PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Playoff Game (AZ off PI)

Smidgeon
09-07-2010, 09:43 PM
From GBPG:

When the NFL sent an officiating crew to Green Bay to work a few training camp practices last month, Whitt asked some of those officials to watch the tape of those plays against Woodson from the Arizona game.

“They said it should have been called offensive pass interference on both plays,” Whitt said. “Well, that doesn’t do us any good because they scored two touchdowns on us. They said they saw that game at home, and there should have been flags thrown for offensive pass interference, and it happened twice. That’s 14 points, and we win the game. That’s very disappointing, and it won’t happen again.

Smidgeon
09-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Finally! Vindication!

channtheman
09-07-2010, 10:07 PM
We're talking about the Fitzgerald TD's where he just bulled right over Woodson right? The refs sucked in that game, I don't know what else to say.

Lurker64
09-07-2010, 10:12 PM
I really wish the NFL would make "offensive pass interference" a point of emphasis one of these years. Of course, there's no way they would do it since it would result in less scoring and would upset Peyton Manning.

digitaldean
09-07-2010, 10:50 PM
This kind of crap has been going since Michael "push off" Irvin and the 90s.

As for the refs calling off. PI, I'll believe it when I see it.

packerbacker1234
09-07-2010, 11:07 PM
The question isn't if it's been calle dbefore - I remember watching games where it was clearly called and was right, and other times a bit ticky tack.

Thing was, in the Arizona game, it was pretty obvious. Here you have the defensive MVP of hte entire NFL - a top 3 1 on 1 cover corner in the league, he;'s got blanket coverage on BOTH plays, and fitz just shoves him away and gets two td's.

I mean, it was so f'in obvious I don't even know what to say. OH WHAT A GREAT CATCH MY FITZ IN THE BACK OF HTE ENDZONE! "yeah, you mean what an amazing bowling over woodson job"

It is 14 points, 14 points where woodson, in both cases, had position on the WR, and litterally got pushed/ran over with no calls.

The refs overall didn't come through on the obvious things in that game on 3 big moments for GB. No helmet to helmet on the QB in OT, and no calls on two obvious offenseive pass interferences. Yes, our defense played bad and these are not the only reasons we lost, but all 3 calls were crucial points in hte game that could of made a difference.

bobblehead
09-08-2010, 04:55 AM
Did they mention anything about the cardinals eclipsing Karl Malones record for picks set in one game??

Fritz
09-08-2010, 06:40 AM
That's the one that pissed me off. It was so obvious they were picking off defenders and the refs never even blinked.

MichiganPackerFan
09-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Urge to kill rising...

red
09-08-2010, 02:53 PM
JERRY RICE DIDN'T CATCH THAT GODDAMN BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

channtheman
09-08-2010, 03:33 PM

You man he fumbled it right?

red
09-08-2010, 03:40 PM

You man he fumbled it right?

maybe

i just remember i'm pissed at rice for something