PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Graham Talkin' Smack

vince
09-08-2010, 04:23 PM
http://www.csnphilly.com/09/08/10/Graham-Rodgers-Exchange-Some-Words/landing_eagleeye.html?blockID=306730&feedID=3041

Graham, Rodgers Exchange Some Words

Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Posted: 4:10 p.m.

By Jordan Raanan
CSNPhilly.com Contributor

Brandon Graham has a dream. A dream that involves planting Aaron Rodgers on his backside on Sunday, more than once.

'I cant wait to whisper something in Aaron Rodgers ear…..SACK!!!!!!" Graham wrote on his Twitter account earlier in the week.

A little trash talk before his first NFL game. Brandon Graham is going to fit in perfectly in Philadelphia.

The Eagles' first-round pick will be especially popular in the Delaware Valley if he continues to impress as he did in training camp and in the preseason. He's going to be legendary if he fulfills his own dreams. Two to three sacks each game, 16 games each season, 10 or so years in the league … that's a lot of sacks.

"You just need to have some fun with it. You've got to dream about taking [Rodgers] down, so I'm just telling you what I'm dreaming," Graham said Wednesday afternoon. "I'm dreaming about taking him down two or three times and being a factor in the game, the whole game."

That would make a lot of people happy. The Eagles would be happy. Graham's partner on the other side of the line, Trent Cole, would be happy. New general manager Howie Roseman -- who traded up 11 spots to grab Graham -- would be happy. Eagles fans would be happy. Michigan fans would be happy.

And most of all, Graham would be happy his dream came true.

Rodgers probably wouldn't be so happy.

When told of Graham's tweet his initial response was, "What's he going to whisper in my ear?"

After being told "SACK!!!!" Rodgers in so many words told the Eagles' rookie to bring it on.

"Is he?" Rodgers responded. "I enjoy the banter back and forth. Always have. I enjoy going to a hostile environment. It just adds energy and electricity to the game. And Brandon's a really good player. He's going to be a really good player for a long time. I'm hopeful we'll be able to keep him off me and out of my ear."

Jordan Raanan has covered the Eagles for Metro Newspapers and then CSNPhilly.com since 2005. You can follow him on Twitter @jraanan or email him at jraanan@hotmail.com.

swede
09-08-2010, 04:32 PM
When told of Graham's tweet his initial response was, "What's he going to whisper in my ear?"

After being told "SACK!!!!" Rodgers in so many words told the Eagles' rookie to bring it on.

"Is he?" Rodgers responded. "I enjoy the banter back and forth. Always have. I enjoy going to a hostile environment. It just adds energy and electricity to the game. And Brandon's a really good player. He's going to be a really good player for a long time. I'm hopeful we'll be able to keep him off me and out of my ear."

.[/quote]

Rogers has a great knack for diplomacy. I loved his response. It was respectful, took no offense, had some fun with it, and left no bulletin board material for the Iggles.

What a cool guy. I should call him and see if he wants to hang out.

red
09-08-2010, 04:39 PM
if i'm on the eagles i'm telling the rookie to STFU

why give a very very good player from the other team any extra motivation to smoke your team?

Joemailman
09-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Graham is planning on sacking Rodgers? Um...isn't that what he is supposed to do? Not much to see here. Move on.

get louder at lambeau
09-08-2010, 08:03 PM
I was hoping the Packers would get to draft Graham. I like the attitude. Nothing wrong with it at all. But I'd be willing to bet he doesn't get to touch Rodgers.

bobblehead
09-08-2010, 08:10 PM
I was hoping the Packers would get to draft Graham. I like the attitude. Nothing wrong with it at all. But I'd be willing to bet he doesn't get to touch Rodgers.

+1

BUt come sunday I hope we make him look like a flop of a pick. Really nothing here though, not like he said he is going to injure AR or anything like that. I wonder if AR will whisper "six" in his ear the first time he scrambles right to avoid him and hits Finley for a score.

pbmax
09-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Tauscher versus Graham, isn't it? Wisconsin versus Michigan. As long as Philly doesn't run any trick plays, Tauscher (and Rodgers) will be fine.

Packgator
09-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Graham's been called into the Principals' Office.....

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/Graham_chastised_for_tweet.html

bobblehead
09-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Tauscher versus Graham, isn't it? Wisconsin versus Michigan. As long as Philly doesn't run any trick plays, Tauscher (and Rodgers) will be fine.

Mark Tauscher has made a pretty good career out of shutting down guys who are "better" than he is. I expect sunday to be no different.

MichiganPackerFan
09-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Awesome professional response from Rodgers!