PDA

View Full Version : Go B-Jack Go!

Cheesehead Craig
09-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Come on, let's get behind our new starting RB!

He'll do great, just wait and see!

packers11
09-14-2010, 04:22 PM
I can be quoted... He will have over 1,000 yards if he stays healthy this year and people will not be missing Grant as much as once feared...

I'm on the Jackson bandwagon... I've been on it for over a year... It's his time to shine

Joemailman
09-14-2010, 04:23 PM
It'll be interesting to see if MM puts more screen passes and swing passes in to the game plan. B-Jack is a much better pass receiver than Grant.

Joemailman
09-14-2010, 04:27 PM
I can be quoted... He will have over 1,000 yards if he stays healthy this year and people will not be missing Grant as much as once feared...

I'm on the Jackson bandwagon... I've been on it for over a year... It's his time to shine

http://www.globalclimatescam.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/green-kool-aidman.jpg

Cheesehead Craig
09-14-2010, 04:30 PM

That a boy!

Joemailman
09-14-2010, 04:40 PM
In 1997, Edgar Bennett tore up his knee in the 1st game of the year. Dorsey Levens became the starter and rushed for 1435 yards, and over 1800 yards overall. Don't expect B-Jack to approach those numbers, but you never know what a guy can do until he gets the chance. If he stays healthy, I could see him getting 1300-1400 yards overall.

3irty1
09-14-2010, 05:03 PM
If Jackson is going to have success this year I don't think it'll be behind our current starting tackles. We haven't had much success running off tackle for the last few years with Tausch and Clifton and Jackson is more of an outside runner. If Lang/Bulaga find their way into the lineup, we could have a revitalized running game. Neither Grant nor Jackson are the type of back who can make their own yards.

I hope I'm wrong but I think 1000+ yards from Jackson this season is unlikely. I just hope he can do enough to bring something resembling balance to the offense.

CaliforniaCheez
09-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Just extra load of carries for Jackson until Starks is available.

Patler
09-14-2010, 06:33 PM
My biggest concern is that Jackson seems to get dinged up somewhat regularly himself. I believe he has missed around three game each year even without the biggest workload.

I just hope the Packers don't get into the same situation as a few year back when they had the running back of the week.

Smidgeon
09-14-2010, 06:43 PM
My biggest concern is that Jackson seems to get dinged up somewhat regularly himself. I believe he has missed around three game each year even without the biggest workload.

I just hope the Packers don't get into the same situation as a few year back when they had the running back of the week.

Well, when Rodgers was backing up Favre, he'd get hurt coming in to finish games, but he's been reliable since. Also, in the six games that Favre couldn't finish a game in GB due to injury, his backup QBs suffered season ending injuries in three of those games.

This probably supports your theory in the other thread that injuries tend to happen early in the season. I think these backups (Jackson) get injured because they aren't out there getting hit on every play. Their bodies need to work up to the beating they'll be receiving.

packerbacker1234
09-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Well - I will support Bjack, but I do not exspect him to replace grant's numbers. In fact, I think we will end up passing even more than we already do because of this. Think the colts offense.

Grant had 8 carries and like, 45 yards. He was having a great game. Jackson got over 50, but he also had like 20 carries. You saw how hesitant he can be if the hole is immediatly visible after the hand off. He didn't do cut backs very well. He doesn't make decisions nearly as fast as Grant did.

And, most of all, Grant doesn't turn the ball over. Bjack matching what grant did for us last season in the turnover department alone seems extremely unlikely.

Look I think Jackson did do some good things last game, but he was far from being considered a real threat. If we were going to put points on the board, it was going to be from passing. Grant gave us the ability to pound it for a drive or two, and did a great job of holding onto the ball, especially in the fourth, when we wanted to run the clock out.

I Bjack gets 700 yards rushing, 8 td's, and another 300 catching, I'll be content. He isn't better than grant, and that was apparent just watching the eagle game.

The Leaper
09-14-2010, 08:35 PM

I completely agree that he will get 1000+ if he stays healthy. Durability is going to be a major concern though...because he's going to be toting the rock an awful lot now.

With our passing game, there are loads of RBs who can produce in our system. Teams can't load up 8 in the box and stuff our run, so even mediocre guys can put up reasonable numbers. I think Jackson as a threat out of the backfield will be a significant development for our offense.

woodbuck27
09-14-2010, 10:11 PM
A BIG Hey Ehh! for the positive reactions to the loss of Ryan Grant.

Let's just wait and see, because that's what it'll be ... with TT. :D

GO PACKERS!