PDA

View Full Version : Mum's the Word

ND72
08-04-2006, 10:10 AM
Mum's the word: So far, defensive tackle Ryan Pickett has not responded to a woman's claim that she and the other three passengers in the vehicle that collided with his Ford Expedition Saturday were hurt more than he made it out to be.

Pickett, who was cited for failing to yield while making a left turn just outside Lambeau Field, has not made himself available during the open locker room sessions the past two days.

Pamela Young, 37, of Green Bay, told the Green Bay Press-Gazette on Tuesday that that she felt most of the attention has been on Pickett's injuries and not of those in her car. She said she suffered significant injuries to both knees, and one of the other passengers, an 18 year-old male, lost consciousness after suffering a fractured skull.

She said she has not heard from Pickett.

According to Green Bay police officer Kelly Molitor, who was on the scene and filled out the accident report, Pickett was concerned about the people in the other car and inquired with the first officer on the scene about the well-being of the others.

"That was the first thing out of his mouth," Molitor said.

Molitor said the 18-year-old male didn't lose consciousness but was dazed and officers were concerned he might be going into shock. She said all of the people involved in the accident were able to talk at the scene.

Attempts to reach Young for comment were unsuccessful.

According to the police report, only one of the four occupants in Young's car was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the accident. All were transported to the hospital by ambulance.

The report said Young did not have insurance. Pickett, who suffered a minor head injury, does have insurance.

Young said in the story that she planned to contact an attorney soon.

GBRulz
08-04-2006, 10:12 AM
There is already a long thread about this....please join our discussion there :)

ND72
08-04-2006, 10:25 AM
my bad, i looked but didn't see anything on that, the actual new story, not he old story.

ND72
08-04-2006, 10:26 AM
christ now i found it.

the_idle_threat
08-04-2006, 11:41 AM
http://biblia.com/oracion/jesus-face-mercy.jpg

"Very glad you did, my son."

Rastak
08-04-2006, 12:01 PM
http://biblia.com/oracion/jesus-face-mercy.jpg

"Very glad you did, my son."

How did a guy born in the middle east end up looking like a white dude from England?

the_idle_threat
08-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Revisionist history. :D

Deputy Nutz
08-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Gee she didn't have any insurance on that Dodge Spirit of hers. I also wonder why nobody cares about the dodge spirit, she didn't care enough about her car, herself and the passengers of her car to protect them with insurance, why should we care about them?

red
08-04-2006, 02:55 PM
Gee she didn't have any insurance on that Dodge Spirit of hers. I also wonder why nobody cares about the dodge spirit, she didn't care enough about her car, herself and the passengers of her car to protect them with insurance, why should we care about them?

well said

lets see, this lady has overblown the injuries, remember in her first statement she claimed one of the girls needed plastic sugury because her face was so messed up, now there nothing about it. only 1 out of 4 were wearing a seatbelt, which is the law in the front seat in wisconsin, she claims picket doesn't care at all about them, when the cop shot that story down, and why would pickett call if the cops told him everyone was all right, and don't insurance companies tell people not to talk to the other people if you are in an accident? and i would have to guess they were speeding, if the speed limit is 35 and she totaled her car to the point that it crushed her knees and broke the guys skull from hitting the side of the suv, then she had to be going faster then 35.

she can blame pickett for the wreck, but not for all of them getting hurt if none of them were wearing their seatbelts

and at this point the lady is kind of looking like a hater and a liar based on the things shes said

just IMO

Lare
08-04-2006, 04:04 PM
The more this lady talks to the media, the more she comes across as a golddigger. I wonder if she's a 49ers fan?

Rastak
08-04-2006, 09:10 PM
The more this lady talks to the media, the more she comes across as a golddigger. I wonder if she's a 49ers fan?

Could be...or maybe she's just a person who hates being in the hospital because someone didn;t look both ways?

:cool:

LEWCWA
08-04-2006, 09:16 PM
He was Jewish!!

MJZiggy
08-04-2006, 09:19 PM
That's Mel Gibson's problem now.

falco
08-04-2006, 09:59 PM

well said

lets see, this lady has overblown the injuries, remember in her first statement she claimed one of the girls needed plastic sugury because her face was so messed up, now there nothing about it. only 1 out of 4 were wearing a seatbelt, which is the law in the front seat in wisconsin, she claims picket doesn't care at all about them, when the cop shot that story down, and why would pickett call if the cops told him everyone was all right, and don't insurance companies tell people not to talk to the other people if you are in an accident? and i would have to guess they were speeding, if the speed limit is 35 and she totaled her car to the point that it crushed her knees and broke the guys skull from hitting the side of the suv, then she had to be going faster then 35.

she can blame pickett for the wreck, but not for all of them getting hurt if none of them were wearing their seatbelts

and at this point the lady is kind of looking like a hater and a liar based on the things shes said

just IMO

boy, if you're all willing to spin this in pickett's favor, i wonder what you would do for brett. he could probably shoot someone in cold blood and you all would be pissed at them for getting in the way of his bullet.

the_idle_threat
08-05-2006, 01:38 AM
boy, if you're all willing to spin this in pickett's favor, i wonder what you would do for brett. he could probably shoot someone in cold blood and you all would be pissed at them for getting in the way of his bullet.

In my case, this has nothing to do with Pickett. It could have been T.O. in Pickett's place, and I'd still feel be defending him, even though I can't stand T.O.

I'm just annoyed with our "victimhood" culture, where a person makes an honest mistake, and suddenly they're on the hook for all kinds of exotic damages because the "victim" and his/her attorney feel like they just scratched off the winning lotto ticket. There is no such thing as "shit happens" anymore, just "who can we blame, and how deep are their pockets?"

In this case, the "victim" didn't even take all the safety precautions that are required by law, and yet she has the gall to go to the media with a sob story which actually contains the words "we're the little people." It's more than a little bit apalling IMO.

If Pickett (or Brett for that matter) had injured someone intentionally, then I think the story changes dramatically.