View Full Version : Finley's new Contract

Tony Oday
09-11-2010, 02:35 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5559531

after this year this is what he will want with a 7% boost...just a guess

Brandon494
09-11-2010, 02:39 PM
and he'll deserve it.

He see him putting up better numbers than Davis did last season.

Tony Oday
09-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Never said he didnt just preparing all of us :)

gbgary
09-11-2010, 02:40 PM
yeah...and he's really not that great. fin is way better! can you believe what the boys gave austin? lol

Brandon494
09-11-2010, 02:47 PM
yeah...and he's really not that great. fin is way better! can you believe what the boys gave austin? lol

Umm you might want to watch a 49er game or two if you don't think Davis is all that great.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-11-2010, 02:48 PM
If I'm TT, I'm thinking about giving him an extension mid-season. See if his development continues early in the year and boost him mid-season. Probably could sign him a little cheaper if you sign him during a busy season rather than have him sit and look at what he accomplished at seasons end and calculate his worth.

If they don't give him an extension after this season he will holdout after the season and he should. He is really good and should not be making less than Poppinga.

retailguy
09-11-2010, 03:02 PM

Umm you might want to watch a 49er game or two if you don't think Davis is all that great.

Classic case of what an attitude adjustment can do to a player. At the time, I thought Singletary was wasting his time, but he turned out to be exactly right.

Bet this guy breaks all of Tony Gonzalez's stats before he's done. Quality player, with his head screwed on straight. Hope it continues. He's fun to watch.

Tony Oday
09-11-2010, 03:10 PM

Classic case of what an attitude adjustment can do to a player. At the time, I thought Singletary was wasting his time, but he turned out to be exactly right.

Bet this guy breaks all of Tony Gonzalez's stats before he's done. Quality player, with his head screwed on straight. Hope it continues. He's fun to watch.

But wont break JFs records!!!

I do like how VD (hehe) gave Crabtree shit this camp :)

retailguy
09-11-2010, 03:12 PM

I hope you're right Tony, but I don't think that JF has experienced the same kind of attitude adjustment yet. Too soon to tell.

JF has the tools to be the complete package, and I'm excited to find out if he will.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-11-2010, 03:34 PM

I hope you're right Tony, but I don't think that JF has experienced the same kind of attitude adjustment yet. Too soon to tell.

JF has the tools to be the complete package, and I'm excited to find out if he will.

Finley is playing for a bigger pay day and that has a way of keeping a player in line. This applies more to Finley than Davis b/c Davis was a high pick and already was making decent money. I really want to see how Finely handles success and money. Will he stay humble and keep trying to get better or will he get lazy and lose motivation?
If Finley stays healthy all year I see him having a breakout year, but the real Finely will show after this year when a 24 year old guy is making 5-7 million a year and is getting his head blown up.
Time will tell.
But I’m very excited to see him keep improving. Having a completely dominant TE is not all that common in the league and would really give the offense a huge advantage for many years. It is really exciting when you look at the offense and see that Rodgers, Jennings, and Finely will all be entering their prime years at the same time.

falco
09-11-2010, 05:51 PM
I wanted Davis over Hawk coming out. For the first few years, seems like TT was right. Now looks like Davis was the wise choice.

Still think I J-Fin better though. Maybe its just packer pride.

Brandon494
09-11-2010, 06:06 PM
I wanted Davis over Hawk coming out. For the first few years, seems like TT was right. Now looks like Davis was the wise choice.

Still think I J-Fin better though. Maybe its just packer pride.

I also wanted Davis over Hawk. As much as I like Finley its hard to say if hes better than Davis.

Finley has the advantage of playing in a pass heavy offense with a pro bowl QB. Davis is in a run first offense with an average at best QB.

A lot of fans gave Finley a hard time because he stated he didnt want to play in Green Bay but a lot of players feel the same way until they see how great the fans are. I think if he would have been drafted by the Packers he would have had a breakout season way before last season with Favre and A-Rod throwing him the ball. Anyway it still worked out because Finley is on his way to becoming a pro bowl TE so no worries. Hawk still sucks though :P

bobblehead
09-11-2010, 07:05 PM
I think Finley will be better than Davis this year. He hasn't been yet.

My reasoning is that Finley is working hard and taking pride in his blocking. He may not have Davis speed, but he is fast enough to be a mismatch on any LB, and his hands make him a complete domination on any DB. ARod can toss him a jump ball against any DB in the league and my money is on Finley coming down with the ball.

Time will tell. We'll see, but I'm cool with Finley....now if we had taken Davis instead of AJ, and still taken Finley (why wouldn't we, we took quarless this year)....well, that would be just silly.

HarveyWallbangers
09-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Davis didn't want to go to Green Bay. Who knows how he would have handled it. He could have sulked and been a disappointment like he was the first couple of years, and then took the first train out of Green Bay (as a FA). Davis is a better player than Hawk. I'll admit that, but Hawk has more value in base defense then people give him credit for. It's not just the guys up front who contribute to a #1 rated run defense. It's worked out for Thompson though--with his pick of Finley.

Tony Oday
09-11-2010, 07:48 PM
He's better than Bishop! :)

We got a better TE and a solid LB instead of a petulant TE and no LB

gbgary
09-11-2010, 08:36 PM

Umm you might want to watch a 49er game or two if you don't think Davis is all that great. i have watched them. one good year out of four...let's see if he keeps it up. fin is better but let's see if he can keep it up too.

get louder at lambeau
09-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Davis didn't want to go to Green Bay. Who knows how he would have handled it. He could have sulked and been a disappointment like he was the first couple of years, and then took the first train out of Green Bay (as a FA). Davis is a better player than Hawk. I'll admit that, but Hawk has more value in base defense then people give him credit for. It's not just the guys up front who contribute to a #1 rated run defense. It's worked out for Thompson though--with his pick of Finley.

http://badwax.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/1989-gary-sheffield-topps.jpg

Brandon494
09-12-2010, 12:45 PM

Im so sick of hearing that, a lot of players don't want to come to GB. Heck even Charles Woodson said he didnt want to come to GB and I guess he turned out aight. As far as Hawk will could have signed a player or drafted someone in the 3rd round who can fill Hawk's role.

Brandon494
09-12-2010, 12:48 PM

Umm you might want to watch a 49er game or two if you don't think Davis is all that great. i have watched them. one good year out of four...let's see if he keeps it up. fin is better but let's see if he can keep it up too.

And who was his QB his first 4 seasons? How many offensive coordinators did he have his first 4 seasons? I think Finley can be better but lets wait until he actually puts up the numbers.