PDA

View Full Version : Percy Harvin

hoosier
09-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Apparently Percy Harvin has been diagnosed with sleep apnea, which is said to be contributing to his migranes. Yikes! I thought sleep apnea mostly affected obese middle-aged people. But now we have learned that apnea, like gout, also affects professional athletes.

swede
09-10-2010, 04:05 PM
He should see if Ricky Williams can recommend a good homeopathic course of treatment.

MadScientist
09-10-2010, 08:33 PM
He should see if Ricky Williams can recommend a good homeopathic course of treatment.
I think you mean herbal treatment. :D

Of course Ricky's herbs are not likely to be good for breathing problems.

Serious note, I do hope this helps Percy. Migraines are bad news, especially with the collapse he had a practice, and the details of his sleep apnea sound scary.

Fritz
09-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Apparently Percy Harvin has been diagnosed with sleep apnea, which is said to be contributing to his migranes. Yikes! I thought sleep apnea mostly affected obese middle-aged people. But now we have learned that apnea, like gout, also affects professional athletes.

Hoosier, I think your icon under your name is a candidate for sleep apnea.

gbgary
09-10-2010, 09:11 PM
wasn't it a contributing factor in reggie's death?

channtheman
09-11-2010, 01:21 AM
wasn't it a contributing factor in reggie's death?

I believe so.

MichiganPackerFan
09-11-2010, 09:28 AM
A lot more serious than it sounds, and the treatments can be extreme to say the least. On the field "hate" the guy. Off the field, i feel bad for him for a physical condition that really challenges his ability to succeed in his profession.

retailguy
09-11-2010, 10:33 AM
A lot more serious than it sounds, and the treatments can be extreme to say the least. On the field "hate" the guy. Off the field, i feel bad for him for a physical condition that really challenges his ability to succeed in his profession.

I'm conflicted. He's my 3rd WR in one of my fantasy leagues this season. :x