PDA

View Full Version : Now the Vikings working out Ruvell Martin?

imscott72
09-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Wow, that's one obsession they have with our former players.. :lol:

falco
09-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Interesting, since it seems RM's relationship was really with Rodgers and not Favre.

Tony Oday
09-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Robert Brooks and Atonio Freeman have been sighted in the cities as well ;)

MJZiggy
09-12-2010, 11:33 AM

I thought Chilly said they weren't looking for WRs? :roll:

Patler
09-12-2010, 11:35 AM

Well, Ruvell was a backup holder and emergency QB too, wasn't he? :lol:

Tony Oday
09-12-2010, 11:37 AM

he is a better QB than jump pass :) hehe

red
09-12-2010, 11:44 AM
i heard they were trying to sign reggie white

Joemailman
09-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Interesting, since it seems RM's relationship was really with Rodgers and not Favre.

Well, he had his 2 best years with Favre as QB, although he practiced more with Rodgers.

Fosco33
09-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Wonder if they'll push to see if Sterling wants another shot... :P

rbaloha1
09-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Desperation.

channtheman
09-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Is Taco Wallace still in the league?

retailguy
09-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Desperation.

their receivers aren't bad. inexperienced, and berrian is no #1, but harvin and camarillo are fine. they just need more practice with brett.

mngolf19
09-13-2010, 12:33 PM
The rumor now is that following a hearing on Thursday, if it goes in Vincent Jackson's favor, he will be traded to MN. And be available by game 5.

retailguy
09-13-2010, 12:37 PM
The rumor now is that following a hearing on Thursday, if it goes in Vincent Jackson's favor, he will be traded to MN. And be available by game 5.

Is that soon enough considering the 1st 5 games? And I think the rumor is probably right.

But I still say their receivers are fine and not the issue. Adding another receiver with limited Favre experience isn't going to help in my view.

mngolf19
09-13-2010, 12:42 PM

Is that soon enough considering the 1st 5 games? And I think the rumor is probably right.

But I still say their receivers are fine and not the issue. Adding another receiver with limited Favre experience isn't going to help in my view.

While I agree with you, I think they are going all out and so anything that could possibly help the team at this point they are checking into. Also the rumor is that they already agreed to a contract of 1yr-$7M.

pbmax
09-13-2010, 12:52 PM

He was Frankenbacker before Frankenbacker was Frankenbacker. Except he didn't play 'backer.

Vincent Jackson would worry me a smidge. But Chilldress isn't exactly the only guy steering that ship even now. One more player with his own agenda might hurt as much as help.

Patler
09-13-2010, 12:57 PM

He was Frankenbacker before Frankenbacker was Frankenbacker. Except he didn't play 'backer.

Vincent Jackson would worry me a smidge. But Chilldress isn't exactly the only guy steering that ship even now. One more player with his own agenda might hurt as much as help.

So, "Frankenreceiver", or "Frankenholder", or "FrankenbacK"?? :lol:

woodbuck27
09-13-2010, 01:25 PM

You believe Childress after what you saw Thursday night. I didn't Ziggy.

denverYooper
09-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Picking up WRs won't make the line block any better.

Patler
09-13-2010, 01:41 PM

While I agree with you, I think they are going all out and so anything that could possibly help the team at this point they are checking into. Also the rumor is that they already agreed to a contract of 1yr-$7M.

Interesting. This might be a move to help you in the playoffs more than to help you get to the playoffs.

Assuming he is out only the three games, he also can't practice during that suspension, or even be at the facility. So you have to add another week or two before he can contribute in a remotely significant way. Half the season could be in the can before he really helps.

imscott72
09-13-2010, 02:08 PM

Interesting. This might be a move to help you in the playoffs more than to help you get to the playoffs.

Assuming he is out only the three games, he also can't practice during that suspension, or even be at the facility. So you have to add another week or two before he can contribute in a remotely significant way. Half the season could be in the can before he really helps.

Then when half the season is over you have Rice coming back, so there is a potential log jam at WR. I will say Rice, Jackson, Harvin, Berrian, Cam, Shiancoe, AP sounds like a dangerous bunch of weapons for Brettskie if they can all play nice together in the sandbox.

retailguy
09-13-2010, 02:16 PM

And since Rice is presumably back week 8, isn't this more of a luxury than a necessity? That's why I wonder if it helps the real problem?

edit - sorry Scott, I didn't see your post before I responded.

Sparkey
09-13-2010, 02:18 PM
What if Rice's hip injury is more severe than they expected and 8 weeks is extremely optimistic ? If that were the case, then they definitely need to add to the wr corp.

woodbuck27
09-13-2010, 03:15 PM
What if Rice's hip injury is more severe than they expected and 8 weeks is extremely optimistic ? If that were the case, then they definitely need to add to the wr corp.

The Vikings Are Bringing In Four Wide Receivers To Tryout. They Are All Terrible. ... by Ted Glover on Sep 12, 2010 8:20 PM CDT in Vikings 2010 Season

They are Sam Aiken, Reggie Brown, Ruvell Martin, and Demetrius WIlliams.

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2010/9/12/1684827/the-vikings-are-bringing-in-four?ref=yahoo

GO PACK GO!

woodbuck27
09-13-2010, 03:30 PM
[quote=Sparkey]What if Rice's hip injury is more severe than they expected and 8 weeks is extremely optimistic ? If that were the case, then they definitely need to add to the wr corp.

The Vikings Are Bringing In Four Wide Receivers To Tryout. They Are All Terrible. ... by Ted Glover on Sep 12, 2010 8:20 PM CDT in Vikings 2010 Season

They are Sam Aiken, Reggie Brown, Ruvell Martin, and Demetrius WIlliams.

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2010/9/12/1684827/the-vikings-are-bringing-in-four?ref=yahoo

Re: More on new WR's in the Vikings Camp and return of key players at other positions. Also, the possibility's and issues surrounding their possible acquisition of San Diego holdout Vincent Jackson:

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/56735627.html

GO PACK GO!