PDA

View Full Version : Packers looking at S Gerald Alexander

Brandon494
09-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Rob Demovsky- In addition to KR Clifton Smith, the Packers also worked out free agent S Gerald Alexander on Tuesday.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4233

Fritz
09-07-2010, 06:32 PM
The Lions had hopes for him when they drafted him but he got hurt early and often.

Joemailman
09-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Has he been hurt this year? He started 10 games for Jax last year, and had 55 tackles and 2 INT's. Stats don't tell the whole story of course, but he has some experience. Anyone here seen him play? If the Packers like him, I wouldn't be surprised if they let Bigby go.

Lurker64
09-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Has he been hurt this year? He started 10 games for Jax last year, and had 55 tackles and 2 INT's. Stats don't tell the whole story of course, but he has some experience. Anyone here seen him play? If the Packers like him, I wouldn't be surprised if they let Bigby go.

Bigby's on the PUP list, so he we wouldn't be forced to cut him for somebody else until at the earliest at week 6 (at the latest, week 12). He could take over for Peprah though.

Joemailman
09-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Yeah, I realize that if they sign him now, it would probably be a Peprah's expense. I have a feeling though that they're pretty pissed at Bigby, and might just let him go if they can sign a veteran safety.

Lurker64
09-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Yeah, I realize that if they sign him now, it would probably be a Peprah's expense. I have a feeling though that they're pretty pissed at Bigby, and might just let him go if they can sign a veteran safety.

Eh, if you bring Bigby back after week 6, you'll have him in a contract year for a playoff push. There's worse things than a motivated healthy Atari Bigby.