PDA

View Full Version : Mason Crosby

The Leaper
09-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Can some of you get off his ass for awhile now? Seriously...the notion that we NEEDED to have camp competition for him and that we should at least consider replacing him because of a few missed kick was insanity.

Little Whiskey
09-12-2010, 08:01 PM
I was a bit worried when he came out for his first FG and it was sitting on the right hash mark.

damn he played well, but some of the knocks on him are clutch FG's hope he can keep up his perfect record!

Tony Oday
09-12-2010, 08:08 PM
yup. Still thought he should have had competition but he played GREAT today...save for the out of bounds kick

gbgary
09-12-2010, 08:09 PM
was BIG today! never wanted him gone.

Scott Campbell
09-12-2010, 08:14 PM
damn he played well, but some of the knocks on him are clutch FG's hope he can keep up his perfect record!

56 yards with 15 to spare with 3 seconds left in the half will keep me plenty satisfied for a while.

RashanGary
09-12-2010, 08:22 PM
ST's were big today. That's a game we don't win last year. If the offense plays like that, we usually flat out lose.

Now hopefully we can get the offense on track a little better and really go on a roll.

retailguy
09-12-2010, 08:24 PM
I was a bit worried when he came out for his first FG and it was sitting on the right hash mark.

i was really critical on the 2nd fg. glad I was wrong. it was a fantastic kick and should boost the kids confidence.

green_bowl_packer
09-12-2010, 08:25 PM
56 yarder was a Packer record

retailguy
09-12-2010, 08:25 PM

he deserves it.

Cheesehead Craig
09-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Can some of you get off his ass for awhile now? Seriously...the notion that we NEEDED to have camp competition for him and that we should at least consider replacing him because of a few missed kick was insanity.

A-F'ing-Men

Little Whiskey
09-12-2010, 08:29 PM

i think he would have made that kick from 66 yards out! it was a no doubter.

i doubt anyone ever questioned his leg though.

Scott Campbell
09-12-2010, 08:31 PM

i was really critical on the 2nd fg. glad I was wrong. it was a fantastic kick and should boost the kids confidence.

That's the reason to carry a guy with a huge leg even after a down year. I think you have to let him try those. Otherwise you might as well just get some noodle legged kicker that is money from 40.

gbgary
09-12-2010, 08:33 PM

he deserves it.

didn't realize it was a record. missed it if they said during the game. good for him.

retailguy
09-12-2010, 08:43 PM

That's the reason to carry a guy with a huge leg even after a down year. I think you have to let him try those. Otherwise you might as well just get some noodle legged kicker that is money from 40.

I totally agree. I'm not a mason hater and never was. I was pissed at mccarthy because I was worried it would screw with the kids head and his confidence.

pbmax
09-12-2010, 08:47 PM

56 yards with 15 to spare with 3 seconds left in the half will keep me plenty satisfied for a while.
That kick didn't have big air under it. It only had a vapor trail. :lol:

But he doesn't get off that easy! What in the heck was that OOB kickoff to the left?!

Lurker64
09-12-2010, 09:29 PM

Plus, with roster limits being only 80 it's kind of hard to justify two kickers and two punters in a given year. Back when it was 86 due to the NFL Europa exemption, sure... but the backup kicker who won't make the team is going to cost somebody else who plays a more impactful position (say, offensive line or linebacker) a shot at making the team and hence a shot at making the team better.

channtheman
09-13-2010, 12:32 AM
I think the issue was Slocum getting in Crosby's head and teaching him to aim at the upright instead of aiming down the middle. Crosby needed to get that crap out of his head and just kick from muscle memory, which it appears he is back to doing after the off season.

Tarlam!
09-13-2010, 01:57 AM
I think the issue was Slocum getting in Crosby's head and teaching him to aim at the upright instead of aiming down the middle. Crosby needed to get that crap out of his head and just kick from muscle memory, which it appears he is back to doing after the off season.

Interesting post. Where did you learn this?

pbmax
09-13-2010, 06:55 AM
Slocum and Crosby have talked about his aiming point on those right hash mark misses before. Slocum wanted him to aim for the right goal post/upright and let the ball's natural hook carry it towards the middle. Problem was, when he kicked from the right hash to the right upright, he did not demonstrate any hook. It faded, if anything.

Not sure about muscle memory.

3irty1
09-13-2010, 07:21 AM
I was just starting to lose my Mason Crosby erection from the onside kick in the playoffs last year too.

Joemailman
09-13-2010, 07:23 AM
I was just starting to lose my Mason Crosby erection from the onside kick in the playoffs last year too.
Maybe Slocum can help you with that.

pbmax
09-13-2010, 08:32 AM
Maybe call Jimmy Johnson.

HarveyWallbangers
09-13-2010, 09:54 AM

Crosby may be the best onside kicker in the NFL. He's really good. Even a Viking fan at work, said last year they got worried when Crosby lines up for an onside kick because he's so good at it.

MichiganPackerFan
09-14-2010, 01:47 PM
Maybe call Jimmy Johnson.
What a dick...