PDA

View Full Version : PFT POWER RANK - Saints,COLTS,RAVENS,VIKINGS (Packers @ 7)

woodbuck27
09-08-2010, 04:25 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/07/pfts-week-zero-power-rankings/

1. New Orleans Saints: With the Jets, Vikings, Cowboys, and Packers getting all of the preseason attention, the defending champions have been largely ignored. And they surely like it that way.

2. Indianapolis Colts: Until someone in the AFC can knock the Colts off, they'll continue to be at the top of the conference.

3. Baltimore Ravens: The Ravens may be the team to knock off the Colts.

4. Minnesota Vikings: If Brett Favre can stay healthy, this team will be right back in the thick of things come January. Just in time for the season to implode in spectacular fashion.

5. Dallas Cowboys: A glaring weakness at left tackle ultimately could keep the Cowboys from playing in the Super Bowl they'll host.

6. New York Jets: The Jets get credit for having a very good team, but all that talk doesn't translate to wins. If anything, it makes getting them even harder.

7. Green Bay Packers: The trendy pick to win the Super Bowl has to prove that it can overcome a still-suspect offensive line and a defense that will be without Al Harris for at least six weeks.

8. New England Patriots: The Pats could quickly plummet if they can't overcome a rash of injuries.

9. San Diego Chargers: They've got an easy path back to the postseason. Whether they can do a better job once they get there remains to be seen.

10. Pittsburgh Steelers: If safety Troy Polamalu can stay healthy, the Steelers can climb to the very top of this ladder.

Hit LINK for the rest of this ranking.

GO PACK GO !

Tony Oday
09-08-2010, 07:39 PM
What is with all this about the offensive line? When we had these five guys that we do now they played great ball

pbmax
09-08-2010, 07:44 PM
I love Florio's site. But actual game analysis, or any X and O detail, just gets him into trouble.

mission
09-08-2010, 07:50 PM
I love Florio's site. But actual game analysis, or any X and O detail, just gets him into trouble.

Agreed. The site is a tabloid, the TMZ of football. It's great for what it is and I find myself laughing at a lot of the comments from readers. The entertainment value is definitely there there.

But when those guys start trying to act all professional and show up on TV shows and all that, well... I guess I laugh at that too. So it works.

We were without Al Harris for a bunch of games last season and we already showed we can protect Aaron Rodgers. Allen Barbre? He can't. What a joke that we opened the season at RT with a guy who didn't even make the team. Haven't really thought about that until now. OL is at the bottom end of my worries.

bobblehead
09-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Any analysis that says "If Brett Favre can stay healthy" is kinda suspect to start with. What in the last 20 years would lead to this statement. Why not say that about any of the top 10 teams. "if their QB can stay healthy". Of those teams only one has a QB that has started 5,374 straight games, and THAT is the team they make the statement about. Fucking morons.

gbgary
09-08-2010, 07:59 PM
dallas SUCKS! no way dallas or the jets should be ranked above us...ravens even. minn?

HarveyWallbangers
09-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Florio = Vikings fan

pbmax
09-08-2010, 09:25 PM

Agreed. The site is a tabloid, the TMZ of football. It's great for what it is and I find myself laughing at a lot of the comments from readers. The entertainment value is definitely there there.

But when those guys start trying to act all professional and show up on TV shows and all that, well... I guess I laugh at that too. So it works.

We were without Al Harris for a bunch of games last season and we already showed we can protect Aaron Rodgers. Allen Barbre? He can't. What a joke that we opened the season at RT with a guy who didn't even make the team. Haven't really thought about that until now. OL is at the bottom end of my worries.
They can comment (at least Florio can) on contractual matters well, one of the best features of his site is the breakdown of contracts into their constituent parts. He has a good feel for the back and forth of negotiation. He also did a bang up job during the 2006 CBA negotiations. And he has a nose for the criminal cases that occasionally pop up. He was the one that smelled out the Virginia DA trying to ignore the Vick case and rightly concluded the Feds might get involved is that DA kept ignoring and downplaying it.

He does make a hash of some issues, the owners opening CBA offer was confusing enough, his explanation, backtrack and then incorrect conclusion made it worse.

pbmax
09-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Florio = Vikings fan
Yes, but that is not what's happening there. Its essentially the draft order reversed. "They" are simply taking the end of last season and using it as a starting point. Useless, but probably not the product of Viking Group Think.

Pugger
09-09-2010, 12:15 AM
I'm glad he didn't put us higher and crow about us winning it all. I cringe whenever I hear other "experts" on TV or see stuff on the Internet about the Pack being one of the favs to win it. Its almost a jinx. Every time those clowns pick a team to win it never comes true! :doh: