PDA

View Full Version : So is this woman being charged for defamation?

Tony Oday
09-17-2010, 08:52 AM
http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sports/article_external/woman_withdraws_charges_sharpe_case_dismissed/3239440

She should get criminal charges against her. She besmirched Sharpe's reputation, and that is huge in the field he is in, with what appears to be lies. She could have wrecked his career, she should be in jail.

Little Whiskey
09-17-2010, 08:56 AM
it wouldn't bother me if this trial dragged on longer. I would rather not have to see Shannon Sharpe on a weekly basis! :lol:

Tony Oday
09-17-2010, 08:59 AM
it wouldn't bother me if this trial dragged on longer. I would rather not have to see Shannon Sharpe on a weekly basis! :lol:

lol I kind of agree based on his performance but what pisses me off is Rothlisberger gets DESTROYED in the public forum and had NO criminal charges against him. This woman LIES about a guy in the public arena possibly almost getting him fired, with no consequences.

woodbuck27
09-17-2010, 11:17 AM
I admire Shannon Sharpe's position in this issue/mattter.

He no less has created a problem for himself. The problem with his temporary resignation or stepping aside fr. his media job, until his name is cleared. Is that this might drag out for months to over a year and where will he be inspite of his innoscence until proven otherwise?

It has to severely suck to be him. Who ever claimed that life is easy?

Joemailman
09-17-2010, 06:17 PM
http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sports/article_external/woman_withdraws_charges_sharpe_case_dismissed/3239440

She should get criminal charges against her. She besmirched Sharpe's reputation, and that is huge in the field he is in, with what appears to be lies. She could have wrecked his career, she should be in jail.

I doubt Sharpe will pursue it. He would just rather the story go away.

hoosier
09-17-2010, 07:04 PM

lol I kind of agree based on his performance but what pisses me off is Rothlisberger gets DESTROYED in the public forum and had NO criminal charges against him. This woman LIES about a guy in the public arena possibly almost getting him fired, with no consequences.

Yeah, Goodell should suspend her for a full 6 games. No reduction of sentence for good time.

KYPack
09-17-2010, 10:02 PM

Yeah, Goodell should suspend her for a full 6 games. No reduction of sentence for good time.

How about this angle?

Make her PLAY 6 games.

Tony Oday
09-18-2010, 12:07 PM
It just pisses me off the double standard here

MJZiggy
09-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Just because Roethlisberger didn't have charges filed does not mean nothing happened and he didn't deserve the public scrutiny.

hoosier
09-18-2010, 07:28 PM

What are you talking about? You think that because Big Ben didn't go to trial that he didn't do anything wrong? And Sharpe's accuser, what if she is delusional or something? Why do assume that you know enough about the whole thing to be able to say what the legal remedy should be?

Tony Oday
09-18-2010, 07:30 PM

What are you talking about? You think that because Big Ben didn't go to trial that he didn't do anything wrong? And Sharpe's accuser, what if she is delusional or something? Why do assume that you know enough about the whole thing to be able to say what the legal remedy should be?

I am not saying double standard with Big Ben and Sharpe, What I am saying is if a guy did this he would be roasted on a spit and the girl would not have had to take a leave from work.

MJZiggy
09-18-2010, 07:44 PM

I am not saying double standard with Big Ben and Sharpe, What I am saying is if a guy did this he would be roasted on a spit and the girl would not have had to take a leave from work.

That's because violent crime by men toward women is so much more pervasive in this society. Women have a much harder time forcing themselves on men against their will--and men have a much harder time admitting it when it does happen.

hoosier
09-18-2010, 08:32 PM

I see. I misunderstood where the second side of the "double standard" was. But I still don't get why you think there is a double standard. It is not too late for the accuser to get charged with some kind of obstruction charge, and Sharpe could certainly sue her for slander if it can be proved that she was making her story up. But slander and rape are not comparable crimes so why should the ways of dealing with them and the consequences be the same?

mraynrand
09-18-2010, 08:46 PM
Sharpe could certainly sue her for slander if it can be proved that she was making her story up

that would be effective