PDA

View Full Version : A GREAT week of football

RashanGary
09-06-2010, 07:27 AM
A great 1st week of football for Packer fans. . . .

Thursday Night - Vikings and Saints
Sunday Noon - Bears and Lions
Sunday 3:15 - Packers and Eagles

Then we have an AFC Sunday Night game, but that will be watchable too!! This Sunday is going to football from noon until I go to sleep!! Can't wait.

It will feel great if we have a game up on the Vikings to open the season. It seems so small, but that one game advantage is huge in a division that is going to be hard fought.

hoosier
09-06-2010, 08:07 AM
I wouldn't be counting my chickens quite yet if I were you. Green Bay has to show they can stop a high powered passing game before I will feel fully comfortable with them as a contender. The Eagles certainly have some question marks, but if Kolb plays like he did in the first part of last season their passing attack will be formidable. I hope the Packers have a secondary that can stay with the Philly receivers.

Guiness
09-06-2010, 11:44 AM
I wouldn't be counting my chickens quite yet if I were you. Green Bay has to show they can stop a high powered passing game before I will feel fully comfortable with them as a contender. The Eagles certainly have some question marks, but if Kolb plays like he did in the first part of last season their passing attack will be formidable. I hope the Packers have a secondary that can stay with the Philly receivers.

Kolb is going to be one of the interesting watches this year. To a certain point, he's in the position Rodgers was, replacing a long term, successful starter on a perennially contending team. Is he sound, can he maintain the level he played at, or is he a flash, like I suspect we're going to find out Cassel was?

I would trust Reid to make the right decision.

b bulldog
09-06-2010, 12:24 PM
I am picking the eagles in an upset. Packers D will get exposed from the start.

Ballboy
09-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Badger Football on saturday....gunna be a great week. Only 4 days of work, heck, might not even make it in a friday after thursday night football!

Brandon494
09-06-2010, 12:41 PM

Not like the Eagles defense is all that great either, I see Rodgers putting up big numbers game 1.

retailguy
09-06-2010, 01:33 PM

You have more faith in Kolb than I do. I think we win, but it's no blowout.

Tony Oday
09-06-2010, 01:40 PM

We win by 21 EASY. Kolb is picked on like the fat kid at Camp and the running game never gets started. AR EXPOSES the patheticness that is the Eagles Defense and throws 5 TDs.

Scott Campbell
09-06-2010, 01:42 PM

Fellas, were playing in Philly, and the Packers are a 3 point dog.

retailguy
09-06-2010, 01:42 PM

We win by 21 EASY. Kolb is picked on like the fat kid at Camp and the running game never gets started. AR EXPOSES the patheticness that is the Eagles Defense and throws 5 TDs.

Put the Kool-aid down! I must've mixed up another batch of long island ice tea by mistake. :wink:

vince
09-06-2010, 01:56 PM

Green Bay is favored by 3 on the road.
http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_point_spreads.shtml

Scott Campbell
09-06-2010, 02:22 PM

Green Bay is favored by 3 on the road.
http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_point_spreads.shtml

Holy crap - my bad. Wow.

gbgary
09-06-2010, 02:49 PM
i'll make the call...Packers win by at least two tds!

RashanGary
09-06-2010, 04:13 PM
I feel good about this team. McCarthy is selling out on ST's by playing starters. He's not concerned with anything but winning this game. I don't see arrogance, I don't see holding back. I see a team with an attitude of just doing whatever it takes to win. They talk about a realistic confidence this year. I think they're confident they are a good team, but they know they're not going to win unless they give everything every week.

I don't know much about Philly's team but I know this Packer team is extremely talented. I doubt there are very many teams in the league more talented.

I think we win. There aren't many easy NFL games, so I don't expect a route, but I do expect a win. I expect the Packers to look like the better team and the score board to confirm it.

I see Finley being a big part of this game and setting a tone for all teams that play us hereafter.

Little Whiskey
09-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Looks like it will be a bar day on Sunday.

I'm gonna guess we are going to get the chi/det game and due to some dumb ass TV rule they can't show the Packer game. SOB's!

ThunderDan
09-06-2010, 09:38 PM

I'm gonna guess we are going to get the chi/det game and due to some dumb ass TV rule they can't show the Packer game. SOB's!

Packers are the late game.

Little Whiskey
09-06-2010, 09:41 PM

I know. but i don't think they can televise both games. If you get the pack you won't get Chi/Det and vice versa. I'm sure i will be getting the chi/det game, therefor no packers. booooo.

steve823
09-06-2010, 09:50 PM
In my opinion the best part of the week just happened. No more Allen Barbre thank god! :bclap:

3irty1
09-06-2010, 10:29 PM
I think the game is much lower scoring that people are predicting. I don't think Philly does much on offense.

Bossman641
09-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Is it too late to add Boise St - Va Tech to the list? Great game.

bobblehead
09-07-2010, 04:59 AM
OK, I feel obligated to point out the irony/buzzkill.

2007 the Packers paid huge attention to special teams all summer while the eagles cut their punt returner who was the main guy all through camp right before the opener against the packers.

You all recall the Eagles fumbling away 2 returns to hand the packers a razor thin 16-13 win in a game some would say we won only because BF inspired his teammates to play so well. It overcame his pretty much awful play

2009 the packers cut their only return men in final cutdown and we head to philly. Well....I'll wait to edit the end of this for a few days.

Gunakor
09-07-2010, 05:16 AM
Except we didn't have a main guy all through camp. We haven't had a main guy since early last season. I get what you're saying, but the two situations aren't really the same. Had we elected to keep Blackmon on the roster, it would likely still be Nelson returning kicks and Jennings/Williams returning punts against Philly anyways.

Unless, did you have someone else in mind other than Blackmon for return duty that was cut and I've overlooked?

get louder at lambeau
09-07-2010, 08:52 AM

2007 the Packers paid huge attention to special teams all summer while the eagles cut their punt returner who was the main guy all through camp right before the opener against the packers.

You all recall the Eagles fumbling away 2 returns to hand the packers a razor thin 16-13 win in a game some would say we won only because BF inspired his teammates to play so well. It overcame his pretty much awful play

2009 the packers cut their only return men in final cutdown and we head to philly. Well....I'll wait to edit the end of this for a few days.

Jarrett Bush won us that game by himself. No joke. He DESTROYED the returner on the opening kickoff, forcing a fumble that was recovered in the endzone for a TD. Later, tie game 13-13 with one minute left, the Packers had a short punt, and the returner had to run around Bush to get to it, muffed it, and Bush fell on it at the Philly 31. Three plays and 8 yards later, without picking up a first down on the drive, the Packers kicked the game winner, the Packers were 1-0 on their way to the NFC Championship game, and the legend of "La Cucharacha" was born.

Highlights- http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2007090902/2007/REG1/eagles@packers/watch

packerbacker1234
09-07-2010, 09:37 AM

Jarrett Bush won us that game by himself. No joke. He DESTROYED the returner on the opening kickoff, forcing a fumble that was recovered in the endzone for a TD. Later, tie game 13-13 with one minute left, the Packers had a short punt, and the returner had to run around Bush to get to it, muffed it, and Bush fell on it at the Philly 31. Three plays and 8 yards later, without picking up a first down on the drive, the Packers kicked the game winner, the Packers were 1-0 on their way to the NFC Championship game, and the legend of "La Cucharacha" was born.

Highlights- http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2007090902/2007/REG1/eagles@packers/watch

oh, there is no doubt that Bush is a pretty good special teams player. There are also worse CB's in the league them him as well. I have nothing against Bush and his special teams play, he just should not be covering anything other than a teams 5th wr.

As for "not having a set return man" - on the depth chart the last 3 seasons, Will Blackmon was penciled in as the returner. Sure, he kept getting hurt, but bottom line is he was the main guy, and heading into this year, he was suppose to be that guy again. He got hurt.

Last year, we had Nelson do some spot duty and I am sure he and maybe Brandon Jackson are going to be "the guys" as well. I would hate to see the situation get so bad we have to put Woodson back in at Punt Return like we did a few years back, but he was pretty good at and Woodson stated he WANTS to return punts. The problem was that we just can't afford for him to get hurt on returning a punt, even if vfor him it's like the same thing as returning a pick.

I think Bush is good for our punt and Kickoff coverage. I just am unsure about our return game. Outside of Woodson, who realistically shouldn't even be considered anymore, we really don't have anyone dynamic enough to be returning kicks. Blackman was the only proven commodity.

mngolf19
09-07-2010, 12:54 PM

Then we have an AFC Sunday Night game, but that will be watchable too!! This Sunday is going to football from noon until I go to sleep!! Can't wait.

It will feel great if we have a game up on the Vikings to open the season. It seems so small, but that one game advantage is huge in a division that is going to be hard fought.

Since I see no better than a 4-4 start for the Vikes, you should get your advantage. It's the second half of the season they will make hay.

Cheesehead Craig
09-07-2010, 01:28 PM

Since I see no better than a 4-4 start for the Vikes, you should get your advantage. It's the second half of the season they will make hay.
Well, Brett can make hay on his ranch, so there is some truth to that statement.

ThunderDan
09-08-2010, 04:30 PM

I know. but i don't think they can televise both games. If you get the pack you won't get Chi/Det and vice versa. I'm sure i will be getting the chi/det game, therefor no packers. booooo.

Fox in Madison has the Det/Chi game at noon and Pack/Phi late game.