PDA

View Full Version : What to do when a relative is playing for the Bears??

GrnBay007
08-04-2006, 12:47 AM
Got the news today. First Pop Warner meeting and my son is on the Bears team. :shock: :razz:

wait.....it gets better: Games are on Sunday scheduled somewhere from 10am-4pm.

wait, wait....gets even better: First game of the season - Sept. 10th. Does that date ring a bell with anyone??

oh my.....the things we go through as parents! :shock: :razz:

Bretsky
08-04-2006, 12:49 AM
since you can't wear anything saying Bears on it you'll have to show solidarity to the team concept by going to games topless :wink:

HarveyWallbangers
08-04-2006, 12:50 AM

Do you live in Green Bay?

GrnBay007
08-04-2006, 12:52 AM

Do you live in Green Bay?

I wish!! I'm in Iowa

HarveyWallbangers
08-04-2006, 12:53 AM
Figures. That's just plain assinine.

Homer Jay
08-04-2006, 12:57 AM
Every August here in Cumberland we have our Rutabaga Festival. A band of gypsies runs the carnival part of the fair. Rumor has it that they sometimes will buy young children for a pretty decent price. I'm just saying.

GrnBay007
08-04-2006, 12:58 AM
LOL they were the Dolphins last year....no feelings for or against the Dolphins ..........except the whole damn uniform was white......put a lot of time into getting grass stains out!!!

GrnBay007
08-04-2006, 12:59 AM
Every August here in Cumberland we have our Rutabaga Festival. A band of gypsies runs the carnival part of the fair. Rumor has it that they sometimes will buy young children for a pretty decent price. I'm just saying.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

LOL U goof!!

Homer Jay
08-04-2006, 01:01 AM
Who in the upper mid west (Packer country) schedules anything for Sunday afternoons in the fall? Blasphemous!

GrnBay007
08-04-2006, 01:04 AM
Figures. That's just plain assinine.

All the games are not played on Sunday obviously but his league has Sunday games. Seems so odd people that support football would schedule any of the games during NFL games. I gently attempted to pursued him to move up to the next weight level but he wanted to stay where he was last year and be the big guy. ...guess I can't blame him. Next year he won't have a choice ....unless he fails to gain 4 lbs in a year....lol

Homer Jay
08-04-2006, 01:06 AM

:shock: :shock: :shock:

LOL U goof!!

So you don't want me to mention it to Durriken? :wink:

GrnBay007
08-04-2006, 01:09 AM
I'll take a pass on Durriken!!

My son is a big time Packer fan....but he does have a sense of humor. When the coach announced they are going to be the Bears this year I could feel him staring at me to see my reaction. When I looked at him he was laughing.

Homer Jay
08-04-2006, 01:12 AM
Time to warm up the Tivo or the VCR. Maybe you'll get lucky and get a lot of early games when they play late and late games when they play early. How long do the games last?

GrnBay007
08-04-2006, 01:15 AM
You are right.....need to get a system in to place now. Last year there was about 3 or 4 games I had to miss. I took a portable radio with me. :oops: Games last about 2 hours. The first game though.....that is the one that really hurts....the Packer/Bear game.

Homer Jay
08-04-2006, 01:23 AM
It's a 3:15 game, so I'll be hoping you play at 10:00. I live close to Minnesota, so the Viking games are always the biggest to me. But after last year I'd really like to see Brett get his dominance over the Bears back.

Patler
08-04-2006, 03:14 AM
Got the news today. First Pop Warner meeting and my son is on the Bears team. :shock: :razz:

Have you considered a preseason holdout, and a demand to be traded??? :?:

GrnBay007
08-04-2006, 03:38 AM
Have you considered a preseason holdout, and a demand to be traded??? :?:

LOL good one!! Where is Rosenhaus when I need him???? :razz:

MJZiggy
08-04-2006, 06:43 AM
Just make sure if you happen to be listening on the 10th that you don't stand up and shout "F'in Bears!!" in the middle of your son's game.

Scott Campbell
08-04-2006, 08:00 AM
I'm not sure Vince would approve of any of this.

red
08-04-2006, 08:29 AM
well i think mommy needs to come up with a new "job" that she has on sundays that prevent her from going to the games. then hire a baby sitter to take this bundle of problems to his games

are you married 007? if so. trial separation and insist the father needs to spend more time with the kid (on the weekends). this just has to last for the pop warner season

sure these may be damaging to the kid, but you have to get your priorities straight

woodbuck27
08-04-2006, 08:43 AM
I'll take a pass on Durriken!!

My son is a big time Packer fan....but he does have a sense of humor. When the coach announced they are going to be the Bears this year I could feel him staring at me to see my reaction. When I looked at him he was laughing.

GrnBay007:

That's cool ! I was a Packer fan at 12 year's of age. I was first a Milwaukee Brave fan in 1957, and went from that to "the Packers", the first year that we had Lombardi.

Teach your boy "the Packer History" that will certainly help to lock him in as now your facing double jeopardy. Packers-Bears, quite a dilemma. :mrgreen:

How does a Lady in Iowa become such a strong Packer fan?

Many lakes in Iowa?

BallHawk
08-04-2006, 09:00 AM
I had sort of the same thing last year. My baseball coach scheduled practices on Sundays at 1:00 and the practices would run for three hours. I skipped two and said I was sick, but I had to go to the others. Later that season I found out he had hurt his leg playing football in high school and suffered a lot of pain in it. Maybe that's why he scheduled games at those times, to get revenge? :?:

red
08-04-2006, 09:03 AM
of course i think its only fair that we send people to these games to observe what goes on there, and make sure certain members of this site aren't seen wearing anything that has "bears" on it, yell anything like "go bears", or be seen standing near people wearing and yelling those type of horrible things

there are real bears fans..........

(ok ok, we all know there are no real bears fans, let me correct that)

ther are "fair weather" bears fans out there that are just waiting for the chance to take pictures of packer fans cheering for the bears so they can post the pics all over the net and claim packer fans are converting because their team is better

of course the observer would also make sure 007 yells the mandatory 10 "bears still suck" chants during the games in which she watches any team named the bears, play a game

GBRulz
08-04-2006, 09:10 AM
maybe you can take mad's avatar and made a cool t-shirt out of it?

I'm referring to the one of the Packer fan going wee-wee on a bears helmet.

Scott Campbell
08-05-2006, 09:42 AM
When you get the team picture, you could always scan it and Photoshop in the Packers colors/logo. Once the season ends, I suggest you carefully remove all evidence from your home that he was once a...............Bear.

Kids these days have so much more to deal with than when we were kids. Hopefully your health plan will cover his counsiling/deprogramming.

mraynrand
08-05-2006, 11:12 AM
007, You live in Iowa, what did you expect? Iowans don't even know that football exists after Saturday. Either they are so happy that the Hawkeyes won that they're hung over til Monday, or they're so depressed that the Hawkeyes lost that they're staring into the barrel of a shotgun contemplating oblivion. Those in denial take their kids to pop warner games.

GrnBay007
09-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Well, opening day for the lil Bears. :D ....if they play, it's raining and supposed to rain all day.

I lucked out this weekend, he plays the early game so we will be home in plenty of time for the Packer game.

He got #50, so he's happy he got Hawks #.....just wrong team.

Homer Jay
09-10-2006, 09:31 AM
Good luck to the lil bears, and the Big Pack. Have a great time.

GrnBay007
09-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Lost 12-6 :sad:

Scott Campbell
09-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Lost 12-6 :sad:

Yes!!!!!

Oh, sorry for your son. But I was rooting against the Bears.

MJZiggy
09-10-2006, 02:28 PM
Ok, they lost, but did he do his best?

This is kids league after all.

GrnBay007
09-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Ok, they lost, but did he do his best?

Of course, always! :mrgreen: He had 4 tackles.

He never complains about a L ....only comments about his play, nobody else. Something I hope he continues to do throughout his years of playing.

oregonpackfan
09-10-2006, 07:49 PM
[quote="GrnBay007".except the whole damn uniform was white......put a lot of time into getting grass stains out!!![/quote]

GrnBay007,

As the unofficial "Laundry Person" in my family(no snide comments about my masculinity now!), I suggest Oxy Clean as the best way to get out stains from a white uniform.

My older daughter was a scrappy second baseman on her softball team and a forward on her soccer team. She was constantly getting grass, dirt, and blood stains from sliding into base, sliding on the soccer field, etc.

Take the uniform and spray the stained area with water. Rub the powedered form of Oxy Clean into it until you get a paste(you may have to add more water) covering the entire stained area. Let the uniform sit for at least 30 minutes. Then just toss the uniform in the wash(you can cerainly add other laundery) on warm water.

The stains came out nearly 100% of the time.

OPF

GrnBay007
09-10-2006, 07:57 PM
[quote="GrnBay007".except the whole damn uniform was white......put a lot of time into getting grass stains out!!!

GrnBay007,

As the unofficial "Laundry Person" in my family(no snide comments about my masculinity now!), I suggest Oxy Clean as the best way to get out stains from a white uniform.

My older daughter was a scrappy second baseman on her softball team and a forward on her soccer team. She was constantly getting grass, dirt, and blood stains from sliding into base, sliding on the soccer field, etc.

Take the uniform and spray the stained area with water. Rub the powedered form of Oxy Clean into it until you get a paste(you may have to add more water) covering the entire stained area. Let the uniform sit for at least 30 minutes. Then just toss the uniform in the wash(you can cerainly add other laundery) on warm water.

The stains came out nearly 100% of the time.

OPF

I want a man that does laundry!!!!!!!

Thanks OPF! Actually the white pants were last year....this year is black...whew! But that may come in very handly for getting stains out of his jersey. Today was just a muddy mess.....rained all morning and throughout the whole game.

GrnBay007
10-15-2006, 04:06 PM
OK, lil Bears are on a roll....3 game winning streak! They are now 3-3. But the best news of the day......my lil guy got his first touchdown!!!! :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: I don't know who was more excited, me or him.

MJZiggy
10-15-2006, 04:12 PM
Way to go Little Packer-Shoulda-Been!!!

Playing for the wrong team, but a score is a score when it's your kid...

And that's right. Very sexy when a man comes into a room with a basket of clean sheets...why don't they teach guys these things??

BEARMAN
10-15-2006, 04:22 PM
Well, opening day for the lil Bears. :D ....if they play, it's raining and supposed to rain all day.

I lucked out this weekend, he plays the early game so we will be home in plenty of time for the Packer game.

He got #50, so he's happy he got Hawks #.....just wrong team.
That is a GREAT BEARS number, one of the best LB'ers ever to play football, Mr. Mike Singltery.