PDA

View Full Version : Jarius Wynn back!?

3irty1
09-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Again from Twitter:

TomSilverstein Packers will have Jarius Wynn in shortly to replace Justin Harrell, who tore his ACL. Wynn was among final cuts.

Greg_A_Bedard New on Packers blog: Packers will bring back DE Wynn to replace Harrell http://bit.ly/9jCXVd

Fritz
09-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Everyone's a Wynner, baby!

Joemailman
09-13-2010, 09:48 PM
It's a Win/Wynn situation.

mission
09-13-2010, 10:00 PM
In before someone mentions Jarvis Moss (no).

retailguy
09-13-2010, 10:02 PM
this makes sense. we're lucky he's available.

Joemailman
09-13-2010, 10:06 PM
Yep, Didn't really lose too much with the Harrell injury. Probably means that Neal will be the primary backup at LDE, with Wynn at RDE.

Lurker64
09-13-2010, 10:13 PM
Yep, Didn't really lose too much with the Harrell injury. Probably means that Neal will be the primary backup at LDE, with Wynn at RDE.

Swapping Harrell for Neal means we gain in terms of pass rush but lose significantly in terms of run defense. Maybe a push?

3irty1
09-13-2010, 10:15 PM
I for one am thrilled about this. I thought Wynn was criminally underrated. He showed a strong pass rush last year and should be even better after a year of offseason. The fact that he wasn't kept led me to believe that CJ Wilson was a major find. Also shows how deep this draft was for DT's. CJ Wilson, the 7th rounder, beat out Wynn, the 5th rounder, who contributed last year.

pbmax
09-13-2010, 10:28 PM

Swapping Harrell for Neal means we gain in terms of pass rush but lose significantly in terms of run defense. Maybe a push?
Except that in the short term, Neal is as available as Harrell. JSO says he wasn't close last week and they are doubtful this week. Looks like CJ Wilson is next man in, unless its Wynn.

Joemailman
09-13-2010, 10:42 PM
MM doesn't seem to be counting out Neal:

(What are the prospects for Mike Neal? Will he be ready this week?)
I hope so. We’ll find out really Wednesday to see where he is. With his injury, the type of injury, the ability to torque another player is a little bit of the last hurdle that he has to get over, and he’s not quite there yet.

(Is C.J. Wilson ready to help you?)
Absolutely. C.J. will probably have an opportunity this week.

Smidgeon
09-14-2010, 12:06 AM

Don't know about that Trgovac is quoted saying that Harrell handily beat out Wynn for a spot on the roster. So at least in his coach's eyes, there was a sizable gap between the two. Unless I misinterpreted what you said?

3irty1
09-14-2010, 08:28 AM

Don't know about that Trgovac is quoted saying that Harrell handily beat out Wynn for a spot on the roster. So at least in his coach's eyes, there was a sizable gap between the two. Unless I misinterpreted what you said?

Harrell is a better fit at LDE than Wynn in fact, he's probably a better player there than Jolly was. He can square up and locate the ball very well and gets an impressive push up the middle using only brute strength. If he weren't good they had more than enough reason to give up on him years ago.

That said there is still reason to be excited about Wynn. He contributed last year as a rookie and provides the Packers with another big 4-3 type DE ala Cullen Jenkins or CJ Wilson. These types are important for running a 3-3 pass defense which we looked great in Sunday.

swede
09-14-2010, 11:50 AM

Harrell is a better fit at LDE than Wynn in fact, he's probably a better player there than Jolly was. He can square up and locate the ball very well and gets an impressive push up the middle using only brute strength. If he weren't good they had more than enough reason to give up on him years ago.

That said there is still reason to be excited about Wynn. He contributed last year as a rookie and provides the Packers with another big 4-3 type DE ala Cullen Jenkins or CJ Wilson. These types are important for running a 3-3 pass defense which we looked great in Sunday.

Solid post 3rty1. I think your take on Harrell and Wynn makes a lot of sense.

rbaloha1
09-14-2010, 01:00 PM
Thank goodness he was not picked-up. Hopefully becomes a decent role player.

3irty1
09-14-2010, 01:15 PM

I have a feeling that if there wasn't just a superdraft at DT he'd have been our 6th player poached off the PS. Still surprised that he wasn't.

retailguy
09-14-2010, 01:54 PM

I have a feeling that if there wasn't just a superdraft at DT he'd have been our 6th player poached off the PS. Still surprised that he wasn't.

He wasn't on our practice squad. I think I read somewhere that he wasn't eligible.

But, you're right, nobody picked him up though I think the Seahawks had him try out.

3irty1
09-14-2010, 02:25 PM

He wasn't on our practice squad. I think I read somewhere that he wasn't eligible.

But, you're right, nobody picked him up though I think the Seahawks had him try out.

Oops corrected. Thank you.

CaliforniaCheez
09-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Wynn should be motivated after being cut.

A week without practice should have helped heal any nagging injury he may have had.