PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Laurence Maroney to Denver

Brandon494
09-14-2010, 04:52 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5572724

The New England Patriots on Tuesday traded running back Laurence Maroney and their 2011 sixth-round pick to the Denver Broncos for their fourth-round pick in 2011, team sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. :evil:

Lurker64
09-14-2010, 04:55 PM
Broncos gave up too much. There are guys on practice squads at this point who are better options than Maroney. He's fragile, he doesn't run hard, and just doesn't seem to care all that much.

Brandon494
09-14-2010, 04:57 PM
Broncos gave up too much. There are guys on practice squads at this point who are better options than Maroney. He's fragile, he doesn't run hard, and just doesn't seem to care all that much.

Pretty sure he had 9 TDs last season and is better than any RB on our roster but then again what do I know.

SkinBasket
09-14-2010, 04:59 PM
but then again what do I know.

Is that a rhetorical question?

HarveyWallbangers
09-14-2010, 04:59 PM
I don't think Maroney fits our scheme. Kind of like Marion Barber. They aren't one cut and go runners.

Brandon494
09-14-2010, 05:04 PM
I don't think Maroney fits our scheme. Kind of like Marion Barber. They aren't one cut and go runners.

haha doesnt fit our scheme? We have one RB on our roster whos injury phone at that. I just want a guy with some experience, not some rookie who couldnt even average 4 yards per carry in the Pac 10.

Lurker64
09-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Pretty sure he had 9 TDs last season and is better than any RB on our roster but then again what do I know.

Broncos traded for a name and a prayer that a change of scenery might do a guy wonders.

Maroney was a hell of a player in college, ran really hard and put up numbers and won games almost singlehandedly. He was pretty good early on in New England, but then he suffered a seemingly neverending series of nagging injuries and just stopped running hard. Got into Belichick's doghouse, and started running even less hard.

Brandon494
09-14-2010, 05:06 PM
but then again what do I know.

Is that a rhetorical question?

yes but you can come along with your smart ass comment...my nuts were getting kinda chilly.

SkinBasket
09-14-2010, 05:10 PM
my nuts were getting kinda chilly.

If you give me your address I'll send you an insulated thimble. I'm totally about charity right now since beating you in FF even after losing Grant. Figure you could use a pick-me-up, or a tiny-nut-cup, as the case may be.

Okay, I'll stop now. I need a drink.

Brandon494
09-14-2010, 05:12 PM

Broncos traded for a name and a prayer that a change of scenery might do a guy wonders.

Maroney was a hell of a player in college, ran really hard and put up numbers and won games almost singlehandedly. He was pretty good early on in New England, but then he suffered a seemingly neverending series of nagging injuries and just stopped running hard. Got into Belichick's doghouse, and started running even less hard.

9 TDs last season > 4 career TDs for Brandon Jackson
4.2 career average > 3.9 career average for Brandon Jackson

Not to mention he is only 25 and sometimes a change of scenery works....look at Benson with the Bengals.

A 4th round pick for a 25 year old former 1st round RB who had 9 TDs last season and a 6th round pick is a pretty good deal if you ask me for a team that is looking to go to the SB with only 1 RB on the roster.

Brandon494
09-14-2010, 05:16 PM

If you give me your address I'll send you an insulated thimble. I'm totally about charity right now since beating you in FF even after losing Grant. Figure you could use a pick-me-up, or a tiny-nut-cup, as the case may be.

You already beat me to picking up Brandon Jackson, now you have to insult my pinky dick? :x

SkinBasket
09-14-2010, 05:18 PM

You already beat me to picking up Brandon Jackson, now you have to insult my pinky dick? :x

If you look at what we've got left in our league for FA RB's, it's pretty fricken bleak. I picked up Jackson because he was really the best of what was left. That's pretty sad.

Not insult, insulate.