PDA

View Full Version : forum question?

Pugger
09-06-2010, 12:41 AM
I'm not sure where to post this so sorry for the bandwidth. I hope someone can answer this question I have about this forum.

How come I have to log in each time I visit the ratchat? I checked the box to automatically log me in each time but it doesn't seem to work. :?: I can type in my name and password each time I suppose but it would be nice if I didn't have to every time.

channtheman
09-06-2010, 01:19 AM
I used to have this issue as well and the way I auto logged in was by clicking on the Romper Room or another board that requires member log in and then the page with all the boards would refresh and I would be logged in. I did that for about 1 year and then just a few weeks ago I tried the auto check button and it finally worked. Now everytime I visit I am already logged in. So, I suppose this doesn't really help you much, but maybe the next time you visit packerrats try just clicking on a member board and then after you do that try the auto login the NEXT time you visit the site.

SkinBasket
09-06-2010, 08:26 AM
You probably have to change your security or privacy settings to allow coockies and maybe to remember passwords or somesuch.

red
09-06-2010, 08:45 AM
also try to reset your cookies

Administrator
09-06-2010, 09:41 AM
if you clear your cache, cookies, and history, that will go away once you log in again.

hoosier
09-07-2010, 01:10 PM
if you clear your cache, cookies, and history, that will go away once you log in again.

As will your ability to access the homepage. :lol:

Joemailman
10-20-2010, 07:26 PM
So I checked out the homepage and found this. Progress I suppose...

http://packerrats.com/content.php?22-Man-Steals-Pigs-on-Motorcycle

MJZiggy
10-20-2010, 07:33 PM
For the record, I did not write that. :lol:

Tarlam!
10-21-2010, 12:42 AM

That didn't work for me. I had the same problem years ago an Mad told me the same thing.

It soleved itself somehow. I eventually bookmarked the Packers forum instead of the overview page (Big Cheese). Maybe that's what did it, but it remains a mystery, caught in the twighlight zone.

Little Whiskey
10-21-2010, 02:37 PM

That didn't work for me. I had the same problem years ago an Mad told me the same thing.

It soleved itself somehow. I eventually bookmarked the Packers forum instead of the overview page (Big Cheese). Maybe that's what did it, but it remains a mystery, caught in the twighlight zone.

hey tarlam, check the date. that post was from a while back

Joemailman
01-10-2011, 04:50 PM
How do you create a poll? Haven't done it on the new site.

retailguy
01-10-2011, 07:36 PM
How do you create a poll? Haven't done it on the new site.

I haven't done it either, but it looks simple enough.

When you create a new thread, there is a checkbox under additional options to create a poll with up to 10 choices, I'd guess that you could click "preview post" and define those options you selected.

Give it a try... Hope that helps.

Joemailman
01-10-2011, 10:08 PM
I found that, but I don't see where you create the poll options after preview post.

MadtownPacker
01-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Looks like you check the box for the poll and how many options you want and when you submit the thread it brings you to the poll screen, where you put in your options.

So pretty much it came down to you not having enough sack to hit submit and take your chances of making a fucked up thread.

Kiwon
01-12-2011, 10:41 AM

Admin, I sent you a PM to your 'Joe' account. Did you get it? I can't tell if it was sent successfully.

Joe
01-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Admin, I sent you a PM to your 'Joe' account. Did you get it? I can't tell if it was sent successfully.

Yes, I got it, and responded.

Scott Campbell
01-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Did Harlan forget his password?