PDA

View Full Version : Eagles 4th and 1

HarveyWallbangers
09-14-2010, 11:45 AM
I've heard a lot of people say it was a bad call by the Eagles. I don't think so. When I rewatched the game, I noticed earlier in the game that the Eagles ran the exact same play on 3rd and 1 (maybe it was 4th and 1). Vick got the first down by running up the middle. It wasn't a QB sneak. Vick has the option of bouncing it outside (that's why the put him in the shotgun), but chose to go up the middle. Matthews and Barnett just made a good play.

retailguy
09-14-2010, 02:05 PM
I've heard a lot of people say it was a bad call by the Eagles. I don't think so. When I rewatched the game, I noticed earlier in the game that the Eagles ran the exact same play on 3rd and 1 (maybe it was 4th and 1). Vick got the first down by running up the middle. It wasn't a QB sneak. Vick has the option of bouncing it outside (that's why the put him in the shotgun), but chose to go up the middle. Matthews and Barnett just made a good play.

Wasn't it Matthews & Jones? I haven't rewatched it, though so I might be wrong.

channtheman
09-14-2010, 02:34 PM
You know how all the experts talk. The play didn't work therefore it was a bad call. Had the play worked it would have been a great call.

Lurker64
09-14-2010, 02:37 PM

Pretty sure that Matthews made the stick and Barnett cleaned up and made the tackle.

3irty1
09-14-2010, 02:37 PM
I doubt many are blaming the actual play call. I'm sure all of their plays work sometimes, Reid is a good coach. The decision to risk what they risked is what draws the criticism.

vince
09-14-2010, 03:10 PM
The Play
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj6kbNTEIMY&feature=player_embedded

JSO Play of the Game Diagram
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/102752879.html

packers11
09-14-2010, 03:12 PM
without matthews going beast mode and shedding two blocks - thats probably a first down...

vince
09-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Great play by Matthews. Simple as that.

Shed one guy. Push the back into the hole to slow Vick and then make the tackle...

packers11
09-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Great play by Matthews. Simple as that.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000

swede
09-14-2010, 03:38 PM

Are they suggesting that Reid should have punted?

Every play comes with some risk of incompletion or negative rushing yardage.

retailguy
09-14-2010, 03:47 PM

Pretty sure that Matthews made the stick and Barnett cleaned up and made the tackle.

Jones piled on the back. I saw footage of him getting off Vick and he did, the very last guy...

But Barnett made the tackle.