PDA

View Full Version : HOW THE HELL?

gbpackfan
09-12-2010, 11:29 PM
What is wrong with the Eagles medical staff? How did they let both Kolb and Bradley come back into the game? I guess I could see how Kolb snuck back in, but Bradley. Are they blind? Did they see him try and walk off of the field? Did they see him FALL OUT?

Andy Reid's explanation was complete bullshit, claiming they passed the tests but then didnt feel right at halftime. Bradley wasnt given enough time before coming back in to pass any tests imo.

Should the NFL be looking into how TWO players were allowed back into the game after sustaining concussions? Aren't they ALL OVER this issue?

Was anyone else surprised by this?

Lurker64
09-12-2010, 11:33 PM
I'm pretty sure the Eagles can expect a fine over this, possible a substantial one. Bradley should never have been allowed back on the field.

pbmax
09-12-2010, 11:35 PM
What is wrong with the Eagles medical staff? How did they let both Kolb and Bradley come back into the game? I guess I could see how Kolb snuck back in, but Bradley. Are they blind? Did they see him try and walk off of the field? Did they see him FALL OUT?

Andy Reid's explanation was complete bullshit, claiming they passed the tests but then didnt feel right at halftime. Bradley wasnt given enough time before coming back in to pass any tests imo.

Should the NFL be looking into how TWO players were allowed back into the game after sustaining concussions? Aren't they ALL OVER this issue?

A lot depends on what tests they did. There are things they can do on the sidelines easily. Those tests, obviously are limited. But Bradley was out for a series I believe. Enough time for a sideline evaluation. He probably did not go back to the locker room.

Bossman641
09-12-2010, 11:41 PM

I posted the same thing in the game thread. My guess was that the NFL would fine the Eagles, but I really don't know how that would work.

mraynrand
09-13-2010, 07:34 AM

I posted the same thing in the game thread. My guess was that the NFL would fine the Eagles, but I really don't know how that would work.

"Lurie, Get out your checkbook"
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/roger_goodell.jpg

SkinBasket
09-13-2010, 09:06 AM
I was talking to my wife about the same thing. No way should Bradley have been allowed back on the field, especially considering the position he plays. That was plain dangerous and stupid.

Kolb I can see, even though these teams are supposed to be careful about QB's and their fat heads, because he was selling that his jaw was hurt, not his brain.

pbmax
09-13-2010, 09:22 AM
I was talking to my wife about the same thing. No way should Bradley have been allowed back on the field, especially considering the position he plays. That was plain dangerous and stupid.

Kolb I can see, even though these teams are supposed to be careful about QB's and their fat heads, because he was selling that his jaw was hurt, not his brain.
When I first saw it, I thought Bradley had hurt a leg, not his head. It was clearer on the full replay.

Noodle
09-13-2010, 09:25 AM
On Kolb, Skin, a sore jaw should set off alarm bells, as jaw strikes are just as big a cause of concussions, if not bigger, than blows to the crown of the head.

Also agree that the Bradley thing was damn near criminal. What the hell kind of test did they give him -- probably just asked him if he wanted his paycheck.

pbmax
09-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Dan Patrick Show just said Bradley came back in after one play. I thought he missed the series. Anyone have more info?

Noodle
09-13-2010, 09:42 AM
I thought Bradley was back after one or two plays, max, not a series.

Just long enough to rub some dirt on it, get called a pansy by his position coach, and take a whiff of smelling salts.

imscott72
09-13-2010, 09:48 AM

I was shocked when I saw Bradley back in there. No excuse for that at all. They should be fined heavily.

Travbrew
09-13-2010, 12:25 PM
On Kolb, Skin, a sore jaw should set off alarm bells, as jaw strikes are just as big a cause of concussions, if not bigger, than blows to the crown of the head.

Also agree that the Bradley thing was damn near criminal. What the hell kind of test did they give him -- probably just asked him if he wanted his paycheck.

The test could have went smething like this:

Philly Trainer: how many fingers (shows 3)
Bradley: Three
Trainer: Where are you?
Bradley: I'm at the game
Trainer: Who am I
Bradley: You're the Doc
Trainer: Who are you
Bradley:..........................I'm Batman

Sorry guys, I couldn't resist.