imscott72
09-12-2010, 07:15 PM
UGH..What a shame..MRI tomorrow..

channtheman
09-12-2010, 07:16 PM
LAWL

Lurker64
09-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Probably the end of the line for him. Too bad, he seemed like a good guy who just had rotten luck. Best of luck to him in his life after football.

Good thing Jarius Wynn wasn't claimed by anybody.

red
09-12-2010, 07:20 PM
its probably an ingrown hair

th87
09-12-2010, 07:43 PM
A good guy who's career may have ended as a result of horrible luck, and you guys are here laughing and sarcastically minimizing the extent of his injury.

Sorry your self-esteem is that low.

gbpackfan
09-12-2010, 07:44 PM
He's hurt. What a shock. The man should quit football, for his own good. Time to get a new DE.

bobblehead
09-12-2010, 07:45 PM
A good guy who's career may have ended as a result of horrible luck, and you guys are here laughing and sarcastically minimizing the extent of his injury.

Agree...I have to think an entire almost 2 years of taking it easy made his body a bit weaker than it might have been. Sometimes when guys get in a rut they can't get out. Feel bad for Justin, and all of us packer fans who could use another DL to cheer for.

imscott72
09-12-2010, 07:45 PM

Where is he? He's not on our PS..

Lurker64
09-12-2010, 07:46 PM

Where is he? He's not on our PS..

He's not PS eligible, so he's probably on his couch or answering phone calls from Ted.

BlueBrewer
09-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Probably the end of the line for him. Too bad, he seemed like a good guy who just had rotten luck. Best of luck to him in his life after football.

I think the seahawks got him

Fosco33
09-12-2010, 07:50 PM

They brought him in for a workout...

PackerTimer
09-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Defintely too bad about JH. I do think it's probably over for him at least in Green Bay. I've only ever heard that he has worked as hard as he could to be on the field. Just has terrible luck.

Lurker64
09-12-2010, 07:52 PM

There's a story dated yesterday that the Seahawks worked him out, but I don't think anybody has signed him yet.

Little Whiskey
09-12-2010, 07:52 PM
was it patler that predicted his injury? good call, but its kinda like saying the sun will come up in the morning or Blackmon winds up on the IR

Joemailman
09-12-2010, 07:53 PM

There's a story dated yesterday that the Seahawks worked him out, but I don't think anybody has signed him yet.

He's not on Seattle's roster. http://www.seahawks.com/team/roster.html

retailguy
09-12-2010, 08:27 PM
this is all very sad.

Little Whiskey
09-12-2010, 08:30 PM
this is all very sad.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0PDoTCdfo1MsS8A2wOjzbkF/SIG=12ot6ilng/EXP=1284427805/**http%3a//realsportsguru.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/brett-favre.jpg

this kind of sad?

(its brett favre crying. some reason i can't post pics anymore.)

pbmax
09-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Bug guy looked pretty good in the few snaps I saw him. Too bad.

Edit: Bug guy? That's pretty bad. "Big guy" of course.

retailguy
09-12-2010, 08:41 PM
this is all very sad.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0PDoTCdfo1MsS8A2wOjzbkF/SIG=12ot6ilng/EXP=1284427805/**http%3a//realsportsguru.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/brett-favre.jpg

this kind of sad?

(its brett favre crying. some reason i can't post pics anymore.)

no like real tears. real sad. I'm afraid there is no 35th chance.

gbgary
09-12-2010, 08:41 PM
gotta feel for the guy. maybe next year with a knee brace.

MJZiggy
09-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Guys dream about this their whole lives. He made it to the NFL. Even played well when he got on the field, just couldn't stay there. It's one of those moments when you feel bad, but at the same time, watch to see what he'll do if they don't keep him...

packers04
09-12-2010, 10:02 PM
on his facebook, jarius posted about "going back to work tomorrow"
this was about an hour ago.... probably Ted and co. called his ass up right when Harrell got hurt in the 1st Quarter.

pbmax
09-12-2010, 10:06 PM

Agree...I have to think an entire almost 2 years of taking it easy made his body a bit weaker than it might have been. Sometimes when guys get in a rut they can't get out. Feel bad for Justin, and all of us packer fans who could use another DL to cheer for.
Ligaments don't get tougher playing football. And he has probably been working out off-field as much as any of his teammates.

Brohm
Sucks for Harrell. He was doing alright so if he can come to camp next year and compete, let him have at it. Decent big men are hard to find and it's not like a RB/CB etc. Not sure I would have had him in on FGs though, just stick with the DL rotation to see how he holds up ><. Wynn is still out there if Harrell goes to IR, he must really have some bad tape on him to not be picked up :P

Little Whiskey
this was about an hour ago.... probably Ted and co. called his ass up right when Harrell got hurt in the 1st Quarter.

think he was collecting unemployment? one more job created.

Bossman641
09-12-2010, 11:27 PM
I really feel bad for Harrell. You can tell from his interviews that he really felt the sting from the fans and generally felt like he owed the Packers. Best of luck.

rbaloha1
09-12-2010, 11:56 PM
I really feel bad for Harrell. You can tell from his interviews that he really felt the sting from the fans and generally felt like he owed the Packers. Best of luck.

Please do not feel too bad as JH has already pocketed millions. JH is full of injury bad luck.

Bossman641
09-13-2010, 12:03 AM

Please do not feel too bad as JH has already pocketed millions. JH is full of injury bad luck.

I understand that some people feel this way, but I still feel bad for him. If he came across as a douche/asshole I would feel the way you do, but he always came across to me as a hard-working kid who couldn't shake his injuries. He also seemed very self-aware as far as how he was viewed.

Patler
09-13-2010, 12:09 AM

I understand that some people feel this way, but I still feel bad for him. If he came across as a douche/asshole I would feel the way you do, but he always came across to me as a hard-working kid who couldn't shake his injuries. He also seemed very self-aware as far as how he was viewed.

Bill Michaels said a year ago that if you ever met Harrell it sure wouldn't be hard to pull for the guy. He said the disappointment Harrell showed about his career was as genuine as it gets. He said the pain was visible in his eyes when he talked about what had happened, and how badly he wanted to play.

Now this.

Fritz
09-13-2010, 06:22 AM
I feel really awful for the guy. As a couple others have pointed out, when the guy did get on the field, he was effective. I also don't care for the way the JSO dismissed the injury as unimportant in its article on injuries from the game.

The guy was in the rotation. Imagine having him and Neal as backups this season. That would m ake for a powerful offensive line and help greatly the defensive backfield. It was a piece of bad luck for Harrell and the team. Not as bad as injuries to other players; nonetheless, it was important.

I'm going to be in the minority, probably, but I'm going to agree with gbgary and say put the guy on injured reserve, and bring him back next year. You have very little to lose.

Tarlam!
09-13-2010, 06:37 AM
I feel really awful for the guy. As a couple others have pointed out, when the guy did get on the field, he was effective. I also don't care for the way the JSO dismissed the injury as unimportant in its article on injuries from the game.

The guy was in the rotation. Imagine having him and Neal as backups this season. That would m ake for a powerful offensive line and help greatly the defensive backfield. It was a piece of bad luck for Harrell and the team. Not as bad as injuries to other players; nonetheless, it was important.

I'm going to be in the minority, probably, but I'm going to agree with gbgary and say put the guy on injured reserve, and bring him back next year. You have very little to lose.

Good post Fritz (except offensive line?).

I will join the minority and hope they bring him back next year.

red
09-13-2010, 07:52 AM
i don't agree with bringing him back. move on from him and draft some more help on the d-line

this isn't just a recent little problem for him, this is something that dates all the way back to high school. and we're not talking about little nagging injuries that he can learn to play through. we're talking major injuries that happen almost every year for the past 10 years or so.

the kids body just wasn't built to play football or carry all that weight or something

you could bring him back to camp next year but i don't see how you can give him a roster spot over another guy and rely on him to stay healthy

mmmdk
09-13-2010, 09:04 AM
Bad luck on the field but you'll always be a Packer...unless you become a Viking player :lol: I'm guessing though that JT's got more than just a pocketful of change from his NFL experience.

imscott72
09-13-2010, 09:50 AM

I would sure hope so.

swede
09-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Bad luck on the field but you'll always be a Packer...unless you become a Viking player :lol:

Heh heh

The list of ex-Packers who haven't been invited to play for the Vikings keeps growing smaller.

retailguy
09-13-2010, 12:25 PM
been looking around for a story all morning and don't see anything. Has the team announced anything related to him yet?

red
09-13-2010, 12:45 PM
it's official

torn ACL, done for the year
grant will also miss this weeks game

Patler
09-13-2010, 12:46 PM
MM at his press conference today confirmed Harrell is out for the season (ACL).

I’ll start off with the two significant injuries that occurred in yesterday’s football game. Justin Harrell suffered an ACL injury. He will be placed on IR. Justin will be lost for the season. And Ryan Grant also had a significant ankle injury. We’re still in the process of gathering all of the information. I know Ryan will not be available this week against Buffalo. I really do not have a timetable because we’re still doing more testing.

retailguy
09-13-2010, 12:47 PM
it's official

Thanks, I just found McCarthy's press transcript like 5 minutes ago. Sucks. I thought he'd get hurt before the 1st preseason game, then I started to believe that it might be like Mike Flanagan's career where finally he got it turned around. Not so.

(How’s Justin Harrell?)
I’ll start off with the two significant injuries that occurred in yesterday’s football game. Justin Harrell suffered an ACL injury. He will be placed on IR. Justin will be lost for the season. And Ryan Grant also had a significant ankle injury. We’re still in the process of gathering all of the information. I know Ryan will not be available this week against Buffalo. I really do not have a timetable because we’re still doing more testing.

gbgary
09-13-2010, 12:56 PM
well dang it. let him rehab that puppy and make him play in knee braces (plural) and maybe he'll be ok. one more chance.

mmmdk
09-13-2010, 01:01 PM
it's official

Damn! IR it is but will Pack keep him beyond this season? I mean, won't it [now] come down to a question of money? I'd think so.

HarveyWallbangers
09-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Trgovac said that he would support the star-crossed Harrell fully in an attempt to come back from a second season on injured reserve. Harrell has had two back surgeries and played in just 14 games since being drafted in the first round in 2007.

"I really mentally want to work hard with this kid," Trgovac said. "He's been through a lot. If he was just taking the money and running that would be one thing. But he's totally the opposite of that. I'm going to stay positive with him. He can be a really good football player."

red
09-13-2010, 04:43 PM
heres the problem i have with keeping him. you plan to have him, he gets reps that someone else loses, he gets a roster spot over someone else and then he gets hurt right off the bat

he's gonna get hurt, he always gets hurt, if it's not one thing it will be something else. god just didn't build him to be a football player.

he's been slow to heal in the past so chances are he won't be able to participate in the offseason stuff and at the least he would be limited in training camp and preseason. so would almost have to give him a roster spot without working him out.

a clean break would force the team to focus on others

and if i'm JH i retire before he becomes a cripple before he's 30. he should have a nice nest egg if he didn't blow all his money. go enjoy life, maybe get into coaching

he shouldn't feel like he let the team down or took the teams money and ran. TT knew what he was getting when he drafted him and he took a big gamble that didn't turn out. justin gave it his all, no question there. just wasn't ment to be

Brandon494
09-13-2010, 04:47 PM
I was pulling for the guy but enough is enough, time to move on.

Smidgeon
09-13-2010, 05:30 PM
heres the problem i have with keeping him. you plan to have him, he gets reps that someone else loses, he gets a roster spot over someone else and then he gets hurt right off the bat

he's gonna get hurt, he always gets hurt, if it's not one thing it will be something else. god just didn't build him to be a football player.

he's been slow to heal in the past so chances are he won't be able to participate in the offseason stuff and at the least he would be limited in training camp and preseason. so would almost have to give him a roster spot without working him out.

and if i'm JH i retire before he becomes a cripple before he's 30. he should have a nice nest egg if he didn't blow all his money. go enjoy life, maybe get into coaching

he shouldn't feel like he let the team down or took the teams money and ran. TT knew what he was getting when he drafted him and he took a big gamble that didn't turn out. justin gave it his all, no question there. just wasn't ment to be

As long as this part is known, I'm indifferent to whether GB moves on or not. I was getting tired of people (in general) blaming him for not doing everything he could to get on the field. So despite his talent, I'm okay if this is it.

It's my opinion that it wasn't a wasted draft pick. Especially since his injuries are all unrelated. But most especially because Raji and the Claymaker are both hits.

Fritz
09-13-2010, 05:31 PM

I was thinking about this red, and I kinda agree - but only if TT doesn't bring in anyone else next season that could truly be developed. You don't want the injury risk player to take a spot that a young guy could use to develop. But if next year you're not bringing in an up-and-coming young guy - if you're bringing in 7th round draft picks and FA's - then why not give Harrell a shot?

sharpe1027
09-13-2010, 05:47 PM

This makes sense going forward.

For this year he wasn't exactly taking the roster spot of anyone significant. If Jolly was available, it would have been a different story. As it was, keeping him on with the hope that he stayed healthy was about equal with expecting that one of the DL they cut would contribute in any meaningful manner.

Joemailman
09-13-2010, 05:49 PM
What they do regarding Harrell might depend on whether they decide to bring Jolly back. If Jolly is back, might not be room for Harrell. Jolly is a lesser human being, but a better football player.

Patler
09-13-2010, 06:09 PM
There is a misconception out there that Harrell was hurt a lot in college. He really wasn't. In spite of playing only three games as a senior, he played 35 college games. He had a broken ankle as a freshman, but that was about it until the torn biceps.

imscott72
09-13-2010, 06:11 PM
it will definitely be interesting to see if they give Jolly a look next year..We sure could use his motor on that line..

red
09-13-2010, 06:21 PM
There is a misconception out there that Harrell was hurt a lot in college. He really wasn't. In spite of playing only three games as a senior, he played 35 college games. He had a broken ankle as a freshman, but that was about it until the torn biceps.

Harrell's injury woes date all the way to high school, where he battled shin splints and had a bad lower back. At Tennessee, Harrell underwent surgery for shin splints on his right leg in 2003 and missed more than half of spring practice that year. That August, Harrell broke a bone in his right ankle and missed the first five games of the season.

Harrell missed two games in 2004 with a right ankle sprain, and then went injury free in 2005. But in Tennessee's second game of the 2006 season, Harrell suffered a torn biceps injury. He tried to play the following week against Florida, and then opted for season-ending surgery.

Harrell didn't take part in any contact drills during Green Bay's post-draft minicamps and organized team activities last year because of that same biceps injury. Then he missed five games during the 2007 regular season with an ankle injury.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/29421584.html

red
09-13-2010, 06:23 PM

I was thinking about this red, and I kinda agree - but only if TT doesn't bring in anyone else next season that could truly be developed. You don't want the injury risk player to take a spot that a young guy could use to develop. But if next year you're not bringing in an up-and-coming young guy - if you're bringing in 7th round draft picks and FA's - then why not give Harrell a shot?

my thinking is that if you let harrell go then it would force TT's hand to find someone else either through the draft or via free agency

unless it's jolly

Pugger
09-13-2010, 06:29 PM
Doesn't Harrell have another year to go besides this one on his contract? If so, IR him this year and then bring him back next year if the knee heals up. What have we got to lose? In the offseason he isn't really taking up that valuable a roster spot until the end of TC. I heard we signed Wynn today to take Harrell's spot.

Patler
09-13-2010, 06:47 PM

Harrell's injury woes date all the way to high school, where he battled shin splints and had a bad lower back. At Tennessee, Harrell underwent surgery for shin splints on his right leg in 2003 and missed more than half of spring practice that year. That August, Harrell broke a bone in his right ankle and missed the first five games of the season.

Harrell missed two games in 2004 with a right ankle sprain, and then went injury free in 2005. But in Tennessee's second game of the 2006 season, Harrell suffered a torn biceps injury. He tried to play the following week against Florida, and then opted for season-ending surgery.

Harrell didn't take part in any contact drills during Green Bay's post-draft minicamps and organized team activities last year because of that same biceps injury. Then he missed five games during the 2007 regular season with an ankle injury.

Ya? He didn't miss games even with the sprained ankle. Didn't start one but played, so what? Pickett had that too. He recovered enough to be DMVP in his Bowl game that year. That is not a significant injury history.

He played 32 games in three year before his senior year. Sounds like he was pretty much available all the time to me.

Iron Mike
09-13-2010, 06:51 PM

Ya? He didn't miss games even with the sprained ankle. Didn't start one but played, so what? Pickett had that too. He recovered enough to be DMVP in his Bowl game that year. That is not a significant injury history.

He played 32 games in three year before his senior year. Sounds like he was pretty much available all the time to me.

You'd think you could be more humble when you realize that red just Patlerized you.....

Fritz
09-13-2010, 07:05 PM

my thinking is that if you let harrell go then it would force TT's hand to find someone else either through the draft or via free agency

unless it's jolly

You can talk about forcing Thompson's hand but there are always needs at so many positions. For example, al six of TT's picks from this year stuck, and it looks like three could contribute immediately. Yet there has criticism that TT didn't shore up outside linebacker, corner, running back and safety.

I dunno. I think you let Harrell rehab, and draft the way you draft anyway, without much regard for Harrell's health. Some regard, but not as the driving force.

KYPack
09-13-2010, 07:37 PM
I couldn't figure out how Harrell got hurt or what play it happened on. So, I went to the 'ol DVR.

Harrell was playing right guard! On the FG team. Crosby's 49 yarder with a minute gone in the second quarter. Harrell made a normal block, but a whole pile of guys fell on his knee from his left side. There was no coverage of it, as the network went to commercial. They only showed Harrell being assisted to the locker room.

He got a few snaps on defense and accounted himself pretty well. He got Jolly-like pressure on one play and held his own for the few snaps he played. Then, came the kick...

Poor cat has been hurt on FG's, in the weight room, & who knows what else.

He has just had the most star-crossed career you can imagine.

pbmax
09-13-2010, 07:51 PM

You'd think you could be more humble when you realize that red just Patlerized you.....

Maybe. But there is a significant difference in the accounts. Patler has him out for, what, a max of 4 games (assuming bowl games 12/yr*3 - 32) and JSO has him out seven. JSO looks like its piling different information into the paragraph to make it carry more weight. They don't mention if he missed High School games and the half of spring practice part is nearly laughable.

Still doesn't make much difference. He is out. And I agree that counting on him for a roster spot is a risk not worth taking. He is almost a camp body at this point.

retailguy
09-13-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm not even sure that red's point was the number of games, but, rather the frequency.

Like Cullen Jenkins, the guy is always banged up except for 2005, it goes back to high school.

I wonder if the guys body just can't take the weight necessary for him to play DE? Not sure.

Cullen is hurt again too. Guy is always banged up. Tough SOB always plays through it if he can, but something isn't right, you know?

So if someone said that Jenkins is always hurt, I wouldn't disagree with them, but I do admire Jenkins for playing through it as much as he had.

Patler
09-13-2010, 08:14 PM

Right, 32 games in three years, the guy just couldn't get on the field. What was there, a max of 33-36 games?

Patler
09-13-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm not even sure that red's point was the number of games, but, rather the frequency.

Like Cullen Jenkins, the guy is always banged up except for 2005, it goes back to high school.

I wonder if the guys body just can't take the weight necessary for him to play DE? Not sure.

Cullen is hurt again too. Guy is always banged up. Tough SOB always plays through it if he can, but something isn't right, you know?

So if someone said that Jenkins is always hurt, I wouldn't disagree with them, but I do admire Jenkins for playing through it as much as he had.

Ya, I can agree with that. But I think linemen, especially DL are banged up every year. They get hit from all different directions. Pickett is always hobbling by the end of the year. Jenkins has played through some stuff, but not always real well. A couple years ago, (last D coaching group) the coaches implied he let little injuries affect him too much.

Some guys have chronic problems. With Harrell, it has been a series of different things.

pbmax
09-13-2010, 09:18 PM

The problem with JSO's list for frequency is that all players have a list like that. The real questions are 1) did they play and 2) did they play well?

Harrell has had both injuries he couldn't play through and those he did. The only piece of info that looks remotely interesting in the JSO piece is the fact that his back had bothered him in High School. I would like to know if it was the same kind of thing and if it kept him from playing then.

Otherwise, the list is simply a litany of typical injuries with two non typical ones thrown in. Not winnowing down the list with more detail is simply goading folks into an emotional reaction.

HarveyWallbangers
09-14-2010, 12:37 AM
Anybody rewatch the play? Harrell was playing what amounts to RG in the FG formation, and a big pile of players came crashing down on his left leg. Harrell had stonewalled the guy in front of him, but the Eagles bullrushed Brett Goode and Goode and a couple of Eagles landed on Harrell's knee. It didn't look good.

KYPack
09-14-2010, 08:33 AM
Anybody rewatch the play? Harrell was playing what amounts to RG in the FG formation, and a big pile of players came crashing down on his left leg. Harrell had stonewalled the guy in front of him, but the Eagles bullrushed Brett Goode and Goode and a couple of Eagles landed on Harrell's knee. It didn't look good.

I did.

(See my post on the previous page.)

HarveyWallbangers
09-14-2010, 10:14 AM

I did.

Funny. I missed that post, and I basically stated the same thing you did.
:o

SkinBasket
09-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Anyone else notice how poor a turn our defense took after Harrell came out? I would say, that according to well established Bigby-logic, that Harrell was the most important player on this defense and we are hereby fucked.

Packman_26
09-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Does anyone else think that a potential new CBA will keep Harrell on the Packers next year? If the schedule is bumped to 18 games and roster limits get extended I think he has a decent chance of getting another shot.

swede
09-14-2010, 11:55 AM
It makes one wonder what the NFL record is for games/seasons spent on the IR? Harrell would have to be closing in on that one. Isn't it Indy that has a good safety that has been on IR more than he has played?

mraynrand
09-14-2010, 12:43 PM
It makes one wonder what the NFL record is for games/seasons spent on the IR?

I've wondered too:

http://sportsattic2.com/nflphotos/photos12/Ivery,EddieLee3.jpg

MichiganPackerFan
09-14-2010, 02:58 PM

Completely agree. Well stated.

I really hope he is able to rehab and gets a shot in training camp. I feel like honest hard work should be rewarded with opportunity.

KYPack
09-14-2010, 03:23 PM

I did.

Funny. I missed that post, and I basically stated the same thing you did.
:o

Listen to me you mf'ers.

Every once in awhile, I know where the bear shit in the buckwheat.

It's OK it was you, Harve,

You are a tenured professor on here.

swede
09-14-2010, 03:41 PM
It makes one wonder what the NFL record is for games/seasons spent on the IR?

I've wondered too:

http://sportsattic2.com/nflphotos/photos12/Ivery,EddieLee3.jpg

Is that Eddie Lee?

retailguy
09-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Every once in awhile, I know where the bear shit in the buckwheat.

Me too. I probably stepped in it before you got there. :wink:

channtheman
09-15-2010, 07:34 PM
It makes one wonder what the NFL record is for games/seasons spent on the IR? Harrell would have to be closing in on that one. Isn't it Indy that has a good safety that has been on IR more than he has played?

Bob Sanders. Has played in only half of the possible games and I don't believe he has ever played a full 16 game schedule. The most was 14, if I remember correctly.

Gunakor
09-15-2010, 11:43 PM

Bob Sanders. Has played in only half of the possible games and I don't believe he has ever played a full 16 game schedule. The most was 14, if I remember correctly.

He won't play a full schedule this year either. He is out indefinitely after suffering a torn biceps in week 1.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5572228

pbmax
05-07-2016, 07:39 PM

Bump. Found it.

35 college games. So much for "hurt his entire college career and never played".

pbmax
05-07-2016, 07:41 PM

He played 35 games. But he did suffer a number of injuries.

Bretsky
05-07-2016, 10:16 PM
hated that pick from day one

HarveyWallbangers
05-07-2016, 11:51 PM
hated that pick from day one

You hate most of our picks from day one. Since a majority of picks don't turn out, you're bound to be right a lot of the time. :)

Carolina_Packer
05-08-2016, 07:04 AM
I wonder what the hit to miss rate is for even the top-tier NFL teams.

mraynrand
05-08-2016, 07:27 AM
I wonder what the hit to miss rate is for even the top-tier NFL teams.

I remember an extensive study by Cliff Crystl showed it was about 40% success across the league for rounds 1-4. I think success was measured by the players starting 50% of games or more? It was a long time ago, so maybe the numbers are not the same, but it seems about right. There are a lot of misses, but I'm sure crappy teams drive down that average...