PDA

View Full Version : Peterson and his Fumbling

steve823
09-08-2010, 01:05 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/08/adrian-peterson-thinks-he-has-solved-his-fumbling-problem/

Good article. I don't think he can just fix his fumbling problem because even if he fixes his "instincts", he still has the reputation for fumbling and everyone will just go for the ball. I mean besides Tiki Barber I can't think of many people that fixed a fumbling problem. What do you guys think?

I also thought this was funny:
Peterson offers a warning: "I look forward for guys to try and tackle me and tackle the ball. They might not be on the field too long if they continue to do that."

I think Peterson has 7 fumbles this season - and 2 more IF they make the playoffs :D

ThunderDan
09-08-2010, 01:11 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/08/adrian-peterson-thinks-he-has-solved-his-fumbling-problem/

Good article. I don't think he can just fix his fumbling problem because even if he fixes his "instincts", he still has the reputation for fumbling and everyone will just go for the ball. I mean besides Tiki Barber I can't think of many people that fixed a fumbling problem. What do you guys think?

I also thought this was funny:
Peterson offers a warning: "I look forward for guys to try and tackle me and tackle the ball. They might not be on the field too long if they continue to do that."

I think Peterson has 7 fumbles this season - and 2 more IF they make the playoffs :D

Only 2 in the playoffs? It seems like he is correcting his fumbling problem. :lol: :lol:

steve823
09-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Haha..well I expect them to only play 1 game in the playoffs and be knocked out. Though I would love to see a Packers vs Vikings NFC championship game in Lambeau.

Tony Oday
09-08-2010, 02:18 PM
What defensive guy DOESNT go for the ball?

packerbacker1234
09-08-2010, 06:30 PM
What defensive guy DOESNT go for the ball?

One that are trying to make a tackle. Against AP if all you do is go for the ball, he's going to rack up 200 yards rushing and 4 TD's. Sure maybe he fumbled twice, but does it matter when he has 200 yards and put 28 points on the board?

Bottom line isn't so much the regular season - it's can he learn to protect it in key situations in the playoffs. He has to know in a tight game, driving, it's more important to not fumble then to break a big run.

Joemailman
09-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Great running backs tend to fumble because they don't go down easily. He probably won't solve his fumbling problem, and it won't matter as long as he remains a great running back. The top 6 running backs in terns of fumbles are Franco Harris, Tony Dorsett, Walter Payton, Eric Dickerson, Ollie Matson and Marcus Allen. Pretty sure they're all in the HOF.

Freak Out
09-08-2010, 07:57 PM
I think I would be more worried about him keeping his head on straight in big games.....like the damn NFC championship game.

Patler
09-08-2010, 08:10 PM
The top 6 running backs in terns of fumbles are Franco Harris, Tony Dorsett, Walter Payton, Eric Dickerson, Ollie Matson and Marcus Allen. Pretty sure they're all in the HOF.

Total fumbles, or fumbles/touch?

pbmax
09-08-2010, 09:08 PM
The top 6 running backs in terns of fumbles are Franco Harris, Tony Dorsett, Walter Payton, Eric Dickerson, Ollie Matson and Marcus Allen. Pretty sure they're all in the HOF.
You are missing Greg Pruitt, who at 83, is right behind Walter Payton.

Bring back the tear-away jersey.