorry red but sounds like you just suck at the game. 8-)

You can also take out that play calling option, that shit is complete crap.

so much for all madden.

gbpackfan
09-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Ya Red, you suck! Haha. Just kidding man.

packerbacker1234
09-06-2010, 10:39 PM
sorry guy, i let you talk me into buying it and i think it's a pile of shit

i'd have been better off rolling the 60 bucks up and shoving it up my ass

blockers still won't block. defenders still won't tackle i can't even throw the ball over the middle because it's always batted down

my wr's can't get any separation. and my CB's aren't within 5 yards of their wr's

the folks at EA still haven't figured out the difference between a 3-4 and 4-3

my QB has a maximum of 1 second in the pocket before he's hit. my wr's don't even get off the line by then

sorry guys but its the same shitty game as last year. they just took away my sprit trigger and made the play calling even worse. how many fucking times can you call a draw play out of the gun when it only gains one or 2 yards a pop. that play has never worked for me. but this fast call thing decided i needed to run it 3 straight times and 50% of my plays should be the wonderful draw out of the gun. its the same damn thing as ask madden in the past

No idea what you're doing wrong. I agree the"play call" thing is complete garbage, but real madden players don't actually rely on that, they call their own plays.

That being said, I throw over the middle all the time. In fact, I think I throw it there on roughly 60% of my passes. Yes, LB's can tip the ball - that is why you need to read the coverage. If they are in a zone, you need to hit the wr before or just after the lb. If it's man, you need to call the right routes against it. It's all about play choice, route design, calling proper audible, and reading the coverage.

Also, blocking seems fine. If you play with the packers, of note, on all madden, there are some problems sure. But shoudn't there be? This is the same line that gave up 50 sacks last year. FIFTY.

AR certainly didn't have time last year. That aside, the blocking is fine overall. You can move your QB to give your "beat blocker" a better angle - thats what stepping up left and right, slight roll outs, etc, do. Puts the blockers in a better position to do their jobs. Our OL isn't exactly all world.

Defensively it is pretty tough. bit not impossible. You gotta blitz - and yes, blitzing works. I also have no issue in coverage, in general. Harris, Woodson, and Collins all do fine, as they should, Tramon covers the slot guy pretty well, and sure burnett makes some bad angles at time - but he's a rookie. It's to be expected.

As for tackling - seems fine overall. LB's are better tacklers then CB's - so if you run a lot of defense with 4 cb's, that can be problematic for tackling.

The game has faults, but most what you described sounds like a you problem. :P

Little Whiskey
09-07-2010, 08:14 AM
It was just given to me as a gift. I'm debating on whether to keep it or take it back and exchange for somthing else.

red
09-07-2010, 10:17 AM
has anyone played the bears yet?

hester is the greatest WR of all time.

i just played a game on the middle setting, one below all madden, and hester had 7 reception for just under 300 yards and 4 tds. and also had 11 or 12 broken tackles. at one point i had 3 guys wrapping him up and he broke away for like a 80 yard TD

i don't think that's realistic

gbpackfan
09-07-2010, 10:33 AM
I played the Bears on All-pro and it was Olsen that had 186 yards. But I beat them 41 to 21 or something like that.

channtheman
09-07-2010, 10:34 AM
It was just given to me as a gift. I'm debating on whether to keep it or take it back and exchange for somthing else.

I would return it for something else. But then again, I suck at the games and never learned how to get good at them or actually read defenses.

Brandon494
09-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Damn red, maybe you should start off using the rookie setting.

Smidgeon
09-07-2010, 11:17 AM
My favorite play was always play action pass with an outside fly route and an inside post to the middle of the field with a TE drag from the opposite side to that side. It was my favorite until EA stopped making the game for the computer... :cry:

red
09-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Damn red, maybe you should start off using the rookie setting.
i played the game on the default setting, second easiest for the first game and won 61-7. so that was no fun. then i bumped it up to all-madden which is where i played last years game at and i ended up reseting 3 games in a row before i got to halftime and busted up another controller.

so now i'm in the mid setting and feeling like a pussy.

i also last night changed the packers back to a 4-3 team and moved all the players to their 4-3 positions because the computer kept calling 4-3 plays anyways and everyone ended up playing out of position

Brandon494
09-11-2010, 07:01 AM
New roster updates for Madden finally came out!

Shields is a 67 rating with 97 speed and 97 acc....first game I played with him he took a KR back for a TD. He also fumbled a punt return. :P

Fylnn goes up to 66 rating

Zombo is only a 54

I still find it a joke that Jones and Nelson only have rating of 73 and 70.

Little Whiskey
09-11-2010, 07:14 AM
Since the game was a gift, I decided to keep it. I haven't played a madden game in quite awhile. (I think i have the 07 version of the game. it was the year before Favre was on the cover). I put in a couple hours last night. played a game, tried the virtual trainer, played a bit as a LT on Superstar. I'm not impressed.

the announcers are beyond terrible. not just because of what they say but because of how choppy it is. reminds me of some of the sports games i had for my 486pc.

parts of the game seem to be incomplete. the menu section, for instance. there are some selections you make on the main menu only to be given one choice once you get to the sub menu. .....huh?!

you can't create a playlist, you can't change camera angles, the new play calling system stinks.

the madden team should look to MLB The Show for inspiration on how to build a game.

Brandon494
09-11-2010, 07:19 AM
I agree the new playcalling sucks but you can take it off and choose your own plays.

As far as the rest you you just need to get use to it. Once you play for awhile you'll like it. Thats how every Madden and NCAA is for me atleast.

falco
09-11-2010, 07:31 AM
I agree the new playcalling sucks but you can take it off and choose your own plays.

As far as the rest you you just need to get use to it. Once you play for awhile you'll like it. Thats how every Madden and NCAA is for me atleast.

+1

I haven't played the new ones yet though. Still waiting for the bargain bin.

australianpackerbacker
09-11-2010, 07:57 AM

Shields is a 67 rating with 97 speed and 97 acc....first game I played with him he took a KR back for a TD. He also fumbled a punt return. :P

Zombo is only a 54

Whats Rodgers rating in the game? And Finley and Jennings?

MichiganPackerFan
09-11-2010, 10:49 AM
I used to play it a lot on the PC, but since I'm not a big gamer, I never invested the money in an Xbox or PS3. I was pissed when they stole the game from the PC. We have a wii, but i've heard the game sucks for that. I still play the last pc version 2008, but I really wish they would have kept producing new pc versions or at least supported updated rosters.

Little Whiskey
09-11-2010, 11:14 AM
I wished they did give EA exclusive rights to NFL and NFLPA. EA needs some competition

Brandon494
09-11-2010, 11:24 AM

Zombo is only a 54

Whats Rodgers rating in the game? And Finley and Jennings?

Rodgers = 94

Finley = 86 (but thats going to go up during the season when he starts putting up monster numbers)

Jennings = 90

Woodson = 97

N. Collins = 93

Driver = 89

Grant = 88

Clay Matthews = 86

Brandon494
09-11-2010, 11:27 AM
I don't understand how anyone can complain about Madden, do you guys remember NFL2k series? Now that game sucked, and not because they had Randy Moss on the cover. :)

BTW I just beat some loser using the Vikings with a 179-25 record(seriously who plays that much?) 31-28 picking off Favre 3 times. :lol: Finley had a monster game for me scoring 3 TDs and racking up over 200 yards catching

Smidgeon
09-11-2010, 01:11 PM
I used to play it a lot on the PC, but since I'm not a big gamer, I never invested the money in an Xbox or PS3. I was pissed when they stole the game from the PC. We have a wii, but i've heard the game sucks for that. I still play the last pc version 2008, but I really wish they would have kept producing new pc versions or at least supported updated rosters.

+infinity

Little Whiskey
09-11-2010, 01:21 PM
front page sports Football was pretty cool for the PC too. it had a franchise mode long before madden could

Brando19
09-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Anyone have it for PS3 and play online? I love playing as the Packers. I play as the Packers 99.9% of the time, but that .1% I don't, I'm usually the Ravens. Ray Rice can't be stopped in this game. The Dolphins are fun to play with as well because of Ronnie Brown in the Wild Cat.

falco
09-11-2010, 01:54 PM
front page sports Football was pretty cool for the PC too. it had a franchise mode long before madden could

front page sports football was awesome. So was its spiritual predecessor, TV sports football (or something to that effect).

falco
09-11-2010, 01:54 PM
http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/atari-st-games/287-1.jpg

Brandon494
09-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Anyone have it for PS3 and play online? I love playing as the Packers. I play as the Packers 99.9% of the time, but that .1% I don't, I'm usually the Ravens. Ray Rice can't be stopped in this game. The Dolphins are fun to play with as well because of Ronnie Brown in the Wild Cat.

I havent played once without using the Packers. :lol:

The team I do hate playing against the most though would be the Eagles, they have way too much speed on that team.

Little Whiskey
09-11-2010, 06:19 PM
I've been playing a bit of superstar. a HB that was drafted by the browns. right now the browns are 6-1.

Superstar is no Road to the Show.

Brando19
09-11-2010, 06:41 PM

I havent played once without using the Packers. :lol:

The team I do hate playing against the most though would be the Eagles, they have way too much speed on that team.

Love the loyalty, bro. I don't like playing against the Eagles, either. DeSean is hard to stop. The team I hate playing against the most is the Titans. Chris Johnson is hard to stop and Vince Young scrambles non stop. I'll tell you what happened to me the other day. I was the Packers and I played a guy online who was the Vikings. Every single play, even if it was on his 20 yard line, he would line up in the field goal formation. I was puzzled at first, but he would snap the ball to Webb, the holder/QB/WR, and he would scramble. If he would pass...it was a big gain or a TD...if he didn't pass, I couldn't stop him and he would run for big yardage. It was a shootout and I beat him by three.

red
09-12-2010, 10:49 AM
how do you catch the ball and tackle on all madden?

Little Whiskey
09-12-2010, 08:04 PM
I started a franchise last night and only got thru the Eagles game. I'm gonna look up the stats because it turned out scary close the the real game. included were a number of sacks and even a mason crosby kickoff out of bounds. weird

Brandon494
09-20-2010, 07:26 PM
haha they changed Kuhn to a running back in the new roster update.

Only a 67 rating but his FB rating when up to 77.

Clifton went up to a 86 so how, Tauscher also went up to 85

Crabtree went up to 68

Sitton finally gets justice and moved up to 85

Clay Matthews up to 90

Burnett up to a 76

T Williams up to 79

BJ Raji went up to 81

Wells up to 82

Still no love for Jordy Nelson or James Jones who have rating of only 70 and 73

red
09-20-2010, 08:23 PM
so do i have to restart my franchise for those new stats to take affect?

Brandon494
09-20-2010, 08:32 PM
so do i have to restart my franchise for those new stats to take affect?

afraid so, they update the rosters thru out the season for online play.

red
09-20-2010, 08:34 PM
what a crock

god i hate this game

Lurker64
09-20-2010, 09:28 PM
what a crock

god i hate this game

Here's my theory for buying Madden.

When the game comes out in August, wait until February.
If the Packers have won the Superbowl, buy Madden.
Otherwise, wait until next year.