PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of U-75 formation?

CaliforniaCheez
09-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Do you think Bulaga will get some snaps at TE as part of a U-75 formation?

I think it would be interesting as Rodgers can still throw from it and the running game can take advantage of it.

If Clifton stays healthy, I look for the U-75 to be unveiled by the 1st Bears game.

pbmax
09-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Bulaga-Clifton-Colledge-Wells-Sitton-Tauscher-Crabtree
--------------------------Rodgers---------------------------
---------------------------Hall-------Johnson---------------
---------------------------Kuhn------------------------------

I think Rowdy Roddy Piper would call this the: "We are here to kick ass and chew bubblegum. And we are all out of bubblegum" formation.

hoosier
09-06-2010, 08:44 PM

I think Rowdy Roddy Piper would call this the: "We are here to kick ass and chew bubblegum. And we are all out of bubblegum" formation.

Aside from Rodgers, I would call it the "Nobody on our side of the ball can outrun Fat Pat" formation.

imscott72
09-06-2010, 10:54 PM

That's a gorgeous looking formation. Hell I'd love to run behind that one.. :lol:

channtheman
09-06-2010, 11:46 PM

I think it would be interesting as Rodgers can still throw from it and the running game can take advantage of it.

If Clifton stays healthy, I look for the U-75 to be unveiled by the 1st Bears game.

Who would he throw it to?

Actually I think it would be fucking hilarious to see that formation and then he DOES throw it. And thinking about it, Tauscher's caught a few TD's in his career, I guess we'd throw it to him.

packerbacker1234
09-07-2010, 09:30 AM

Actually I think it would be fucking hilarious to see that formation and then he DOES throw it. And thinking about it, Tauscher's caught a few TD's in his career, I guess we'd throw it to him.

Well, Hall and Kuhn are always options, but it would be nothing other than dump offs. I think the only way this becomes a realistic throwing formation is to sub in Donald Lee for Crabtree. Overall, Crabtree may be a better blocker, but Donald Lee is a pretty good blocker himself, and he can catch. It wasn't too long ago he was our starting TE, so that would be a realistic passing option as well off of PA in the Red Zone.

BlueBrewer
09-07-2010, 09:58 AM
there is enough beef, put Finley on the end and totally open up the possibilities. That would be impossible to defend.

Smidgeon
09-07-2010, 11:12 AM

Really? I can only remember one, and it was called back due to penalty. I'd love to know if he has because I like the guy a lot.

channtheman
09-07-2010, 11:35 AM

Really? I can only remember one, and it was called back due to penalty. I'd love to know if he has because I like the guy a lot.

I remember the one called back, but I thought he had at least 2 before that. I'm almost positive of one.

EDIT: Actually you are right, that was the only reception he ever had. I must have been thinking of somebody else.

Smidgeon
09-07-2010, 11:43 AM

I remember the one called back, but I thought he had at least 2 before that. I'm almost positive of one.

EDIT: Actually you are right, that was the only reception he ever had. I must have been thinking of somebody else.

Shucks. I was hoping I was wrong.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Or instead of two fullbacks, throw Jennings on the outside. You would almost have to double him cuz he would destory single coverage on a play fake.

CaliforniaCheez
09-07-2010, 03:27 PM
In a U-75 you would have a two tight end formation.

You can still have Driver, Jennings, and Finley as receivers if you have Rodgers and a back.

Remember even during preseason the TE would come in motion and the ball was snapped when he was near Rodgers so the TE could help block any blitzers.

It could be much more than a power running formation.